Gerard Butler GALS

Is Gerry PEOPLE's sexiest man alive?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa a dinner date? Hope we aren't having steak!!! But then again I wouldn't mind going to Delfrisco's with him on my arm!!!

DelFrisco's is a real place? :lol:

Oh yeah I ate there,Great asparagus and steak.I had the same meal he pratically had in the movie.It's around the corner from City Hall.They catered the set a lot while they filmed the movie.It was one of Gerry's favorite restaurants supposedly.Most of the cast were there at the Philly screening in between shows,as the Prince Music Theater is in the middle of the block.The idea to include them in the movie had to be one of his rewrites....

Whoa a dinner date? Hope we aren't having steak!!! But then again I wouldn't mind going to Delfrisco's with him on my arm!!!

DelFrisco's is a real place? :lol:

Oh yeah I ate there,Great asparagus and steak.I had the same meal he pratically had in the movie.It's around the corner from City Hall.They catered the set a lot while they filmed the movie.It was one of Gerry's favorite restaurants supposedly.Most of the cast were there at the Philly screening in between shows,as the Prince Music Theater is in the middle of the block.The idea to include them in the movie had to be one of his rewrites....

HA! That's very cool. And he wrote that scene so I'm sure using them was Gerry's idea! :D

I couldn't find a way to submit a comment either. Oh well, the "title" always seems to go to someone with a movie to promote in November. Clooney has 3 movies coming out in the next month or two, Pattinson has New Moon (sorry to all the RPat fans but I don't get it) - and Gerry's film is already out and his next won't be until March. I'd say that makes his chances pretty slim.

For me HE is the winner.I don't care who People magazine picks.If he is selected they better have a SMokinG Hot cover picture of him and I do mean it better be a smackdown dropdead gorgeous close up of those eyes and a killer smile!!!! They better do him justice or I will not be a law abiding citizen!

I couldn't find a way to submit a comment either. Oh well, the "title" always seems to go to someone with a movie to promote in November. Clooney has 3 movies coming out in the next month or two, Pattinson has New Moon (sorry to all the RPat fans but I don't get it) - and Gerry's film is already out and his next won't be until March. I'd say that makes his chances pretty slim.

This is what I said, too. But you never know ... things seem to be going Gerry's way lately so let's stay positive. :)

I'll be very surprised if Gerry wins because People Mag has ignored Gerry in the past. But I will be keeping my fingers crossed and will enjoy it even more if he does win.

I'm really upset that some of you can post and I and many others can't because there is no submit button to click on. Why is that? Gerry would be getting even more comments if we were allowed to comment.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I'll be so disappointed if Gerry doesn't win... it seems like no contest to me, and not just because I'm a Gerry fan. Clooney has never held any appeal to me, and what is Robert Pattinson, like 15?! I don't think you can be the Sexiest Man Alive until you're old enough to know how to please a woman right.

Steph

Where there is a will there is a way. I got on Firefox and was able to finally post a comment for Gerry. The submit button shows up on Firefox. :yay:

~HUGS~ Kathy

Rob Pattinson is 23....which although is not that young,also isn`t a man in my book. Yes, New Moon is coming out very soon,but when it comes to something like Twilight, the over-all franchise and name of it, its so much bigger than just the actors in the movie itself. George Clooney is terribley over-rated and really it seems as though Clooney, Pitt, Damon...theyre all in the same little club. Its Gerry`s time to shine for once instead of the same re-hashed, boring celebs in that magazine.

I hate to say this, but I'm sure the choice has already been made by the People people. It's not that far until the 18th, and I'm sure the layouts, etc. have already been done. Perhaps the magazine is having people write in for the remainder of the magazine, so whether or not Gerry gets the cover he will surely be included in the list of the sexiest men in Hollywood. And hopefully with a color spread and not just a little pic and a blurb.

I'm not giving up hope by any means; just trying to not be disappointed and angry if he doesn't get it. I hope to be proven wrong. :)

Does he even want it? The cover guy has to agree to it. I don't know, but it's become more of a joke the past years than an 'honor'. I mean, Mario Lopez? (That was a year they couldn't get an A-lister to agree to it.) If Jackman hadn't had "Australia" out I wonder if he would have agreed to it. It hasn't helped him any. Personally, I think Gerry would be better off long-term without it.

