Gerard Butler GALS

Shattered (aka Butterfly on a Wheel)

Having a broken leg and staying at home has a small benefit: a lot of friends take turns in keeping you company and you get to watch Gerry movies with them. It's very refreshing to see other people's reactions.

Last night I watched Shattered with a recently butlerised friend. I was also watched it with a fresh eye. This is an amazing thriller, wonderfully acted by the three major characters and full of unexpected twists. My friend even said that she was at the edge of her seat, always trying to guess what was happening and that she enjoyed it even more than LAC! And she was blown away by Gerry's performance.

So my question is, why was this film never released at the theatres? I mean, Pierce Brosnan is a big name, he was even bigger at the time. Does anyone know the story behind this film? Gerry must have been very disappointed? Has he ever made a reference to it?

Also do you know when this film was made? Was it before or after 300? When was it shown on TV and released on DVD?

Thanks,

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

I don't know all of the specific details of this movie but I believe it was filmed before 300 in 2005 or 2006 (because the jacket he wore was raffled off at a convention I went to in '06) and it was released directly to dvd....you can find it at redbox and it is actually showing in the freezone of Cox Cable company here in Arizona and I have seen it on Showtime as well. I think the reason it didn't get wider released was simply a distribution issue. Hope this helps!

I don't know all of the specific details of this movie but I believe it was filmed before 300 in 2005 or 2006 (because the jacket he wore was raffled off at a convention I went to in '06) and it was released directly to dvd....you can find it at redbox and it is actually showing in the freezone of Cox Cable company here in Arizona and I have seen it on Showtime as well. I think the reason it didn't get wider released was simply a distribution issue. Hope this helps!

Thank you. It's a shame, it's a very good movie.

Theresa

BOAW was filmed in Canada, after 300. If I recall correctly, he'd just wrapped when he appeared at our 1st convention in 06. (Gerry regaled us with stories of getting injured during a crash scene after Brosnan taunted him with "even my grandmother could do this stunt." After all was said and done, Gerry and Pierce both suffered serious whiplash and it took Gerry quite a while to recover.) All sorts of hubbub was connected to BOAW - from editing to re-writes to distribution. When it was released straight to TV! (not even DVD) as a fanbase, we were quite perplexed. You can get a feel for just some of the "issues" by reading through the petition threads.

Hope your leg heals and you're back to being yourself soon!

BOAW was filmed in Canada, after 300. If I recall correctly, he'd just wrapped when he appeared at our 1st convention in 06. (Gerry regaled us with stories of getting injured during a crash scene after Brosnan taunted him with "even my grandmother could do this stunt." After all was said and done, Gerry and Pierce both suffered serious whiplash and it took Gerry quite a while to recover.) All sorts of hubbub was connected to BOAW - from editing to re-writes to distribution. When it was released straight to TV! (not even DVD) as a fanbase, we were quite perplexed. You can get a feel for just some of the "issues" by reading through the petition threads.

Hope your leg heals and you're back to being yourself soon!

Thank you for the info and the wishes.

Theresa