Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

11/1 - Scottish Screen confirms Butler not filming Burns

It's probably in our MULTIMEDIA Section!! ;)

Here:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...mp;showfile=143

This is also the "And I'll be givin' it!" and the "DON'T say it, don't say it!!" clip.

Ah, those were some good times!

I will be the first to admit I don't know as much about Robert Burns and Scottish people as many people do. However I think Gerry should do what he wants to with his life.

Slide is his project the second for Evil Twins if I am not mistaken. You know he is going to enjoy making films he picks out and I think because what he went through with his own father this film might mean more to him now.

I just want him to be happy and to go where his heart leads him.

I am sorry for the GALs that were looking forward to this project. :rose:

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

AAAHHH well.... to me it's a wait and see thing soooooooooooooooooooooo I'll wait and see! :p

:wave: Frannie

Here:

This is also the "And I'll be givin' it!" and the "DON'T say it, don't say it!!" clip.

:funnyup: You are right about that too! When Craig warned Gerry about asking the audience if anyone had a "room" he could stay in until he got settled in. "They won't be little old ladies who will offer you a cup of tea and not want something in return for it!" Gerry answers; "Yes; they'll be asking and I'll be givin..." or words to that effect. They brought down the house in laughter.

I also liked his Leno with Queen L on it when she said to Gerry; "Awww you mean you had to shave all by your self?" I have an avatar made with that one where they danced in their seats... Oh the good old days....sigh! Heck my first introduction to the entire "Gerry" mania came from the old Warner's Brothers board; now there were some wild times over there ; tears and laughter...

I will be the first to admit I don't know as much about Robert Burns and Scottish people as many people do. However I think Gerry should do what he wants to with his life.

Slide is his project the second for Evil Twins if I am not mistaken. You know he is going to enjoy making films he picks out and I think because what he went through with his own father this film might mean more to him now.

I just want him to be happy and to go where his heart leads him.

I am sorry for the GALs that were looking forward to this project. :rose:

Love,

Tracy

Good thought, Tracy. I hadn't considered that Gerry's experiences with an absent--then suddenly reappeared--father might make Slide more special to him. :)

Steph

Here:

:wuv:Thanks Songbird; I watched it again and laughed just as hard at it as the first time . They were some of the best interviews; so down to earth and friendly.

you know, I was really looking forward to Burns, I`m hoping that Gerry`s people have infact denied such rumors he is dropping out. I trust Gerry`s word over that of a source he has had trouble with in the past. And until Gerry says other wise, then I will continue to poll for Burns to happen.

I look forward to the proposition of his other movie project "Slide". I like that aspect of a father reconnecting with his child and can see why such a project would appeal to Gerry on a personal level. Its tough not having a father around, and I know how Gerry feels from that perspective, really I do.

Reported on Twitter today : @gerardbutlernet Gerard Butler asked by fans about Burns outside the '09 GQ Men of the Year Awards & says "it will happen."

I guess Burns is still on Gerry's agenda! :)

Yes, the ones who were watching yesterday have heard him say it ;)

The fans asked him: "what about burns"

And he replied: "Burns is going to happen"

Now, if Burns would happen without him, I'm sure he'd say that, but with an aswer like that, I think I may assume that he is indeed involved :)

If it makes Gerry happy it makes me happy. If he wants to sing us the telephone book I am game.

That's what I say about my favorite Soap Stars. Like I said before I am not that big into Scottish Culture and only have read a few of Robert Burns poems.

I don't mind if Gerry makes films as a Scottish Person, an American Person, a French Person or as a Martian.

I don't care if he loses his Scottish Brogue.

It is a fact of life wherever you live you will start to talk like the people you are around.

Gerry spends most of his time in NY and LA now, plus he has had to work on his American accent because most films are about Americans. That is where it is more lucrative.It doesn't mean he doesn't love Scotland. It means he is a good business man.

I am sure his culture is near and dear to his heart, however I don't think anyone should think him less Scottish if he follows his dreams wherever they lead him. He should do whatever makes him happy.

This may all be for naught, because as far as I have read in this thread nothing has been confirmed by Gerry.

I don't think the Scottish Press should be so cruel to him. It's his life let him live it.

I am sure whatever films he makes will be great.

I don't mean that just for Burns either if the POTO sequel gets made into a movie and Gerry does not feel like wearing the prosthetic again, training his voice for months again and decides not to play Erik I would be sad, but I would support his decision and remain his fan.

