Gerard Butler GALS

11/10 - Gerard Butler Nominated For Action Star in 2010 Peoples Choice Awards

framolamdu

Gerry has been nominated as Best Action Star in 2010 Peoples Choice Awards

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/awards/200...award-noms.html

Action star: Christian Bale, Gerard Butler, Hugh Jackman, Shia LaBeouf, Vin Diesel.

You can vote here - http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/

Well done Gerry

Moira

Voted......couldn't find him as favorite actor though...looks like Old Brad will prolly get that one again..This is getting monotonous! Same thing with favorite comedy.... :tantrum: I can't believe The proposal beat out TUT! I love SB and her comedy but I saw this movie and I didn't find it as funny as her usual stuff! than again Ryan Reynolds is the new Hot stuff now... Oh well ....guess I'll get as many votes in for our guy as I can but I'm still pessed!!

:lalala: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Mornin',

I'm on my way to school to take more pics of 'Gerry' in another process of his coing to life as a bronze statue. Thought I'd check out what's been going on while I have been in the art world. I have voted for the few people that I like and the one person that I love, and now I want to know how often we can vote for our Gerry without it being "illegal"? I will vote as often as allowed while I am home, so please let me know!!

More pics of our G-Man will be on the art section later this afternoon!! Enjoy!!

Hugs To All,

Jo

Would Gerry want to win this? Just asking. I know it's a people's choice but would this pidgeon hole him to an action genre/figure? I would much rather vote for him to win a people's choice award for best "everything" actor, if there is such a thing. Gerry's done more things then action and the only recent one that comes to mind is Gamer. I think Gerry prefers to stay away from being type cast. To me, someone like Vin Diesel is the action star as that's about his only genre just like Arnie and the Rock. I don't want to see Gerry fall in to that catagory. He's got more depth than that. If it can't hurt, then I'd vote. I'm not sure though just voting for Gerry because we love him is doing him any favors. Now if it would get him the next James Bond, then maybe but it looks like ol' DC has that sewn up, at least for now.

Delene

D, I said this before and I still believe it. I think things like this are more for the fans than for the celebs. I don't think this carries any weight when it comes to the DGAs, GGs or Oscars. This is just what the fans want.

But you have to think that while he may not really care if he wins, I bet it's kinda cool for him to be considered. Even if it's just for the few seconds that he hears it, thinks about it and then forgets it. :)

The poll has allowed me to vote 3 times today. I think it is legal as long as it is accepted. I don't think it will allow you to vote, but so many times... Also, about action star award.... a lot of his fans , including myself, were adding his name in every category he was eligible, favorite comedy actor, favorite comedy movie and collabration for TUT, favorite actor, favorite drama-LAC, but he was not added. So, at least he is there for Action Star, so I am voting. He is my favorite actor - period... but this is the only one he is eligible for, so I am voting. I think a few years ago, Johnny Depp won favorite action star, the same year Gerry was eligible for 300 - so go figure. :wave:

I do not think this would pidgeon hole him, and he has never let himself be pidgeoned holed, bwah. As you recall as well, the people are the ones that also chose the nominees.

If you look at the other nominees, many of them are not what I would consider typically action types, not like Jason Stratham or Vin Diesel or Stallone or Swartzenegger when they were making movies.

I mean Shia LaBoeuf??? How did he get into that category? Clearly more a function of the movie or movies you are in this year.

I never think of Christian Bale as an action guy because he has also done some very diverse roles like Velvet Goldmine, American Psycho - I love that movie and so funny now Bale says he patterned it on part on Tom Cruise, bwah and The Machinist. I can't watch that last movie for more than a few minutes, he looks so emaciated and pathetic. Think Gerry would do that for a role? Bwah. And Bale has bulked up and then starved himself several times - not good for your overall system and perhaps not for your temperament.

Edited by lavender1960

D, I said this before and I still believe it. I think things like this are more for the fans than for the celebs. I don't think this carries any weight when it comes to the DGAs, GGs or Oscars. This is just what the fans want.

But you have to think that while he may not really care if he wins, I bet it's kinda cool for him to be considered. Even if it's just for the few seconds that he hears it, thinks about it and then forgets it. :)

I think the fans do carry weight and what we think affects some of the decision making process in Hollywood, afterall we are the ones who are the consumers, especially when someone is considered for certain roles. I may be over thinking things, which I often do, but I think he would probably be quite appreciative but might he wonder why his fans saw him as an "action hero". That's all I'm thinking. We'd vote him best fried mars bars eater if there was a catagory I guess. Gerry was a great King Leo but his ability to show a depth of emotion and sensitivity is what I feel are his strengths, like in LAC and Phantom. You can only do "action" roles so long. I'd hate to see him typecast.

Delene

I just checked Peoples Choice 2007 and that was the year Johnny Depp won Action Star for Pirates, also he won favorite actor and collaboration with Keira for Pitrates. Vince Vaughn won favorite Lead Actor. Go figure. Gerry is going to keep doing all types of roles - no one will pigeon-hole him.... Hopefully soon, he will be listed in all the categories as he very well sould be. :pointy: Just my humble opinion.

ME!!!

"Whatever Gerry wants, Gerry should get!!!!!" I love him no matter what, who or how he plays whoever he plays. Just play them to the best of his ability and I am always there, no matter what!! He's my ultimate movie star man!!!

Jo

I just checked Peoples Choice 2007 and that was the year Johnny Depp won Action Star for Pirates, also he won favorite actor and collaboration with Keira for Pitrates. Vince Vaughn won favorite Lead Actor. Go figure. Gerry is going to keep doing all types of roles - no one will pigeon-hole him.... Hopefully soon, he will be listed in all the categories as he very well sould be. :pointy: Just my humble opinion.

If Gerry won for 2009 would it be for Gamer? Guess I don't understand the concept.

Delene

If Gerry won for 2009 would it be for Gamer? Guess I don't understand the concept.

Delene

Yes, I would think it would have to be Gamer. Kinda funny since it didn't do that well at Box Office, although I saw it 4 times and thought Gerry was great. He was very physical in this - alot of action....He was really bulked up for this one and looked great... There was a lot of action in LAC, but not physical action - this was more of a drama/thriller.... and TUT was a romatic/comedy. He did work hard in this one and put a lot of demand on his body, so maybe ACTION STAR award, would make it worth it...