Gerard Butler GALS

Box Office

Novelistgirl

Early estimates for this weekend!!

It is placed at number 3 with an estimate of $7.2 million and a weekend total estimate of $51,281,650

http://boxoffice.com/numbers/

April

WOW! This is amazing! Still at no3 after 3 weekends! And it has already met its budget! Way to go Evil Twins!

Theresa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed that LAC is moving UP in the movie listings (boxofficemojo.com) and passed Paranormal and Resort to be at #6 with fewer movie theaters than some others on the list. Could this be a SNL 'bounce?' Maybe a Bonnie Hunt bounce, or any number of other interviews. Great news. Congratulations LAC and Evil Twins.

:wave:

I think it's just that the competition hasn't been that strong. Once the novelty of the new films coming out on the weekend is over, they tend to readjust with the weaker ones sinking and the stronger ones rising. (Gamer did the same although it was a very weak market so not a lot of money came in. But it would sink on the weekend and then rise one or two places during the week.)

I'm not a Twilighter but "New Moon" will probably swamp all boats this weekend and there are a couple of other new films that could be popular. LAC has had a fantastic run and it's not quite over but it will probably slowly fade away. :D

jane

Wish MOJO would post the foreign figures on TUT and LAC. They haven't updated since Nov. 1st.

Lyn

I agree. I also would like to see worldwide totals when lists and articles come out instead of just the US numbers.

:wave:

I am with you both, I know the US market is huge, but now that the movie has opened in Europe there should be some good news there too :)

Amanda

While I am glad that Evil Twins is doing well with LAC; the movie "Paranormal Activity" was only on a tiny budget but is making a killing because of it. That movie knocked my socks off it was that scarry. Gerry does best where "scarry" is concerned but with a good script behind it. I wish he would remake something like Dracula or Jekyll& Hyde; I can really picture him in a role that; like "Silence of the Lambs" is down right frightening. He has that "menacing look" when he wants to that just screams....LOOK OUT I'M ON YOUR TAIL!"

Went to see LAC, again, on Monday.....in the middle of the day...the theater was two thirds full! I was impressed. Lots of response from the crowd so they must have liked it. I cannot believe they are cutting way back on the number of theaters this weekend, of course what do I know of movie marketing tactics, but it seems a perfect place for people to go..ones who are not interested in Black Friday..........like me!

About the International figures… here’s what we have on our Russian movie site:

USA – $ 70 413 081

Other countries – $ 5 423 765 (including - Russia – $ 2 040 787)

TOTAL – $ 75 836 846

Here’s the link:

http://www.kinopoisk.ru/level/85/film/406408/

Of course it’s all in Russian there, but also it has many pictures showing the figures :D

About the International figures… here’s what we have on our Russian movie site:

USA – $ 70 413 081

Other countries – $ 5 423 765 (including - Russia – $ 2 040 787)

TOTAL – $ 75 836 846

Here’s the link:

http://www.kinopoisk.ru/level/85/film/406408/

Of course it’s all in Russian there, but also it has many pictures showing the figures :D

It just occured to me: why didn't he go to Russia to promote his work? It's a big market with great potential and I am sure they will love him there because he is so outgoing and warm and I think Russians are like that.

Theresa

It just occured to me: why didn't he go to Russia to promote his work? It's a big market with great potential and I am sure they will love him there because he is so outgoing and warm and I think Russians are like that.

Theresa

Oh, Theresa, that’s our question too! :lol: We have quite a fan-base here, and we’d be happy to see him in our country anytime. Of course there’re still people asking “Who’s Gerard Butler?”, but their amount is now becoming less from day to day, because of all his premiers and countless articles in all our magazines. And I’m absolutely sure he’d easily charm our people… he actually did that already with many and many of us :wuv:

So, we're hoping...

Theresa

Oh, Theresa, that’s our question too! :lol: We have quite a fan-base here, and we’d be happy to see him in our country anytime. Of course there’re still people asking “Who’s Gerard Butler?”, but their amount is now becoming less from day to day, because of all his premiers and countless articles in all our magazines. And I’m absolutely sure he’d easily charm our people… he actually did that already with many and many of us :wuv:

So, we're hoping...