Love,

Tracy

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Reported on Twitter today : @gerardbutlernet Gerard Butler asked by fans about Burns outside the '09 GQ Men of the Year Awards & says "it will happen."

I guess Burns is still on Gerry's agenda! :)

Thanks, Danie!

:kiss:

I know many of us want to see Burns happen and we want Gerry to play Rabbie. The thing we must face is that Robert Burns died at the age of 37 and most of the love story occurred when he was much younger than that. If the film is delayed much longer, Gerry may consider himself too old to play the part and only concentrate on producing while a younger actor plays the lead. (Remember the flack he caught from trying to play a 20 something Gerry Kennedy during the flashback scenes from PSILY?) You all know how much I adore Gerry, but we gotta be realistic. I'm sure Gerry is.

Suzie

Pairsonnally, I don't care whether he stars in, produces or directs the thing - Gerry gives 100 percent to every role he plays and every hat he puts on. If he's involved in Burns, you know that whatever role he plays will be good.

As far as I'm concerned, Gerry is gonna be hot when he's 80. The next Sean Connery. Bastid is still all kinds of sexy.

Robert Burns was ill, over-worked and and heavy carouser. He did not look 'youthful' himself. The portraits people idolize were painted posthumously and idealized. And aside from the sniping from a few fans and bloggers, there was no 'thing' over the flashback scenes in PSILY. The general public, who had no ax to grind and just enjoyed a sweet movie, were fine.

I'm not vested in 'Burns' happening or not happening. Too much has been put on its shoulders at this point that I doubt it will ever meet expectations. But if Gerry wants to do it, and makes it happen, he will be fine in the role. Audiences will accept him because he has the talent and the power to excite imagination. Most of the actors out there, male and female, are "too old" if held to a literal, imagination-less standard. Age is not the issue. Marketplace viability for a film about an 18th century Scottish poet is.

Jane

I'm not vested in 'Burns' happening or not happening. Too much has been put on its shoulders at this point that I doubt it will ever meet expectations. But if Gerry wants to do it, and makes it happen, he will be fine in the role. Audiences will accept him because he has the talent and the power to excite imagination. Most of the actors out there, male and female, are "too old" if held to a literal, imagination-less standard. Age is not the issue. Marketplace viability for a film about an 18th century Scottish poet is.

Jane

Neither am I, Jane. I only push for it because of how much Gerry has seemed to want to get it made in the past. If it's still his heart project, then I hope he gets it done. I didn't even know who Robert Burns was until Gerry. But now that I know all the contributions he made to the world, it would be wonderful to have his life story told by someone who is from Scotland.

I just wonder now if it's just going to be put on hold because he has so many other things in the fire! I will be looking forward to it for Gerry's sake if it is still something that he wants to do....but I will only be interested in it if he plays the role himself as RB! Other than that it's not a type of movie that I am interested in...but then again neither was POTO!!! :lalala::doh: Lac and TUT or more my type. I'm sure he wouldn't say it will happen if it wasn't true!

:wave: Frannie

Yes, the ones who were watching yesterday have heard him say it ;)

The fans asked him: "what about burns"

And he replied: "Burns is going to happen"

Now, if Burns would happen without him, I'm sure he'd say that, but with an aswer like that, I think I may assume that he is indeed involved :)

There's a joke about what happens when one "assumes." LOL

As a lover of "bonnet movies," there are no words to describe how badly I'd like to see Burns make it to the screen -- with or without The Man. "Gerry as Burns" has been dangled in front of me for all these years and it has been a sweet torment. However, I also appreciate that, by Hollywood standards, I'm no longer in the ideal demographic. Alas, I'll continue to protect my wee flame of hope that one day I'll get to plunk down my money in support of such a project.

Upon hearing his response, GALS could have easily sent out tweets, along with the other sites. However, IMO, the others were remiss in tweeting the statement as if it clearly refutes reports. Nothing about his response indicated that he is involved, or NOT involved, with Burns as it stands now. As always, the status of this project remains a mystery.

Posted Image

I know many of us want to see Burns happen and we want Gerry to play Rabbie. The thing we must face is that Robert Burns died at the age of 37 and most of the love story occurred when he was much younger than that. If the film is delayed much longer, Gerry may consider himself too old to play the part and only concentrate on producing while a younger actor plays the lead. (Remember the flack he caught from trying to play a 20 something Gerry Kennedy during the flashback scenes from PSILY?) You all know how much I adore Gerry, but we gotta be realistic. I'm sure Gerry is.

