Gerard Butler GALS

BONNIE'S CRUSHIN' ON GERRY

I wasn't sure where to put this and I didn't get the whole story, but I just flipped on the TV on to Bonnie Hunt and she had "texted" someone and was nervous about having hit the "send" button. I just knew it was Gerry when she started talking about Jessica Simpsom and she layed the phone down and went on with the show when it rang. She looked down and it was from G. Butler because she showed it. She was all nervous and excited singing, "it must be him". It was so funny! Gerry supposedly replied, "are you fooling around with me?" and sent a picture of a a buff bod but I don't think the pic was him!

I unfortunately got in on the middle of all of this and I was wondering how she got his number? Hmmm! Anyway, it was a funny bit and I wish I'd seen it in it's entirety. Damn!

Maybe this is a rerun and has already been posted but I just about died laughing! BONNIE IS DEFINATELY "BUTLERIZED!"

Delene

Well, while I was here starting this thread, I guess something else happened and I missed it!

I went back to the TV and all I caught was Bonnie holding the cell again and saying, "I'm just going to turn this off now". So perhaps he was texting her again or something......DAMN AGAIN!

I watched the show to the end and she picked up the cell and said something about her "feel good moment" being when she thought Gerard Butler was texting her. It could have been all a joke.

I was hoping I could go over to her site and get a replay of the show for today because what I missed in the beginning of the show was probably crucial to the whole thing!

Hope someone saw it today and can clarify! :tantrum:

Delene

OK. I just watched the bit on the site. I couldn't make out what was on the text but Bonnie is the one who asked if someone was messing around with her. I'm listening right now to the next segment to see if the cell rings again. I want to see what made her shut it off. It could all be a joke. They shouldn't joke like that if it was!

Edited by GBPhanatic

OMG I just watched this on the site and I was laughing so hard I was crying - she is hysterical!

Now I know this could be a skit for the show, but this just seemed to natural for even the most natural comedians... seemed genuine, which makes it funnier!

Someone in the audience asked if she'd been out with him before, and she was about to answer, but someone else yelled something out, and I couldnt quite make out what was said, could anyone else?

The part with the camera /boob shot was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny I wish we could save flash!

OK. So I watched it again and the date is Nov 4 on the text and Gerry's not in the country! It's a joke. Never did hear her confirm it was but I think it was all a joke.

But I think she's smitten anyway. Gerry should call her just to throw her over the edge!

Someone needs to call Bonnie and make her an honorary GALS!

I thought Bonnie was married but so what, right?

Delene

OK. So I watched it again and the date is Nov 4 on the text and Gerry's not in the country! It's a joke. Never did hear her confirm it was but I think it was all a joke.

But I think she's smitten anyway. Gerry should call her just to throw her over the edge!

Someone needs to call Bonnie and make her an honorary GALS!

I thought Bonnie was married but so what, right?

Delene

ROFL it was still very funny, very well played LOL

Ill go with it being a joke too! LOL

Im just dying to know what the audience member said, because it was apparently very funny everyone laughed, and I missed it LOL

I'm thinkin' I'll be watching the show tomorrow and see if she reads my email! I've no doubt she's gotten plenty of emails from other Gerry fans and members of sites inviting her to join but maybe she'll read mine on the air for fun in follow up to the spoof. I explained what GALS stood for and that we all understood and I think she'll love it and I signed off with my own GALS ID name! She should call herself "Hunt4Gerry" when she joins! :funnyup:

Delene

She had a pretty sad/nasty divorce a couple of years ago. I don't think she has children.

In any case, I haven't seen this new clip, but I have seen the episode with Gerry going on like 30 times now, LOL!!!!! They were so adorable together and had a geniune affection for one another (I mean in a paltonic way of course). Not just her that seemed smitten with G, but G seemed to enjoy her as well and you can tell how comfortable he was in general. That is to date my favorite G appearance on a talk show!

Also, it is fair to say G can text from anywhere in the World so he could have texted her from say Germany or Oslo. When I travel to Asia or Europe I text alot more than I call. It's easier and the texting helps with the time zone difference. I hope they have him call in or on the show soon. I know from Twitter that two of her female producers are very 'fond' of G. They are still talking about how charming and handsome he was. One of them said that was her favorite day on the set and the next day the got nothing done at their preproduction meeting since they were all still gushing over the "Scottish Storm". Love that!!!! :wuv:

Edited by sav8821

She had a pretty sad/nasty divorce a couple of years ago. I don't think she has children.

