Gerard Butler GALS

96.5 the buzz

Dallas

BRAVO Dr. Em!! We don't need this trash on here. I'm not a prude but I think Gerry was blindsided by these people. His people are to blame for not checking these people out first before subjecting Gerry to their disgusting questions.

~HUGS~ Kathy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say they really did go too far. I think he may have found some of it amusing early on, but it definitely veered quickly to the inappropriate. The reason he is doing these interviews is to promote LAC and they clearly weren't interested in that.

Censor away. I just get a little irritated when I have other adults dictating to me 1)what they think I can and should listen to 2) projecting their feelings onto me/or another person (Gerry in this case)

I'm sure I'll be met with a roar of we're protecting Gerry's, and you can leave if you don't like it's, but I feel how I feel.

They're morning shock jocks, and when she started off talking about her hard nipples, and his hairy peener it's obvious which way the interview is going to go. Gerry was laughing, and good natured about it. Then when she started asking him where he met women, etc...he got a lot nervous, and seemed to put an end to it.

I'm surprised his people didn't know what kind of show it was. There are a lot of shock jocks out there that do the early am stuff. You have Howard Stern to thank for the raging popularity of morning shock jocks.

If you're easily offeneded it's the wrong thing to listen too, but if you can take things with a grain of salt and keep it movin....it's funny.

D

Censor away. I just get a little irritated when I have other adults dictating to me 1)what they think I can and should listen to 2) projecting their feelings onto me/or another person (Gerry in this case)

I'm sure I'll be met with a roar of we're protecting Gerry's, and you can leave if you don't like it's, but I feel how I feel.

They're morning shock jocks, and when she started off talking about her hard nipples, and his hairy peener it's obvious which way the interview is going to go. Gerry was laughing, and good natured about it. Then when she started asking him where he met women, etc...he got a lot nervous, and seemed to put an end to it.

I'm surprised his people didn't know what kind of show it was. There are a lot of shock jocks out there that do the early am stuff. You have Howard Stern to thank for the raging popularity of morning shock jocks.

If you're easily offeneded it's the wrong thing to listen too, but if you can take things with a grain of salt and keep it movin....it's funny.

D

Again, I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Disallowing this audio in our MM is hardly "dictating to me 1)what they think I can and should listen to." Rather it is me, as site owner of GALS, making an executive decision, which I stand by. Mentioning to those who have not heard it not to waste their time, was merely a suggestion AND my opinion.

Obviously, GALS not having this audio in our MM didn't stop you (or anyone else) from listening to the audio, so I ask, what's the big deal?

When I made the decision not to host this crap on our site, my decision was NOT based on protecting G. He made the decision to go on that site and he will live with the consequences. I made my decision because I didn't want to give these idiots any more play time then they have already gotten and also because I don't think I (or this site) should support people who have been so horribly disrespectful to G. If that's deemed as protecting G, then so be it.

I do agree with you that some research should have been done regarding this blog or whatever prior to granting them the "interview." However, we don't know all of the circumstances, so I shall reserve judgment.

~ D

Thank you Dayna, for respecting Gerry and respecting us. I trust your judgment and that of Songbird so I didn't even try to listen to this "interview". I agree with your decision to keep it off GALS and that those who want to hear it are welcome to find it privately.

I agree with Dr.Em....this needs to be kept out of the multimedia section....it has no place....really.

I was offended by this interview....the people that conducted it could not have been more inappropriate.

Perhaps, that is the "type" of morning show that, that station broadcasts but, I am not accustomed to listening to such white trash content particularly on the radio. There is already one Howard Stern....and even he is too much. I was disgusted with this interview, I do not listen to such filth and I do not intend to do so again.

As far as Howard Stern is concerned, I'd rather listen to him on the radio any day then Rush Linbaugh. I know that shock radio is not everyone's cup of tea and I don't think it makes one "white trash" to listen to it on occasion. Does it make Gerry WT to be interviewed by it? I think I heard Gerry refer to his phalus a couple of times himself. No one coerced him to it. The man wears a cap that says "c**k" on it, for fook sake! Are we talking about the same Gerry Butler? This is the Gerard Butler site isn't it? I thought maybe I somehow went through some black hole and ended up in the Donny Osmond fansite!

