Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
AbandonThought

The Moment

Hey gals,

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago on a whim. It's not based at all in real life. Enjoy, and I appreciate any feedback you want to give!

The Moment

I asked him for a hug.

No autograph or picture, just a simple touch.

I had been waiting outside the studio in the crowd for hours, just hoping to catch a glimpse. The other fans surrounded me, their excited chatter ringing in my ears. They spoke about his last movie, the upcoming television appearances, and when production would begin on his next picture. They joked and told stories, their enthusiasm evident in their voices.

I stood quietly, shifting my weight from one leg to the other, glancing down at my watch again. The filming of the show had wrapped up twenty-minutes before. I brushed a strand of my auburn hair behind my ear, fidgeting nervously. I hoped he hadn’t left another way; I had driven for hours for this chance to see him in person.

My heart leapt into my throat as I saw the side door to the studio open. He stepped out into the bright California sun and gave the crowd a wave, turning away only to slip his sunglasses on. The crowd around me began to clap and cheer, and I found myself cheering with them, involuntarily.

I watched him make his way down the line of fans, signing autographs, posing for pictures, and stopping a few minutes to chat with those he recognized. He joked with them, and I smiled as I listened to that laugh that melted my heart.

The pounding of my heart in my chest became nearly unbearable as I saw him draw nearer. He was only a few feet away from me. I began to feel lightheaded and the butterflies in my stomach increased. I took two deep breaths, willing myself to calm down. This would probably be my only moment with him; I couldn’t ruin it by being too nervous to say or do anything.

Time seemed to slow as he settled in front of me, giving me a smile, and looking into my eyes. He said nothing, waiting for me to give him my request.

I asked him for a hug.

His smile broadened and he reached for me, wrapping his strong arms around me and pulling me into his body. I put my arms around his neck, letting the fingers on my right hand settle gently into his soft hair. With my face against his neck I could smell the sweet smell of his aftershave. I could feel the warmth of his body, and the thumping of his strong heart in his chest, against mine. I lost my breath momentarily, and what must have only been a moment felt like a lifetime.

After a second, he pulled back, and the hug was over. He stopped though, his hands still resting on my arms, his face still only inches from mine. Quickly, he leaned toward me and gave me a kiss.

It was a quick kiss, nothing more than a simple peck. Still, when he pulled away again I could feel the wetness from his mouth lingering on my lips. He gave me one last smile, one last glance, before turning his attention down the line to the woman at my right. I sank back into the crowd behind me, needing to find some space. My world was spinning.

As I glanced back at him over the heads of his many admirers, I saw he had moved on. Still laughing and joking with the fans, signing autographs, and posing for pictures.

I don’t know why he gave me a kiss. Maybe he could see in my eyes that I needed it. Maybe he needed it. I’ll never know. It was but a moment for him; quickly past, and easily forgotten. I don’t know what it meant. And I’ll never know.

I asked him for a hug.

He gave me a kiss.

She asked me for a hug.

I came out of the side door to the studio, squinting from the blinding brilliance of the California sun. I turned to the crowd of fans waiting by the entrance and gave them a wave and a genuine smile. My fans were so dedicated; words could not express how much I appreciated their support, and I truly loved the attention. I put my sunglasses on and made my way over as the crowd began to cheer.

I tried to accommodate everyone as best I could. I signed autographs, personalizing many of them, I posed for pictures, and I tried to share at least a few words with everyone I passed.

I moved down the line of admirers, trying to ensure that there was nobody that I missed. The fans were generally very forward and outspoken with their requests, but when I stepped in front of this one young woman, she seemed speechless.

I was struck by her, and I can’t explain why. There was something in her eyes; her beautiful blue eyes. A depth, a sadness, something that I couldn’t describe. It rendered me speechless as well. I just watched her. Then, she seemed to find her voice.

She asked me for a hug.

It was probably the simplest request I could have gotten, but it made me smile as I took her into my arms. This simple request told me a lot about her. Autographs and pictures are all about looking back. They’re a tactile reminder of the moment; something you can look at and think to yourself, “remember the time when…” This woman asked me for a hug. She wasn’t concerned about having evidence to look back on; she wanted something for now, something in the moment.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into me, hugging her tightly; trying to make the moment all that she had hoped it would be. She put her arms around me, and I felt a shiver go down my spine as her fingers snaked up into the hair at the base of my neck.

I pulled away, knowing that I couldn’t linger too long with this one girl; there were others who still wanted their time with me. As I pulled back and she willingly retreated from the embrace, I caught sight of her eyes once again. I wasn’t sure exactly what I was doing, but I leaned in quickly and kissed her. Nothing scandalous; just a quick peck on the lips, but it left a lasting impression.

