Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Interview In Norway

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved that interview.. and you know I think Gerry is very attracted to her! There was just something different about him in this one. He liked her!! Loved the hug and kiss at the end! Sweet.

And said it would be easier to date someone who wasn't an actress. .. That's good thinking! :music:

I had to install the silverlight plug in and it played fine after that.

But, a terrific interview. Gerry gave a lot of insights into what it’s like for him. And why we should never believe anything from the tabloid press. Even the minor blurb about his taking his Mom’s jelly everywhere was false. And you add up all the silly fabricated relationship stuff that seems to spew out on a regular basis….And he’s right, those tabloids are piranhas! I have a lot of admiration for Gerry; he manages to be himself throughout this onslaught and does not hide himself away, just keeps living his life as he sees fit. He’s a class act all the way.

A great interview. Anyone who thinks the media nonsense doesn't bother him, that he's "OK" with it, should play this one over and over. Like so many things in life, until you actually get it, you don't know what 'it' will really be like. And if the only alternative is to give up what you love doing the most, you learn to live with it, the unwarranted attention, unpleasant though it may be.

Jane

Edited by Jeb

If you notice that interviewer is in the cute picture to the right, with Gerry at the Oslo premiere, not quite sure what he is doing, with that apparently Fergammo suit on, though Tom Ford has almost the same suit in his collection, those designers must all steal from each other, so question is was that before or after the interview. Intelligent questions also helps your mood for sure. Ah the translation says the interviewer had already interviewerd Gerry before in London for RocknRolla. She did a good job.

There is a cool Canadian chick, her name is Melissa DiMarco. She is an actress also former TV entertainment news reporter who put them together in her own show - she really interviews celebrities but it is in the context of her own TV show which is basically a comedy made to look like a reality show, the behind the scenes look of a TV entertainment news reporter. Funny show and I just caught a snippet of her interviewing Gerry, and just the snippet looked very funny on one of the fan videos. I'll bet it is in the archives here somewhere. I think because it is for a TV show she puts more thought into her questions and she tends to be rather flirty herself. Ha.

Back to the interview, I think that if people didn't keep bringing up the questions, you could ignore the crap to a degree because you know what to avoid in terms of the print and TV medi and I don't understand how anyone who is a true journalist and did their homework before an interview would even ask him about any of the rumours he has clearly already denied categorically in public. All you have to do is take about 15 - 30 minutes tops on Google and you are basically caught up on all that.

It is really sad though when even an innocent story about the blackberry jam is false. But wow incredibly insightful [NOT inciteful duh] and introspective.

Edited by lavender1960

Fantastic interview, great insight. Very fun to watch him go from being flirty and fun to introspective and serious and still have just that silver of little boy innocent vulnerability. Thank You Eva and thank you Sue for sharing it! :hug1::kiss:

I guess I have to wait because none of the three things would work for me. That's okay. I know Mel will get it as soon as she can. :)

Boy, for not hearing hide nor hair from Gerry (thank goodness) this sure is a busy Gerry week. :lol:

Lisa

First, :thankyou: EvaMari and Irish for the post!

Second, I LOVE the way the light shines through his eyelashes when they shoot him from behind.

Third, WHAT A GREAT INTERVIEW! 16 minutes of ear AND eye feckin with some genuinely interesting questions!

How do you people get these videos? I tired Internet Explorer and Firefox and I even downloaded the plug-in and nothing..... :tantrum: Is there a place you have to click on and since I don't know the language I also can't read the instructions.

Kathy

oh my that is why I admire Gerry! This interview is quiet & nice. He is introspective & profound. He has a wonderful life that he dreamed of & worked hard for. I don't get that he feels he has missed out on a personal life. He is so busy! He maybe is a little more careful of what he says & does but he is essentially the same person he has always been. Smart, funny, warm hearted. I do love him!

Even the minor blurb about his taking his Mom’s jelly everywhere was false.

I thought perhaps that might be a partial fabrication but the part about her blackberry jelly is true, isn't it?

Delene

Third, WHAT A GREAT INTERVIEW! 16 minutes of ear AND eye feckin with some genuinely interesting questions!

I second that! Interviewer was engaging as well as engaged; she subtly steered the conversation but mostly just let him talk. (Thank you Dorthe!) I think this is my new favorite.

Edited by Hobbes

I thought perhaps that might be a partial fabrication but the part about her blackberry jelly is true, isn't it?

Delene

None of it is true- in the interview he refers to “strawberry jam” but says it’s all made up. It’s cute and harmless but wrong. Anytime an item like this appears without attribution, no direct quotes from anyone like say Katherine Heigl: “Gerry does the cutest thing...” you can bet the farm it’s a fabrication.

By my guess about 85 per cent of the gossip that’s published from so called gossip sites based on the account of unnamed sources about Gerry is fake or taken out of context and exaggerated for effect. Unfortunately that stuff goes viral very quickly and is picked up by one blog after another, tweeted and retweeted and people believe it.

Delene

None of it is true- in the interview he refers to “strawberry jam” but says it’s all made up. It’s cute and harmless but wrong. Anytime an item like this appears without attribution, no direct quotes from anyone like say Katherine Heigl: “Gerry does the cutest thing...” you can bet the farm it’s a fabrication.

By my guess about 85 per cent of the gossip that’s published from so called gossip sites based on the account of unnamed sources about Gerry is fake or taken out of context and exaggerated for effect. Unfortunately that stuff goes viral very quickly and is picked up by one blog after another, tweeted and retweeted and people believe it.

But I never go to those sites, I don't tweet, so I must have heard it right here on this one somewhere. Oh well! :unsure:

Delene

That's the thing that blows me away. People believe it. Even some very loyal fans believe it. It must be very disturbing to have lies printed about you, and yet no matter how many times you deny those lies, people will believe the lie and not what comes out of your own mouth.

The downside of celebrity. Following Gerry has made me rethink EVERYTHING I hear about other celebs too.

Swannie

If this is true, it's freakin' adorable ... :wuv:

http://newsblaze.com/story/200909262201030...a/topstory.html

Gerard Butler carries blackberry jelly with him wherever he goes.

The 'Ugly Truth' actor is a huge fan of the sweet conserve his mother makes, and never leaves home without a jar.

A source told the National Enquirer magazine: "Gerard surprised folks at a coffee shop in New York when he placed an order for some toast, then reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a jar of homemade jelly. He explained it's his mom Margaret's recipe and she ships it to him wherever he is from Scotland. He said he'd never tasted anything as good."

The 39-year-old actor was so keen to show off his mother's culinary skills he offered everyone in the eatery the chance to sample the preserve.

Gerard Butler carries blackberry jelly with him wherever he goes. The 'Ugly Truth' actor is a huge fan of the sweet conserve his mother makes, and never leaves home without a jar.

Read the entire article:

from: http://entertainment.stv.tv/film/126010-ge...rve-collection/

How simply adorable.......I can just picture him sharing his Mum's jam......Sarabeth's in NYC is famous for her jams could be Mrs Coll's blackberry jam will start a new trend. He is just too sweet.

Well folks, it was in the "RUMORS" thread. It seemed so........real! I bet Brad Pitt doesn't carry around a toilet seat either. That really did sound fishy! That should have been the tip off right there!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

That was a great interview and very insightful into what he really thinks about his celebrity. It is obviously getting to him about all the rumours that get published out there and it is true what he said with the internet it is out and around before you know it. Twitter etc is a prime example that your movements will be broadcast from anywhere in the world.

She actually asked alot of questions that I always felt were a bit off bounds so good for him for being so open and honest.

Moira

First GREAT interview! I adore this man!!!!! He is the most real, articulate and gracious actor, celeb I have ever encountered!

My thoughts were she likes him....ALOT! She steered the questioning about women in his life through the entire interview in a few different and calculating ways. He called her beautiful in the clip from the London RnR press junket and it seems he flirted with her pretty hard core at the time. Se then goes on to say how she didn't get that same vibe or flirtacious Gerry at the premiere the LAC night before this interview.

I would say if Gerard Butler flirted hard core with you just a year before this encounter and called you "so beautiful" and seemed very smitten with you as he did seem in that brief clip of the RnR interview, it stays with you and why now. Also, didn't you find it interesting that they even included that clip from the RnR interview??? IMO, she was kinda hoping he was into her and maybe, just maybe something might come of it. ...and who knows maybe they did have that coffee she used as a coy (or trying to be coy) example of Gerry's dating life.

It was a fun interview and I really liked her intensity. She wants him baaaaaaaaad!

Edited by sav8821

First GREAT interview! I adore this man!!!!! He is the most real, articulate and gracious actor, celeb I have ever encountered!

My thoughts were she likes him....ALOT! She steered the questioning about women in his life through the entire interview in a few different and calculating ways. He called her beautiful in the clip from the London RnR press junket and it seems he flirted with her pretty hard core at the time. Se then goes on to say how she didn't get that same vibe or flirtacious Gerry at the premiere the LAC night before this interview.

I would say if Gerard Butler flirted hard core with you just a year before this encounter and called you "so beautiful" and seemed very smitten with you as he did seem in that brief clip of the RnR interview, it stays with you and why now. Also, didn't you find it interesting that they even included that clip from the RnR interview??? IMO, she was kinda hoping he was into her and maybe, just maybe something might come of it. ...and who knows maybe they did have that coffee she used as a coy (or trying to be coy) example of Gerry's dating life.

It was a fun interview and I really liked her intensity. She wants him baaaaaaaaad!

She's married with two kids. But hey, I don't blame her!

Delene