Gerard Butler GALS

Questions on the latest Craig Ferguson Appearance

terezoulini

while we are on the subject, I have no problem with You Tube videos etc but I wish I had been able to pick up the live stream on that GQ award show, the reason why GB is a movie star is because he is just one of those people the camera loves and one could have gotten HQ screen caps. I know live streaming so you capture both the video and audio is a more difficult trick, if anyone can recommend an easy to use cheap or reliable software program, be good to be ready if such another occasion arises. I suppose if you could hook up your computer to your TV and use your TV like a computuer monitor you could DVR it, but I don't have a clue on that operation either.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home after a day at work with all computersystems down, complaining clients and a trip home in heavy rain and thunder, with a 2 hour traffic jam, to find this and it soooooo made me feel better. :p

That was so funny, I love Gerry and Craig together. :wuv:

*goes to watch it again* :cunning:

Download Helper for Firefox and Real Player Download and Recording Manager for IE. Just google and you will find them easy enough to donwload. It allows you to download any video off the web

Moira

OK - Real Player Sp works great. I was wondering about something that captures those few clips that block downloading or don't respond to RP. It seems that everytime you get something to capture clips, they come up with a way to prevent you. :D

An endless contest.

Jane

Edited by Jeb

I do hope that for those of us who did not get to see this great broadcast will get to see it in our multimedia section sometime soon! Also, would love to see Gerry's acceptance speech for GQ Award in Berlin. Thanks to the powers that be if this happens.

bflo

This my be old news bflo (it may be on Gals by now), but I watched it at GB.Net this morning....not great quality, but at least you can see and hear it without the hideous blips every second or two! He is great huh??

I also believe it had to do with using one's hand in one way or another....But only Gerry and Craig could answer that one Lol. Wouldn't Craig have the session on his web site? Last time Gerry was on his show; we could go to Craig's site and watch it again...

Download Helper for Firefox and Real Player Download and Recording Manager for IE. Just google and you will find them easy enough to donwload. It allows you to download any video off the web

Moira

WHAT!! I have Firefox. I have been trying to download videos from YouTube and was successful with Vixy.net and then suddenly I got only the picture and no sound. FRUSTRATING!! How do you people get YouTube videos converted and downloaded as an AVI.... WITH SOUND? Will Download Helper for Firefox do that for me?

~HUGS~ Kathy

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: I MISSED IT!! Phooey - oh well, I was there. I'm so glad they finally showed it.

I told you it was hysterical. He's such a goofball!

Hopefully we'll have it in MM by this evening. But RATS! It's not on my DVR collection.

You know I thought about you when It came on I sat straight up in bed! I'm so glad they showed it.He was cracking up.The way he said the "C" word with all that emphasis was a total trip I had to rewind it a couple of times.Then Craig is like"I thought we were firends!?" Priceless.... I love

the two of them together....I think I'm gonna watch it right now thank the technology gods for dvr's go

I do hope that for those of us who did not get to see this great broadcast will get to see it in our multimedia section sometime soon! Also, would love to see Gerry's acceptance speech for GQ Award in Berlin. Thanks to the powers that be if this happens.

bflo

You can see both at GB.net.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Okay that Replay software is brilliant - I am now kicking myself, I probably could have recorded that GQ live stream if I had had this yesterday, doh.

What Replay software? Do you mean Real Player or is it a different one? I have Real Player but could not download the GQ awards. I couldn't download the Norwegian interview and I would really love that. I wish I could find something that worked.

Thanks,

Theresa

Someone mentioned Replay on one of the threads here, it is not free unfortunately,. the demo is, but I have been looking for a program that captures ALL THE POSSIBLE FORMATS with EASE for a while, converts them to any format you want and it also indicates it could capture live streaming events like that GQ live stream yesterday AND an ability to edit those videos. When I have time I'd like to edit those videos and put just the relevants bit together in one file. I have tried some free programs but didn't get the ease or results I was looking for. The Replay Media Capture picked up all the GQ videos in HQ with ease.

Someone mentioned Replay on one of the threads here, it is not free unfortunately,. the demo is, but I have been looking for a program that captures ALL THE POSSIBLE FORMATS with EASE for a while, converts them to any format you want and it also indicates it could capture live streaming events like that GQ live stream yesterday AND an ability to edit those videos. When I have time I'd like to edit those videos and put just the relevants bit together in one file. I have tried some free programs but didn't get the ease or results I was looking for. The Replay Media Capture picked up all the GQ videos in HQ with ease.

Great, I'll look it up.

Thanks,

Theresa

I don't know if you gals know it yet but Mel (Abrock) has already got the Gerry and Craig vid in multimedia! Just go there and download it! I'm not sure about the other though!

:wave: Frannie

I'll just rely on you and Mel for mine. :lol: I don't have any patience for this stuff.

Can you share the GQ video with us? And maybe the Oslo interview for me since I couldn't get it to play for me? :metoyou:

I feel like such a technotard sometimes, how do I share that file, upload it to photobucket or such and give a link? I think the files are too big to email unless I zip them? Not that I know off hand how to do that either. My problem is I have 50% of the knowledge when I need 100% bwah.

Sometimes news videos don't hang around for long so it is nice to have the capability to grab things right when you came across them.

Well it was a lot easier with xp and internet explorer, even if the videos were already done with, I could always retrieve them from my temp files and convert them to a videofile, oh I'm talking about flashvids now

I used to be a real pc-geek but ever since vista came out, I just wasn't interested in it anymore.

Being here on the board is a good way to look these things up again ;)

I feel like such a technotard sometimes, how do I share that file, upload it to photobucket or such and give a link? I think the files are too big to email unless I zip them? Not that I know off hand how to do that either. My problem is I have 50% of the knowledge when I need 100% bwah.

Sometimes news videos don't hang around for long so it is nice to have the capability to grab things right when you came across them.

I guess you could save it to PB or some other video hosting site . No clue.

I'm sure we'll get all of the Germany and Oslo stuff in the MM as soon as Mel can. :)

Craig had Jena Malone on tonight and discussing her new movie "Sucker Punch" she mentioned it's a Zack Snyder movie - Craig joked oh I've seen all his films. Jena pointed out he did "300" which caused Craig to get excited and say his friend Gerry was in that movie - he then proceeded to tell the audience that he's know GB for a long time and those were not his abs, that GB hates doing sit-ups!"