Gerard Butler GALS

Auction in honor of Gerry's Birthday!

GALS Charitable Foundation is sponsoring an auction during our theme of

40 days of Gerry to commemorate his turning the big 4-0!!!

If you are the highest bidder, you will receive this autographed photo of Gerry in character as Beowulf! (What a mighty fine sword!)

Posted Image

Go ahead and start your bids RIGHT NOW within this thread! Bidding ends at the witching hour! Midnight (Mountain Time) on Halloween Night (Oct. 31)!

100% of winning bid (after the electronic transaction fee if paid by Paypal) will be given directly to The Shade Tree Shelter!!

Good luck and happy bidding!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bidding ends at the witching hour! Midnight on Halloween Night (MT)! Thanks Ren! I'll add that detail to the first post!

Okay....I'll bid $65.00... This could get interesting... :kisswink:

:wave: Frannie

The cause itself is worth the auction ...so Bid Galfriends!

For the Love of Gerry and for the women I'll bid $500.00. How many beds will that get? How will I know when I'm overbid?

Ginny,

You'll know when someone puts a higher bid in this very thread!

We have all this week, so plenty of time for peeps to mull this one over.

I'm staying alert for over bids...girls I really want this so we'll going to have a very interesting bidding going on. I've just started.........(Isn't that a line from LAC LOL. It's for the women folks!

Oh man. I definitely don't have the funds to bid, but I'd be more than happy to donate something directly to them.

Oh man. I definitely don't have the funds to bid, but I'd be more than happy to donate something directly to them.

Mrs. One_Two ~

We do have this thread in which we are collecting donations for The Shade Tree. They are appreciative of EVERYTHING!

:hugs:

Dayna

Wow...that's way beyond my reach...Good luck to you all Galfriends... I wish I could get in the game... but due to lack of funds.... :tantrum:

I will definitely make a donation though..

Thanks Katie...As soon as Bobby brings my card home .... :tantrum: I will definitely make a donation for this wonderful cause!

:pointy: Woo-hoo! You go, Ginny!

Those who are in a position to give to charity at this level, on behalf of those in need at The Shade Tree, I commend you! (If you read my post in the "Treats" for TST thread, you'll better understand where I'm coming from on this. I'll copy it and bring it over here, too.)

I can't help but compare this to those who get to travel and meet Gerry at his PA's. If you're able, that is wonderful, the rest of us will live vicariously through you. It doesn't mean that we all don't love Gerry just as much, we just all may not be in a position for many varied reasons to be able to physically be there.

So, this doesn't mean that Ginny or Libby or anyone else who increases the bid loves charity or The Shade Tree more than anyone else. It just means they are able to swing it financially.

:hearts:

I corresponded recently with Marlene, the Executive Director of The Shade Tree, and even with her resilient spirit, she is overwhelmed by circumstances for some of those who have escaped brutality to seek haven at the Shade Tree. Their needs continue to grow!

I wrote her and asked if I could share some of what she shared with me...I haven't heard back from her yet, and I'm worried that she may be out of town...you see, her father-in-law has been very sick.

So I asked myself, "Should I mention the woman who lost the vision in one eye, because she saved the life of her beloved pet dog by laying across it and taking the beating herself from a man wielding a golf club?

"Do I mention the woman who has 40 staples across her abdomen?"

Somehow I felt that it was right that I share these things that Marlene shared with me, with all of you.

I know we try to keep things light and happy here at GBGALS, but this is reality for so many women, children and pets, and many of us here have our own experiences with abuse or know and love someone who has experienced abuse.

Thank GOD that there is a shelter like The Shade Tree where these hurting souls can find safety and unconditional love and assistance to move onto a better way of life. THIS is what it's all about, isn't it?

Sincerely,

Katie Steuart

Secretary/Treasurer

GALS Charitable Foundation

I just wanated to add that I've been blessed so far, I have a wonderful husband and I'm in a position to give . There may be one day I may have to auction off all my Gerry things for food. Right now I feel it is better to give then to receive. I've been blessed that I've never been in a situation where I had to fear for my life or my children or animals. It's easy to say walk away but some of these women are so beaten they don't know what to do. May God give them the strenght to walk away from the situation, but lets help them have a place to go. !

My trip this Oct to Premiere and after party was a once in a life time thing I know I'll never get to have the opportunity again, (and darnit I wish I'd talked to Gerry more) If it wasn''t for the goodness of F. Gary Gray I would not have been able to attend. His heart is as big as his talent. You see I have Parkingson's Disease, not so bad now but in the future who knows. This was something he had control over so he let me slip in ! Please realize what a heart this man has and I hope with all his hard work he gets a nomination for Best director. Prayers for me are not needed, God has given me so much. Pray for the women at the Shade Tree.

Ginnywhit