Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Songbird

10/29 - Not An Ordinary Citizen

Thank you, Bailey!

This article is about South Philly native Reno Laquintano, who played Gerry's prison cellmate, in Law Abiding Citizen.

South Philly Review

In part...

The audition tape would later become infamous, after Laquintano became friends with co-star Gerard Butler and told him casually over lunch he had no idea he was walking into an improv audition. Butler — who became a mentor, friend and confidant to the young actor — was awed and spread the news around set.

“Jamie Foxx stopped me in the hallway one day and said, ‘I saw those things on that tape. That was crazy! You keep that up!’ I just heard some really great [feedback],” Laquintano, who found everyone on the film a joy to work with, said.

The good vibes kept coming from all directions, including director F. Gary Gray, who told the newbie to be “proud” of all he had accomplished, and Butler, who patiently answered any questions and put Laquintano completely at ease.

“I can’t say enough about Gerry. The man’s amazing, he’s an amazing person, just who he is — beautiful inside and out that man,” Laquintano said about Butler, who insisted on financing the struggling actor’s trip to the film’s L.A. premiere.

Allow ME to be the FIRST who emotes about how much I LOVE GERRY!!!

:whome2::wuv: Yes sir!

Katie, thanks for posting that. I was already feeling mushy today and that just tipped me over the edge.

Very sweet and not surprising at all. :hug1:

What a terrific article! I had no idea who the guy who played Gerry's cellmate was. How cool that he was a local guy and an acting newbie! Good for him!

And to Gerry may I say :wuv:

I am so verklempt, I could almost cry. This man, this incredible Gerard Butler, everytime I read something about him, he just gets better and better! What a dear, sweet, wonderful man and a stellar human being. That does it. I want him more than ever now!!!

Oh Damn, I'm all misty eyed over the beauty of Gerry's heart. What a delightful man he is and how very, very special! It makes me so proud to be on his bandwagon! *sniff*

Suzie

How nice!!! Gerry just gets better & better in my eyes. :yourock: Mr Butler

This guy must have been nervous. Such a big thing for him.

Never a bad word is said about Gerry! He is the real thing through & through. I am so happy that success never went to his head. It is just part of the job like a good performance review & raise in pay! I just love the man!

That is so Gerry to give a helping hand and encourage others to go for the pie in the sky. I wish Reno all the best life has to offer and his dad and child also.

Sally

WOW - you don't often find that our dream man is beautiful inside and out. What a sweet/generous heart. :yummy: mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This was a great article! Besides the wonderful light it cast Gerry in, I was truly intrigued to hear about this actor's story. I also think it's so great that what he used in his improv audition ended up being written into the script! Have to admit, that was a great line. :)

Steph

That is Gerry; a true, honest guy with a beautiful heart.

This is truly "paying it forward". Someone gave Gerry a chance and now he's returning the favor.

Yep, I'll bet there'll be a roll for dad and soon.

Gerry, for all the wonderful things you do for everyone, this one's for you!

:drink:

Luv ya, babe!

We've all known forever that one of Gerry's best assets is his

sweet spirit and caring heart.

He definitely has it all. I'm so glad this young man brought this

to light for the rest of the world to see. It kind of gives Gerry's

naysayers a little kick in the pants. I love it.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I can't add too much more than what's already been said....This wonderful man has a :hearts: as big as all outdoors! I just feel so much love and respect for him I can't put it into words...

:wave: Frannie

I'm not at all surprised that Gerry has helped Reno out...it sounds just like something he would do, to take this young man under his wing. He even paid his way to the premieres! Gerry's generosity has no end. There were some friends who met Reno at the after party in LA and said what a nice guy he was. He deserves to go far! What a great article, thank you!

:yay::wuv: