Gerard Butler GALS

European Premiere of LAC To Be In Glasgow

framolamdu

I did for a while think it was because I was single and Gerry was filling a void but so many fans are in perfectly happy relationships whether married or not so I just put it down to when you finally "get" Gerry you just can't "get away" no matter how hard you try to fight this infliction called GALS - you just learn to live with it the best you can and to be honest I can't really remember what my life was like 2007 B.G - 2007 Before Gerry :wuv::wuv:

Moira

Can I argue with this without getting stoned? :lol:

I honestly think that Gerry does fill a void for everyone who loves him the way many of us do. So my point is that there must be a void, something must be missing from the relationship, otherwise this GALS thing would not occur or would be so much milder.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell your boss that since you're already so close (being in NYC) that you want to visit family in Glasgow for an extended weekend? Tell him about the great bargain you found on flights!

If you can arrange it with your work, and Stelios (LOVE that his name is Stelios!) is fine with it and may go, too, I say GO FOR IT!

Like *guest* said, life is short. And as I have experienced firsthand, you have to grab the happiness when you can, because sadness is as sure as the sun rising and setting, and makes the happy times that much more sweeter!

GOOD LUCK!!

Theresa, now that you've decided, I'm behind you 100%. I think my initial reaction was just to make sure your husband was okay with this. Anyway, I don't have to explain myself ...

Can you explain to your boss that this is a once in a lifetime chance? Or maybe that you have the chance to see friends that you normally wouldn't? I don't know what to say on this really because my work knows when I take off for Gerry stuff. :lol: Or you could just out and out lie and call in sick with the swine flu or something.

If your hubby goes with you, (his name is really Stelios? That's awesome!) how much better would that be? Sounds like you have a good man there.

However it works out for you, just enjoy the hell out of it and have the best time! Take lots of pictures and GET THERE EARLY. Moira is the one to stick with. She's basically the expert on this stuff. :D

Keep us informed as to how the plans are going! It's great to get to do this vicariously through you.

:hugs:

Lisa

Can you tell your boss that since you're already so close (being in NYC) that you want to visit family in Glasgow for an extended weekend? Tell him about the great bargain you found on flights!

If you can arrange it with your work, and Stelios (LOVE that his name is Stelios!) is fine with it and may go, too, I say GO FOR IT!

Like Wadi said, life is short. And as I have experienced firsthand, you have to grab the happiness when you can, because sadness is as sure as the sun rising and setting, and makes the happy times that much more sweeter!

GOOD LUCK!!

Thank you and Lisa and eveyone else for your latest posts and wishes. I think I'll go with the idea about a last minute family thing in Scotland.

Stelios was really surprised that you guys liked his name. It is indeed a beautiful name in Greek but foreigners don't always get it. When he was growing up in Canada he got a lot of abuse at school for having a Greek name an at the end the other kids started callin him Steve. I don't know if you've noticed that towards the end of 300 Leonidas calls out to one of his fellow Spartans and calls him Stelios. Gerry used that name again during the 300 sketch in SNL. I just died, he sounded so cute and my Stelios was gloating. I wonder if Gerry has a Greek friend with that name and he just decided to use it because, although Stelios is an old Greek name, I wouldn't call it ancient and it certainly was not used during spartan times. It's a Christian name and the original old version was Stylianos. Stelios is the modern version, so I thought it was kind of funny to hear it at 300.

Theresa

Theresa

Stelios was the name of the character played by the wonderful Michael Fassbender in 300 and he played a pivitol role in the film so was understandable why he used the name again on SNL with it being a parody of 300.

Moira

Theresa

Stelios was the name of the character played by the wonderful Michael Fassbender in 300 and he played a pivitol role in the film so was understandable why he used the name again on SNL with it being a parody of 300.

Moira

I guess I ought to do more homework. :-) Anyway, still it is not an ancient Greek- Spartan name but I love it that they used it. Maybe Frank Miller knows someone with that name.

Theresa

The captain's son in 300 was called Astinos, which director Zack Snyder created as an homage to the Astin-Martin car! :lol: I don't think they went for historical accuracy in 300, the emphasis was that it was based on Frank Miller's graphic novel.

Anyhoo, let us know how it goes with the boss, Theresa! Our fingers are crossed for luck!