In any case, I haven't seen this new clip, but I have seen the episode with Gerry going on like 30 times now, LOL!!!!! They were so adorable together and had a geniune affection for one another (I mean in a paltonic way of course). Not just her that seemed smitten with G, but G seemed to enjoy her as well and you can tell how comfortable he was in general. That is to date my favorite G appearance on a talk show!

Also, it is fair to say G can text from anywhere in the World so he could have texted her from say Germany or Oslo. When I travel to Asia or Europe I text alot more than I call. It's easier and the texting helps with the time zone difference. I hope they have him call in or on the show soon. I know from Twitter that two of her female producers are very 'fond' of G. They are still talking about how charming and handsome he was. One of them said that was her favorite day on the set and the next day the got nothing done at their preproduction meeting since they were all still gushing over the "Scottish Storm". Love that!!!! :wuv:

Silly me! It's in the afternoon in Europe! Duh! Anyway, I'm just loving it! He can so discombobulate any female so easily (as well as a few males)! Here's my email to the show:

Today you had a strange text message supposedly from Gerard Butler. I'm a huge fan and belong to a group of other obsessed and addicted fans called Gerard Butler GALS. The "GALS" stands for "Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome" and we were wondering if you would like to join our group? Then you can "lust" right along with the rest of us! Trust me, we understand!

Love your show and please have Gerry back on again in the near future!

Hugs and kisses,

Delene

aka GBPhanatic

He probably gave her his number.

She is quite taken with him.

My dad calls me every time to tell me she talks about him on her show or just mentions him alot.

:lol: It's so cute.

Bonnie's hilarious too!!

I'm glad they hit it off too, he's such a charmer and she is so funny!

My dad interrupts me in class to tell me Bonnie just mentioned Gerry!

I think she'll get a kick out of our name GALS! That's right up her alley! I love it that she used to be in the medical field too. That's certainly a profession that will have you taking the rest of the world not too seriously!

Hope this does evolve in to something! We could become as famous as our beloved Gerry! Hey, I'm seeing the future! How about inviting Gerry back on the show with a bunch of us GALS! How many do you think the studio could hold! :funnyup:

I think, too, that if Gerry did not really text her and hears about this, he should call her for real! She'd hyperventilate!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I'm watching Bonnie right now and she just got the text and said Oh my God it's Gerard Butler and showed it to the camera.The message read What r u doing 2 night.When it buzzed the second time she started singing Let it please be him oh dear lord it must be him.

Then she asked are you guys messing with me.She's hysterical.But I do believe she's been bitten by the Gerry bug.(minds out of the gutter) :lol:

Posted Image Peggy

Edited by chachababy

You have to understand that when I first saw the show, I missed anything that eluded that it was Gerry and I just KNEW it was all the way up to where she said "wait a minute you guys, it's Gerard Butler". I thought.... I KNEW IT!

When I heard that he was going to be on her show I just knew Bonnie would be smitten! She's SO A GAL!

Delene

She should absolutely join us on here!! And I love the idea of having a GALS only studio for Gerry's next appearance! Instead of just the standard interview, they could come up with a variety of games and activities, and have a gal come on stage and participate for each one! Kinda like a GALS field day! :D

GALS is the best website on the internet (not just the best Gerry fansite!), so it's about time all the world knew about us!

Steph

I think it was a comic bit set up between Bonnie and Gerry for laughs, but I do think she was acting and knew the call was coming... and yes I DO think it was really Gerry.

Here is my take: I think Gerry and Bonnie hit it off when he guested on her show and have become good friends. Gerry's visit on her show must have been highly rated, so they are both enjoying the on-going joke of Bonnie's crush on him. Very sweet!

Swannie

I just watched the whole show and yeah....she played a prank on her staff and they played one back on her......she said something about it feeling like what her brothers did to her when they told her some boy she liked had called and her mother had to stop her from calling him back by telling her the truth.

However...that being said the fact that they picked Gerry instead of some other actor to use in the prank must mean that she IS crushing (like the rest of us) on Gerry...lol

hugs,

Sue