I'm sure Gerry's people screen and know what kind of show it was before they allowed him to do it. There are a hundred different radio shows in KC and any other one of them could have had a milder, blander interview so why was this one chosen? Maybe it would be better moved to the over 18 area. I realize we have some young fans too that need to be considered and I do appreciate that.

I have listened to this station before, but I listen to many different stations. They have good rock variety and great sponsers and advertise worth while causes. I've not heard these two particular djs but I enjoy all genres of music and talk from classical to jazz to rock and beyond. I guess I'm just an open minded person. Raunch never hurt anyone and I understand the decision to not submit it to the multimedia and the uproar around it, truly I do.

Yeah, well maybe I am white trash. I prefer being called trailer trash actually because I'm not really all white. I don't live in a trailer although it would be convenient to be able to move it at will.

I thought Gerry sounded like he was having fun. They promoted LAC along with PSILY and seemed to be big fans of Gerry. She even complimented Gerry on making people feel good about themselves or did I hear that wrong? Sure, they got a little wild and out there, but I'm sure it's nothing Gerry hasn't heard or experienced. In fact, he was probably thinking, "ah, my kind of people."

Guess I'll take my white/trailer trash arse out of here now and call it a night!

Delene

It's a dead head horse at this point

Gosh, D, I get your meaning but I wish everyone would get off the "dead horse" kick! It upsets my delicate sensibilities. ;)

This is an radio interview (not video). So I'm not sure if I have posted this in the correct section.

Warning: these interviewers are a little blunt and ask Gerry about Alexa Chung, his private parts, musical tastes and dating.

*took the link out*, Oh shucks! I didn't get to listen to it.

Delene very well put post.

So, if I listened to the interview and enjoyed it, but I'm not white.....does that just make trailer trash, wanna be white trash, or just plain ole trash? It's late I haven't quite figured it out.

One thing I didn't realize that there were underagers here. It makes sense not to post it because those who are under 18. Although the link was posted where they can get access to it anyway.....

Enough of the dead horses...I"m carrying my trashy a** to bed!

D :kisswink:

If anyone has a link that works I would appreciate someone sending to me via pm.

I would ask that this clip does go to multi media. It's nice to have a choice to listen and view what you would like, rather than have it censored! I know I'm in the minority here. I guess I feel that Gerry is a 40 year old grown a** man who can and will quite easily but a stop to anything that he finds absolutely ridiculous.

JMO

D

Oh, can someone send that link to me via pm, too? I'm not a minor, I'm over 40 yrs old. I'm just curious. Thanks! :cunning:

I listened to it and while the dj's are jerks, I think he handled it quite good actually :)

And although it sometimes gets really rude, you do get an inside of how he is.

He answers the questions he wants to answer, he laughs (genuinely I believe) with a lot of them and the things he doesn't want to answer he simply doesn't.

He is honest and you could hear the frustration sometimes but he doesn't hide it, he tells them what he thinks of the questions and I think that is really cool.

I think even more of him now :) (if that is even possible ^^)

I don't think you need to apologize sweetie. It seems most of us agree with you. :)

It's like the entertainment business all of a sudden got stupid; and therefore, think WE'RE stupid. Low brow comedy seems to be the only thing that sells anymore to a certain demographic. The reality show demographic (and not all cause I do watch like two of them) seems to have helped dummy down what people are watching or listening to.

But before they interview someone, these people should check who they're talking to. Gerry isn't some moron with no intelligence. I would be very surprised if he ever talks to them again.

I agree. I think someone should check these people out before Gerry talks to them. I can't stand people trying to make him look stupid. Luckily, he's too smart for that (and he does it just fine on his own :lol: )

Hear hear! I concur.

Edited by Jennifer10

Its out there easy to find if you care to look - some people are just so darn lazy they expect everybody to do the work for them :lmao:

I'm not a prude but I am surprised a radio station gets away with that at that time - shock jock or no shock jock- its on at a time when kids could be listening. I'm beginning to sound like my mother :rotflmao:

I do think Gerry joined in the fun to begin with and as you said even made some risky comment himself - we all know he has foot and mouth :lmao: but this did go too far and I think Gerry is just too gracious to actually tell them where to get off and hang up in disgust.

