Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
terezoulini

LAC premiere - Update from Glasgow

Thank you to everyone who was there and posted all these updates and shared all your photos with the rest of us!

hugs and kisses xoxo

I hope you all had an amazing time in Scotland that you will always remember!

Thanks for the pics Matreshka, they're beautiful! And you're so right about how lucky we are to be able to meet each other through Gerry. I'm sure he'd be so happy knowing he brought as all together! :D

Steph

Yesterday when the twittering was going on waiting for Gerry to arrive and then someone said, he is here and OMG he is swearing a kilt, then I clicked the picture. My kiltometer went off and I almost jumped off the couch I was sitting on. I also thought I could handle seeing him at the Premier in a calm fashion and then I lost it. What is it about him that sends you into an absolute frinzy? He is the most beautiful man - he just looked wonderful.. I can't image seeing him in person, I don't know if my heart could take it. I am so happy for the rest of you that got to be there and meet him- I am truly happy for ya'll. I hope to go to the next one when it is in LA or NY - I am going to make the effort, but I don't anything could have matched this. I think this was a once in a lifetime experience for Gerry and his fans. Thanks to all for the pictures and twittering, it was almost like being there. Linda

What is it about him that sends you into an absolute frinzy?

Linda ... I think that's the million dollar question. And if we knew the answer, it might make it not as special, you know? He's just incredibly breathtaking and wonderful, and those aren't even good enough to describe him.

So everyone here is my story

Where to start. I am still a bit speechless about it all really. It was the most amazing experience... I arrived in Glasgow on Saturday afternoon. I stood outside and looked at the cinema, its really huge isn't it?! I thought to myself ' wow, Gerry will be here tomorrow, I can't believe I'm here'. On Saturday evening, eight of us all met up for a meal . It was a lovely meal in a restaurant called Darcys. It was so much fun meeting everyone. They were all such nice people. We had a great time getting to know each other and of course, talking about Gerry.

So Sunday was a very early start. Four of us were there from about 6.15 -6.45am. It was still dark. We didn't know what time people would start arriving. Moira has a funny story about meeting some *lovely* guys. Its not really my story to tell, so go for it Moira. So we put out seats out to claim our spot. We were getting some funny looks from people passing by. A few asked what we were doing. A man, Paul, who I think must have been a manager at the cinema, came out to check on us a few times. At about 10.30am, he came out and says ' How much do you girls love me?' 'A lot' we all scream... He said that we could go up to the bar in the cinema... It was very nice of him to do this. I think he wanted us off the pavement, as it was starting to get busy. Whatever, it was nice to get a bit of warmth for a while. At 11am, we were asked to leave because there was a meeting in there and they wanted us out. So back out into the cold we went...Jump forward a few hours, not a lot happening. Then at about 2pm, they started to put up the barriers. We had been worried that we were sitting in the wrong place. We were trying to get as much info as possible about how hings were going to work. As it turns out, we were in the perfect spot. Another two hours pass, we were starting to get really cold. It wasn't raining though, it had been dry all day thankfully. By 4pm, there were a few people starting to queue. The atmosphere was starting to build...

At about 4.30pm(i don't know if I've got exactly the correct times, its all a blut at the moment) we had to fold up our chairs. They were moving the barriers about a bit, so we had to stand up. We still had the best spot. The staff were starting to tell us what was going to happen - where the red carpet would be, where the press would be, where Gerry would stop in his car, where he would stand for the press. We were just across from the press pen, you can probably tell from the photos on GALS. BTW, I hope you don't mind me writing so much. Its nice to think about it all again.

Then it happened. We knew Gerry was due to arrive at about 6.45pm. The premiere film was due to start at 7.15. At 6.35, a silver Mercedes came around the corner. IT WAS HIM... He was sitting in the back along with his mother, Margaret. He was dropped of at the end of the red carpet. The screaming when he got out of the car was just unbelievable. So loud. From where we were, we couldn't quite see him. There were security guards in the way holding up the barriers. He was making his way down the line and then suddenly there he was, in full view. It was amazing to see him. Lots of people were taking photos with him, getting autographs with him etc. Marg (AKA Dragon Slayer on GALS) was standing next to me. She is the lady who gives Gerry his gum. Again, thats her story to tell, so I won't go into it.

Then it was my turn. I had decided I wanted him to autograph my copy of PSILY book. He turned to me, and I was speechless. He was staring at me (probably waiting for me to say something) but I couldn't. I was just staring right into his eyes. I couldn't speak. We just looked at each other for about 3 or 4 seconds. In those seconds, all the people, the noise, the shouting, the craziness disappeared. It was, for me, just like it was me and him there alone. He has the most intense stare that just took my breath away. He looks right into you. I now bitterly regret not saying anything, even if it was just Happy Birthday, but at the time, I couldn't. I just held out my book for him to sign, which he did. He is so much more handsome in person. Very tall as we know. I was surprised actually at how slender he is. I expected him to look quite muscular and well built, but he didn't. Just the perfect shape. I think maybe the outfit had something to do with that. The jacket was very tailored. The kilt, oh the kilt. He looked amazing wearing it. He carried the whole outfit very well. Then Margaret stops to speak to us, she was very lovely. He went over to the other side of the road to greet the fans over there. There were crowds. His mum said 'this is where it can get dangerous' awwww. He was pulled away, because there were so many people not behind the barriers just crowding him. He comes back over, and shouts 'its crazy over there'. He was laughing a lot, very relaxed and in a very good mood. It was so nice to see him like that. He stood to have his photos taken for the press as you have seen and then he was taken inside, for the interviews I think.

Then we had to wait to get in for the screening at 8. At about 7.45 they let us in. How exciting we were going to see Gerry again. Both Gerry and Alan were introduced and they came in. The screaming again was deafening. Then everyone started to sing Happy Birthday. He was laughing and joking. He talked about Alan, how he became his manager. Talked to some people in the crowd. Talked a little about LAC, all the time laughing and joking. He was relaxed and natural. Just perfect. He was there for 5 mins and then was gone. HE WAS GONE. Then the movie started, but I will be honest, I found it very hard to concentrate. With all the great things that had happened, I couldn't think of anything else. I was in heaven.

It was the perfect day and I would do it all again tomorrow if I had the chance...

Jo :wave:

P.S I can't believe I've written that much, its almost a novel.

Oh Jo!

Thank you SO much for sharing your story! It's so wonderfully perfect! And you tell it so well; I feel like I was right there beside you the whole time! Especially when you were talking about you and Gerry staring at each other... I could almost FEEL his eyes on mine!

Thanks again, it was magical!

Steph

Hi Jo

Glad you got back ok.

There is nothing like your first time and for so many it is quite an unbelievable experience that you are rendered speechless and because he can only be in front of you for a few secs you are either prepared or not and most are not :funnyup: so you are not the only one this has happened to.

Yes my 2 lovely boys - we actually thought they were the first ones there only to find they were just having a cigarette waiting for a taxi :lmao: It was like six degrees of because when I told one my name he said his mum was called Moira and his first name is Fraser - oh did we laugh - he thought Gerry was a babe and so did his pal Stephen!!!!!!!!!!!. They were lovely. I just love camp Glasgow men :rotflmao:

Moira

Then it was my turn. I had decided I wanted him to autograph my copy of PSILY book. He turned to me, and I was speechless. He was staring at me (probably waiting for me to say something) but I couldn't. I was just staring right into his eyes. I couldn't speak. We just looked at each other for about 3 or 4 seconds. In those seconds, all the people, the noise, the shouting, the craziness disappeared. It was, for me, just like it was me and him there alone. He has the most intense stare that just took my breath away. He looks right into you. I now bitterly regret not saying anything, even if it was just Happy Birthday, but at the time, I couldn't. I just held out my book for him to sign, which he did. He is so much more handsome in person.