Sniff, sniff, I just saw the reply too. :-( Well, you're right my mind is made up but I need to handle the technicalities and I am not sure about the outcome. I told Stelios and he's agreed. However, my boss is going to be a lot more difficult. I need a legitimate excuse. Wish me luck! :-)

Theresa

I know it's been discussed extensively by now, but I love your husband's name too. Stelios was my second favorite warrior in 300 (I don't think I have to say who my first was...). Kids make fun of any name that's a little bit different to them. *Grumble grumble* stupid kids. :)

I did for a while think it was because I was single and Gerry was filling a void but so many fans are in perfectly happy relationships whether married or not so I just put it down to when you finally "get" Gerry you just can't "get away" no matter how hard you try to fight this infliction called GALS - you just learn to live with it the best you can and to be honest I can't really remember what my life was like 2007 B.G - 2007 Before Gerry :wuv::wuv:

Moira

Can I argue with this without getting stoned? :lol:

I honestly think that Gerry does fill a void for everyone who loves him the way many of us do. So my point is that there must be a void, something must be missing from the relationship, otherwise this GALS thing would not occur or would be so much milder.

No stoning Andrea!

I agree with you that Gerry does something for everyone who loves him. I don't necessarily think that being so into Gerry means that what's missing in your life has anything to do with your love life, although I'd say that's probably the easiest to justify. Certainly is a big factor in my devotion. :)

Steph

Hi Gals

Moira...to everything you wrote in here :clap:

Since you Moira first told us about LAC opening in Glasgow...I have not been able to think about anything else. Should I go or not??

I have gone to London for RocknRolla and TUT where I saw him and I loved it...but I go there on my own. You do talk to everyone there while you wait but they are not GALS and I want to experience this with some of you Gals because we understand each other so well when it comes to Gerard.

Each time I try to meet up with some of you in London but we have never found each other. And I don't want to do it alone if I decide to come to Glasgow.

After every time I have all these feelings inside me when it's over......I'm happy, excited, I'm sad, I laugh, I cry...I'm all over the place....but there is no one to share it with, no one that feels the same and that makes me feel like not wanting to do this anymore. :tissues:

There must be somewhere we can meet and then go together?

I would realy love to experience this special day in Glasgow with some of you....is that possible? if it is I will buy my ticket right now?

Dane

Hi Gals

Moira...to everything you wrote in here :clap:

Since you Moira first told us about LAC opening in Glasgow...I have not been able to think about anything else. Should I go or not??

I have gone to London for RocknRolla and TUT where I saw him and I loved it...but I go there on my own. You do talk to everyone there while you wait but they are not GALS and I want to experience this with some of you Gals because we understand each other so well when it comes to Gerard.

Each time I try to meet up with some of you in London but we have never found each other. And I don't want to do it alone if I decide to come to Glasgow.

After every time I have all these feelings inside me when it's over......I'm happy, excited, I'm sad, I laugh, I cry...I'm all over the place....but there is no one to share it with, no one that feels the same and that makes me feel like not wanting to do this anymore. :tissues:

There must be somewhere we can meet and then go together?

I would realy love to experience this special day in Glasgow with some of you....is that possible? if it is I will buy my ticket right now?

Dane

I feel the same as you Dane. I really want to go and I don't really have any excuse not to. I live 3 hours away so its all within easy reach. I have never been to a premiere of any movie before so I don't really know what to expect. I've never really travelled anywhere on my own but I know I could do.

I too would love to experience this amazing opportunity with fellow GALS - can we make it happen? :wave:

I want to go so much

Jojo

No stoning Andrea!

I agree with you that Gerry does something for everyone who loves him. I don't necessarily think that being so into Gerry means that what's missing in your life has anything to do with your love life, although I'd say that's probably the easiest to justify. Certainly is a big factor in my devotion. :)

Steph

Gerrymania is all about love, babe. :kisswink:

I too would love to experience this amazing opportunity with fellow GALS - can we make it happen? :wave:

I want to go so much

Jojo

Of course we can make it happen ! Let's see where the venue is first and then we can make arrangements about a specific place nearby where we can meet. And afterwards we an go for dinner or something.

Theresa

AHH! To be able to afford to just hop on a flight and go off like a free bird at whim!

DO IT! LIVE A LITTLE! life is short...have fun and take lots of photos for us xoxo

I agree: GO, alone. You will not regret it. Sometimes you have to be impulsive. :lol:

I sat on the sidewalk for 7.5 hours in the cold to get ticket to SNL. One of the best decisions of my life. Anything for Gerry; he is absolutely worth it!!!