He handled himself very well considering but I think even he was shocked and me thinks not much shocks our Gerry :flee:

Dr Em has the right to do whatever she wants as it is her site and since it is easy to find you don't need Gals multi media to listen to it.

Moira

I agree with Dr.Em....this needs to be kept out of the multimedia section....it has no place....really.

I was offended by this interview....the people that conducted it could not have been more inappropriate.

Perhaps, that is the "type" of morning show that, that station broadcasts but, I am not accustomed to listening to such white trash content particularly on the radio. There is already one Howard Stern....and even he is too much. I was disgusted with this interview, I do not listen to such filth and I do not intend to do so again.

Why would you call this "white trash"? That is a little harsh I think.

I thought Gerry sounded like he was having fun. They promoted LAC along with PSILY and seemed to be big fans of Gerry. She even complimented Gerry on making people feel good about themselves or did I hear that wrong? Sure, they got a little wild and out there, but I'm sure it's nothing Gerry hasn't heard or experienced. In fact, he was probably thinking, "ah, my kind of people."

Guess I'll take my white/trailer trash arse out of here now and call it a night!

Delene

I completely agreee with you Delene. It seemed to me that they really-really like Gerry and are big fans. They were simply having some "adult" fun.

I think it's obvious by the diverse comments here that we each see this situation through different eyes. I did find the interview offensive and I did feel that about halfway into it, Gerry was becoming uncomfortable. That's how I saw it, but others see it differently.

It would be interesting to get Gerry's take on it.

Swannie

I think it's obvious by the diverse comments here that we each see this situation through different eyes. I did find the interview offensive and I did feel that about halfway into it, Gerry was becoming uncomfortable. That's how I saw it, but others see it differently.

Swannie

Yes it would. I think that would be a good question for someone to ask him one day. Then again, if it were a public interview, Gerry has too much class and is too nice of a guy to put anyone down. But it would be nice to hear how HE feels about these things.

I also don't like the expression "beating a dead horse". You don't like the conversation, stay out of it, but don't tell others how long a conversation should last.

Swannie

Yes it would. I think that would be a good question for someone to ask him one day. Then again, if it were a public interview, Gerry has too much class and is too nice of a guy to put anyone down. But it would be nice to hear how HE feels about these things.

I also don't like the expression "beating a dead horse". You don't like the conversation, stay out of it, but don't tell others how long a conversation should last.

If the same opinions are going to be tossed back and forth numerous times with nothing new added, then the Mods/Admin will close the thread.

Keep it civil ladies or you will need to find another sandbox to play in. Dayna, the OWNER of the site has decided the interview will not be on the site. That's the end of it. Call it censorship if you want, debate whether or not this particular interview is worthy of any attention, honestly, I don't care. But keep it civil or take it off site.

A word of advice, if Gerry ever does Don Imus or Howard Stern don’t post those interviews because I can guarantee it that in the frat house astrosphere of those shows Gerry will no doubt be lured into saying something that some will be offended by. And the questions will be rude and blunt, and raunchier then anything those kids can come up with. And please, let’s avoid offensive stereotypes in describing the behavior of the gay kid at the radio station.

Of course, Jill. I didn't mean the Mods/Admins. In fact, I should have added that they really are the only ones - in my opinion - who CAN say how long a conversation should last.

Other than that, I could care less about the interview other than what I already posted. Dayna has every right to keep off her site what she wants to keep off her site.

We had some site issues at the moment I was trying to edit my post. One more try.

Since moderating other members is discouraged, please especially refrain from PRE-moderating what others might say. That particular topic hadn't been an issue and bringing it up with a warning could be viewed as trying to stir up unnecessary conflict and won't be tolerated. It is possible I missed a reference, however, and apologize if I've overlooked an inappropriate comment.

We will concern ourselves with future interviews as necessary.

This thread is rapidly becoming much ado about nothing since the interview is not on our site. There are most likely plenty of sites where you can find it and discuss it to your heart's content. If the moderating staff feels the need to respond again in this thread because of inappropriate comments, the thread will be closed.

Edited by discoveringme
Wording adjusted