Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
ready2fly

Gerry on SNL

I love SNL and seeing Gerry tonight has been awesome. Beast with a warped self image, the weekend update and the white pimp suit. Heaven. He did great, I am so proud! Holy hell, they just showed a picture of him in a kilt. I need the kilt picture. :pant:

That was a cute Kilt picture. Gerry was cute as a speckled pup as always. The only thing I HATED was there were too many commercials. I just wanted that dadgum beer and that wheat to get a room and let there be an hour and half of Gerry!

:lol:

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I laughed so much my cheeks are hurting. Can't mention the skits cause I already got Hell from someone that hasn't seen it yet but I will say he seemed pretty relaxed to me! I really hope we get all the still pics in the gallery...Don't really know what the feather was about though!?

:wave: Frannie

That was a cute Kilt picture. Gerry was cute as a speckled pup as always. The only thing I HATED was there were too many commercials. I just wanted that dadgum beer and that wheat to get a room and let there be an hour and half of Gerry!

:lol:

Love,

Tracy

Yes, beer and wheat needed to take it to a room and give us more Gerry time. I think that kilt picture has just given me a fetish. I have never... um seen anything like that. Huh, so ok then I'll be in the gutter if anyone needs me. :drool1:

I thought Gerry was brilliant and I loved the way he wasn't afraid to be totally off the wall goofy! I had my reservations about the opening, but adored the fact we were able to hear Gerry singing so much!!!!

MUST have that kilt picture!

Suzie

Okay, what stood out most to me from this appearance was something really silly... Anyone remember how I have mentioned on like 5 different threads how I've always wanted to hear Gerry say my name? Well, tonight on SNL he said "Stephanos" like 3 times. Not quite Stephanie, but it only took a little imagination... :kisswink:

Steph

I laughed so hard I have a headache! He looks sexy even when he's being funny! I was going to bed after but had to jump back on here I'm so excited!

GERRY WAS FANTASTIC, of course I knew he would be! Everything he did was funny and I was so blown away when he sang! OMG! I'm in seventh heaven right now! Thank you, Lord! His voice is really beautiful! I knew he was gonna be great on SNL but I had no idea and he did not disappoint! I'm not sure which skit I liked best and that accent was in full force! God, I love that man! He's delicious! :love:

I'm sure you all noticed, but did you check out those thighs? :swoon: OMFB! And those arms! :yummy::drooldrum:

He looked like he was really having a blast and I'm so happy for him! Hope he does SNL again sometime and I hope we get some of the pics. Can we get some of those pics?

Loved, loved, loved it! :goodjob:

Delene

I haven't laughed at SNL so much in years. Gerry is a natural on stage. Loved it! My daughter and I were discussing the skits and decided they all were hilarious. Gerry was brilliant. A true professional. I have seen many hosts do skits on SNL but Gerry was one of the best hosts I have seen. SNL had some great skits this week. But I suppose you have great skits when you have a great host. Gerry didn't miss a beat. Looked like he was a regular cast member. Bravo to Gerry!

Connie

I already was a SNL fan and Gerry being on it was just some sexy Scottish icing on the cake.

Love,

Tracy

I liked the weekend update the best I think... Got to hear him talk in his real (if not exaggerated) Scots! Plus, funny funny! I also took pride in understanding everything he said with little effort, until that last ridiculous string. :lol:

Steph

I'm just amazed at his singing talent. He got through that monologue spot on and singing right on key, along with batting all the baddies away. The best. Just the best. What can we do about his singing? He's so good. But, then, what isn't he good at?

I want to mention the 'sports' thing when he did the Southern accent. I remember Michael Caine once saying that a Southern accent was the easiest thing for a UK actor to do when it came to US accents. Gerry was right on with it. MC must have know from where he spoke.

Without giving it away, for those of you who have not yet seen it, wait until you see the white suit and cane! OMG! It's hilarious! I'd love to see the rehearsal/outtakes of this show! I wonder if this is rerun somewhere? I can't get over it! Gerry was smashing!

