Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

10/21 - Gerry to Star in Coriolanus w/ Ralph Fiennes

Oh holy carp!!!! Shakespeare!!!!! I'm dyin' here! Thank you thank you Swannie!

As this has a video attached it should be in gerry pics/vids so I'm going to move it

Moira

Great interview! Love the banter about the sweater.

AWESOME NEWS about Coriolanus!

Finally an answer to future projects he's working on.

Thank you, Swannie!

Shakespeare - Oh damn. :thud: This is awesome news. I don't know the story so I now have some research to do!

I love the whole thing about chest hair and the sweater. I love what he has on but know I have to see what he originally had on! I think they said it was a v-neck sweater. I bet it was tight, too. :cunning:

THAT Overture has an issue with? :lmao:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Lisa, if he plays the lead, then he dies....yet again.

But don't despair! It's just a role!

It is going to be great for Gerry: a real classical piece. And he can use his own accent!!!

Oh my gosh, I'm very excited about this new film! I really hope it goes through for Gerry! I can't help but believe it would truly be within his heart's desire to play Shakespeare on screen! What wonderful opportunity for him!

Lisa, if he plays the lead, then he dies....yet again.

But don't despair! It's just a role!

You did that on purpose. :crybaby:

:lol: I never despair when he dies in a movie. It doesn't bother me one bit. I know it's just a movie. If it's part of the story, then it needs to happen. :)

This really is fantastic news. Ralph Fiennes is such a great actor. I bet he and Gerry have a fabulous chemistry on film.

Edited by phoenixgirl

So Gerry's next movie project is Shakesperean? Wonder if Evil Twins is is involved? I'm so excited! Wonder if Burns has been dropped?

Wonder what the "housewives" remark was? Cheeky devil!

So many questions, so little time!

Delene

Read play if you get a chance!

Honestly though, Gals, after all the hubbub on the Alexa Chung string.......didn't any of you get a bit p-o'd about the way those two GUY interviewers started out their interview? Aren't you just a bit tired of Gerry always getting teased about his chest, abs, chest hair, changing shirts, etc. etc.....Personally, I wanted to gag myself with a Ginsu knife and I didn't think Gerry looked too comfortable either. I could see him saying to himself, "oh brother, here we go again....I have to play along good naturedly and all I want to do is talk about my movie, G** D*** it!"

Just wonderin'....... (Hope I didn't say anything disrespectful, but let me know if I did.

My sister is gonna freak out! LOL. She is a big time Ralph Fiennes fan. She did love 300. She teases me about being crazy for Gerry and I get her back about Ralph. :funnyface:

I love that Gerry is going to be in this. :yay:

Diane

Smart move, working with esteemed actors in a classic play, Fiennes would play the lead I suspect and he’s directing too. This is going to be an ensemble piece for sure. And a small film.

Gerry would not have gotten this role if he did not have the respect of his peers in the industry. Those are the folks that matter!

I’m glad Gerry is trying to stretch himself in this way.

Edited by Rubee815

Who will Gerry be playing? I'm not familiar with this play at all. I will read it however.

I know there is a movie about Keats and his life and I wondered if they just decided to wait awhile on Burns.

Delene

Thanks for the link and the info.

Hmm, a period piece, eh? Hmm, wonder if there might be a role in it Matthew Macfadyen would be interested in playing?

(A girl can dream, can't she?)

According to the article I read, Ralph w/b playing the title role.

Never mind - I Googled it. Variety

Ralph is directing. :)

Filming begins in Serbia in early 2010!!!

Edited by phoenixgirl

Who will Gerry be playing? I'm not familiar with this play at all. I will read it however.

I know there is a movie about Keats and his life and I wondered if they just decided to wait awhile on Burns.

Delene

I'm going to the library tomorrow anyway so I'll get a copy of the play.

A drama ... I'm so happy. He's gonna be great.

Thanks for the link and the info.

Hmm, a period piece, eh? Hmm, wonder if there might be a role in it Matthew Macfadyen would be interested in playing?

(A girl can dream, can't she?)

Oh yes! Let's have a little Mr. Darcy thrown in for good measure! My heart couldn't take it! Although Gerry is still my number one!

Delene