Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixgirl

TUT Deleted and Extended Scenes

SPOILERS .... in case you haven't watched it yet and want to wait to know until you see the DVD yourself - don't read.

OMG - the scene when they're reading his fan mail! HE LICKS HIS FINGERS! :thud:

He has so many other lines and scenes. :wuv: and he's soooo funny - the spazzy dancing - there's more!

And I'm sorry - they really should have left Alternate Ending #1 as the ending!!!

:poof: Holy shite ... I think ... I need to go to the Gutter ....

Edited by phoenixgirl

I like the second alternate ending (I'm happy they didn't use it though - agree with another's comment about it being "too happy" an ending"). Course I think they should have left in the extended scene of him walking around his new studio. The short scene that's in the movie left me thinking it wasn't hard for him to walk away from Abby. (I always felt like the movie wrapped too quickly.)

I can hardly wait for the day when technology affords the viewer the opportunity to edit our movies to include a cut using the alternate endings or sprinkle in a few deleted scenes!!!

Edited by Annissa

Omfb, I can't believe it--- FINALLY there's A GAG REEL on one of GERRY'S MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pointy::yummy::funnyup:

Absolutely HILARIOUS!! **spazzy dance** :rotflmao:

I think I need to go watch that about a hundred more times....

Star

I thought the second alternate ending made for a good special feature (good for those who wanted to see a little more to the story of Mike and Abby), but I'm glad it wasn't chosen for the film. It felt a little tacked on, too much of a "happy ending," and not really in keeping with the rest of the film. Still adorable though.

The first alternate ending would have been fun to see in the film. I liked the fact that Mike got to joke with the "you'll never know" instead of Abby doing it a second time. But, it probably makes more sense for it to be Abby's line when the subject matter is faking an orgasm. It's probably not true that if he was faking she'd never know... :lol:

Steph

I thought the second alternate ending made for a good special feature (good for those who wanted to see a little more to the story of Mike and Abby), but I'm glad it wasn't chosen for the film. It felt a little tacked on, too much of a "happy ending," and not really in keeping with the rest of the film. Still adorable though.

The first alternate ending would have been fun to see in the film. I liked the fact that Mike got to joke with the "you'll never know" instead of Abby doing it a second time. But, it probably makes more sense for it to be Abby's line when the subject matter is faking an orgasm. It's probably not true that if he was faking she'd never know... :lol:

Steph

:lmao: Yeah, I liked the symmetry in that scene too. :D

Watched my way through this tonight. I think I'm going to wear out the DVD from constant viewing ;)

Amanda

I have a feeling many of us will be buying MULTIPLE copies of this!

I knew the Extras would be talked about a lot after I saw them Monday night. It was terrible seeing them and not having anyone to talk to about them because I was the first to see them. I also thought the extended studio scene should have been the one in the movie so you could see Mike wasn't very happy about leaving. In the Gag Reel I loved the "I'm sorry, but I am really getting turned on". Then he and the crew laugh their heads off. I wish the camera was a little lower so I could see how turned on he got. Whoops!! That is gutter talk!!! It is hard to talk about these Extras without gutter talk. I loved all of Gerry's bloopers. He had a lot. Of course, Gerry touching Katherine's "titty" was adorable. Only Gerry could get away with saying that. I could go on and on. Thank you Abrock for putting the entire Gag Reel in the Over 18 video thread for download. That will save my DVD player a workout.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I already gave my finger quite a workout today!

...with the pause button, you pervs! :kisswink:

Steph

I'm so glad you knew what we were all thinking...Something to do with a bean....yeah....we're pervs! :p

Frannie

Thank you Abrock for putting the entire Gag Reel in the Over 18 video thread for download. That will save my DVD player a workout.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Thanks for mentioning that - I didn't realize they were over there!

jane

Wow, I loved all the extras and wished some of the edited versions of the deleted scenes could have made it into the final cut of the film. I thought they should have used alternate 1 as the ending, that was funnier and it showed how much Mike & Abby enjoyed each other. And I loved Mike’s enthusiasm as he reached over to turn off the light. Very sexy! Also the Wedding alternate could have been used as the end credits ran, sort of as a coda.

Who knew Mike had a posse? My thought as I watched them was that Mike was so ready for a serious relationship; he was the most grounded guy in his group!

I also liked the extended scene with Abby and Kevin Connelly too. It was funny!

And I have to say, even though Gerry may not have been at his physical best during the shoot of this movie, what with quitting smoking, assorted colds and dental work, he is still smoking hot! And his bearish, rumpled look is the perfect contrast to Dr. Colin. I’m so enjoying my second and third look at this DVD!

And I have to say, even though Gerry may not have been at his physical best during the shoot of this movie, what with quitting smoking, assorted colds and dental work, he is still smoking hot! And his bearish, rumpled look is the perfect contrast to Dr. Colin. I'm so enjoying my second and third look at this DVD!

Totally! I saw it 6 times in the theater, but I think I'm enjoying it more on DVD. My oldest son really liked it a lot, too. That says something. :lol:

I also agree that there should have been a hint of Mike's posse. It would have given him a bit more depth, but perhaps that's what they didn't want to do. Keep him a bit more flat than Abby's character.

Either way, I'm enjoying the hell out of this movie more than just about any other DVD of Gerry's movies since 300!

I have to add something - ladies, watch the Gag Reel with the SUBTITLES on! It's even more hilarious! :lmao: And when someone figures out what "Shuck" means, please let me know.

Edited by phoenixgirl

I agree that they should have shown Mike's friends some. I also think that the whole Rick agent thing would have made more sense if we'd known who Rick was BEFORE he was Mike's agent.

Plus, I got confused when I saw it in theatres because one of the publicity photos wasn't in the movie at all.

Posted Image

It was from the deleted scene of Mike with his friends at the bar... Anyway, we can superimpose them in our heads, at least. :)

Steph

OMG I cannot wait till I get it on DVD in Germany! Here it is still on theaters so I guess we have to wait a bit more. But next week I´m going to have a double feature...first LAC for the first time and then TUT again for the third time. :D

...And when someone figures out what "Shuck" means, please let me know.

[/b][/color][/font]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shuck

;)

Hello, I need to ask a favor: do any of you could make screencaps of the film? unless it is a disorder. Thanks :wave:

Wow, I loved all the extras and wished some of the edited versions of the deleted scenes could have made it into the final cut of the film. I thought they should have used alternate 1 as the ending, that was funnier and it showed how much Mike & Abby enjoyed each other. And I loved Mike’s enthusiasm as he reached over to turn off the light. Very sexy! Also the Wedding alternate could have been used as the end credits ran, sort of as a coda.

Who knew Mike had a posse? My thought as I watched them was that Mike was so ready for a serious relationship; he was the most grounded guy in his group!

And I have to say, even though Gerry may not have been at his physical best during the shoot of this movie, what with quitting smoking, assorted colds and dental work, he is still smoking hot! And his bearish, rumpled look is the perfect contrast to Dr. Colin. I’m so enjoying my second and third look at this DVD!

I did think that GB's face looked a little bit puffy, around his eyes mostly and I couldn't figure out why. I guess you just listed the reasons. Do you know when they filmed this? Didn't he quit smoking in '07, my guess? Details please :)

Edited by Annette

I did think that GB's face looked a little bit puffy, around his eyes mostly and I couldn't figure out why. I guess you just listed the reasons. Do you know when they filmed this? Didn't he quit smoking in '07, my guess? Details please :)

I was filmed in early 2008 right after Gamer. He had a sinus infection and was on medication.

Theresa

I was filmed in early 2008 right after Gamer. He had a sinus infection and was on medication.

Theresa

Poor baby. Thanks for the info, mystery solved.

Can someone copy and paste the link to the extended scenes? I haven't been able to find that chat room / forum/ ????.

Thanks.

I really enjoyed the extras on the dvd. The alternate endings were fun to watch. I thought the wedding scene was neat for the speech and the dancing. The Gerry version of the bedroom scene was very fun, maybe should have been in the movie. I loved the bloopers section, esp. when Gerry laughs at himself for getting "turned on".

Also, when they showed how they made the dance scene. I loved that, I thought they should have had that as a long, long scene, so sexy and lucious. When Katie H. was watching it on the monitor with Gerry, she turns away and "stage whispers" "He's so HOT!". I agree wholeheartedly. A man dancing is so sexy and then when it's Gerard Butler--it's off the charts.

I thought the cat was a very good "actor". I laughed at the deleted part when Katie falls from the tree. Also, in the Seattle Times, Jan. 1, they had a long article in the movie section "Dubious Achievements in Cinema" by Moira MacDonald. There are very unusual categories and the Cat from the Ugly Truth is listed in "best performance by an animal". Yeah. I agree!

I loved the bloopers section, esp. when Gerry laughs at himself for getting "turned on".

That man's "ON" switch is quite, shall we say, sensitive. Me like that!

Delene

I am thinking I saw this in the cinema about eight times, but I honestly lost track. I have now watched the movie and extras at least a billion times. I think part of the reason for this that he doesn't die, it's a happy and funny movie, and watching Gerry dance is glorious. I am sure we will never see him on Dancing With The Stars for several reasons, one being after everyone saw him dance on the first night the others would all forfeit, and the judges and audiences would agree that all the others should throw in the towel!

Anyway...I, too, wish they had used the longer scene at the new studio that shows more of Mike's trepidation at leaving. And although I love his speech at the wedding, I think they did select the appropriate ending. At the wedding scene Gerry looks better than he did throughout the rest of the film, and you can tell by that that it was shot toward the end of filming.

Finally, congrats to Gerry for going ahead with the movie although he felt lousy and wasn't at his best. Truly, the man must not have an arrogant bone in his body. Part of the reason he is just such a great and committed performer!

Leslie