Gerard Butler GALS

European Premiere of LAC To Be In Glasgow

framolamdu

I know about two dates in Germany...one in Berlin and the other in Munich the next day. But they said they would be promotion dates for press - not a premiere. I´m curious now what it is. *scratcheshead*

Thank you for your quick respond honey *hugs*

No problem. I hope you get to go and see him in person. :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you dear...yeah, I hope it too. Once you do that you want to visit every single premiere. It was possible for me in London last year at the RNR premiere and it was just a great experience. His parents were so nice too...I would love to make this experience again. And I would love to talk to Margaret again - she´s a really lovely lady. :)

Thank you dear...yeah, I hope it too. Once you do that you want to visit every single premiere. It was possible for me in London last year at the RNR premiere and it was just a great experience. His parents were so nice too...I would love to make this experience again. And I would love to talk to Margaret again - she´s a really lovely lady. :)

That is so great that you were able to talk to his mom. How awesome!!!

Did you get to hug Gerry or talk to him?

No, unfortunately not. But I had a long time to watch and drool...I was at the other side of the red carpet of the press...so I had the chance to watch easily for a long time while he was talking to them. But I got a few warm smiles of him every time he turned around to look at us. And I got an autograph on one wallpaper I´ve printed as a photo. Rupert was not very patient with him and forced him to go into the cinema, so I hadn´t not much time while he was standing in front of me.

No, unfortunately not. But I had a long time to watch and drool...I was at the other side of the red carpet of the press...so I had the chance to watch easily for a long time while he was talking to them. But I got a few warm smiles of him every time he turned around to look at us. And I got an autograph on one wallpaper I´ve printed as a photo. Rupert was not very patient with him and forced him to go into the cinema, so I hadn´t not much time while he was standing in front of me.

They always force him to go in the theatre. :lol:

His PR lady is always there to pull him. That's what she did last week in New York: she pulled him away from the fans, got him in the car and walked away with her companion. :lol:

Al least you were able to observe him. That's all I want and a hug. :wuv:

If Joy didn't do that, Gerry would miss the premiere. As it is, they hold the start of the movie for him. LAC started late because Gerry was the last to enter the theater. So while we as fans wish he could give every single one of us the same attention, he just can't. And Joy gets the brunt of it because it's her job to make sure Gerry gets his arse inside. LOL

If Joy didn't do that, Gerry would miss the premiere. As it is, they hold the start of the movie for him. LAC started late because Gerry was the last to enter the theater. So while we as fans wish he could give every single one of us the same attention, he just can't. And Joy gets the brunt of it because it's her job to make sure Gerry gets his arse inside. LOL

I know; that's her job. She is such a lovely lady, she came to us to talk. It was so cute when she said that "Gerry is in the bathroom". :lol:

GAL in serious need for psychological support: I'm not joking, I am about to burst into tears and the only reason I haven't so far is because my husband would think I am totally crazy and would have me committed.

There was a conference in NY that my boss and I were supposed to attend in Dec 08 but due to the crisis, the conference was moved to this November. My husband was so excited about NY and decided to join us. So I am going to be in NY from Nov 13 to Nov 20. I knew that Gerry would probably not be there because of the birthday, I was a bit disappointed because, although I fully realised that there was no chance I would run into him, still it would be nice to know that we were both walking aroung the same city for once. Still, I pulled myself together, did a reality check and snapped out of it. Anyway, I said to myself, that I could go to the UK for the LAC premiere anyway.

When I heard it would take place in Glasgow I was ecstatic! I love Scotland, I have family in Glasgow and I butlerised the female population last August, I would meet other GALS like Moira so this would be a dream come true, an once in a lifteime opportunity! I was convinced that the premiere would take place on Tuesday Nov 24 in analogy of what happened for the UK premiere of TUT and I was even looking for flights.

And now my ugly truth has been announced. The premiere will take place on Nov 15. So not only am I going to be in NY the only time Gerry won't but I will also miss what is going to be most probably one of his most important premieres: the first film he produced, where he gives an excellent performance, at his home town with all the family there... This is the kind of moment you can never get again... And there is nothing I can do about it. There is nothing I can tell my boss, participation and tickets and accommodation have already been paid, and most importantly, my husband has been looking forward to this trip for a year, there is no way I can let him down, he is the most wonderful guy...

