Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
BaileyS

Its on with alexa chung

In my case, I had to set aside my own perception of the world to some extent, because I've lived a very different life from Gerry. Swannie

I so agree with you in that our circumstances are very much different to Gerry's so we will never really know or fully understand. We just need to maintain a sense of humour and remember that most of the time he has to put on a show towards one direction or the other.

Theresa

OK. I wasn't going to comment anymore of this subject but I can see it just won't die for some reason.

WE ARE MAKING TOO MUCH OUT OF THIS!

Yes, I'm shouting! I've read a lot of posts now about this from everyone and some don't think it's a big deal and then there are the ones who keep PUTTING GERRY UP ON THAT PEDESTAL!

Here's my take on this and for what it's worth. You may stop reading here if you like, I could care less.

So what if he has had some wild and uninhibited sexual encounters? He's a single man. Why is it that he is put on some other level then over half of the other celebrities out there? Do we set him to a higher standard? Yes, we probably do but that's because we want to believe that anyone WE admire and WE love wouldn't do any thing we don't approve of. Some of us may see sex as a personal, all encompasing expression of love, but it's not. It's sex. It's something a loving couple shares with one another but the love and bond between two people goes far beyond just the sexual experience.

We may never know the truth about what Gerry does or hasn't done and he probably figures it doesn't matter because no matter what you do or say, the media is going to make stuff up anyway so why not have some fun with it?

The thing about Gerry having girls lined up for him to pick and choose was "reported" by an ex papo worm whose name rhymes with "phooey". I wouldn't believe anything he had to say anyway.

My Granny was a woman of few words but when she did say something it was profound. One thing she would say is, "believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" and the other one was, "the more you stir "shite" the worse it stinks".

Are we keeping it stirred? YES! Do we want it to stop stinking?

Did any of you watch Sex and the City? Samantha (my fav character and I love Kim, she's my favorite cougar) did a "threesome" for Richard's birthday present one time. Well, we all know how "hot to trot" Sam was and we accepted that "character". We loved her! Why is this different for Gerry in real life even if he was doing it? I'm not a "threesome" kind of gal my self, but I don't judge anyone else for having them. If that's their thing, go for it!

We've known Gerry "quit" a couple of really bad habits, smoking and drinking too much, almost cold turkey. The thing I admire about this man is that he knows when enough is enough and he has the will and strength to just stop. If he sleeps around, has threesomes, picks up women, etc., could be that one day he'll just stop it and say, "you know, I'm sick of it, it's all empty and unfulfilling". He could and I sort of see that and I'll admit that's my little "ideal" I place on him but I could be wrong too.

No matter what character(s) we relate to Gerry from his movies, I do believe he is a little bit of each character he plays, he is the Phantom and he's also Mike Chadway. He's multi layed and he's also Clyde who takes a steak bone and rams it in to the juglar vein of a worthless criminal. Haven't we all wanted to do that though?

So, having said all that, RELAX! Don't take it so seriously! If you expect Gerry to be something that you have built up in your mind and he disappoints you, then isn't that YOUR problem, not his? I don't think some are as worried about it hurting his image as disappointing their own personal ideal of him.

We're giving this thing "legs" and it doesn't deserve them.

Love and hugs to you all and to Gerry!

Delene

P.S. Chung rhymes with dung and that's all I'm going to say. I could write a poem but I won't waste my time or upset the mods any more than I already have. :wave:

Your all very welcome !! I see how many members rely on utube for these clips as many of the online versions are only able to be viewed in the US. There is a software that ive been using to grab these as im in Canada but im having fun sharing them with you all and my utube account has been on fire since i put up some SNL clips on Sunday :) so cool !

Stuart

Stuart you are treasure! Thanks!

