Gerard Butler GALS

10/30 - Gerard Butler - GQ's Men of the Year 2009

becozy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His speech was so chopped up with the choppy film that I couldn't follow his thoughts. Is that true for the rest of you? Frustrating!! But he looked so handsome in that beautiful suit!!

Kathy

He looked GREAT!!! But what did he say? I hope there is a transcript out in the future. I would love to know what he said.

Kathy

Yeah, he looked great and I will need the transcript too. I couldn't listen to anything he said, bad streaming...

I just watched Mr. Gerard Butler accept his GQ International Award. If anyone would have told me a year and 1/2 ago that I would watch a foreign video in a foreign language for 21/2 hours to hear a Scottish movie star give his acceptance speech, I would have laughed myself silly. To contemplate it would have been beyond my imagination. Well, needless to say, I just did and was thrilled to see it. I did notice that they know how to pronounce his name which must seem refreshing to him!

May he many more awards. Bravo, Mr. Gerard James Butler!!

His speech was so chopped up with the choppy film that I couldn't follow his thoughts. Is that true for the rest of you? Frustrating!!

It was choppy everywhere I think!! Really frustrating!!

But I'm really happy we could see him in Europe for once!!

Is this true...Did he say in the beginning that after viewing all of those movie clips why isn't his bank account bigger? That's the only thing I could follow completely.

Kathy

Yes he did. And he didn't get the reference to breaking up fights in pubs [probably because he started them] and said that was normal in Scotland wasn't it in Germany? He was fired as a lawyer but wasn't sure he was proud of that. I think Bob Geldof was on the other side of Gerry and he pointed that out.........quite excited to see Bob there, so was I.

Yep I called it purple suit is a rocker

Edited by lavender1960

:funnyup: Well, remember the face, then!!!

Gerry was full of jokes on stage. I would be willing to bet that his bank account is not hurting these days. :lol:

That was the incident. I also think he was joking about his bank account. I think it is just fine.

Kathy

Is this true...Did he say in the beginning that after viewing all of those movie clips why isn't his bank account bigger? That's the only thing I could follow completely.

Kathy

I guess this is his favourite joke of late. He has already said it in two different radio interviews that I know of. :-)

Theresa

I need a transcript of his acceptance speech. So much laughter going on and I missed most of what he said. So frustrating!! I want to see what silly things Gerry said. He always does.

Kathy

:funnyup: Well, remember the face, then!!!

Gerry was full of jokes on stage. I would be willing to bet that his bank account is not hurting these days. :lol:

I love love love his face when he tells that story.

So intense :gah:

I can't wait until someone gets a vid.

I love when he is nervously funny!

Kathy

I guess this is his favourite joke of late. He has already said it in two different radio interviews that I know of. :-)

Theresa

Gerry's Scottish. They think of money all of the time. I know because I'm Scottish.

Kathy

Kathy

Theresa

Gerry's Scottish. They think of money all of the time. I know because I'm Scottish.

Kathy

Really?? Even if someone is as wealthy as Gerry??

Kathy

Theresa

Kathy

Really?? Even if someone is as wealthy as Gerry??

Yes, the Scots are very much aware of what it feels like to not have money and if they get it they respect it and hold on to it. Remember Gerry did not come from a family with much money. Although he does like to buy things for himself and he is very generous with charities and strangers. Remember the money he gave to strangers while at the Vets so their dog could be saved by an operation? The Scots are good people.

~HUGS~ Kathy