Gerard Butler GALS

Creative Contest Voting Results

jenn

The votes have been tabulated!! The first place winners of the first round of voting have moved on to the final round. The names are being withheld until final voting is over. Please vote here for the overall winner.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...showtopic=29470

The second place winners for each category are as follows...

Artwork - Posted ImageShamrocked!!

Siggy - Posted ImageDragon Slayer!!

Short Story - Redroseblackribbon!!

DESTINY

The year was 1969. The young Scottish lass sat back in her rocking chair and gazed down at the perfect angel in her arms. Just days before on the 13th of November, she was blessed with the birth of the beautiful baby boy cradled against her breast.

She had known the minute she laid eyes on her son that he was special. Not in the sense like most new mothers think their babies are special, but she had a deep rooted feeling in her heart that he would touch many lives one day.

As the newborn stirred and opened his eyes, her breath caught in her throat for they were the most angelic she had ever seen. She leaned closer and whispered to her son, "promise me, little one, that you will always hold me dear in your heart and never forget the land you were born of. I know you'll make me proud someday. You are destined for great things. I can feel it in my heart." A smile crept across the child's face as if to acknowledge her sentiments.

Forty years later, the same woman sits next to her grown son. Her handsome, yet humble son with the same angelic eyes that have always taken her breath away. As he gently squeezes her hand, she admires the impressive man he has become. He might have lost his way a few times, but he had found his calling, and now sits in this theater with distinguished colleagues, now one of the most recognized and admired of them.

Her heart thumps as he smiles down at her. A voice from the stage echoes across the hall. "AND THE AWARD FOR BEST ACTOR GOES TO....". As his name is read, he turns to her and wraps her in his strong arms, kisses her cheek, and wipes away a joyous tear as he steps toward the stage to thunderous applause. As he takes the award and steps up to the podium, he has to check his emotions before he can speak. He had dreampt of this moment since he was a boy, and now it was reality.

"Wow! I can't believe this. I'm so honored.Thank you so much. My fans....you're the best. Thank you for staying with me all of these years. I never thought I'd get here, but someone special always told me to follow my dreams, never give up, and do special things with the gifts given to me. Whenever I come to a fork in the road, all of them lead me home to Scotland, to the one person I hold dearest in my heart forever and always. I couldn't have done this without her. I love you, Mum."

A tear trickled down his cheek as he held the golden statue above his head and blew a kiss to his mum as he stepped away from the podium.

:bounce:

Congrats to each of you!!

Jenn

Thanks Jenn,

Posted Image for the votes for my Gerry Birthday drawing.

Congratulations to the winners who move on to the final round.

Congrats to all who submitted an entry--winners all!

:hugs:

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked