Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Em

We Want YOU!

As you now know, the 5th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention's theme for 2010 is, "A Gathering of the Clans Fans - Some Like it Scot." So we're going to have a Scottish-themed convention...GALS/PALS style!

The Mod Squad have come up with a ton of ideas, but I thought we'd open it up to the forum to see what other ideas you amazing GALS/PALS can come up with.

Also, we've got SO MANY new members and I thought it would be a good way to show them how WE do conventions!

Ideas for Special Guests, Bands, Entertainment, Film, you name it, let's have 'em.

So, as Goldie Hawn used to say on "Laugh-In," SOCK IT TO ME!

:hugs:

Dayna/Dr. Em

I'm a newbie sort of I would like to acknowledge the newer members of first time convention goers in some way.Maybe have them paired up with a more experienced or older GALS member.Like a big sister/little sister sort of thing.I think that would be fun!!!!

Oh what a great idea! Too bad bagpipers are LOUD as hell. Might be fun to actually have one perform one of the nights.

OOOOOHhhhhhhh bagpipes! :drool1:

Ideas, huh? I will have to think on that one Dayna. DQ, I like your idea on a big/little GAL pairing. I remember Sally and my first Con; we were a tad bit nervous too!

BTW~ I'm already planning my outfit for Saturday :pointy:

How about a taste challenge. Little bite size pieces of some sort of Scottish delicacy to sample. Blindfold and munch it down. Whomever can get the most down wins a nice prize. Haggis anyone???

Cassie

Please! Please! Please! Have the Virtual Convention happen again. That was great for those of us that couldn't make the convention in 2009. We had so much fun last year and I'm sure those that can't afford to attend or have scheduling conflicts, will appreciate being a part of the 2010 convention in that manner.

Thanks for allowing us to have input on the convention.

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Can we have deep fried Mars bars,fish and chips and Guiness beer? It would be nice if Gerry's mom could send us some of he special blackberry conserve(Hint Hint!)

Edited by dairyqueen

Can we have deep fried Mars bars,fish and chips and Guiness beer? It would be nice if Gerry's mom could send us some of he special blackberry conserve(Hint Hint!)

:lmao: Think we oughta stick to stuff we can actually get, T.

Ok. Glenlivet it is then and LAC,Hey wait a minute maybe Gerry can bring it himself! Don't go stealing my joy Landa a girl can dream huh?

We are changing how we do "The Wall" but will still nedd pages. RezzRN would like to do a work shop for how to do the pages, that way we can help those that are having trouble and they can still get the pages ready for convention.

Humm...a way to acknowledge convention virgins.....I will get back to you on that. The Big/Little sister thing is cool too.

Ohhh and movie...PS I LOVE YOU!!! :D

Guest Kyriem

Please! Please! Please! Have the Virtual Convention happen again. That was great for those of us that couldn't make the convention in 2009. We had so much fun last year and I'm sure those that can't afford to attend or have scheduling conflicts, will appreciate being a part of the 2010 convention in that manner.

Thanks for allowing us to have input on the convention.

The Divine Miss S :rose:

I agree 100%. I'll be in Auckland (New Zealand) next year and the flight to Vegas is way too expensive for me. I think if you have this Virtual Convention again I'll find a way to connect somehow. Please do it, it allows us to be part of GALS convention even if not in person.

Thanks a bunch,

Simona

We've had a Virtual Con every year. (I think) It's always a success and don't anticipate that being changed. I don't think I'm revealing too much when I say plans are in the works with Scotsmanstuart to improve the live feed. Keep your fingers crossed the plans come together. :cunning:

Entertainment...HOLLY HOLLY HOLLY!! :D

Most definitely!! She has LOTS of material for this year :funnyup:

Holly as our stand-up is a given! When listening to Holly's stand-up, I consider it exercise for the abs! I always laugh so hard!

As for the virtual con, that is a given. We want as many GB Fans to feel involved as possible. Barb always kicks arse with the con!

:hugs:

Dayna

Entertainment...HOLLY HOLLY HOLLY!! :D

Most definitely!! She has LOTS of material for this year :funnyup:

:embarassed:

A LOT of material! :rotflmao: The problem is going to be knitting it all together AND keeping it under an hour! :lmao:

The "virtual con" is our dear becozy's brilliant brainchild. (They don't call her "Miss Congeniality Admin" for nothing! :p) Assuming she does the impossible yet again, I can confirm that technical "upgrades" are being/have been purchased in terms of the video portion, along with LIGHTING arrangements!

For those of you concerned about being First-Timers, all you have to do is convince your bestest GAL friend to go with you and it will all be good! ;)

OOOOOHhhhhhhh bagpipes! :drool1:

Ideas, huh? I will have to think on that one Dayna. DQ, I like your idea on a big/little GAL pairing. I remember Sally and my first Con; we were a tad bit nervous too!BTW~ I'm already planning my outfit for Saturday :pointy:

Deb-- Nervous??.... you???........ I find that very hard (hehe) to believe. It sure didnt take you long to get out of your shell! Oh ye owner of the fabulous Pants!!

Dayna- the pairing idea is a great one. Definitely keep that in mind. Will keep thinking............

No matter what though.. It will be a BLAST!!!

Annemarie :wave:

These are all fabuloseo ideas! Keep 'em coming!

~ D

Well, I'll have to decline. My hubby and I will be traveling next summer for our anniversary/birthdays so an extra trip is out. :(

Virtual Con for me!

I wish I could go next year. If I was working I would save and go. I love the idea of the Big sis/Little sis. That would be fun!!

:lol: yall dont need no big sis/little sis. just dive in there!!!!!!!

While I won't be there to witness it...I think everyone should try talking with a Scottish accent!! I think that would be hilarious. You to Moira! lol

How about (going with the Scottish theme) a traditional Scottish Ceilidh. They really are sooo much fun. The music is great, cheerful & uplifting. Great in a big group. You could learn a few dances - The Gay Gordons, Canadian Barndance, Strip the Willow etc... Theres a huge amount of info on the web.

Just a thought... :partytime:

If I wasn't so self conscious to be in public I would be soooooooo there. A clootie dumpling is in order for this event. Oh and an old school favorite....caramel flan. I make it all the time. Scones anyone?

Haggis is a must...and shortbread....and scones! Wish we were able to come...there are several of us here in Salt Lake that had hoped to come, but will now be attending the virtual con instead. The very next weekend is the Utah Scottish Association's annual Scottish Festival and Highland Games and we're all very involved with the planning and execution of that event. We can't get away the weekend before the Festival...too much to do!

The Ceilidh (kay-lee) is great idea too. Good food, good music, dancing and great friends! Just what we who haven't been lucky enough to attend already imagine the convention to be all about. Just with a little more emphasis on the Scottish traditions.