becozy

10/30 - Gerard Butler - GQ's Men of the Year 2009

yahoo.de Gerry is going to be honoured as one of GQ's Men of the Year 2009

in Munich on Tuesday night. (next Tuesday I presume) AND

They also write that they entire event will be

shown live on the internet on GQ.com

more in post below

This translated by google translator from German yahoo:

München (ddp). Hollywood actor Gerard Butler will be crowned on Tuesday (November 3) in Munich was one of the "Men of the Year 2009". The 39-year-old Scot receives the award, which is awarded for the eleventh time on the men's magazine GQ, "in the category Film International. "

With starring roles in" The Naked Truth, "" Gamer "and" Act of Vengeance Butler had been in the past few months the same for several major productions for the camera, and thus to count the currently most successful performers, founded the magazine on Friday for his choice. His new film "Act of Vengeance", a thriller with Justice Oscar-winner Jamie Foxx, is on 19 November in the German cinemas.

Butler was known to a wide audience through his role as Spartan King Leonidas I in the comic book adaptation "300". Even in movies like "The Phantom of the Opera" or "Rock'n'Rolla he worked with. The "Men of the Year" take their awards on Tuesday evening in Munich's Haus, contrary to art. The gala will be broadcast live in full on the Internet at GQ.com.

As another winner Stefan Aust is already firmly in the category of media. In recent years, among others, actor Nicolas Cage, honored fashion designer Giorgio Armani and race car driver Lewis Hamilton.

This is odd. Although I can find more than one source indicating he's to receive the award. This "international film" award is not listed on the GQ site and Gerry is clearly NOT listed among the "22 men and one lady" already announced... :confused:

Go here

http://www.gq-magazin.de/

It is for GQ Germany - he is on their home page

Nice slide show

http://www.gq-magazin.de/galerien/gerard-butler/6043/0

[nothing new really but still nice collection]

PS They need to make him do a new photoshot, just saying. Sure he'll be dapper for the event.

PSS Some rumblings about GB being at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend, Brad Pitt, supposely, too, apparently Abu Dhabi is trying to attract more and more of the Hollywood crowd, so it may just be name dropping, the Grand Prix itself looks like a big deal though, if I were GB I'd try and get there if invited - lot of potential movie investors, lots of rich folks with oil money - always got to be thinking ahead, bwah. Except that's a long plane ride.

Edited by lavender1960

Go here

Nice slide show

OHHHHHH! THANKS FOR THE LINKIES!!

Here's additional information translated by google re the broadcast:

The award ceremony "GQ Men of the Year" will be broadcast in full length on 3 November from 19.00 clock [LINK TO TIME ZONE CONVERTER] live on GQ.com. The site is already an extensive background will find special reports and videos of the highlights of the gala from 2008. In addition, the online editorial team in real time twitter from the event.

This year the Munich Haus der Kunst, the venue for the evening gala, the Sony Ericsson, Thomas Sabo, Hamburg-Mannheimer Invest, Boss perfume, T-Home, Wöhrl and Microsoft as partners. Mercedes-Benz is presenting the VIP shuttles, and home to the Mandarin Oriental's famous winners and prize-givers.

Using the time-zone converter above, I was able to determine that 19.00 in Munich on 11/3 = 12:00noon CST (or 7 hours behind Munich). SO for the Yanks the times would be:

10a = Pacific

11a = Mountain

12p = Central

1p = Eastern

6p = UK

Go here

Nice slide show

PS They need to make him do a new photoshot, just saying. Sure he'll be dapper for the event.

PSS Some rumblings about GB being at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend, Brad Pitt, supposely, too, apparently Abu Dhabi is trying to attract more and more of the Hollywood crowd, so it may just be name dropping, the Grand Prix itself looks like a big deal though, if I were GB I'd try and get there if invited - lot of potential movie investors, lots of rich folks with oil money - always got to be thinking ahead, bwah. Except that's a long plane ride.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the voices selected for The Ugly Truth were close to the original in depth. Of course, (I'm so quick) I went through the whole article and clip before noticing the translate button at the top! Thank goodness, I'm use to me.

Wow really cool!

Thanks for all the info Gals, and time conversion too!

Cheryl

Way to go Gerry!! I remember the days when we all were hoping Gerry would be recognized let alone win something. Those days are over.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I hope we'll get to see video and pictures from this event. What a nice honor for him! He's racking them up lately. The boy is certainly on a roll.

Guest Kyriem

I hope we'll get to see video and pictures from this event. What a nice honor for him! He's racking them up lately. The boy is certainly on a roll.

Yes, he is!! I'm glad he's starting to win some awards...

Go Gerry! Go Gerry!! :woo:

2009 has been a great year for our man! And things can only get better for him. :rockon::dancer:

MMmmmmmmmm Jeannnnssssssss... :thud:

Boy, Gerry has a very busy few weeks coming up. I hope he gets some down time with his family.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Boy, Gerry has a very busy few weeks coming up. I hope he gets some down time with his family.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Luckily there is a gap between the Oslo premiere and the one in Glasgow so let's hope he gets some well deserved rest and visits with his family.

:hearts:

~HUGS~ Kathy

Luckily there is a gap between the Oslo premiere and the one in Glasgow so let's hope he gets some well deserved rest and visits with his family.

:hearts:

I second that!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

All this makes me think of all the flying he does. His frequent flyer miles must be stupendous. (Is that a word spelled correctly?) I hate flying. Not so much the flights themsleves, just the stressful airport experiences. I have to go to Germany on Nov. 21, and I'm already dreading it. (Going to be a grandma for the first time on the 4th, Nov. It's a C-section so we know baby girl's birth date.)

Anyway, I think this is such an honor for him. It's so great seeing his success. But, can you imagine being on an international flight and having HIM on the same plane and knowing it? I wouldn't know quite how to handle it. Ask for an autograph? Pretend I don't know who he is? Throw myself on his seat? Turbulance, you know. LOL.

Shut up on a plane with him for nine hours. What would I do?

Yes, he is!! I'm glad he's starting to win some awards...

The award I want to see him win, because he certainly deserves it,

is OSCAR. I am holding my breath for LAC. His performance in this

on surely warrants it.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

way to go Gerry! he always looks the part in no matter what he wears.

Did you noticed that "LAC" is being called "Act Of Vengence" there.?