Theresa

I think what's disturbing the fans is not that Gerry might or might not be confessing to 3soms...but that his quip is being picked up and published on the web by every gossip hound, entertainment blogger and by sites who actually seem to dislike him. He makes a naughty statement on MTV, and the next thing ya know, it's exaggerated and misquoted on multiple websites and in magazines...which then can give other people who may not know much about him, the wrong impression. Some of the fans are worried that this could damage his career, and...if you read some of the articles coming out about him following this interview, this is what many of them allude to: that Gerry is becoming more well known for his sexual escapades and partying than for his abilities as an actor.

The point is, anything and everything is being said about him out there. According to gossip and tabloids, either he's a closet gay or the biggest womanizer in Hollywood. There are people who make their living slinging crap around about famous people, and let's face it...Gerry is famous now. He's no longer the obscure HOT Scottish actor no one ever heard of. He's Gerard effing Butler! People are talking about him.

When he's had enough, he goes back under the radar for a while and we don't see or hear from him until the next time he resurfaces.

As fans, we just gotta learn to go with the flow or fandom ceases to be fun.

Swannie

Dont understand the big deal to be honest.

I'm a little confused by the fuss as well. It's happened before also when a guy from Philly was recapping covering Gerry. He mentioned that at a club girls were lining up for Gerry and he took his pick then went home with 2 of them. Ok, personally I regard threesomes as tacky and can't see myself ever doing it, but from a male point of view - it's more than acceptable, it's the ultimate. Sure it means they're having impersonal sex but the majority of men don't have a problem with that either. Gerry has been in relationships, but read the majority of articles and he freely admits he has a problem with commitment. I've always translated that as "has a problem with keeping his pants zipped". Most men are like that until they meet a woman that makes them feel differently. And if they're not, they probably wish they could be. I'm sure he views it as he's single and if the women have no objection why should he. They are all consenting adults and it's no-one else's business anyway. Imagine being a hot movie star and having women throwing themselves at you, would you really be turning everyone down to go home alone? I'm sure there are times when he'd pick up a woman rather than face an empty house.

I think you really hit the nail on the head there. Let's not forget the "ugly truth" ladies, men approach sex in a very different way than women (well most women anyway). If a man is single and honest about it with the women he meets and they go along, I don't see anything worng with it. It's up to a lady to decide whether she wants that one night experience or not. Of course things should change if one is in a relationship.

Theresa

I think what's disturbing the fans is not that Gerry might or might not be confessing to 3soms...but that his quip is being picked up and published on the web by every gossip hound, entertainment blogger and by sites who actually seem to dislike him. He makes a naughty statement on MTV, and the next thing ya know, it's exaggerated and misquoted on multiple websites and in magazines...which then can give other people who may not know much about him, the wrong impression. Some of the fans are worried that this could damage his career, and...if you read some of the articles coming out about him following this interview, this is what many of them allude to: that Gerry is becoming more well known for his sexual escapades and partying than for his abilities as an actor.

The point is, anything and everything is being said about him out there. According to gossip and tabloids, either he's a closet gay or the biggest womanizer in Hollywood. There are people who make their living slinging crap around about famous people, and let's face it...Gerry is famous now. He's no longer the obscure HOT Scottish actor no one ever heard of. He's Gerard effing Butler! People are talking about him.

When he's had enough, he goes back under the radar for a while and we don't see or hear from him until the next time he resurfaces.

Swannie

Swannie, from all your remarks on this subject (and I assume others, as well, but I haven't been around for those yet), it is in my opinion that you are definitely one of the wisest and most diplomatic of all us gals when it comes to Gerry, the entertainment business, Gerry's fans and the sometimes complicated relationships that evolve between us due to the different levels of interest/crushes/emotions etc. It's through your skillful writing abilities that enable us to benefit from these talents of yours, so I'm grateful for them as well.

Each time you post, you seem to bring things back to calm waters and into a clear and true perspective. Thank you for that. I for one truly appreciate it!

Hugs,

Mo

I just saw the videos and I just laughed at the 3some thing. If you look back to older interviews Gerry has already said loads of things in that way. So for me it doesn't shock, I take it with a big grain of salt.

