Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Texas gramma

The Ugly Truth production

I have to say I think there were scenes where I didn’t think the lighting did Katherine any favors ether after watching TUT again last night. There were a couple of scenes where she is lit beautifully but some where she is not. And Eric Winters looked washed out in most of his scenes as well. This movie was made relatively cheaply; I’m guessing they might not have gone all out budget wise on that element of the movie.

I think Gerry has a ruddy complexion, and I have seen freckles on him in other photos.

I have to say I think there were scenes where I didn’t think the lighting did Katherine any favors ether after watching TUT again last night. There were a couple of scenes where she is lit beautifully but some where she is not. And Eric Winters looked washed out in most of his scenes as well. This movie was made relatively cheaply; I’m guessing they might not have gone all out budget wise on that element of the movie.

I think Gerry has a ruddy complexion, and I have seen freckles on him in other photos.

Yes! I love the freckles... stealth freckles, because the only appear every so often. :)

Steph

I have to say I think there were scenes where I didn't think the lighting did Katherine any favors ether after watching TUT again last night. There were a couple of scenes where she is lit beautifully but some where she is not. And Eric Winters looked washed out in most of his scenes as well. This movie was made relatively cheaply; I'm guessing they might not have gone all out budget wise on that element of the movie.

Yes! I love the freckles... stealth freckles, because the only appear every so often. :)

Steph

I ADORE his freckles!! Especially the ones on his shoulders. :swoon:

Bottom line ... Gerry looks FAN-FOOKING-TASTIC no matter what.

Edited by phoenixgirl

Where did you see the ones on the shoulders? In the alternate endings? Gosh you are observant! :-)

Theresa

Where did you see the ones on the shoulders? In the alternate endings? Gosh you are observant! :-)

Theresa

Not in the movie, but in other pictures of Gerry shirtless ... especially the bathing suit pics from a few years ago. :cunning: The man has gorgeous freckles on those gorgeous shoulders. :thud:

Not in the movie, but in other pictures of Gerry shirtless ... especially the bathing suit pics from a few years ago. :cunning: The man has gorgeous freckles on those gorgeous shoulders. :thud:

OK I see. My friends from work love one of them in particular, they have it as a wallpaper. It's so funny at the office: we are mostly women and most us are butlerised so everywhere you look there's a little photo of Gerry. :-)

Many people are under the impression that sinus infections are no big deal...just take antibiotics and they go away. I can tell you from my own experience, sinus infections can make you VERY sick.

I agree, Swannie! There are sinus infections that may respond to antibiotics and nasal sprays etc and then there are sinus infections so severe and ongoing that corticosteroids are prescribed and corticosteroids apparently can cause puffiness of the face and weight gain (as well as a multitude of other things)

BTW, I think Gerry's complexion is quite freckled. You can really see his natural Celtic coloring on the road in Ireland scene in PSILY.

I thought I detected freckles!

Cheers,

Vicki

OK I see. My friends from work love one of them in particular, they have it as a wallpaper. It's so funny at the office: we are mostly women and most us are butlerised so everywhere you look there's a little photo of Gerry. :-)

Now that's what I call a friendly work environment! :D

This one's my favorite of that lot. He's wet, sexy, and looks just a little bit sad...

Posted Image

Mmm... I can almost smell the chlorine just looking at that picture! (And odd as that sounds, that evokes good memories for a competitive swimmer who spent most of her childhood in the pool!)

Steph

[/b][/color][/font]

LOL I would love to work in a place like that. Unfortunately, I can't put up pictures of Gerry in my classroom. Could try in the staff room.. some of my colleagues would be very pleased indeed ;)

Amanda

So I just watched TUT again tonight... I didn't notice it before, but yeah, I agree that the lighting is way too yellow! I don't think it makes Gerry look bad per se, but it definitely makes the movie look a little unrealistic. You can really notice the contrast when you're watching some of the deleted scenes, which aren't finished the same way (like Gerry's spazzy dance for example).

Steph

I don't remember there being anything wrong with the colour when I saw TUT at the cinema, so I was interested to read the comments here about the lighting/colour being too yellow in parts etc on the dvd. I've just received my TUT dvd from the US and I put it in our I-play-any-region Pioneer dvd player and watched it on our I-can-show-NTSC LG tv and wow you were right - way too much yellow in parts. As a matter of fact there are two parts in particular (when Colin is feeding Abby and when Mike is talking to her about her hair) that look as if someone was painting yellow over her hair. Very strange.

Remembering that the colour in Attila, using the same tv and dvd player wasn't right either, I then tried TUT using a different dvd player (Philips - sp?) and tv (Sony) and it still wasn't right. Next step was putting the TUT dvd in our Sony Vaio laptop (worst computer ever), which is set to play Region 1 dvds. For the first time in months the WinDVD - or WinVideo or whatever it's called - for Vaio actually worked, and do you know, the only scene where the colour didn't look right was the dance scene. In that, for some reason, as well as the yellow, Mike looks as if his face has been scorched.

So I'm guessing it's not so much the lighting and whatever used when filming, as the process of manufacturing the dvds. Has anyone had problems with the blu-ray versions? TUT will be released on dvd and blu-ray here in Oz on 16 December, so I'll be interested to see whether the colour is any better in the Region 4 dvd and the whatever-region-we're-in blu-ray.

Btw, I tried the TUT Region 1 disc in our Sony PS3 and it wouldn't play, but my Region 1 Dear Frankie plays in the PS3. Go figure.

Cheers,

Vicki

Edited by Vicki

I have to agree Suzie, this time around yellow,yellow didn't make quite the fellow. Now take the yellow towel ....please. Wait I'm getting on my rain coat too.

Janet

Edited by planetwalkers

LOL I would love to work in a place like that. Unfortunately, I can't put up pictures of Gerry in my classroom. Could try in the staff room.. some of my colleagues would be very pleased indeed ;)

Amanda

What do you teach? Because maybe you can put up photos from 300 and say you are using them as props for Greek history. :-)

Theresa