Andrea, you got your chance to see him! I'm so happy for you :)

Theresa good luck! :kisswink:

I want to go so much

Jojo

Of course we can make it happen ! Let's see where the venue is first and then we can make arrangements about a specific place nearby where we can meet. And afterwards we an go for dinner or something.

Theresa

Oh I really hope so. It would be so much fun. I love how one man can bring so many people from around the world to one place. It just amazes me as I am very new to this whole fandom community.

I want to go so much

Jojo

Theresa

Oh I really hope so. It would be so much fun. I love how one man can bring so many people from around the world to one place. It just amazes me as I am very new to this whole fandom community.

So are we doing this? I will book my plane ticket right now if you say yes?

Dane

I want to go so much

Jojo

Theresa

So are we doing this? I will book my plane ticket right now if you say yes?

Dane

OK Lets do it. I can't quite beleive i'm saying that :pointy: Wow this is exciting.

Edited by jojo23

The one thing Gerry has done and he knows this!!!! is our fandom and devotion to him is so much more than just him :yay: - its bigger than him - its the friendships we make that keep so many of us around and like i said while we all may have lots of friends if they are not into Gerry they just do not appreciate or understand how this affects us. I think that is probably why I go to alot of overseas stuff cause it makes me feel normal as I'm around what feels to me normal folk who like what I like - I know to some that may seem a contradiction in terms - whats normal about travelling thousands of miles :lmao: but to see Gerry and friends I have made and hope last a lifetime has made me very happy and fulfilled. :yay:

Unless i get knocked down by a bus I will definitely be at Glasgow. Will probably maybe come through and stay on the Saturday and make a weekend of it. I know my way about Glasgow quite well so it will be nice to welcome fans from all over the world who come to support Gerry.

Moira

Can't wait to meet some of you GALS :wave: .... jojo, Moira, Theresa ? I will be arriving on friday ....Gerard's birthday.

LAC opens tonight in Copenhagen so I finaly get to see it. They have given it a horrible danish titel "nådeløs hævn"...a lot of us have complained about that.... if I traslate it for you it means "Merciless vengeace"...I hate it.

Edited by Dane

For anybody travelling from afar Cineworld is on Renfrew Street and the most central of Glasgow's cinemas. The Holiday Inn Theatreland is directly opposite and Holiday Inn Express is right round the corner from the Holiday Inn. Across the road and along is Park Inn and about a 5 mins walk away is Premiere Inn Glasgow George Square.

I spoke to Paul at Cineworld today and he said it would be an evening affair but they did not have much information as most of the arrangements are being dealt with through Momentum Films. I did say to expect a big fan turnout from all over the world and he laughed saying everything would be done to ensure we'd be happy :lmao: I did mention that with knowing Glasgow I know cinema is on a busy main street that is not really wide and with traffic coming in both directions it could be difficult for him to keep dodging the traffic as I expect they will not be allowed to close the street - Paul said they will do their best to not let him get knocked down :rotflmao: and he was not sure where the fan area would be ie across the road from the cinema or on same side and on opposite sides of main entrance but they would take advice. He did say they have before been able to close the street off which surprises me as it is well used by public transport so I guess if they see the need or public safety may be compromised they will just have to divert traffic.

I for one would prefer it to be lines of barriers across the street so more people get a chance of a good look rather than it be pens - I just have flashbacks to LA premiere of TUT in July :lmao: and if you were not at front you pretty much had it - the downside is if it is locals and not just fans we are not as polite when it comes to pushing and shoving :lmao:

He took my number and said if he had any more info on fan stuff for the day he would call me. He also thought there is a good chance there may be local contests to win tickets so we need to be on look out. I did find it amusing when I initially said can he definitely confirm it is the 15 November he said yes and "its nice because it is Gerry's birthday that weekend"!!!!. Do we have a fanboy here or has something been said to Cineworld in relation to his 40th birthday???

BTW the Xmas Lights get turned on in Glasgow in George Square that day which is just 5 mins or so away - wouldn't it be a laugh if they had Gerry do it.