So how do I get over this? I am devastated. Seriously. I apologise for being selfish right now, I know it's supposed to be about Gerry and how happy we are for him, I am really happy for him, but at the same time I feel so sad inside, I feel the ground has been taken from under my feet.

Please tell me something, anything to help me get over this depressing feeling... :-(

Thanks,

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

Theresa, I feel your pain, sweetie. When I had to miss the RNR premiere last year because my car wouldn't make it over the ridge (I was on my way!) I thought I would die. But you know what? Since then I have had the best opportunities to see Gerry and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

So, what I'm saying is that even though it didn't work out this time, when it feels like it would have been perfect, there will be many many other premieres in Gerry's future and in yours. Yes it would be wonderful for there to be a lot of fans in Glasgow, but I'm sure there will be. And his family will be there celebrating with him, so it's not like he'll feel like "where's my support?" He'll feel the love.

Evil Twins have many projects in store, and you will have other chances to see Gerry, and maybe one of those times will be YOURS.

:hugs:

Lisa

Don't worry Theresa! You'll definitely get another chance. It's a bummer that things aren't working out right now and it probably feels like fate is all against you... But we know that Gerry has many more amazing projects in the future, so there will be many more premieres and great chances for you to attend and show your support. Just focus on enjoying your trip to NY for right now! Give this day to your husband, and you'll have another in the future to give to the other man in your life! :D

Steph

Theresa

Words cannot express how much I feel for you just now. :hug: and it would have been lovely to meet you too.

I'm a true believer in what's for you wont pass you by :wave:

I know what you are saying about this being important for him and I now understand why his family was nowhere to be seen in NYC or LA. I know it is easier said than done but just try and enjoy New York with your hubbie you never know it could be the best trip you both have ever had and there is maybe a reason you are to be in NYC and not Glasgow?

For a long time when I knew I couldn't be at something Gerry related regardless of what I had been blessed with I seemed to mourn what I couldn't go to which was just stupid and selfish - it has only been recently that I can honestly say that while its a bummer I can't do everything I'd like to I am at a stage I am just happy for everything that comes my way and for those who do get to experience Gerry especially for the first time. :wuv: :wuv:

I know in the mid 90s when my friend and I were very friendly with an Irish boyband we used to get invited to alot of places to see them and when they came to Glasgow on tour I had a pre planned holiday booked that I could not get out of and I hated every minute of that holiday because she was experiencing what I wanted. When I knew that night was over and they were on their merry way I could enjoy the last of my holiday. That same friend was my Take That buddy(UK boyband big 1991-1996 who have had a massive resurgence since 2006) well yet again I had a holiday booked when they announced their comeback tour and was on holiday when I got a call from her to say she won a contest to meet them and if i came home she'd take me - I had to use all my willpower not to book a flight home) and again it was a horrible feeling you are missing out.

I came to realise that when you are friendly with people who for no fault of their own live in the places that most of the PAs tend to occur it just seems worse when you cannot attend an event with your friends - there is alot to be said for what you have never had you cannot miss. I also think being heavily involved in a fandom when you are a regular poster on a forum does not help either as it must be hard for those desperate for that first moment with Gerry to have to constantly see the same people time and again posting they have seen him yet again. I know I am so fortunate to be in a position where I can come to stuff - I am not ashamed to say I like seeing Gerry in the flesh hence why I attend the PAs that I can - I also know he is very rarely in the UK so as the saying goes if the mountain wont come to mohammad mohammad had to go to the mountain. I am of the mindset that I know my lifestyle could come to an end at anytime and appreciate everything that comes my way and am doing my damdest to not get blasais or have any expectations that every PA I attend I should have "a moment".

I'm hitting big 40 in January and since my late teens I have been heavily into all things entertainment and have gone through various fandoms in my time and dont find what i do weird in the slightest and neither do my friends/family because they are just used to me jetting off here and there but I know to alot of people it is strange for me to live the way I do - really unless I am delusional does it really make any difference if you live 5000 or 500 miles away???. I have made so many friends doing what I do and I would not trade any of that for anything.