Delene

:pant: Oh Delene did I ever notice the thighs. I'm lucky I can replay it on my DVR because after the thighs my mind went one way while the skit went on so I missed some of it. OMFB, after the kilt and Weekend Update it's official. I am finding my own Scotsman to marry and have babies with. I think Gerry just became my gateway drug to all things Scottish. :wuv: ~Becca

I'm still laughing over the white pimp suit! :lmao: That was hilarious.

Let's face it ... the writing is horrible and Gerry was the only good thing on the show. I loved that he sang so much. The Beauty and the Beast skit was really funny. We all knew they would do a 300 thing ... and the Daveheart was a crack up. The secretary thing - even Gerry couldn't save that one. I wanted to smash her face in. The Weekend Update was cute with the Scottish speak.

Gerry was fantastic and he looked like he had a great time. I'm so very proud of him. :wuv:

Brilliant! Didn't he do well?! :whome2:

Loved 'Weekend Update' and 'Daveheart'. Couldn't stop laughing!! And all the siging and the white suit and... well, I just loved all of it!!! :cheer2:

Gerry was awesome, a total natural. He was loose, goofy and clearly had a blast! I’m so glad he had the opportunity to do this. He looked terrific too!

As soon as he started singing I figured there must be a Gal or Tart on the SNL staff. There had to be someone whose wish is for more Gerry singing don't you think? I don't mind the usual scruff he wears but he looked so much younger tonight!

Edited by annabanana

Lisa, I am totally with you on this. Gerry was great--I hope he gets the chance to more of

this type of thing. He loves being in front of an audience. I guess I am really showing my

age, but I just don't care for the show. That secretary skit was awful, except for getting to

see some more of Gerry on camera. The others were fine--the ones with Gerry. Didn't care

for any of the new people (been a few years since I have even seen the show except for a

skit or two. The commercials ruined it for me--plain and simple. Oh well, Gerry hosted SNL,

and that is a BIG step in his career. Loved seeing him and hope he does this and other

kinds of tv guesting as well. What are we gonna do when all of this Gerrymania dies down

and he goes off on a well deserved vacation?

Judy

And what the HELL was all the guests about?? Opening the show without the guest host? Don't get me wrong; I love Dwayne Johnson but seriously??? Let him host his own show!

The commercials were stupid and there were too many. I really felt like they took a lot away from Gerry ... or any host. I think that's rude ... it surely is not the same show it used to be.

And what the HELL was all the guests about?? Opening the show without the guest host? Don't get me wrong; I love Dwayne Johnson but seriously??? Let him host his own show!

The commercials were stupid and there were too many. I really felt like they took a lot away from Gerry ... or any host. I think that's rude ... it surely is not the same show it used to be.

I know, I looked at the clock at one point and thought, Gerry has only been on here twice and it's this late? I was confused when Dwayne opened it. My first thought was Gerry had gotten sick or something and they had to replace him. The white pimp suit made up for it. He was in such good form. You could tell he felt great and was having fun. Just seeing him become so electric has wired me for sound. It's 4:20am here and I can't sleep for nothing. The Gerry Juice is getting the better of me and I dont care anymore.

They have been bringing cameo guests in for the cold opening from time to time for awhile now, but I think the Dwayne Johnson/mad Obama bit is pretty lame. The guest host usually doesn’t do the opening.

This was one of their stronger shows this season I think. By and large they are having a hard time with their female talent. Kristen Wiig is about it. Since Maya Rudolf, Tina Fey and Amy Poeler left, they haven’t been able to find anyone of equal talent to replace those woman.

This was a great showcase for Gerry, he sang, he has great comic timing, so SNL fans who know little of Gerry beyond 300 got a terrific intro into how versatile he really is. I think Gerry is the best host so far this season. And if Twitter is correct Gerry became a favorite of the SNL writers too!

UK poster here. Am I correct in thinking that there are more clips to upload from Gerard's SNL appearance?

Seen up to part three with the 300 skit, but am now intrigued by the white pimp suit and cane comment.

J