Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sav8821

Burns in Pre-Production!

I was on IMDb looking something up and I noticed first that Teacher Man is no longer listed In Development, but now Burns is listed in Pre-Production. Director and Writer are both listed and G as Burns, but no other details!!!!

:pointy:

Edited by sav8821

Oh I hope this is true!! For entirely selfish reasons, and for Gerry too! Thanks sav!

Awesome! I hope this gets rolling soon. I was just thinking today (after watching Dracula) that it's been awhile since Gerry played a title role. :kisswink: Plus, I love poetry. I've been trying to find a book of Robert Burns's poetry, but none of the bookstores have one! I guess I'll have to buy online, but with things like poetry books, I generally prefer to page through it and see what it has to offer first.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of people anxiously awaiting Burns, so I'll cross my fingers that IMDb has this one right!

Steph

This is great news! I hope its so...

This is GREAT news!!

And they are showing a 2010 release date...

Awesome!

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Great news! thanks for sharing :)

God let this be true and they do this already!

Isn't 2010 release a bit early?

Isn't 2010 release a bit early?

I imagine it depends on what they are going to do with the film, how long the shoot takes, how much of the "pre-production" stuff has been completed, etc.

They have been working on this project for quite a long time... maybe they are further ahead of the game than we know.

And of course, release dates change all of the time. That is just the time currently listed.

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Just read this blog which suggests that Gerry has "snubbed" the role of Robert Burns.

http://deadlinescotland.wordpress.com/2009...-scotland-2074/

No idea if there is any truth to this report.

Swannie

I don't believe it for one second. If Gerry would drop out it sure as hell isn't for THOSE reasons. The ONLY reason I can see Gerry pulling out would be, and I hate to say this, but he's too "old" to play the lead role.

As for the IMDB report, I hope it's true. Now that Gerry has the money and the means to make his dream role come true I really hope he's given the chance.

Edited by phoenixgirl

.....or, he's gotten tired of waiting around for all the pieces to come together, and he's moved on. But to say he's "snubbed" the role is just plain BS. I'm sure that if Gerry has decided not to play Burns, he has a good reason.

I hope there is some confirmation one way or another very soon.

Swannie

Just read this blog which suggests that Gerry has "snubbed" the role of Robert Burns.

http://deadlinescotland.wordpress.com/2009...-scotland-2074/

No idea if there is any truth to this report.

Swannie

I read this, too, this morning. My gut reaction is "consider the source." I shouted at my moniter, "you filthy stinking liar" as if that would make it disappear! Seriously, I don't believe he has snubbed Burns. Perhaps due to the copious delays it may have become impossible for him to continue planning on the project, but I don't for a minute believe he has "snubbed" it. Just more outrageous hype by the media, in my opinion.

I find so ironic that this blog blurb came out around or at the same time that Burns if finally listed on his IMDb page. I believe IMDb has to get either the agency or manager representing the actor to confirm reports of new projects before they can be listed on IMDb.

I agree with Lisa! No way he would turn his back on Burns because it's no longer on his radar and too above him as the article makes it sound. I also feared for the age thing with Burns. Same fear and now reality I have had with Outlander.