Gerard Butler GALS

Rain

nataliextierney

hey gals!

its actually nearly 11:10pm over here in Scotland!

i am currently lying in bed watching ps i love you, it is actually teaming down(raining heavily) but just watching gerard acting makes life soo much better does anyone agree?

my favourite part is when he is singing galway girl

i adore it

i listen to it every day! just helps me get through lol!

does anyone know when gerard will be visiting scotland again?

for a premiere or anything?

feel i will never get to see him:(

just a wee clip am sure you have all seen

but it just makes me smile lol :kiss::wave:

lots of loveee

nataliee x

Hi Nataliee :wave:

I believe that Gerry is going to be in Glasgow for the premiere of Law Abiding Citizen on November 15th. I'll go confirm that and correct my post if I'm wrong.

I'm with you on the way Gerry makes me feel in PS I Love You. That particular role absolutely touched my heart. I found myself laughing and crying throughout the whole movie. :tissues:

Love that Central Park clip. Absolutely adorable. :wuv:

I'm going to move your post out of the Gamer threads and into the All Things Gerry section. :kisswink:

Nataliee,

I watched PS I Love You tonight too! Actually, I suppose we were watching it at the same time, by the timing of your post! I love that movie so much. I try to stop myself from watching it all the time, so that when I do pop it in it still has the same strong effect on me that it always did!

Yes, the Galway Girl scene is so moving! I particularly love the few seconds when he first notices Holly and his jaw drops ever so slightly because he's so amazed that she's actually there! It's as if right there, he realizes that moment was the end of life as he knew it! I also have Gerry singing Galway Girl as a ringtone on my phone, and I use it as my alarm! So every morning I get to wake up to Gerry's sweet serenade. :wuv:

Anyway, hope you can get some sleep! :)

Steph

Hey Natalie, hope you get some sleep soon. And how awesome is it Gerry will be so close to you in a matter of days? Totally jealous just FYI. :funnyface: Ladies I don't know how you do it. I can't watch PSILY without feeling like my heart is being tore out of my chest for the rest of the day sometimes two. It just kills me. I try watch it till the memorial then turn it off but I forget and before I know it I'm crying my eyes out when she's in his fort and he leans his head on her shoulder.... :unsure: uhm sorry. See that's what it does. Anyway dear congrats on getting Gerry soon. :kisswink:

Hey Natalie, hope you get some sleep soon. And how awesome is it Gerry will be so close to you in a matter of days? Totally jealous just FYI. :funnyface: Ladies I don't know how you do it. I can't watch PSILY without feeling like my heart is being tore out of my chest for the rest of the day sometimes two. It just kills me. I try watch it till the memorial then turn it off but I forget and before I know it I'm crying my eyes out when she's in his fort and he leans his head on her shoulder.... :unsure: uhm sorry. See that's what it does. Anyway dear congrats on getting Gerry soon. :kisswink:

Lately I've been in a place where I'm perpetually on the edge of tears, but always unable to get them out. I was finally able to squeeze a couple out watching PSILY tonight. It helped some, but I'm still pretty empty inside. Normally I'd be right there with you, crying like a baby.

Steph

Ladies I don't know how you do it. I can't watch PSILY without feeling like my heart is being tore out of my chest for the rest of the day sometimes two. It just kills me. I try watch it till the memorial then turn it off but I forget and before I know it I'm crying my eyes out when she's in his fort and he leans his head on her shoulder.... :unsure: uhm sorry. See that's what it does. Anyway dear congrats on getting Gerry soon. :kisswink:

I must admit, I've only seen it once because of what it does to me.

I cried my heart out and movies like that still have effect on me days after I see them :s

Maybe I do have to watch it again, maybe this time it won't affect me this much... but I doubt that...

Edited by blueangel

Ladies I don't know how you do it. I can't watch PSILY without feeling like my heart is being tore out of my chest for the rest of the day sometimes two. It just kills me. I try watch it till the memorial then turn it off but I forget and before I know it I'm crying my eyes out when she's in his fort and he leans his head on her shoulder.... :unsure: uhm sorry. See that's what it does. Anyway dear congrats on getting Gerry soon. :kisswink:

I must admit, I've only seen it once because of what it does to me.

I cried my heart out and movies like that still have effect on me days after I see them :s

Maybe I do have to watch it again, maybe this time it won't affect me this much... but I doubt that...