Conscious of the fact that there were many others around, I gave her one last smile and moved on down the line. I accepted the Sharpie pens and glossy photographs that were thrust at me, signing and smiling and conversing in a friendly manner.

My thoughts kept drifting back though, and I allowed myself to steal a glance at her. The young woman was no longer standing where she had been; there was now an empty space between the others. My eyes darted across the faces of the crowd, searching, trying to get one last glimpse of the beautiful woman with fiery auburn hair and sad blue eyes. But she was gone.

We’d only been able to share but a moment; quickly past and easily forgotten. I’ll never know exactly what that moment meant.

She asked me for a hug.

I gave her a kiss.

:wuv:

Steph

:wuv: That was so lovely, truly. I couldn't ask for anything other than that myself. It's true, pictures and autographs are great but they fade, only tangible for a time. But to share an embrace or touch is something that never leaves you and can't ever be replicated or taken away from you. My luck he would get like one person away from me and I'd turn and walk away. :unsure:

WOW! Beautifully told Steph. That is the dream encounter. You actually had my heart racing at the thought of it all.

Wonderfully beautiful - loved the change in perspectives. While it may be short, you have a way of drawing the reader in. Bravo! :wuv:

Thanks all! My goal in that one was to go with something simple that feels like it could actually be true... a simple moment that doesn't seem like much to the outside observer... and attempted to communicate how it could still mean so much to the people in the situation.

Oh, believe me, I've written plenty more... unfortunately, most of it is not appropriate for this site. :cunning:

Steph

I have already told you that it made me cry. Beautiful.

Wondeful Steph :clap:

I also liked the change in narrative. Really unique. Simple story of a Gerry encounter but so insightful.

Hugs,

Cheryl

Steph, this is fabulous. You have a way with words!

Oh, believe me, I've written plenty more... unfortunately, most of it is not appropriate for this site. :cunning:

LOL!!! Anytime you'd like to share, you just feel free to send me a little ol' PM. :lol:

Kira

Way to go Steph ... simple, yet so sweet :) The perspective change is a perfect device to use!

Two thumbs way up!

Amanda

Fabulous, Steph! I got choked up reading it, especially from the Man's perspective. :hearts:

There is an over-18 fan fiction section, but before you post anything I suggest you PM a sample of your work to a Mod/Admin for approval and/or where exactly to post it.

If not, feel free to PM to us perves. :perverted:

Lisa

Oh, Steph that was absolutely beautiful. Gave me goose bumps. The good kind.

You have a gift. I hope you use it more.

Love ya,

Tracy

:hug:

I really enjoyed that, Steph. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Like the others.....let us know if you choose to share your other stuff, too!

Hugs,

Mo

Thanks (a third time) you guys! Reading all of your comments definitely gives me a warm happy feeling. :)

I'd be happy to PM some of my other stuff to people if they're interested, but I think it may even be too much for The Gutter or the Over 18 section. (!!!) One big problem is that most of what I've written so far revolves around the person rather than any fictional character. Plus... it's a little... well... umm... actually, a lot... ummm... yeah...

Feel free to PM me if you're still not deterred (but it'd probably be easiest if you include an e-mail I can send it to, so I don't have to reformat it all to paste into a PM).

Thanks again!

Steph

Stef send me a sample. With a few modifications you may be able to post your stories in our over 18. We do have a general love stories section. It does not have to be about a G character. If there is a need for more categories we will try and make a place for you to share your talent.

Thanks (a third time) you guys! Reading all of your comments definitely gives me a warm happy feeling. :)

I'd be happy to PM some of my other stuff to people if they're interested, but I think it may even be too much for The Gutter or the Over 18 section. (!!!) One big problem is that most of what I've written so far revolves around the person rather than any fictional character. Plus... it's a little... well... umm... actually, a lot... ummm... yeah...

Feel free to PM me if you're still not deterred (but it'd probably be easiest if you include an e-mail I can send it to, so I don't have to reformat it all to paste into a PM).

Thanks again!

Steph

I could reallly use a little :yummy::pant::drool1::wuv::heat::gerrygasm: to read. Would you PM me something????

Edited by isaboo

MESSAGE TO ALL GALS....

If you haven't PM'd Steph for her stories, you GOTTA read these. They are outstanding! Be sure to keep ice water and an ice pack handy. You'll need both!

:drool1::poof:

Hi Stef, please email me your stories. This one shows such talent I can't wait to read your work. I'm WAY over 18, in fact, I'm WAY over 60!! Looking forward to drooling!

I'm pming you my email address.

Thanks,

Joanie :wave:

Edited by nyjoanie