Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

Coriolanus

dFilms Canada

now includes link to trailer "Revenge" (Int'l trailer)

some photos and details (Aug. 15, 2011)

Coriolanus Official Site - The Weinstein Company

(lauched Aug. 22, 2011)

Icon Entertainment International Official Site

Posted Image

Coriolanus

Director: Ralph Fiennes

Producers: Colin Vaines, Julia Taylor-Stanley, Gabrielle Tana, Ralph Fiennes, John Logan

Screenplay: John Logan from the play by William Shakespeare

Director Of Photography: Barry Ackroyd

Production Designer: Mark Geraghty

Cast: Ralph Fiennes, Gerard Butler, Vanessa Redgrave, William Hurt, Eddie Marsan, Jessica Chastain

Genre: Political Thriller

updated Dec. 2010 -Complete

A contemporary version of Shakespeare's dangerous political thriller.

The citizens of Rome are hungry. Coriolanus, the hero of Rome, a great soldier and a man of inflexible self-belief despises the people. His extreme views ignite a mass riot. Rome is bloody.

Manipulated and out-manoeuvred by politicians and even his own mother Volumnia, Coriolanus is banished from Rome. He offers his life or his services to his sworn enemy Tullus Aufidius. Coriolanus and Aufidius march on Rome intending to destroy the city. Volumnia appeals to her son. He tries to reject her but eventually breaks. Aufidius, feeling bitterly betrayed, brutally murders Coriolanus.

Music Score: Ilan Eshkeri scores Ralph Fiennes' Coriolanus

According to the composer's Facebook page, the score is in a minimalist contemporary style.

Ilan Eshkeri worked closely with Fiennes to create a unique score for this exceptional portrayal of Shakespeare's political tragedy. The minimalist and contemporary style of the score both contrasts with the rich Shakespearian language, while simultaneously complimenting the stark modern day setting of the film, and the heavy themes of pride, manipulation and betrayal. Source

Another article on the newest project, from Elisabeth Rappe at Cinnematical

other posts on this project:

11/16 - Fiennes talks to Tribute.ca about Coriolanus

10/22 - Gerard Butler tells Quint who he's playing...in Coriolanus from Ain't It Cool News

and

Gerry to Star in Coriolanus w/ Ralph Fiennes (includes link to wjz-tv Baltimore interview)

Links to articles:

Contact Music

Variety

Films in Serbia

Index/Listing of related articles on Forum is here

www.blic.rs

The film will be directed by Ralph Fiennes who has the main role. Apart from Fiennes and Butler in "Coriolanus" which is a modern version of the well-know play by Shakespeare, William Hurt and Vanessa Redgrave will also be part of the cast. This will be Fiennes's direction debut and the famous actor said that he chose Butler for this role because he has already had a role in the same theatre play. Last year Fiennes visited Serbia twice in order to see the potential shooting locations. Buildings which have left the strongest impressions on Fiennes are The Palace of Serbia and IMT factory. He has also visited Deliblatska pescara, Petrovardin and the PINK film studio in Simanovci. During his second visit in November last year, Fiennes met Serbian Interior Minister Ivica Dacic, who promised the famous actor to have the police forces, gendarmerie and cavalry at his disposal for the shooting.

"Coriolanus" is a tragedy by William Shakespeare, based on the life of the legendary Roman leader, Gaius Martius Coriolanus. This Roman general got the name Coriolanus after conquering the Volscian city of Corioles in 493 BC. Condemned as a traitor, he was banished.

Mod note: The picture associated with this article... Posted Image

I just saw that Blic article this morning. I'm so so glad this is getting so much attention.

Thanks for putting them all in one place. :metoyou:

Lisa

The picture...yeah...mm-hmmmmm... :thud::hubba:

i can't tell you how excited this is going to be. the next line up of films; Coriolanus, Preacher and Burns....drama, drama, drama (smooches)......i venture to say...one of these films WILL BE an oscar nom. for gerry. can't wait to see the end result.....'with bated breathe'..oh, no she didn't? oh, yes she did...more shakespear!

Posted ImageAs I look again and again at the pictures that are coming out of this film, I keep checking out the tattoos. Does anyone know what they are or what they say?

Veronica

Posted ImageAs I look again and again at the pictures that are coming out of this film, I keep checking out the tattoos. Does anyone know what they are or what they say?

Veronica

There is some discussion of the tattoos in the thread here :D

There is some discussion of the tattoos in the thread here Posted Image

I went there and most of the discussion was about how HOT he looked in the tattoos. No one seemed to want to discuss the symbolizism behind the tats. Is there a thread for that? V

I went there and most of the discussion was about how HOT he looked in the tattoos. No one seemed to want to discuss the symbolizism behind the tats. Is there a thread for that? V

V you can jump in on the thread that Barb mentioned and bring up the symbolism; I'm sure somebody will engage you.

Update found on Czech movie site:

Cast:

Ralph FiennesCaius Martius - Coriolanus

Gerard Butler - Tullus Aufidius

Brian Cox - Menenius

Vanessa Redgrave - Volumnia

James Nesbitt - Tribune Sicinius

Jessica Chastain - Virgilia

Ashraf Barhom - Second Citizen - Cassius

Nikki Amuka-Bird ~ TV Pundit

Dragan Micanovic - Titus Lartius

Lubna Azabal - First Citizen - Tamora

Slavko Stimac - Volsce Lieutenant

Kieron Jecchinis - TV War Correspondent

John Kani - General Cominius

Svetislav Goncic - 4th Senator

Mona Hammond - Jamaican Woman

Dusan Janicijevic - Old Man in Corioles

Paul Jesson - Tribune Brutus

Radoslav Milenkovic - Volsce Politician

Music

Ilan Eshkeri

Artemis Films

Posted Image

WORLD PREMIERE

BERLIN FILM FESTIVAL

FEBUARY 2011

Wow, thank you becozy!! :) Loving the brochure.

When will this movie be in the UK :( I love Shakespeare.... (Hense my tattoo) Gerard Butler and Ralph Fiennes in it is just a bonus!! :) I wanna see ittttttttttt! :faint:

Nov. 11 for US confirmed

and Lionsgate will distribute to UK, also for 2011 according to Variety, but no specific date yet.

As soon as we know something we'll post! :D

Nov. 11 for US confirmed

and Lionsgate will distribute to UK, also for 2011 according to Variety, but no specific date yet.

As soon as we know something we'll post! :D

:yourock:

Will be in Glasgow for my birthday this year (Nov 13th) too see the family, So hopefully I wont be away when Coriolanus comes to the UK!! xxFluffyCloudxx

Updated the first post with link to dFilms, Canada

They already had photos and the teaser poster, and a few photos, plus

synopsis and Festival listings - they have now

added a link to the trailer to the site. :D

At TIFF:

Festival Screenings: Press & Industry

Thurs 08th Sept, 3pm (Scotiabank Theatre 1)

Press Conference

Mon 12th Sept, 10.30am (Malaparte)

North American Premiere

Mon 12th Sept, 6pm (Visa Screening Room - Elgin)

Public Screening 2

Sat 17th Sept, 09.30am (Scotiabank Theatre 3)