Gerard Butler GALS

Law Abiding Citizen

Catwoman

I just got back from a sold out 1 p.m. matinee.

Ladies and Gents, I do believe we have a winner. This is one serious, kick-a$$ movie and definitely not for the faint of heart. The last 15 minutes will just about take your breath away because you have no idea what's going to happen.

There is a lot to read between the lines in this one. True irony and definitely subtle.

Anyone who has been through the US court system will understand the motivations of both Clyde and Nick. This movie is also a perfect illustration of the fact that the US justice system is NOT constructed on "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" or on "equality under the law". It's about back-room deals and maneuvering that stretches the spirit and letter of the law to the point of near-rupture. This is the story of one man's single-minded focus on getting the justice for his family that is denied by a system completely bent out of any sort of recognizable shape.

It's going to take me some time to really process this movie. For now, though, I didn't see any "loose ends". The premise wasn't that far-fetched, especially when Clyde's background is disclosed. I completely understood Clyde's motives and continued to root for him throughout the entire movie. For Clyde, the end was just what I hoped because he finally found peace. For Nick, I thought it was ironic and appropriate.

In the end, we all live with the decisions we make and, one way or another, we are all held accountable for our actions.

I liked Law Abiding Citizen. It was a pretty decent film and kept me on the edge of the seat!

I was disappointed in the anticlimactic ending, though. However, overall, I was not disappointed in the least and will see it again.

Gerry and Jamie had great chemistry. That was important!!!

I liked Jamie's performance, very much! He was a very cold, career-driven prosecutor/DA, who loved his family, but keeping the high conviction score card on the criminal business came first. You saw that in the way he dealt with everything from his family down to his reaction to the murders Clyde was committing. He was angry and outraged, but limited emotion. He had to be to do his as well as he did.

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed in Gerry's portrayal of his character. I expected more of something from him... more emotion... more crazy... more of something. I expected him (his charcter) to evoke a strong emotion in me... should I feel pity for him and want him to succeed in what he was doing in getting what he felt was justice for his family's murder. Or should I be disgusted by him and his actions... really disliking him for despicable behavior for which there is no justification. It just was not there. I think if it had been, Gerry's performance would have excelled and he would have been close to phenomenal. But... it was not there and his performance was more like average.

This was suspenseful film! Always wondering what was around the corner. And I think it will be successful in box office terms and definitely with many fans.

It would be nice if this film could get some award recognition, but I am not sure that it made the grade for that. Good popcorn film, though! Definitely worth seeing!

It was good to see Evil Twins and Gerry's name on the screen as a producer. Hope to see lots of that in the near future!

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

• 3 weeks later...
I know I'm not the only one who thinks he is brilliant in this movie! His first production! I really hope he is proud of his creation...I know I am proud for him!! He goes from innocent victim to psychopath and it's unbelieveable!! He's so evil but you feel sorry for him and still rooting for him all at the same time! Well, at least I was. I LOVE this movie! I've seen it twice so far and cannot wait for a third!! :claphands:

Has it been raised as I can't recall seeing this being discussed but may have missed it - When Clyde was arrested I did not see any scars on his torso from when he was stabbed a few times in the home invasion???. We got a good enough view of that gorgeous body and dont recall seeing anything that resembled scarring and would have expected some lasting effect even after 10 years.

Moira

Has it been raised as I can't recall seeing this being discussed but may have missed it - When Clyde was arrested I did not see any scars on his torso from when he was stabbed a few times in the home invasion???. We got a good enough view of that gorgeous body and dont recall seeing anything that resembled scarring and would have expected some lasting effect even after 10 years.

Moira

I suppose the "Producer" had to make a choice between having the "Talent" looking absolutely perfect and being realistic. Since we all know what brings in the money and the ladies to the box office, the former option won. :-)

Seriously though I guess it escaped them and good for you for noticing. Maybe you can joke about it with Gerry when you see him at the premiere. Notice how I say "when" and not "if", I am sending positive vibes to make it happen for you.

