Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Kelz the Red

Midgies

Well, these Midgies are actually my cousin John's band. They are a glenhoulachan ceilidh band, and they put out a CD a couple of years ago. I was one of the lucky few who got one, and the only one in the States. Go me! Well, John asked me to rip the CD and share it out, and maybe if they get enough of a response, they'll consider doing a tour of the States. Anyway, you can download the zip file with all the MP3s here, and the tracks are:

1. The Roses of Prince Charlie

2. The Road to Dundee

3. The Lights of Lochindall

4. Heart and Soul

5. Willie's Gone to Melville Castle

6. Chinese Memories

7. Come by the Hills

8. A'e Fond Kiss

9. Island Breeze

10. Silver Sands of Morar

11. Dark Lochnagar

12. Doon in the Wee Room

13. The Ladies From Hell

14. The Rose of Allandale

15. Highland Schornsche

16. Saw the Skull

17. Celtic Soul

18. Whiskey in the Jar

19. Dumbarton's Drums

And for those curious, the Midgies are John MacGregor (mandolin), Gordon Ross (vocals and guitar), and Billy MacPhee was on this CD playing the accordian. He's no longer with the band though. The last song is special to John (Dumbarton's Drums) because our family is from there, and he still resides there (when not sleeping in airports!).

OK, hope everyone enjoys the MP3s. You'll need Winzip to open the file.

Well, these Midgies are actually my cousin John's band. They are a glenhoulachan ceilidh band, and they put out a CD a couple of years ago. I was one of the lucky few who got one, and the only one in the States. Go me! Well, John asked me to rip the CD and share it out, and maybe if they get enough of a response, they'll consider doing a tour of the States. Anyway, you can download the zip file with all the MP3s here, and the tracks are:

1. The Roses of Prince Charlie

2. The Road to Dundee

3. The Lights of Lochindall

4. Heart and Soul

5. Willie's Gone to Melville Castle

6. Chinese Memories

7. Come by the Hills

8. A'e Fond Kiss

9. Island Breeze

10. Silver Sands of Morar

11. Dark Lochnagar

12. Doon in the Wee Room

13. The Ladies From Hell

14. The Rose of Allandale

15. Highland Schornsche

16. Saw the Skull

17. Celtic Soul

18. Whiskey in the Jar

19. Dumbarton's Drums

And for those curious, the Midgies are John MacGregor (mandolin), Gordon Ross (vocals and guitar), and Billy MacPhee was on this CD playing the accordian. He's no longer with the band though. The last song is special to John (Dumbarton's Drums) because our family is from there, and he still resides there (when not sleeping in airports!).

OK, hope everyone enjoys the MP3s. You'll need Winzip to open the file.

I haven't even listened to them and I want to buy this CD. I love all things Scottish, save haggis.

Well my other Scottish hero is MIDGE URE, so i would never harm a midge or any midgies :bleh:

cheers all from lisa w