Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Interview In Norway

irish

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else cringe when Gerry made the comment about his girlfriend and how the first time he appeared in public with her as his date, the on-line bashing that followed truly hurt her feelings? I sure remember, when even on THIS site, a few fans posted rude comments about Bianca's physical appearance. I can't imagine the ugliness that was posted about her on un-moderated sites, and I'm just glad GALS has a policy of no bashing Gerry's dates or friends.

Now we know from his own lips that he 'sometimes' reads what peeps say about him, and that any woman he publicly dated would be subjected to that same kind of ugliness.

Shame.

Swannie

Can anyone tell if there is somewhere on this site a link to contact them to (a) congratulate this lady for what is probably the best Gerard Butler interview ever and (b) to ask them to put it on YouTube so that lots and lots of people can see her great work? She has other stuff on YouTube already.

Theresa

I managed to put a comment on that page with pretty much what I wrote above. I went after the text of the interview where it says "Din Kommentar" and wrote my message and then put the title where it says Tittel on the left and my name where it says Navn. I also put my e-mail address in the last box. Then I pressed " Legg til" and it worked like magic. Maybe more GALS can do the same. I also saw that there is an e-mail address of the reporter who wrote the relevant article and I will write to him unless I manage to find Dorthe's e-mail address first.

Go on, why don't you do the same too? This interview deserves to get as much attention as possible.

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

Okay....!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...showtopic=29574

After much hard work from Barb and Stuart, it's available!

Edited by Abrock
The interview in MM is the edited version, we're still working on the full one....... thank you all for your patience!

Guest sugarbee

Did anyone else cringe when Gerry made the comment about his girlfriend and how the first time he appeared in public with her as his date, the on-line bashing that followed truly hurt her feelings? I sure remember, when even on THIS site, a few fans posted rude comments about Bianca's physical appearance. I can't imagine the ugliness that was posted about her on un-moderated sites, and I'm just glad GALS has a policy of no bashing Gerry's dates or friends.

Now we know from his own lips that he 'sometimes' reads what peeps say about him, and that any woman he publicly dated would be subjected to that same kind of ugliness.

Shame.

Swannie

Yes, I did. I personally think she is beautiful. Any woman that he will appear with will get this though and he knows that now if he didn't before. So she will have to have very thick skin. Which is sad.

Barb, Stuart, and Mel--THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for getting this WONDERFUL interview into

a format we can download. It is "one of a kind," and I want you to know how much we do

appreciate all you do for us.

Judy

Okay....!

YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb, Mel and Stu~ Y'all are our Media Heroes!!!

I think if I won the date with Gerry, I'd insist there would be no pictures taken!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Thank you for the download :) but it's not full, the entire interview is like 16:23 minutes

I'm asking because I don't know if the download got messed up for me, is it the same for everyone else?

It's a wonderful interview and it's upsetting that he has to suffer all the gossip stuff out there and that it might hurt him

Ah! The blackberry jam story was false too!

If anyone wants to view it try installing Silverlight from Microsoft that might help.

The interview in MM is the edited version, we're still working on the full one....... thank you all for your patience!

~Mel

How do you correct IMDB? Or Twitter? Or TMZ? His PR people put out positive interviews and feature stories and refute factually what they can but you always run the risk of 'protesting too much'. And the people who lap up the gossip aren't going to believe anything put out by his PR people anyway. It's insidious. But if he can learn to live with it, and ignore it for the most part, then we should be able to do it, too. Over time, people who matter will know who he is and the fools will continue to believe the garbage as they do about Tom Cruise or John Travolta or Jennifer Aniston or any of the other people we 'think' we know all about and don't.

jane

I don't know about the rest of you, but everytime I see a derogatory statement

about Gerry, I write a very good one. I rebuke certain statements, etc.

I sometimes sound as tho I know him Personally, but I don't care because

I feel like I do. I certainly know that I know more about him than whoever is

making the bad mouth statement.

I have joined more sites than I can count just to do that, just to put a GOOD

comment in to rebuke a bad one.

Maybe it doesn't do any good, but it can certainly do no harm.

Gerry is such a sweet spirit and works so hard for his craft, I simply

cannot sit quietly when I read something that is out of character about

this marvelous creature.

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE PUT THIS INTERVIEW ON YOUTUBE!!!!!!

I still have not been able to see it.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Okay....!

YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb, Mel and Stu~ Y'all are our Media Heroes!!!

I still can't get it to play. I can't open it in MM. Can anyone get it to

YouTube please?

Sandy

How do you correct IMDB? Or Twitter? Or TMZ? His PR people put out positive interviews and feature stories and refute factually what they can but you always run the risk of 'protesting too much'. And the people who lap up the gossip aren't going to believe anything put out by his PR people anyway. It's insidious. But if he can learn to live with it, and ignore it for the most part, then we should be able to do it, too. Over time, people who matter will know who he is and the fools will continue to believe the garbage as they do about Tom Cruise or John Travolta or Jennifer Aniston or any of the other people we 'think' we know all about and don't.

jane

this marvelous creature.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I've done the same thing, Sandy. Just to add some balance to the ugliness out there. The trick is to post and get the hell out of Dodge...and NOT read the surrounding comments.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

jane

this marvelous creature.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I hope there are MANY who do the same. I do read the

other comments so I can rebuke them. Some of them are just so unbelievable.

Thanks, Swannie, for letting me know you do the same.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I've done the same thing, Sandy. Just to add some balance to the ugliness out there. The trick list to post and get the hell out of Dodge...and NOT read the surrounding comments.

Swannie

I think that Gerry's way of dealing with his career, his fame, and the press seems to work out for the best. Yes, the tabloids do still print stories and outright lies about him, but he doesn't seem to have as much trouble as some other celebrities, because he's so (more or less) well behaved. Sure, he jokes and stuff, but basically with him what you see is what you get. His celebrity is very low-maintenance, as that's not his primary goal. He's not here to be a movie star, he's here to be an actor. And like he said, he doesn't walk around with an entourage, and he hasn't let success dictate the way he lives his life. I think he's done a fabulous job handling all of this, and I'm confident he will continue to do so in the future.

Steph

In terms of correcting IMDB, do you mean the entry itself or the message board. Because in terms of the actual IMDB entry, I would think that IMDB would take note of any requests and bend over backwards in respect to correcting or deleting incorrect information from management or the agent or the production companies. They need the co-operation of everyone in the business to ensure their database is the most up to date and accurate.

In terms of message boards, the only thing fans can do is try to negate the negative information but I think you have to do in a way that doesn't antagonize other people or you just ratchet up the negativity because that's how that mindset works. I think also one can send emails or comment on blogs and the like and comment that this is not true but again you have to do it in a way that is not equally inflammatory.

I myself left a message at a blog yesterday about a certain story about Jessica Simpson that has grown wings apparently. The other problem is I think sometimes the PR people of certain actresses are the ones floating this crap. The if I were GB's PR people I'd be calling their PR people and saying cut it out. If you can do that, people in Hollywood can be very grudgy.

I remember at another fansite for a different artist, so many fans piled onto a concert reviewer he got nastier and nastier though we rejoiced later when the guy was taken off the concert beat. Lainey the Canadian counterpart to Ted Casablanca on E! gets nastier the more fans complain depending on how you complain. She doesn't esp like GB but she has begrudgingly said nice things about him and didn't believe the Lohan story for one minute, I guess that's something.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the internet gossip crowd is still not that big in the overall scheme of things but the problem is if the tabloids pick it up or as what happens, journalists who didn't bother to do their research and find out GB has already denied these stories ask him questions in interview after interview. I would also guess that the majority of GB fans don't hear the majority of the stuff except when that happens and even then, most people are not that invested in their favourite actors and actresses. You like GB, he has a movie you go see it. Full Stop. You like George Clooney, he has a movie you go see it. Long as that person keeps entertaining you I suspect the majority of movie fans don't give a flying leap about the other stuff.

Not that is still isn't annoying to the actors and to the harder core fans. I like certain actors and actresses and I have no idea if they are married, or where they are from, and I don't frankly care. I just enjoy their work. Full stop.

Edited by lavender1960

Thanks so much to everyone who got this available and thanks to you, Stu, because the youtube version is the only one I could view.

This was a great interview, indeed, and he was very open and relaxed. She's a great "listener" which is a rarity in some interviewers these days. I think that's one of things Gerry appreciates about an interview and anyone who just listens to him and let's him speak.

I love the flirtatious and spontaneous and naughty Gerry, but I love this side of him too and it's the rare interview that we get to see him this way because of all the stupid questions he sometimes gets about his personal life that he has to "deflect". She had a way of disarming him, bringing out in him his viewpoints, and allowing him to open up about his feelings and expound on his personal life and views without making it simple minded and mundane. She'd make a great psychotherapist!

Delene

I'm still a little disturbed about the "jam/jelly" story! I wonder if, perhaps, this was something Gerry had said and forgot? I think he does say stuff sometimes and forgets he said it. Maybe he never did what was claimed but may have said it casually one time and it was overheard and someone ran with it! I'll cling to that notion for now and that the Easter Bunny doesn't lay colored eggs!

Delene