Gerard Butler GALS

Let’s give The Shade Tree a TREAT!

GALS Charitable Foundation is collecting donations to TREAT The Shade Tree Shelter for Halloween!

The fun starts now and runs through the witching hour of MIDNIGHT, Saturday, October 31st.

100% of all sums collected (after the electronic transaction fee)

to be given directly to The Shade Tree Shelter.

You can make your donations through Paypal at: donations@galscharities.com

(Please reference ONLY 'trick or treat' in the payment memo section.)

After all donations are collected, ONE generous contributor (making a donation of at least $10.00) will be randomly selected to receive a "thank you gift."

Said thank you gift may include a beautiful 8 x 10 glossy print of Gerry!

Posted Image

Helping out The Shade Tree AND getting a quality pic of the G-man, for ten bucks?

Hmmm... The odds are definitely in my favor at this point.

I just made a donation. :pointy:

(And NO, I won't be drawing the winner! :lol:)

I corresponded recently with Marlene, the Executive Director of The Shade Tree, and even with her resilient spirit, she is overwhelmed by circumstances for some of those who have escaped brutality to seek haven at the Shade Tree.

Should I mention the woman who lost the vision in one eye, because she saved the life of her beloved pet dog by laying across it and taking the beating herself from a man wielding a golf club?

Do I mention the woman who has 40 staples across her abdomen?

I know we try to keep things light and happy here at GBGALS, but this is reality for so many women, children and pets.

Thank GOD that there is a shelter like The Shade Tree where these hurting souls can find safety and unconditional love and assistance to move onto a better way of life.

In this season of Halloween merriment and light-heartedness, can you find it in your heart to reach out to those in need at The Shade Tree?

THANK YOU!!

Sincerely,

Katie Steuart

Secretary/Treasurer

GALS Charitable Foundation

Such a worthy cause. Today would have been my mother's 66th birthday, and helping abused women was a special cause to her. I get paid on Friday, and I would love to donate $10 to The Shade Tree ... I just have to remember to do it.

Just made my donation and forgot I had a paypal accnt anyway! They reminded me...but had to remember too much info ...Hell I can't remember yesterday! :p

:wave: Frannie

They will definitely be able to count on a 'treat' from me. :wuv:

The link in Post #1 isn't working for some reason, so here is a link to The Shade Tree's website. http://theshadetree.org/

Edited by mrs_one_two

Thanks One Two, I fixed the link in the first post.

Weird. It worked when I posted it. :confused:

Thanks for the extra effort there, Frannie!

so which link do we click, the direct shade tree link or the Gals link?

In the first post on this thread, just click on the Paypal "Donate" button and that will take you to the donation page.

THANKS everyone! I am so excited to send The Shade Tree these funds!

:hugs:

Dayna

I spend $10 on grande black tea lemonades at Starbucks 3 days a week. Well if you're asking for $10 for the shade tree I rather give the money to them. I need to cut back anyhoo. I sent my payment. I got a confirmation # but can someone let me know if it went through or not. It would be under my hubby's name Brian. I was having issues w/payments via paypal ever since I updated my email. Thanks!

Cassie

I spend $10 on grande black tea lemonades at Starbucks 3 days a week. Well if you're asking for $10 for the shade tree I rather give the money to them. I need to cut back anyhoo. I sent my payment. I got a confirmation # but can someone let me know if it went through or not. It would be under my hubby's name Brian. I was having issues w/payments via paypal ever since I updated my email. Thanks!

Cassie

Cassie ~

Thank you and what a great way of looking at the charity!

The only person who can check the account is Katie and her internet is down right now. Check back tomorrow and I'm sure she'll have internet by then.

Thanks again!

Dayna

It came through Cassie! Thank you!

And a big THANK YOU to all who have donated so far.

We still have a few more days, and I know some of you are waiting on Friday, payday.

As Minnie Pearl used to say "I'm just so proud to be here!"

Katie

COME ON, GALS! We've got just over a day to "pump up the volume." Let's WOW em! :woo:

so which link do we click, the direct shade tree link or the Gals link?

In the first post on this thread, just click on the Paypal "Donate" button and that will take you to the donation page.

THANKS everyone! I am so excited to send The Shade Tree these funds!

Dayna

Got it , thanks :)

Just donated mine

:wuv: To All The GALS,

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and what a poignant way to end the month! Thank you for standing with the women and children that made it out. It has been particularly difficult to see the injuries the women endured recently. I have been working with abused women and children for many years and so don't usually respond with tears but there have been some victims whose injuries and stories have been so profound, it took my breath away. One of the sweetest women with us went to court this week and faced her attacker. When she returned, I gently touched her still healing shoulder and cheered for her victory over her greatest fear.

As the week and month come to a close, I am in awe of the network of support woven around these shattered lives from all of you. Tonight the women and children are safe and tomorrow they will awaken and continue to overcome their fears and injuries. I know that each of you will be supporting every step they make and cheering for all the victims to survive and heal.

Gratefully Yours,

Marlene

Marlene,

Thanks for dropping in and sharing the success stories. So often we have to send support on blind faith it's in good hands. Thank you for letting us know we really are DOING something to make a difference.

Fondly,

KB

I donated again. My sister lost her life when she was 33 years old to an abusive husband. It is so very important that these women and children be supported in their quest to get away and gain strength both mentally and physically. Kudos to all of you for helping them and knowing the importance of your donations. Because of your donations and caring there is some place and people that they can turn to when all else fails. Very glad to be a member of GB Gals and what they represent.

Did you all see Marlene's message, two posts up?

Thank you Marlene for writing and giving us an update on some of what's happening at The Shade Tree!! I so admire the lady for standing up to her attacker! :goodjob:

Okay folks, we're in the final few hours for the TREATS for The Shade Tree charity drive. We have so many generous members! :wuv: Thank you to all who have donated so far!

Katie