And if it is real then I don't bother, he is a hot single actor so go for it because it only lasts until the 15 minutes of fame are finished.

On a different note, didn't you find it quite sad that practically no one in the audience knew who Shirley Bassey was?

Also, since our man himself chose not to tell us what kind of music Speed played and I was left wondering, does anyone know?

Theresa

Thanks for the kind words, Mo! Believe me, I haven't always been this laid back about my Gerry fandom. I used to take everything about Gerry dreadfully serious, and it started messing with my heart and head. It got to the point where I knew that I was either gonna have to give up on the man fitting into my image of him and walk away from fandom for good, or grow-up and accept him for who he is. Which also means accepting the fact, THAT NONE OF US KNOW WHO HE REALLY IS!

One thing I hold onto though, and one thing I will always believe about him: regardless of the BS written about his personal life, regardless of the BS that sometimes comes out of his own mouth...Gerry is a good person with a good heart. Of that, I have no doubts.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Quote Swansong "I think what's disturbing the fans is not that Gerry might or might not be confessing to 3soms...but that his quip is being picked up and published on the web by every gossip hound, entertainment blogger and by sites who actually seem to dislike him.

Gerry is a good person with a good heart. Of that, I have no doubts."

Well said Swansong!

This is what bothers me, not that he may or may not have had a threesome. That is his business, and I could care less. I just don't want to see him known for this, and not his wonderful acting ability.

Edited by littleirish

Swannie

Thank you Swannie for revealing my thoughts as well. You are absolutely correct. I've been around here for years and have watched Gerry work his way up the ladder and I would hate to see all of the respect he has acquired be overshadowed by one program. Unfortunately, the media vultures grab on to something like this and run with it. People who don't know Gerry like we do would think he is just a sexual perv (a word that has been seen on the Internet about him). This is all so sad because it has nothing to do with what he said but how those words will effect his career. If you want Gerry to be a male version of Britney Spears then you don't care about what he said, but I want his talents to be respected.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Edited by Forbes girl

Ya know, the only thing that bothered me about that comment was this:

His mother probably heard that.

I know what I'd have to say to one of my boys in that situation. I can only imagine Madame Margaret either in her phone call or when he gets home.

"Yer mouth is runnin' aweh wi' yer brain again, boy!"

This story is not breaking any sweat at all on the major gossip sites, it’s being used as a filer item here and there but I doubt from what I’ve seen that this will impede Gerry at all, even Perez Hilton seemed to have a grasp on the fact that Gerry made a joke. I think this message board is more up arms about this then anyone else is. It’s not like Gerry is Roman Polanski, or a married celebrity caught shacking up with hookers. There’s no sex tape. He’s not some crazy, drug addicted starlet going around without underwear. His personal life isn’t even as messy as Jude Law’s and no one is having a problem taking Law seriously as he performs Hamlet on Broadway! Delene is right, we’re making too much of this!

I know what I'd have to say to one of my boys in that situation. I can only imagine Madame Margaret either in her phone call or when he gets home.

EXACTLY!!!! I don't want to know anything about my sons sex lives.

Now where the hell did I put my dead horse?????

Oh! Here it is! Posted Image

eta~ had to go find a new dead horse

Edited by Knight Phantom

This story is not breaking any sweat at all on the major gossip sites, it’s being used as a filer item here and there but I doubt from what I’ve seen that this will impede Gerry at all, even Perez Hilton seemed to have a grasp on the fact that Gerry made a joke. I think this message board is more up arms about this then anyone else is. It’s not like Gerry is Roman Polanski, or a married celebrity caught shacking up with hookers. There’s no sex tape. He’s not some crazy, drug addicted starlet going around without underwear. His personal life isn’t even as messy as Jude Law’s and no one is having a problem taking Law seriously as he performs Hamlet on Broadway! Delene is right, we’re making too much of this!