Theresa

Theresa I am gutted for you and thank you for your positive vibes. If it's meant to be as they say :wave: . I would just love to see it with his family in attendance seeing their reactions to the jump out of your seat scenes. I wonder if THAT scene will reduce the rufty tufty Glasgow men in his family to jibbering wrecks :lmao:

I intend to have a blast either way as so many fans are coming from all over the world and we'll give Gerry a heroes welcome he wont forget in a hurry :wuv::wuv:

Moira

I know I'm not the only one who thinks he is brilliant in this movie! His first production! I really hope he is proud of his creation...I know I am proud for him!! He goes from innocent victim to psychopath and it's unbelieveable!! He's so evil but you feel sorry for him and still rooting for him all at the same time! Well, at least I was. I LOVE this movie! I've seen it twice so far and cannot wait for a third!! :claphands:

No you're not, honey. I LOVE this movie so much! I'm having a bad morning so I think I'll treat myself this afternoon - for a 5th viewing.

Wish we could see it together, April.

Moira, it was already discussed in the first thread when LAC first came out here in the states. :) Many noticed that. My thought ... it's 10years later. Who cares? LOL

Edited by phoenixgirl

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed in Gerry's portrayal of his character. I expected more of something from him... more emotion... more crazy... more of something. I expected him (his charcter) to evoke a strong emotion in me... should I feel pity for him and want him to succeed in what he was doing in getting what he felt was justice for his family's murder. Or should I be disgusted by him and his actions... really disliking him for despicable behavior for which there is no justification. It just was not there. I think if it had been, Gerry's performance would have excelled and he would have been close to phenomenal. But... it was not there and his performance was more like average.

This was suspenseful film! Always wondering what was around the corner. And I think it will be successful in box office terms and definitely with many fans.

It would be nice if this film could get some award recognition, but I am not sure that it made the grade for that. Good popcorn film, though! Definitely worth seeing!

It was good to see Evil Twins and Gerry's name on the screen as a producer. Hope to see lots of that in the near future!

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:[/b][/font][/size][/color]

I respect your opinion but strongly disagree. It was much much more than popcorn film.

Also, it was the brilliance of Gerry's performance to be able to remain calm and determined throughout the entire movie.

We are different but it did evoke very strong emotions from me; it was a very very moving performance from Gerry. Did you pay attention to his face? The pain, the memories were so painfully present in his expressions.

I cried a lot during and after the movie as well.

I don't think that you have to concentrate on his actions, whether it was right or wrong. You have to concentrate on his feelings. IMO.

He goes from innocent victim to psychopath and it's unbelieveable!! He's so evil but you feel sorry for him and still rooting for him all at the same time! Well, at least I was. I LOVE this movie! I've seen it twice so far and cannot wait for a third!! :claphands: [/font][/size][/color]

I do not think that he was a psychopath at all.

I agree. It is 10 years later. I personally don't scar badly. My scars generally have no color, so I don't think it's that unusual that you couldn't see it.

What I really want to know is where are the scars on his back from Gamer? I'm not saying they're covered up or anything, but I'm not sure where on his back they were actually located.

This is obviously a more important question Moira. :lol:

He goes from innocent victim to psychopath and it's unbelieveable!! He's so evil but you feel sorry for him and still rooting for him all at the same time! Well, at least I was. I LOVE this movie! I've seen it twice so far and cannot wait for a third!! :claphands: [/font][/size][/color]

I do not think that he was a psychopath at all.

Ahh well, Gerry did say himself that this was his Hannibal Lecter role...whatever he was meant to portray himself as, he did it brilliantly!!

• 9 months later...

Yesterday was released here in Italy. I already saw months ago in English and hit me right away. I went to see it again yesterday, and it is always as it first. Leaves the viewer in suspense until the last, completely overwhelms you. The couple Gerry /Jamie I love, I hope to work together again. However, it is really a great film.