YES!!! That's exactly the feeling the first time. I'm soooo excited for you, Jojo! Thanks for sharing your story. I am still smiling for you. :D

Jo,

I loved every word you wrote!! And if you think of something else (don't we always forget some little detail?) PLEASE write about that, too!!

Thanks for sharing! It sounded absolutely wonderful!

:hugs:

Katie

Jo, thanks so much for sharing your story. I must get my hormones checked - that just brought tears to my eyes. I felt like I was right there with you. He did look very slim in his kilt. I'm glad you had the experience of a lifetime... Linda

Oh I agree Jo....We Gals that have never had the opportunity to get even a glimpse of him in the flesh grab onto every word and minute that you Lucky Gals are willing to share with us...Like someone else mentioned, I felt like I was right there with you ...(well almost) and for now stories and experiences like these are all we got!! Thanks again for every single word! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

Yes we are all very very lucky that those of you who could be there are so willing and able (wow, Jo, that was amazing) to share. Thank you oh so oh so much.

He obviously had a wonderful time, a great birthday, and had the time of his life. What a great way to spend the weekend.....and yes, I'm liking that kilt more and more and more.....truly commando, huh? Well --

"suits you, sir".....

and suits me JUST fine....

Jill

:menkilt:

kilt-gasmic indeed

Hi girls! It was a very special and exciting night yesterday and I'm still on my cloud. :wuv:

Gerry was gorgeous and very good looking, he is so much better in person.

Here are the only 2 normal pics I got of him.

Beautiful Gerry's smile after the girl I know from another forum said her "Happy Birthday" to him:

Posted Image

Gerry's face when I asked him about a hug (you see how he didn't want to do it - poor man but I forced him :D (joking) )

Posted Image

Gerry is a drug that I'm deeply addicted too.

I also wanted to say a bit thank you to Moira and to Nathalie (blueangel) and other girls I met from both forums - we seemed to be a one big family and it's also thanks to Gerry that we meet so many nice people and create new friendships.

Thanks for sharing! What an amazing experience! What was the hugh like? :-)

Theresa

P.S I can't believe I've written that much, its almost a novel.

Yeah, it's called "When Gerry met Joey" :-) Just kidding! Great story, thanks for giving us all the details. We can combine them with the photos and the videos and pretend we were actually there!

See you at the Bounty!

Theresa

Hi Jo

Glad you got back ok.

There is nothing like your first time and for so many it is quite an unbelievable experience that you are rendered speechless and because he can only be in front of you for a few secs you are either prepared or not and most are not :funnyup: so you are not the only one this has happened to.

Yes my 2 lovely boys - we actually thought they were the first ones there only to find they were just having a cigarette waiting for a taxi :lmao: It was like six degrees of because when I told one my name he said his mum was called Moira and his first name is Fraser - oh did we laugh - he thought Gerry was a babe and so did his pal Stephen!!!!!!!!!!!. They were lovely. I just love camp Glasgow men :rotflmao:

Moira

Dear Moira,

We are still waiting eagerly for your account. :-) You got a hug from practically everyone, we have the videos to prove it, you gave interviews! Come on, don't hold anything back! :yay:

Theresa

Then it was my turn. I had decided I wanted him to autograph my copy of PSILY book. He turned to me, and I was speechless. He was staring at me (probably waiting for me to say something) but I couldn't. I was just staring right into his eyes. I couldn't speak. We just looked at each other for about 3 or 4 seconds. In those seconds, all the people, the noise, the shouting, the craziness disappeared. It was, for me, just like it was me and him there alone. He has the most intense stare that just took my breath away. He looks right into you. I now bitterly regret not saying anything, even if it was just Happy Birthday, but at the time, I couldn't. I just held out my book for him to sign, which he did. He is so much more handsome in person.

YES!!! That's exactly the feeling the first time. I'm soooo excited for you, Jojo! Thanks for sharing your story. I am still smiling for you. :D

There is nothing like your first time

So much fun to here the details of their "first time" from the ones who now have lost their "Gerry virginity"!