THANK YOU, Rubee! We're the only one's giving it more power. Let's let Margaret handle him when he gets home! :spank:

Delene

Guest Kyriem

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

Funny you should mention this! My son feels it incumbent upon him to share much of his with me, whether I want to listen or not. I'm use to the "shock factor". Just the kind of relationship we have I guess. But if I feel it's crossing some line in to TMI, I can always :lalala: or :bonk: him if I want to.

Delene

THANK YOU, Rubee! We're the only one's giving it more power. Let's let Margaret handle him when he gets home! :spank:

Delene

If she needs any assistance in meting out any corporal punishment, you know, just call. Bwah.

Funny you should mention this! My son feels it incumbent upon him to share much of his with me, whether I want to listen or not. I'm use to the "shock factor". Just the kind of relationship we have I guess. But if I feel it's crossing some line in to TMI, I can always :lalala: or :bonk: him if I want to.

Delene

That is so wonderful Delene, I realize there is a TMI but we could never do that with our parents - but I mean my siblings and I are only finally telling our parents now [we in our forties] what we got up to as teenagers - on the overall scale we were good kids, but we all did very stupid things and first of all our parents knew more than we realized, but never said anything, oops, like stealing booze from home, and what they didn't know they said they were glad not to know at that time.

Swannie :yourock:

You definitely said it Gal. I've been around his fandom long enough and heard enough stuff to know Gerry is no saint and nothing he does surprises me :funnyup: but he does suffer from a serious case of foot and mouth and while I agree MTV were initially at fault for allowing that line of questioning - at that time especially - I personally wish he had given a more ambiguous answer like "maybe the butler did or maybe the butler didn't" that way it would have been taken as a joke by more people regardless of whether he was joking or not :funnyup: . It has just surprised me the amount of negative comments elsewhere who feel he has let himself down - joking or not certain things should be left unsaid seems to be the consensus :pointy: .

Moira

Lisa, the issues you've been struggling with in regards to Gerry, remind very much of my fandom a few years ago. I could not figure out, okay, who is the REAL Gerry? The Gerry we see with Bonnie Hunt; irresistible, sweet, humble, funny and ohhhhhh so charming? Or the "other" Gerry; seemingly arrogant, sharp, dirty, and flippant. I finally came to the conclusion that he is all of those things and can come across in so many different ways, depending on his mood, who he's with, and what he wants to communicate at that moment.

In my case, I had to set aside my own perception of the world to some extent, because I've lived a very different life from Gerry. Therefore, at one time, I had a tendency to judge him, or at least criticize him for behavior I couldn't understand and did not approve of. To make things even more complicated, the press ALWAYS feeds into and exaggerates every off the cuff remark he makes, and as fans, what are we supposed to believe?

In the end, I decided that my admiration of him could not be based in how he is portrayed by the media, whether that be an image he cultivates for publicity or not...those reports, rumors and gossip are only half-truths. The real Gerry is in the middle somewhere, and he is the Gerry I love and support. The bad boy with a good heart.

The rest is all show-biz!

Swannie

Edited by Annette

Delene

if she needs help holding his kilt up or the spanking of his perfect bum then I am MORE than available! :pant::yummy::drool1: NAUGHTY BO THAT HE IS...mmmm well I hope so anyhow :p

Delene

if she needs help holding his kilt up or the spanking of his perfect bum then I am MORE than available! :pant::yummy::drool1: NAUGHTY BO THAT HE IS...mmmm well I hope so anyhow :p

I think after watching him on "The Bonnie Hunt Show" his idea of a threesome is him, a deep fried Mars bar and a bottle of chocolate sauce!!!!!!!!! yummy!!

lol pisces1962

Guest sugarbee

Delene

I think after watching him on "The Bonnie Hunt Show" his idea of a threesome is him, a deep fried Mars bar and a bottle of chocolate sauce!!!!!!!!! yummy!!

lol pisces1962

" it's so amazing!"