Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Em

We Want YOU!

I think someone should channel Sheena Easton and sing "Morning Train" or "Sugar Walls" for our enjoyment. I'll make sure I have fresh batteries in the camera to capture that moment.

Cassie

I'd love to hear our Katie (Songbird) sing "Caledonia" or the "Sky Boat Song". Her's is the voice of Angels.

Suzie

PLEASE, no haggis! Tried it in Edinburgh, never again!

Edited by Texas gramma

:blush: Aw, thank you, Suzie! AND Hobbes who mentioned

it in another thread somewhere :wuv:

Lord willing, I will be attending and singing at the 2010 Convention!

Dang I so want to be there.

I had mentioned in the Jewelry thread that I was considering making glass pendants (for those of you who are going to the convention) to wear and then someone else said they weren't going but would be interested in one.

I make jewelry and have a wee shop online so if I got permission to use "GB Gals" I could put that on the pendants.

I won't however, use any of Gerry's pics unless I have his permission or a release (which would be greeeeaaaat) since that falls under copyright laws and you can't break those.

So let me know what you think and who I should get the permission from to use "GB Gals" and I maybe we could have those for all you lovely ladies (and guys) to wear :)

I think someone should channel Sheena Easton and sing "Morning Train" or "Sugar Walls" for our enjoyment. I'll make sure I have fresh batteries in the camera to capture that moment.

Cassie

I really loved "Sugar Walls"!!!

Hi Hi

How about adding a Scottish Flair to the music, bands like, Mr Greenfinger, Primal Scream, Wet Wet Wet, Bay City Rollers, Simple minds, Snow Patrol, Texas could feature throughout also songs that reference Scotland.

I love the Scones idea with butter and Jam, proper tea :) Shortbread biscuits, oatcakes.

Ceile(irish spelling) are a great idea just the organisation and actually learning the dances might be awkward, maybe someone could do a workshop on the dances and we could have it during boogie time?

I'll think on more ideas and report back if inspiration hits

:)

Hi Hi

Bay City Rollers,

I'll think on more ideas and report back if inspiration hits

:)

SNAP!

The Bay City Rollers!!!! I love them!

I'm so hoping to be there for the convention, but the way things are looking, it's not probable, unless everyone prays for a miracle for me....anyway, my idea has to do with of course.....the wearing of the plaid......I'm sure some of our fashionistas will be scouting for dresses or outfits, that incorporate some plaid.....no doubt there will be kilts......I just thought maybe some of the decorations could have a certain very special plaid incorporated in them....Gerry's family's plaid(sorry, can't remember what it is called right now).....I know I came across the "Butler" plaid when I was looking into his family's coat of arms.....I do know that his plaid is Azur blue and yellow....just an idea....at least it could be included in the color scheme....

*Post removed because I'm an idiot!*

Suzie

Edited to add: Suzie, you are NOT an idiot! :spank:

:hearts: Katie

Edited by Songbird

hrrmm well how about some Scottish Highland dancing (not country dancing), Irn Bru tasting, Watch a Scottish comedy which i could send you.There are 2 very popular shows which are only 30 mins an episode so that would be cool maybe? hrrm what else. Yeah see who can do the best Scots accent to win a prize lol. I will think of more ...

Anybody come up with anything yet???

I have an idea for a workshop. As a newbie in the world of smartphones, I just acquired a Blackberry, I'm having trouble using the tapatalk application. Could someone who is "Smartphone savvy" possible conduct a workshop to help us smartphone challenged Gals? :D

As a matter of fact, Elissa, Holly and Binkie will be hosting a Twitter workshop, and I've asked them to include pointers on how to use cell phones to tweet. I'll bet they can anser un-Twitter related questions about your Blackberry, too. Holly? Binks? What say you two?

I have an idea for a workshop. As a newbie in the world of smartphones, I just acquired a Blackberry, I'm having trouble using the tapatalk application. Could someone who is "Smartphone savvy" possible conduct a workshop to help us smartphone challenged Gals? :D

Unfortunately, the tapatalk application for blackberry is in "beta" - that is to say a "trial version." When I tried to use the program yesterday, I was notified that the it had been "decommissioned" and was told to upgrade, but there's no upgrade yet available. :confused:

As for using "smart phones," I'll be showing how to use Twitter on a blackberry, but that's it. There is too much ground to cover out there for all the various phones/apps in order to be able to be of any benefit in a "1 hour workshop" setting. We'd easily burn an hour on EACH brand (iPhone, BB, Droid, etc)

(Elissa, will be glad to share what I know with you. Maybe we can "discuss" in the hospitality suite or something. :kisswink:)

Thanks, Holly! Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat with the beta software. :tissues: