Gerard Butler GALS

LAC premiere - Update from Glasgow

terezoulini

His accent is SO THICK AGAIN!

My dad is like that when he is around people in Mississippi he sounds like he was born and raised there. When his buddies used to come down to visit he sounded like he never left there.

I think most people will start talking like the people they are around. I picked up my in laws thick southern twang and ended up with one thicker and twangier.

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should wear them more often! He's got the legs for it!

I just hope he broke the rule (Is there a rule? Heck, I don't know why Scottish men don't wear anything under their kilts) and wore something under there so he doesn't get too cold. His socks looked quite warm. It is still warm enough today here to wear a tank top.

Love,

Tracy

For those of you who have viewed the video of Gerry entering the theater could you tell me what he said before he said......"But I'll take it". His accent is back and I couldn't make it all out. Just curious!!

Kathy

What video!!???

He's so handsome in that outfit! I wish I was there! How can one man be so damned..... hot! I can't even think of a better word for it! It's beyond mere words! It supercedes hot, handsome, divinely gorgeous? That kilt and short coat look like they were custom made for him and he does his homeland proud!

I hope we get some great pictures of him in it and thanks to everyone for bringing these!

He leaves me breathless! He truly does!

Delene

Thanks Moira for the all the info!

Wish I could be there with you but, alas...real life calls.

Gerry looks absolutely amazing and I'm so happy for him and his friends and family!!!

HURRAY....Way to go Gerry!

Love you :wuv:

Sparty

His accent is thick like him :gah:

He should wear kilts more often, but it makes it that much more sweet because we've only seen him in one THREE times.

I'd love to hear him speak totally uninhibited!

He must only wear one for very special occasions and it's very cold there, too! What a little trooper!

Delene

I'm sure there's more than three people applauding for him even though he'd play to three like they were three thousand! I'm so in love with this man! Even though I love to have him back here, I hope he stays a while in Scotland! It seems to re-energize him but I guess that's what going home is all about!

Delene

He should wear them more often! He's got the legs for it!

I just hope he broke the rule (Is there a rule? Heck, I don't know why Scottish men don't wear anything under their kilts) and wore something under there so he doesn't get too cold. His socks looked quite warm. It is still warm enough today here to wear a tank top.

Love,

Tracy

I'm so glad someone else brought this up! :-) I've been wondering all this time but I was hesitant to post. Well my late cousin who was half Scottish and very proud of it always said that it was a disgrace to wear underwear and we all know what a proud Scottish lad Gerry is. :-) I'd better stop before this goes into gutter talk.

I only wish that one of the GALS there has this opportunity to find out during the course of the night. :-) For our cultural education of course, so that we can understand the Scots better. :-)

Theresa

Yep, he said three people. Love how his accent is back!! I have been researching in my tartan book and can't find which tartan he is wearing. Butler is Irish so he doesn't have a Scottish tartan. I thought it might be one of Scotland's many National tartans but so far I can't find it. I will if it kills me!! Must know!!!

Kathy

His accent is thick like him :gah:

He should wear kilts more often, but it makes it that much more sweet because we've only seen him in one THREE times.

I'd love to hear him speak totally uninhibited!

He must only wear one for very special occasions and it's very cold there, too! What a little trooper!

Delene

There ain't nothing little about that trooper :rotflmao:

I'm glad he wears them only so often because it makes them that much more special.

Gorgeous man he is.

A little Scottish history....The Highlanders were the only ones who wore kilts. Lowlanders did not. The material they used was harsh but since they were poor Highlanders that is all they had. Naturally it would be harsh on the skin so they did not wear anything under their kilts. Also, it was convenient to not wear anything, if you get my drift. After centuries it became custom.

Kathy

What video!!???

Delene

There you go!

http://www.twitvid.com/BFC9F

The accent will kill you! Enjoy!

Theresa

Oh, thank you so much! I have died! His accent sends me over the moon and it sounds so like the old Gerry and I never really knew the old one!

He's so sweet to turn around and look at whoever called out to him and wave! Was that at the airport? I saw Alan there but didn't recognize anyone else in the group!

Thanks, again, Theresa!

Delene

What video!!???

Delene

There you go!

Theresa

Oh, thank you so much! I have died! His accent sends me over the moon and it sounds so like the old Gerry and I never really knew the old one!

He's so sweet to turn around and look at whoever called out to him and wave! Was that at the airport? I saw Alan there but didn't recognize anyone else in the group!

Thanks, again, Theresa!

Delene

Gerry was going into the theater.

Kathy

Thanks, again, Theresa!

Delene

No, this is fresh material darling. It's inside the cinema at the premiere. I know because this is where I saw TUT last summer and where I would be tonight if I hadn't broken my leg (for which I have been crying my eyes out all day and now Stelios thinks I need to see a doctor).

Theresa

What video!!???

Delene

There you go!

Theresa

Thanks, again, Theresa!

Delene

Gerry was going into the theater.

Kathy

Oh. I thought he was too happy to have just gotten off an airplane!

Delene

Here's a great video of Gerry with his Mum, and you can see Moira lots!

http://entertainment.stv.tv/film/137439-ge...zen-in-glasgow/

Way to go Moira! She's talking to Gerry's mum and Alan. Moira is practically family by now. She should be on the inside of the barriers.

Can't wait for the interview tomorrow. Thanks for the link.

Theresa

I can't get the link for the vid of Gerry and his mum to work..it just sits there loading forever and never comes up....don't have probs with anything else???any suggestions, anyone???