So Theresa you will probably feel like you have to put on a face til after 15 Nov then you can enjoy New York. You are not alone in how you are feeling and yes I am sure it will seem weird to some that Gerry has a hold over you in this way but there are alot of us who totally understand how you feel.

Moira

Thank you all so much for the support, I really needed it. It's good to know that there are people who totally get me and don't think I've lost it. Very, very much appreciated and I am trylly touched.

Now, since you seem to have things at a perspective at the moment and I don't, please advise on the following:

Apparently there is a direct flight that leaves NY on Saturday 14 in the evening and I can be back in NY on Monday at noon and it's really affordable. Should it try that or have I lost all reason and should try to pull myself together?

Theresa

P.S. How did I get to this stage? For years and years I had seen Gerry's films and I was fine, totally unaffected even by PSILY. And then I saw RnR of all films (!!!) and something snapped. Back in March 2009 I couldn't even pronounce Gerard Butler and now look at me... And to top it all, I'm so proud to call myself a GB fan! Who would have thought... :-)

My personal opinion, Theresa, is don't go. Stay with your husband. There will be plenty of chances to see Gerry in the future. Flying off to Glasgow, whether you can afford it or not, is a little impulsive. How would you explain it to your hubby anyway?

My personal opinion, Theresa, is don't go. Stay with your husband. There will be plenty of chances to see Gerry in the future. Flying off to Glasgow, whether you can afford it or not, is a little impulsive. How would you explain it to your hubby anyway?

I would just tell him the truth. We are very open and we have done things like that before because he has been a huge Madonna fan for years and I am a George Michael fan so we have flown to London for concerts on numerous occasions in the past. He won't have an issue, he might even come with me for the fun of it, it's me who doesn't feel right about it deep down and this is why I am asking for advice and basically for reasons to talk me out of it and see things in a calm and reasonable way. Your messages are very very helpful and hopefully once I get over the initial disappointment I will be able to move on. It's just that both my husband and I wanted to go to London for TUT but then I couldn't because of my work and I promised myself I wouldn't miss the next one and this one is so special. Here I go again with self pity, I'd better stop...

Thank you again for the therapy session. I'm sure I will survive with a couple more. :-)

Theresa

AHH! To be able to afford to just hop on a flight and go off like a free bird at whim!

DO IT! LIVE A LITTLE! life is short...have fun and take lots of photos for us xoxo

I agree: GO, alone. You will not regret it. Sometimes you have to be impulsive. :lol:

I sat on the sidewalk for 7.5 hours in the cold to get ticket to SNL. One of the best decisions of my life. Anything for Gerry; he is absolutely worth it!!!

Edited by andrea71

AHH! To be able to afford to just hop on a flight and go off like a free bird at whim!

DO IT! LIVE A LITTLE! life is short...have fun and take lots of photos for us xoxo

I agree: GO, alone. You will not regret it. Sometimes you have to be impulsive. :lol:

I sat on the sidewalk for 7.5 hours in the cold to get ticket to SNL. One of the best decisions of my life. Anything for Gerry; he is absolutely worth it!!!

:lmao: Normally I would be saying the same thing. I'm probably one of the most impulsive people ... usually.

Bottom line, Theresa, it's up to you. I guess I probably shouldn't even give advice since I have seen him so many times.

If it's okay between you and your husband, then hell ... go for it and take pictures.

GAL in serious need for psychological support: I'm not joking, I am about to burst into tears and the only reason I haven't so far is because my husband would think I am totally crazy and would have me committed.

There was a conference in NY that my boss and I were supposed to attend in Dec 08 but due to the crisis, the conference was moved to this November. My husband was so excited about NY and decided to join us. So I am going to be in NY from Nov 13 to Nov 20. I knew that Gerry would probably not be there because of the birthday, I was a bit disappointed because, although I fully realised that there was no chance I would run into him, still it would be nice to know that we were both walking aroung the same city for once. Still, I pulled myself together, did a reality check and snapped out of it. Anyway, I said to myself, that I could go to the UK for the LAC premiere anyway.

When I heard it would take place in Glasgow I was ecstatic! I love Scotland, I have family in Glasgow and I butlerised the female population last August, I would meet other GALS like Moira so this would be a dream come true, an once in a lifteime opportunity! I was convinced that the premiere would take place on Tuesday Nov 24 in analogy of what happened for the UK premiere of TUT and I was even looking for flights.