Moira

Thanks for the info Moira - your'e a star :thankyou:

Even though I haven't got too far to travel I have never been to Glasgow(terrible I know) so I really don't have a clue about where anything is. I will study a map I think. I have been looking for hotels that are near the cinema, so thanks for the heads up on those ones. I'm not sure if I should come down on the Saturday or early Sunday morning...The train journey will take about 2.5 hours. I have to work on Saturday though. I think I might stay until Monday morning then catch the train back. Not sure yet Hehe so exciting...

I do hope there's going to be a big crowd. I can push and shove if I need to *elbows at the ready*

Gerry switching on christmas lights - now that would be fun :party:

I made it, I made it! I am coming! You wouldn't believe the day I had trying to switch tickets without too much additional cost, find alternative dates that would work for Stelios and my boss, find a way to get from Scotland to NY on Monday in time for my work obligations...

At first it seemed that I wouldn't be able to make it because there were no places on either Saturday or Sunday or Monday flights from Athens to NY for my husband and my boss. After a lot of calls and lots of worry and prayers, I was told that two seats were found on Monday's flight. My boss was extremely accommodating, I just told him that Friday was not workinng for personal reasons and would he mind going on Monday instead? And he just said yes, bless him! Then Stelios said he didn't feel like coming to Glasgow with me because I would be too busy with "the Beef" anyway and my GALSb friends. But he was totally OK to fly to NY on Monday with my boss and meet me there. In return we are staying until the following Sunday and he gets to go to two hockey games so he is in heaven!

So I am coming on Saturday and staying with my recently butlerised cousin who is also coming to the event. Of course she still cannot believe what I am doing and the lengths I have gone too but she is to excited to be part of this.

So we need to get organised about Sunday. Moira, since you have more experience, how do you suggest we go about it? Maybe we should take this off site, my e-mail is in my profile.

Thank you everyone for your support over the last couple of days, I really think your positive thoughts helped me to make this happen when it seemed impossible at first. Remember the Adidas avertisment, Impossible is nothing? Gerry is living proof of it and an inspiration that pushes us trying just a little bit harder and never give up.

Theresa

For anybody travelling from afar Cineworld is on Renfrew Street and the most central of Glasgow's cinemas. The Holiday Inn Theatreland is directly opposite and Holiday Inn Express is right round the corner from the Holiday Inn. Across the road and along is Park Inn and about a 5 mins walk away is Premiere Inn Glasgow George Square.

I spoke to Paul at Cineworld today and he said it would be an evening affair but they did not have much information as most of the arrangements are being dealt with through Momentum Films. I did say to expect a big fan turnout from all over the world and he laughed saying everything would be done to ensure we'd be happy :lmao: I did mention that with knowing Glasgow I know cinema is on a busy main street that is not really wide and with traffic coming in both directions it could be difficult for him to keep dodging the traffic as I expect they will not be allowed to close the street - Paul said they will do their best to not let him get knocked down :rotflmao: and he was not sure where the fan area would be ie across the road from the cinema or on same side and on opposite sides of main entrance but they would take advice. He did say they have before been able to close the street off which surprises me as it is well used by public transport so I guess if they see the need or public safety may be compromised they will just have to divert traffic.

I for one would prefer it to be lines of barriers across the street so more people get a chance of a good look rather than it be pens - I just have flashbacks to LA premiere of TUT in July :lmao: and if you were not at front you pretty much had it - the downside is if it is locals and not just fans we are not as polite when it comes to pushing and shoving :lmao:

He took my number and said if he had any more info on fan stuff for the day he would call me. He also thought there is a good chance there may be local contests to win tickets so we need to be on look out. I did find it amusing when I initially said can he definitely confirm it is the 15 November he said yes and "its nice because it is Gerry's birthday that weekend"!!!!. Do we have a fanboy here or has something been said to Cineworld in relation to his 40th birthday???

BTW the Xmas Lights get turned on in Glasgow in George Square that day which is just 5 mins or so away - wouldn't it be a laugh if they had Gerry do it.

Moira

Moira, just so you know, you're an ispiration too! When I read this message I said to myself this real, I'm going to make it happen! And I did!

Thank you, can't wait to meet you!

Theresa

Hi GALS

I have decided to stay at the Glasgow Marriot. I know where the cinema is so that won't be a problem for me. I hope we can find a place to meet so we can go there together.

Gerard turning on the lights....that would be a treat for us.

Can't waite to meet you all.

PS just saw LAC tonight......now I undestand what all of you have been talking about :doh: and why Gerard is so proud of it. He is so believable as Clyde, amazing preformance.