Oh no, it will. I bought it because I had to of course and I've watched it only a couple of times. Movies like that play in my head long after too.

hey gals!

i am currently lying in bed watching ps i love you, it is actually teaming down(raining heavily) but just watching gerard acting makes life soo much better does anyone agree?

lots of loveee

nataliee x

How romantic, rain in Scotland! Seriously. I was there last August and it rained almost the whole time. We were at Glencoe and there was so much rain there were small waterfalls coming down the mountains. Eversince I have been daydreaming about walking about the Scottish country under the rain. It puts me in a very romantic mood. I'd love it to be in Scotland again, cozying in bed, listening to the rain, watching a good movie. From where we were staying we could see the mountains from the bedroom window. Heaven!

I hope you managed to get some sleep though. :-)

Thanks for the post, it brought back happy memories.

Theresa

How romantic, rain in Scotland! Seriously. I was there last August and it rained almost the whole time. We were at Glencoe and there was so much rain there were small waterfalls coming down the mountains. Eversince I have been daydreaming about walking about the Scottish country under the rain. It puts me in a very romantic mood. I'd love it to be in Scotland again, cozying in bed, listening to the rain, watching a good movie. From where we were staying we could see the mountains from the bedroom window. Heaven!

Theresa

Oh yes, I agree, I love the rain! Granted, sometimes it makes me not want to get out of bed (but that's half the fun!), but I truly enjoy a nice walk in the rain. I was in the park exercising one day when a torrential downpour began. The park is about a mile away from my house, so I took my time getting home, and even had to walk through a flooded street that was more than knee-deep!

I would love to go for a walk in Scotland on a rainy day. *Sigh* Maybe if I close my eyes...

Steph

hey gals!

lots of loveee

nataliee x

Theresa

The rain in Scotland...oh. It has been raining where I live now for nearly 10 days. This morning was the first time I have seen then sun in I can't remember how long!! Isn't it funny, you long for the rain in Scotland and I long for the sun...

Edited by jojo23

Hi Natalie :wave:

Ok I'm a sap but I love that movie too! :wuv: Always does something to me.

I agree with Ready2Fly when she said above....

"Oh no, it will. I bought it because I had to of course and I've watched it only a couple of times. Movies like that play in my head long after too."

Hey we get lots of rain here in Oregon too. The scenery is simialar too. Green, lots of lakes, and beautiful mountains. Can't wait to see Scotland.

Hugs,

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

Natalie - I hope your area wasn't too affected by the floods a week ago. We were in Pitlochry at the time and watching on BBC news about the East Coast flooding between Aberdeen and Dundee that cut off roads and rail travel. In our 12 days in Scotland we had glorious sun part of two days, otherwise it was rainy or on the verge of rain. We were prepared for it though, so it didn't bother us (except it made for darker photos).

I'm one of those who has only ever laughed watching PSILY. I'm touched by the tender moments, but never cried. But I confess I never cried watching POTO either. In fact only Dear Frankie has ever brought me to tears (and only a bit, not like sobbing).

PSILY makes me cry, though not everytime. I have to be into the characters and into the moment, connecting and with my empathy "turned on," so to speak. Dear Frankie made me cry, but only the first time. POTO has made me cry once, I believe, but I tend to feel the Phantom's pain on a different level that doesn't translate to tears. I'm much more predisposed to cry about death than anything else.

Steph

Natalie - I hope your area wasn't too affected by the floods a week ago. We were in Pitlochry at the time and watching on BBC news about the East Coast flooding between Aberdeen and Dundee that cut off roads and rail travel. In our 12 days in Scotland we had glorious sun part of two days, otherwise it was rainy or on the verge of rain. We were prepared for it though, so it didn't bother us (except it made for darker photos).

I'm one of those who has only ever laughed watching PSILY. I'm touched by the tender moments, but never cried. But I confess I never cried watching POTO either. In fact only Dear Frankie has ever brought me to tears (and only a bit, not like sobbing).

no thankfully not susan!

the rain was heavy but we didnt get any floods!

hope its dry for sunday when gerard comes over

i dont want to be standing in the rain :( lol

i would really like to see dear frankie

but i dont know where i would get it from

anyone any ideas?

are any of you GALS coming over for next sunday?

xxxxx

I'm another that didn't cry when watching PS I Love You. There were moments that were sad, moments very funny, and moments that were encouraging. That was the first time I had ever seen Gerry and I raved to my family about the movie. The younger ones said they cried all the way through it. I felt guilty but saw it about 7 times. :) I thought it was a good love story.