Suzie

:funnyup: Many actors are made to go from one extreem to another age wise with all the make-up and (no surgery) face lifts they have today. On Oprah I've seen it over and over where they take a lady who has sun bathed and smoked all her life then they give her a (No sugery) face lift and she looks years younger! I however do not see Gerry as "looking" that old since I am going on the big 60 in February and jog 1 hour a day still...I never smoked or drank hard stuff or tanned in the sun for years like all my friends did back in the day....Today; they regret that they didn't take better care of their health but Gerry is one fiiiiine looking fellow in my books! :drool1::wuv: Not that I am into "cougaring" like Demi Moore though... I often wonder what Gerry thinks of though when he hears that old ladies such as my self are facsinated by him? I wonder if he shudders at the thought? :eek::flee:

There's a joke about what happens when one "assumes." LOL. . . .

Upon hearing his response, GALS could have easily sent out tweets, along with the other sites. However, IMO, the others were remiss in tweeting the statement as if it clearly refutes reports. Nothing about his response indicated that he is involved, or NOT involved, with Burns as it stands now. As always, the status of this project remains a mystery.

It was confirmed with his management, prior to his statement, that he had not abandoned the Burns project as the Scottish blog had indicated.

I really don't know what more people want.

Jane

Perhaps it's just me, but being "involved" and having the lead role are not exactly the same thing. I agree with Spot re: G's statements. He said it would happen, but he didn't say if he would be involved and if he was to be involved, to what extent his involvement would be. Perhaps those details are still being worked out and we just need to be patient and see what happens. :kiss:

~ D

I've often imagined that Gerry might play the story from the perspective of the older Burns narrating with that beautiful voice in flashback from a youthful Burns up to his current age, reciting verses of his work. Awww, "sigh"! And by the way, Gerry is only within a few years of Burns' age when he died. We all know he died but it doesn't even have to be a part of the movie. It could just end with him developing a bad toothache. :funnyup:

I don't know why everyone thinks Gerry is too old? Back then, life was rough and people aged quickly and even with all of that in mind, remember Brad Pitt's seventeen done by computers? I don't worry about Gerry doing the lead. He can do it! Forty is the new thirty, remember or is it the new twenty?

Oh and by the way. I don't think Gerry would be put off at all by the idea of older women adoring him! Some can be pretty hot actually, Cougars or no! I think it's sad when a woman who is past a certain age, starts considering herself an "old woman". People will perceive you how you perceive yourself. Striving to keep your body fit and young is great, but it's just as important to keep your mind youthful and to be young at heart! :kisswink:

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I've often imagined that Gerry might play the story from the perspective of the older Burns narrating with that beautiful voice in flashback from a youthful Burns up to his current age, reciting verses of his work. Awww, "sigh"! And by the way, Gerry is only within a few years of Burns' age when he died. We all know he died but it doesn't even have to be a part of the movie. It could just end with him developing a bad toothache. :funnyup:

I don't know why everyone thinks Gerry is too old? Back then, life was rough and people aged quickly and even with all of that in mind, remember Brad Pitt's seventeen done by computers? I don't worry about Gerry doing the lead. He can do it! Forty is the new thirty, remember or is it the new twenty?

Oh and by the way. I don't think Gerry would be put off at all by the idea of older women adoring him! Some can be pretty hot actually, Cougars or no! I think it's sad when a woman who is past a certain age, starts considering herself an "old woman". People will perceive you how you perceive yourself. Striving to keep your body fit and young is great, but it's just as important to keep your mind youthful and to be young at heart! :kisswink:

Delene

:donjuan: You are so sweet Delene; and you are right too. I heard Gerry say that he likes women of all shapes and sizes and ages (up to a point lol). I don't know why but every time I see him in a movie; the little Tigger in me can't help but let out a little "growl"... :grrr: But of course in a good way... :wuv:

:donjuan: You are so sweet Delene; and you are right too. I heard Gerry say that he likes women of all shapes and sizes and ages (up to a point lol). I don't know why but every time I see him in a movie; the little Tigger in me can't help but let out a little "growl"... :grrr: But of course in a good way... :wuv:

I'm with you on the "growl" thing, May! He does something to me and touches something so deep down, it never ceases to amaze me!

You know, Gerry's all about trying different things, acting in different genres and experiencing a variety of roles. Maybe he's yet to experience the more mature woman. He'll never know until he tries though, right? ;):cunning:

:kiss:

Delene

:drool1: I guess we all need something to dream about eh? Although; I'm guessing that for Gerry; in a room filled with 60 year old women; it might seem more like a nightmare! Lol.. :eek::escape::doh: