Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross

:thud:

First, he looks GORGEOUS and RESTED! It's so great to see him looking healthy and happy and just ... GERRY.

Second, THE ACCENT!! It's just about back!!! Now there is only a hint of the American left. Many of the words he said were VERY Scottish sounding. Loved it!

Third, Stu, I'm gonna have to kill ya if you don't come up with Part 2 soon! Just kidding, my friend. I'm so grateful you got Part 1 up so fast! Thank you!!!

Edited by phoenixgirl

GORGEOUS!

Thanks Stu.

I can't wait for Part 2.

I always love Jonathan Ross, he really interviews someone and is hilarious.

I loved how he is introducing people with "THIS IS..." and their name.

Posted Image Couldn't go two minutes with this baby :cunning:

I love how when he gets into his story he looks up at the ceiling :lol:

Thank you sir!!! You are the best!! It's great to have the video so quickly! At the risk of being rude......that fellow should allow his guests to complete a statement....WOW....every time Mr. Butler tried to speak he jumped in!!! Needs lessons from Regis on the art of listening!! Thank you again ...

Thank you sir!!! You are the best!! It's great to have the video so quickly! At the risk of being rude......that fellow should allow his guests to complete a statement....WOW....every time Mr. Butler tried to speak he jumped in!!! Needs lessons from Regis on the art of listening!! Thank you again ...

I was thinking the exact same thing! I wanted to hear what Gerry had to say! :lol:

Steph

Stu....I'm just gonna repeat what everyone else said...YOU ARE A DOLL! Thank you and I'll be looking forward to part 2! Gerry looks absolutely incredibly undeniably amazing!! Does his hair look really dark to anyone else?? Wonder if it's for his next project?

:wave: Frannie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yZq1W83uLI

This clip has the end of the interview and has the LAC trailer edited out !!

nite all. Stuart

Thank you Stuart! You beat me into this post but then again that's why you're a mod! :-) I thought I should check before I posted and, sure thing, you had found this gem practically as soon as it was uploaded on youtube!

Anyway, it's amazing what some rest can do to a man! He looks so much younger and fresher! Take it from personal experience, once you're over 30 the best thing you can do for yourself is make sure you get lots of sleep.

Did anyone else get the feeling that Gerry was a bit nervous at first? A little reserved maybe? I guess it was a big thing for him. I mean he hasn't done as much press in the UK as in the US, he hasn't done all the "big" shows, he's just starting to get the recognition he already has in the US. And Jonathan Ross is a big name, has been for ages, he was already a big name when Gerry was still dreaming about acting. So maybe being at this show, in his own country, means it finally registers with him that he's made it.

When this interview shows in the US, may I suggest that someone records the whole thing? I understand he was introducing all the other guests and who knows what happened after the interview because he said he would stick around for the music. That should be fun to watch!

Theresa

I like the fact Jonathan was an obvious fan of Gerry's - he even bummed up Gamer saying his son loved it. Gerry never changes - does he ever make a flight on time :lmao:

Theresa the Arctic Monkeys played 2 songs but they never showed the other guests at that time then it went to end credits.

I am so pleased he has finally made it onto his show.

Moira

I like the fact Jonathan was an obvious fan of Gerry's - he even bummed up Gamer saying his son loved it. Gerry never changes - does he ever make a flight on time :lmao:

Theresa the Arctic Monkeys played 2 songs but they never showed the other guests at that time then it went to end credits.

I am so pleased he has finally made it onto his show.

Moira

Moira, what about when he was introducing the other guests? My cousin from Glasgow just called me to tell me that he was doing it very 300 way and she felt sorry for the poor man, who had to keep shouting a la "This is Sparta" for each guest. She also told me that she felt he was very tense, especially at the beginning, very self conscious. Nothing like in the American interviews that I showed her when she was in Greece last month. She was wondering why? She said maybe it's because he's worried about how he will be judged by his own people here in the UK, maybe he was worried about the acccent etc. I got the same feeling myself but I was susrpised to hear it from someone else who does like Gerry but is not like us, she doesn't know a lot about him, she doesn't go on the internet, she's pretty much a regular member of the audience.

If that's the case I don't blame Gerry one bit, I believe the UK press can be a lot more cynical than the US one, especially with one of their own. George Michael used to have the same problem. He was doing great in America and the rest of Europe (back in late 80s, early 90s) and still they used to crucify him in the UK.

You know what though, if Gerry did feel a little tense last night, a little insecure, the opposite of cocky really, that's a good sign. It proves he still has his feet down to Earth and there's hope for him. I will hate the day when he starts walking to interviews all full of himself.

Theresa

Here's Gerry introducing David Haye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1oDQK164C8

and Sarah Harding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEDXh2h2x0E

Also the clip with the beginning of the show that Stuart posted earlier has Gerry introducing Michael McIntyre. Here's that part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EAIzcdgZ1E

No wonder he lost his voice at the end.

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

Just watched Part I - so Gerry is inclined to be late all the time, now I get that interview with Zac Synder, he has a lateness issue, hmmm. Missing flights.

Personally I can tell he is tense because really Jonathan Ross is like the Johnny Carson of the UK and it's not like sitting with Craig Ferguson, his buddy and the set up is a bit intimidating really. It's rather cute when you can see he is tense. He still gets nervous about situations which makes him human. You can see it in his mouth/jaw.

I was watching JR on BBC Canada, different show last night - Jeremy Piven was on this one. To be frank even Jeremy Piven looked tense. JR just must be intimidating. But I didn't realize that green room aspect of the show increases your viewing time of your favourite guests and sounds like they utilizing GB quite nicely, bwah.

I think with GB they don't call it beauty sleep for nothing.

Edited by lavender1960

Gerry looked AMAZING on the show. He looks younger now than he did when he made TUT (I say that because I been watching TUT non stop all week, LOL) and even younger then when he made Gamer. The man is gorgeous. :wuv:

I never got an intense vibe from him or noticed anything different than when he is on other talk shows. But I was not really fond of this particular show or format. The whole green room thing seems a bit odd and uncomfortable for all of the guests, not just Gerry. I also think this man talks so fast and rushed Gerry's interview. Does he always have on so many guests? Also, I was hearing that JR was a bit edgy, but he didn't ask one unique question. I guess they didn't do any research. I mean how sick and tired must Gerry be in talking about training as a lawyer, getting fired and filming 300 with green screen. Yawn.... JR seems like a very likable guy, but I guess I expected more from this because the hype was he would be 'different'.

[[[[To date, Bonnie Hunt is still my reigning favorite talk show interview!]]]]

The best part was when Gerry brought up his own story about being pulled over on his way to the airport. That was Gerry being Gerry. Question about that story: does it imply Gerry was in Scotland and was on his way to the airport in Scotland to fly to London? The cops were aware of the Jonathan Ross show and it certainly seemed like Gerry was driver of the the SUV. If he was in England, he would have been in London most likely, not in another part of England so I think this implies he was in Scotland before 'flying to London'. I don't think Gerry was driving in Oslo. Thoughts? :unsure:

Edited by sav8821

But was this his first time on the JR show. I'd guess it was.

Just because we've heard it all and the Amercian talk shows have covered all this territory, the UK audience perhaps has not? The ones that aren't fans yet.

I was surprised about how many guests JR has on one show, far more than the American talk shows try to cover in one hour. I like the fact Craig Ferguson usually only has two guests and his interviews with GB are long. Not long enough - he should just have GB the whole show. That is the good thing with The Hour, with Georgey S, he generally only has 2 guests per hour. Need more shows like that.

And yes the UK press is brutal, from my perspective here across the pond, they make the US tabloid press look benign. Aussies can be tough as well on artists that make it big outside the country. They are proud and yet also will cut you down in a jiffy if they think you are acting too big for your britches. The infamous Tall Poppy Syndrome, they will cut you down if they think you get too "tall".

This is less prevalent in Canada. At least with my generation, we've always known that to be a success you had to go to the US because there just wasn't the opportunities here and oftentimes Canadians would not acknowledge an artist until they had been successful in the US. Some Canadians will call people sell outs if they make it big in the US - more artists can make a living in Canada now without going to the US but this has only been relatively recent, last 10 -20 years, but most Canadians love the fact that Hollywood and the music industry has many successful Canadians dominating. In fact someone did a hilarious mockumentary about how Canadians were covertly taking over Hollywood in a planned operation and Lorne Greene was the ring leader. But I digress.

Edited by lavender1960

Gerry looked AMAZING on the show. He looks younger now than he did when he made TUT (I say that because I been watching TUT non stop all week, LOL) and even younger then when he made Gamer. The man is gorgeous. :wuv:

I never got an intense vibe from him or noticed anything different than when he is on other talk shows. But I was not really fond of this particular show or format. The whole green room thing seems a bit odd and uncomfortable for all of the guests, not just Gerry. I also think this man talks so fast and rushed Gerry's interview. Does he always have on so many guests? Also, I was hearing that JR was a bit edgy, but he didn't ask one unique question. I guess they didn't do any research. I mean how sick and tired must Gerry be in talking about training as a lawyer, getting fired and filming 300 with green screen. Yawn.... JR seems like a very likable guy, but I guess I expected more from this because the hype was he would be 'different'.

[[[[To date, Bonnie Hunt is still my reigning favorite talk show interview!]]]]

The best part was when Gerry brought up his own story about being pulled over on his way to the airport. That was Gerry being Gerry. Question about that story: does it imply Gerry was in Scotland and was on his way to the airport in Scotland to fly to London? The cops were aware of the Jonathan Ross show and it certainly seemed like Gerry was driver of the the SUV. If he was in England, he would have been in London most likely, not in another part of England so I think this implies he was in Scotland before 'flying to London'. I don't think Gerry was driving in Oslo. Thoughts? :unsure:

You do make a valid point, JR was not very original on that interview. Maybe he was intimidated too. :-)

I think Gerry was in Scotland flying to London. When he was imitating the policeman, he had a Scottish accent I think). He did say in Oslo that he would be flying to Scotland.

Theresa

Theresa

But was this his first time on the JR show. I'd guess it was.

Just because we've heard it all and the Amercian talk shows have covered all this territory, the UK audience perhaps has not? The ones that aren't fans yet.

.... but most Canadians love the fact that Hollywood and the music industry has many successful Canadians dominating. In fact someone did a hilarious mockumentary about how Canadians were covertly taking over Hollywood in a planned operation and Lorne Greene was the ring leader. But I digress.

That's another side of the coin. I think you may be right, people in th UK and Europe in General don't know much about Gerry except for 300. TUT helped a bit.

Off topic, re Canadians taking over Hollywood, give me Kiefer Sutherland anytime. Another one of Scottish decent. :-)

Theresa