Thanks for all the fun updates!

Delene

haha i also broke my gerry virginity on sunday!

i was coming out of the premiere, i saw him sitting at the end he stood up

i could not believe it all night i had wanted to see him

i had a birthday card for him

but gave it to his security guard instead incase i neverr

i was right beside him and i was shaking like a leaf lol!

i spoke to him but he could hardley hear me

''gerard i have gave your birthday card to your security guard''

he looked at me confused but still utterly gorgeous

''i dont know what i have said ?'' he laughed

he obviously couldnt hear me

i laughed

''noo i gave your security guard a birthday card from me'' i repeated

''oh right'' he laughed ''thank you''

i asked if there was any chance of a photo

he said

''wait i will get you outside,''

soo i casually walked out wondering wether or not he would keep to his word

he came out and right enough he asked if i wanted my picture now

he explained to me that

''it was a bit crowded in there'' and ''all his friends and family where there so we proberly would be able to get one''

i laughed and apologised

but right away he was like

''no no dont be silly''

we got ready for a pic, his arm round me tightly and his face touching mine then he came out with

''what camera?''

i pointed and laughed (i have this pic to prove it ha)

so we took another one.

I couldnt stop staring at him he just looked soo amazing, to actually be talking to the man i had always admired sent a shiver down my spine

for some reason i just blurted out

''gerard you are amazing''

ha i do not know why but it was the nerves lol

so thats my story ha

wish i could tell you he whisked me off into the night

but no that didnt happen lol !

love natalie

xoxo

Wow, you practically had a conversation with him! What more could a fan ask for? So happy for you!

So tell us, which showing were you at? The official one at 7.15 or the one at 8? I somehow thought it was the first one because Gerry said his friends and family were there. If so, how did you manage to get invitations? Also, Gerry was just sitting at the back while people were leaving the cinema? That's so cool, he must be so laid back, other actors in his place would probably leave before the credits to avoid the crowds. Do tell!

Theresa

Wow, you practically had a conversation with him! What more could a fan ask for? So happy for you!

So tell us, which showing were you at? The official one at 7.15 or the one at 8? I somehow thought it was the first one because Gerry said his friends and family were there. If so, how did you manage to get invitations? Also, Gerry was just sitting at the back while people were leaving the cinema? That's so cool, he must be so laid back, other actors in his place would probably leave before the credits to avoid the crowds. Do tell!

Theresa

yeah Theresa i was in the main screening at 7:15

my friend actually won us tickets from stv!

we were extremely lucky!

yes he was sitting back while everyone was leaving !

it was surreal honestly ! i had to pinch myself lol

i thought he had already left until i saw him on my way out

honistly it was amazing

best day of my life so far lol :)

natalie

xoxo

we were extremely lucky!

honistly it was amazing

natalie

xoxo

What a pairfect way to lose your Gerry-ginity! How long have you been a fan?

I wish you many happy returns! :-)

Theresa

we were extremely lucky!

honistly it was amazing

natalie

xoxo

What a pairfect way to lose your Gerry-ginity! How long have you been a fan?

I wish you many happy returns! :-)

Theresa

ehm maybe about 5 years? since phantom of the opera but

but i was only about 12/13 when that came out

so i feel i have kinda grew up with gerry ha !

that sounds sad

but i just mean like his films have been on in my house since i was a young age lol !

You Too Theresa !

xoxo

ehm maybe about 5 years? since phantom of the opera but

but i was only about 12/13 when that came out

so i feel i have kinda grew up with gerry ha !

So I guess it was all worth the wait! :-)

Theresa

Congratulations to you Natalie! Sounds like your ultimate dream has come true huh? I see you are Scottish yourself Sweetie, and did you hear him say he wouldn't mind settling down with a nice Scottish girl?? :kisswink: Although I believe you may be a bit young it's still nice and I think probably flattering to the Scottish women! Thanks for sharing your story!

:wave: Frannie