I think Russia is not yet under Hollywood's radar which is silly really, everybody else seems interested in this market. I know number of Greek artists who always include Russia in their plans. I guess Hollywood is still going with the traditional markets when they do their promos: NY, LA, UK, Japan with Australia and Germany if they're going full blown. But I think Russia and China should be also considered from now on. This is why I was very surprised when they included Oslo for LAC. Lucky Norwegians ! :-)

Theresa

I think Russia is not yet under Hollywood's radar which is silly really, everybody else seems interested in this market. I know number of Greek artists who always include Russia in their plans. I guess Hollywood is still going with the traditional markets when they do their promos: NY, LA, UK, Japan with Australia and Germany if they're going full blown. But I think Russia and China should be also considered from now on. This is why I was very surprised when they included Oslo for LAC. Lucky Norwegians ! :-)

Theresa

You know, the funniest thing is that a lot of Hollywood stars visited Russia already: Mickey Rourke, Hugh Jackman, Bruce Willis, Keanu Reeves, Charlize Theron, Will Smith, Brendan Fraser... well, and many others, I don’t even remember all the names now.. but Gerry, our special guy, is still avoiding our country for some reason :confused:

And I’m with you in considering both Russia and China as good markets, but unfortunately it’s for the moviemakers to decide if it’s really expedient for some actor to go to the certain country, and maybe they have their own calculations which are not match with ours. But maybe I’m wrong and it’s just not time for his visit yet... so we'll wait :D

Where the stars go for promotion is largely determined by the distributors. If the distributors book them, most will show up. This is why he frequently goes to Japan, the Japanese distributors bring him over. The same with Oslo and Germany. The distributor arranges it.

Pester whoever brings in his films to bring him over as well. He'd probably love a chance to tour Russia. :D

jane

Where the stars go for promotion is largely determined by the distributors. If the distributors book them, most will show up. This is why he frequently goes to Japan, the Japanese distributors bring him over. The same with Oslo and Germany. The distributor arranges it.

Pester whoever brings in his films to bring him over as well. He'd probably love a chance to tour Russia. :D

jane

In that case the Greek distributors are realy stupid. They didn't even try to bring him for 300 which would be the most obvious thing for Greece... :-(

Theresa

While I am glad that Evil Twins is doing well with LAC; the movie "Paranormal Activity" was only on a tiny budget but is making a killing because of it. That movie knocked my socks off it was that scarry. Gerry does best where "scarry" is concerned but with a good script behind it. I wish he would remake something like Dracula or Jekyll& Hyde; I can really picture him in a role that; like "Silence of the Lambs" is down right frightening. He has that "menacing look" when he wants to that just screams....LOOK OUT I'M ON YOUR TAIL!"

I sort of agree on this ....Look at the box office for New Moon...It's over the MOON! No pun intended. :p But it seems this is the day of the Vampire!! Remember Gerry was supposed to be a Vampire slayer in Priest? In my opinion this seems to be the type of film that everyone is going for...at first I thought it was just a Teen fad but now I've changed my mind as I see even a lot of our Gals have become fans! :cunning: I know I know...Gerry is a very smart man and will make the right decisions ...just thought I would put that in here cause those that "know" Gerry will remind me of such but although I Love him Dearly...I hate to put this to ya ...even he can make mistakes!! :unsure:

:lalala: Frannie

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say the LAC is still playing in the cheap theater in our area. It's been there for weeks and weeks. With the DVD coming out next month that is a real testament to the staying power of LAC. It didn't just drop out of sight. Folks are still going to see it. Yea!!!

Edited by beacon1

Yes, it sure is a testament!

Over Christmas I went with some friends to see it again, and was surprised that it was still playing. Of course, we had to drive to the next city, but still, they wouldn't have been showing it if they weren't still selling tickets!

I'm so mad :tantrum: that there are no second-run theatres where I live now. In North Carolina where I'm from we had several $1.50 theatres that showed movies that were a few months old. I'd be going to see LAC every weekend if I had that around here!

Can't wait for the DVD!! :D

Steph

It's still playing at a theater an hour away from me .... wish I could go. SIGH. I'll wait the month until I can watch it at home.

But I'm THRILLED it's still making money. I hope the DVD sales are through the roof. Even my son's pastor said he's buying the Blu Ray version (I like to think it's just so I can watch it on their huge flat screen, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with me). LOL