Gerard Butler GALS

10/17 - "Citizen" is showing the strongest audience exit polls ever for Overture

becozy

From: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801006...yid=13&cs=1

excerpt:

Overture Films’ drama-thriller "Law Abiding Citizen" starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler also fared quite well in second with $7.6 million off 2,890, giving the distrib its best opening day since it first unspooled films in January 2008. "Citizen" outstripped Overture’s previous opening day high, the Robert De Niro-Al Pacino thriller "Righteous Kill" which generated $5.8 million last September. Currently, "Citizen" is showing the strongest audience exit polls ever for Overture. Pic looks to land in the 20s, beating the $16.3 million opening weekend of "Kill" and potentially rivaling 2001’s "Training Day" as the month’s best action opener which bowed to $22.6 million.

Just came from the theater and it was jammed packed the 7:45 show was full and everybody seemed to enjoy it.I went with a member from the movie crew and of course he had to tell me scene by scene everything that was happening.He was like a proud papa.

Word of mouth is going to be great. I saw it and was hyped. My daughter saw it and was hyped. We both are telling everyone they must go see it. So far I know another 6 people will be going this weekend. I know final box office will be great. Gosh Gerry so deserves for this movie to be a hit. He was sensational as Clyde.

Connie

:yummy: A friend and I went to see LAC last night. It was fabulous. The movie was packed and everyone was talking about it afterward. I cannot wait to see it again on Monday night with my husband. My friend wants to see it again and is now a BIG fan of Gerry Butler. I now have 3 local friends to talk about him with :tantrum:

You GALS are the greatest to be keeping US abreast of everything GB. Thank you so much.

:kiss:

I saw it twice on Friday and plan to go back tomorrow.

This movie is great. Gerry is FANTABULOUS as always.

Saturday night live was fabulous also. He is so talented.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Gosh Gerry so deserves for this movie to be a hit.

Connie

I agree 100% with you!!! Unfortunately in Italy we probably won't ever see it.... :tantrum:

I always liked the idea of Gerry playing a villain (even for good reasons ;) )

I despair at times at many critics' severe criticisms of several of Gerry's movies in spite thankfully of popular rections from audiences. It seems that no matter what genre he tackles and how well he nails the different characters they just dont seem to give him credit for his ability and courage in tackling the variety he does.

Thank goodness for the internet which provides so many other avenues for word about films to get out there.

We had even '300' panned by some for its perceived politics or too much shouting etc!

P.S.I love you' some hated and didnt like Hilary Swank being in a rom-com:

'Nim's Island' too trivial and also not liking Jodie Foster in a family film doing a comedy role:

'RocknRolla' the anti Guy Ritchie brigade were down on this as well:

'POTO' some didnt like Andrew lloyd Webber or Joel Schumacher and didnt like Gerry's voice because he wasnt Michael Crawford:

'The Ugly Truth', some missed the whole point of the humour and tongue in cheekness of this completely:

'Gamer' not liked because it wasnt a big enough actioner:

'LAC' compared to 'Saw' and not giving credit to the complexities of the story.

When you watch all Gerry's interviews commenting on his different roles,his directors' warm appreciation of his work,he really gets behind the movies and is proud of them all.

Thank goodness the audiences worldwide judge for themselves.

Mirin

I despair at times at many critics' severe criticisms of several of Gerry's movies in spite thankfully of popular rections from audiences. It seems that no matter what genre he tackles and how well he nails the different characters they just dont seem to give him credit for his ability and courage in tackling the variety he does.

Thank goodness for the internet which provides so many other avenues for word about films to get out there.

We had even '300' panned by some for its perceived politics or too much shouting etc!

'Nim's Island' too trivial and also not liking Jodie Foster in a family film doing a comedy role:

'POTO' some didnt like Andrew lloyd Webber or Joel Schumacher and didnt like Gerry's voice because he wasnt Michael Crawford:

'The Ugly Truth', some missed the whole point of the humour and tongue in cheekness of this completely:

When you watch all Gerry's interviews commenting on his different roles,his directors' warm appreciation of his work,he really gets behind the movies and is proud of them all.

Mirin

Well said! I'm with you 100%

Theresa

Mirin

So far Mirin...You said it BEST!

:wave: Frannie

I feel confident that the day is coming sooner than later when the audience and the majority of critics will be on the same page. Because this boy is not going to quit of course no matter what the naysayers babble on about. Of course it could happen the critics will love one of his next films and the audience will be lukewarm. But most actors have to get that indy project where they do it their way and if it isn't a blockbuster, that's OK too. GB seems to be at that stage where he can now take more risks. I hope he does.

To some extent, Gerry has an ability to transcend the material he has to work with, including SNL. And to a degree some of the criticism comes out of the belief that he can do better which could be construed a compliment, because other actors are dismissed as just bad actors, most critics take the tact that he is a good actor in need of better material. So there is hope. There is always hope bwah.

And here is hoping that the Burns project just might be it. I would think the next thing he needs in the repetoire is a piece that shows a softer serious side aka not an action film but with a script that is elevated beyond a typical rom-com and nothing like a well written and well acted, lushly filmed biopic to do that.

Edited by lavender1960

I agree 100% with you!!! Unfortunately in Italy we probably won't ever see it.... :tantrum:

That may not be true. He's attending the premiere in Berlin, and you know it will open in the UK, so why wouldn't all of Europe get it? Hell, Oslo, Norway is getting it!

Just got home a bit ago after seeing LAC...My husband and daughter went with me. We all liked it very much and I have to laugh because the only thing that my hubby didn't like was the end because of who died and who walked away!! I didn't have a problem keeping up to it ....was surprised by maybe one scene that made me jump a little.. I think of course Gerry was brilliant and although it's not the type of role I like to see him play he was spot on! I'm just glad that I got a chance to see it on the big screen and if I should get a chance to go again I will but other wise I'll be waiting patiently for the DVD! I tried to hear the comments from the peeps behind us but there was more giggling going on than anything...Some moments you could hear a pin drop! I know this is in the wrong place so I'll put it where it belongs ....I mean I think! ;)

:wave: Frannie

Sorry ...wrong thread!

Edited by ladyfran