And now my ugly truth has been announced. The premiere will take place on Nov 15. So not only am I going to be in NY the only time Gerry won't but I will also miss what is going to be most probably one of his most important premieres: the first film he produced, where he gives an excellent performance, at his home town with all the family there... This is the kind of moment you can never get again... And there is nothing I can do about it. There is nothing I can tell my boss, participation and tickets and accommodation have already been paid, and most importantly, my husband has been looking forward to this trip for a year, there is no way I can let him down, he is the most wonderful guy...

So how do I get over this? I am devastated. Seriously. I apologise for being selfish right now, I know it's supposed to be about Gerry and how happy we are for him, I am really happy for him, but at the same time I feel so sad inside, I feel the ground has been taken from under my feet.

Please tell me something, anything to help me get over this depressing feeling... :-(

Thanks,

Theresa

Hey, maybe you'll luck out and get in the "Cash Cab"! :wow2::lmao:

Delene

Theresa

Follow your heart and regret the things you do and not the things you dont do. As long as you know it will not interfere with work or annoy your hubby I say go for it. I am the last person to tell someone not to attend something since I always try and talk myself out of going each time but find excuses and each time has exceeded the last so i have never ever regretted being impulsive. I had thought about telling you to not be so stupid but thats easy for me to say since I have had some wonderful moments with Gerry so who am I to say stay or go. :funnyup:

All I know is Gerry has been so kind to me with his time, has always been so gracious and he loves and appreciates the support. :wuv:

What you have to ask yourself is if you only got a glimpse from afar and no up close contact would you be happy with that??? If the answer is yes then anything extra is a bonus. If you are going hoping for the whole package as we say and will go home dissapointed otherwise then its not worth mucking up your New York trip.

A good example is in 2008 we did not know if the Golden Globes were going to happen due to the writers strike and had the option to cancel. I felt because there was still a chance it would go ahead if I cancelled and those celebs I knew including Gerry that always went to the parties still showed how would I feel???. Was it better to be there and it be cancelled or not go and it go ahead and me be gutted I did not go - so i went and even though it was cancelled properly a few days before; my friend and I had a blast in LA, it was the first time I had seen alot of different places outside of Beverly Hills and we made some great contacts with the HFPA and Dick Clarks security team as they still held it as a press conference and since only 16 of us stayed at the hotel we were treated like VIPS for that weekend. So while I may not have got what I hoped for I had an altogether different amazing experience - including nearly losing a finger when the ring I tried on in Tiffanys would not come off - I did think they were joking when they said they'd saw my finger off but soon realised they were not :lmao:

Moira

Theresa,

I agree with Moira. If you're going to be happy just being there, regardless of if you get any Gerry time or not, and it's not going to interfere with work or your husband, then it seems like a perfect time to be impulsive and jump on a plane. But, if you're going with high expectations then it's probably not a good idea.

The most important thing though, is once you make a decision, whatever it is, you be happy about it! If you decide to go, then you can look forward to a few days of craziness, jetting between two wonderful cities! If you decide not to go, then you can look forward to a little less hectic but still amazing vacation, seeing all that NY has to offer!

And of course you've come to the right place with your problem. I can say with some certainty that none of us here think you're crazy! :D

Steph

Theresa

I have said often enough why go for professional help when you can spill out your problems on Gals for free knowing so many are going through similar experiences and can all learn from each other.

We think what you are feeling is pretty darn normal because Gerry does find a way of getting under your skin plus I think the friendships made play a big part of why we can be on here so often or on other social networks when you realise there are so many likeminded individuals about and you are not the weirdo your friends make you out to be :funnyup::funnyup: . I remember the days before I had a computer and went to the library for an hour a week to catch up on whatever fandom I was in at the time - think it was Kevin Spacey around 1998/1999 when I first discovered the internet. I laugh now thinking an hour a week was enough for me now I cringe at the fact I seem to be on and off all day and the only time I am not on it is when I sleep :lmao: I know I am not alone in this!!!!!!!. I am trying to fight my impulse to get a phone that will give me constant access to the internet and try and tell myself all the Gerry info will still be there if I can't get online for 5 hours - my brain is not too good at registering that fact but I am trying :lmao: I also look forward to the day when airlines have internet access onboard as standard as my flights to LA are 10 hours :funnyup::funnyup:

I did for a while think it was because I was single and Gerry was filling a void but so many fans are in perfectly happy relationships whether married or not so I just put it down to when you finally "get" Gerry you just can't "get away" no matter how hard you try to fight this infliction called GALS - you just learn to live with it the best you can and to be honest I can't really remember what my life was like 2007 B.G - 2007 Before Gerry :wuv::wuv:

You will know yourself Theresa what is best for you and can appreciate why you think the Glasgow premiere will be an extra special occasion because he is bringing it to his home crowd - I am still not convinced he is thought as highly of here as he is in US so if his fans do not show I have no idea what kind of local crowd will gather to show their support. This is going to be very interesting and I hope I am underestimating the Scottish show of support for him.

Let us know what you decide and nobody will judge you as most fans if in the same position with the means to do so would probably have the same dilema.

Moira

Dear friends,

I am so overwhelmed by your response and support and totally aligned with the feelings you describe. We are one of a kind. And Moira, I agree with you, GALS is a syndrom that has nothing to do with being single or not. My husband is the most wonderful person one could hope for (even when he refers to Gerry as "The Beef") and we are very happy together. Still GALS can get you and there is nothing to do about it, just lay back and enjoy it and go with the flow. :-)

I wonder if there is a way to ensure that Nov 15 is indeed the date of the premiere before I start rescheduling. In reality as far as work is concerned, we don't have to be in NY until Monday afternoon, we just thought we'd spend the weekend there for fun. There is a flight from Glasgow that arrives in NY at 11.45. So, if I can change our tickets, we can go to Glasgow for the weekend and then fly to NY, then extend our stay over the following weekend. Stelios (my husband) will be thrilled because that way he can go to two hockey games instead of one (he comes from Canada, so a big hockey fan). The problem is how to deal with my boss, what do I tell him? So before I start a big mess, I must be sure about te date. Oh, Gerry, Gerry, why on earth can't you have the event on Nov 21st? From a marketing point of view it makes no sense to have it amost 2 weeks before the film opens in the UK.

As for my expectations, I don't expect to meet Gerry, I would be too intimidated to talk to him, how do I approach him? I don't think I would even ask for an autograph. I would be just happy to be there and take in the whole atmosphere, watch from a distance, see him interact with the fans, his family, take photos, meet with other GALS sufferers. Just to see him with a big smile, really, honestly happy because there he would be, a Paisley boy coming home as a successful star who has succeeded in his passion, with his family around him, just to be there to see him shine at this very special moment when it will finally register that he's made it, I would feel so proud for him, that's just my expectation....

OK, I have to stop now, because the "waterworks" have started now in a "biblical" way and I can't stop...

Thank you again,

Theresa

Well Dot Net announced the date of 15 November and I saw their tweet to you so they seem pretty certain of it - unless something out of the ordinary happens I expect they got it from Alan or his management team. With it only being 3 weeks away a date would have to have been set by now. I hope we can purchase tickets as I would love to watch it with Gerry and a home crowd and see their reaction to it and if it is any differnt to the US audience reaction in NYC and LA.

Looking forward to seeing you on 15 November cause it looks like you have made your mind up :funnyup:

Moira

Well Dot Net announced the date of 15 November and I saw their tweet to you so they seem pretty certain of it - unless something out of the ordinary happens I expect they got it from Alan or his management team. With it only being 3 weeks away a date would have to have been set by now. I hope we can purchase tickets as I would love to watch it with Gerry and a home crowd and see their reaction to it and if it is any differnt to the US audience reaction in NYC and LA.

Looking forward to seeing you on 15 November cause it looks like you have made your mind up :funnyup:

Moira

Sniff, sniff, I just saw the reply too. :-( Well, you're right my mind is made up but I need to handle the technicalities and I am not sure about the outcome. I told Stelios and he's agreed. However, my boss is going to be a lot more difficult. I need a legitimate excuse. Wish me luck! :-)

Theresa