Jane

I was thinking the same, Lisa...this late in the game it's probably a done deal but at least they have the comments mostly all for Gerry! and maybe a page for Gerry. :wuv: I would buy the magazine just for that! If not, then no deal for me.

Does he even want it? The cover guy has to agree to it. I don't know, but it's become more of a joke the past years than an 'honor'. I mean, Mario Lopez? (That was a year they couldn't get an A-lister to agree to it.) If Jackman hadn't had "Australia" out I wonder if he would have agreed to it. It hasn't helped him any. Personally, I think Gerry would be better off long-term without it.

Jane

I don't think it's for the celebrity but more for the fans. I also think that Gerry could use some positive publicity, if you catch my drift. So I would guess he would agree to it. It's something that is mainstream and it's pretty well known; why wouldn't he agree to it? I'm sure it's not something he's seeking out, but I can't see any reason why he would say "no, I don't want that." Not now in this stage of his career while his star is on the rise.

Same here, Diane. I didn't buy it for the past two years (even with Hugh on the cover). If Gerry gets a good color spread instead of the cover, I'll definitely buy it this time.

Who knows? Unless someone asks him directly we're all just guessing anyway. We'll see what happens soon enough. :)

Edited by phoenixgirl

I don't think it's for the celebrity but more for the fans. I also think that Gerry could use some positive publicity, if you catch my drift. So I would guess he would agree to it. It's something that is mainstream and it's pretty well known; why wouldn't he agree to it? I'm sure it's not something he's seeking out, but I can't see any reason why he would say "no, I don't want that." Not now in this stage of his career while his star is on the rise.

Maybe he wouldn't object but I don't see it as that positive. It has become a source for a lot of ridicule. Damon didn't want it at first but was talked into it and then deliberately treated it as a big in-joke to blunt criticism. For those who read something other than tabloid garbage (this is not a dig at you, Lisa, just a general observation) there is plenty of positive publicity out there on GB. "People" is no longer the tabloid-free publication it once was. It reinforces a lot of the lies and inventions of the rag press. It has become one of the pack. And I think at this stage of his career he'd like to position himself as an accomplished actor and not reinforce the stud muffin/hunk identification he's been saddled with. That's what this cover really is, afterall, Hunk of the Year by a popular tabloid publication. A cover on Vanity Fair or GQ or Total Film or Empire, yes. People? This fan could live without it. :p

Jane

Edited by Jeb

I know you weren't digging at me, Jane. :kiss: I do want to say, however, that I don't read any gossip; it just shows up when you are a Gerard Butler fan and have all your searches and tweets, etc. set to send you with Gerry's name in it (and sometimes I have to turn it off because I can't stand it). So I get both. He IS receiving very good responses about his performance in LAC, as well as kudos for choosing to do Coriolanus.

Honestly, I don't think he cares one way or the other. I wonder if Hugh Jackman, who I consider a way better actor and way better looking than Matt Damon, felt the same way about being named SMA. Maybe those who are die-hard Jackman fans (Susan) can fill us in if they know.

I think we would go round and round on this, and someone will bring out the dead horse emoticon and blah blah blah - we know where this is going. It'll be interesting to see what happens. If he's not named, I won't be pissed off, but maybe just a tad disappointed. I don't see it as a matter of prestige by any stretch of the imagination; just a bit of recognition. I agree that Gerry probably would rather be recognized as an actor and not a hunk, but let's face it - even he capitalized on that for the opening monologue of SNL. I think he can have both, just as Hugh Jackman and a few others do.

Eleven more days and we'll have our answer. :)

Success at last. I finally got to comment on the People site!

When I got home this afternoon and thought about the problem again, I remember that a month ago I had downloaded Google Chrome by accident. It's still at the bottom of my screen, so I used it and voila, there was the submit button! Isn't it funny how something won't show up with plain old Google but does on the new improved version. It' some kind of plot, I just know it!!!! LOL

I'm not quite a "die-hard Hugh fan" - he was my second-favorite after Gerry (now he is third because Adam Lambert came along) but I've never belonged to or even visited any of his fansites so I have no clue how he felt about the title last year. I figured as in most past years he accepted it as part of the PR for Australia. I think over the years that is all it has evolved into - whose publicist barks the loudest to get their guy on the cover JUST at the time he has a big movie hitting the screens.

Speaking of GQ - if Gerry got one of their Man of the Year awards when the heck is he going to be on the cover of that???? I'd much rather see a big beautiful photo spread and interview with him in GQ, or Details.