Gerard Butler GALS

LAC premiere - Update from Glasgow

terezoulini

Congratulations to you Natalie! Sounds like your ultimate dream has come true huh? I see you are Scottish yourself Sweetie, and did you hear him say he wouldn't mind settling down with a nice Scottish girl?? :kisswink: Although I believe you may be a bit young it's still nice and I think probably flattering to the Scottish women! Thanks for sharing your story!

:wave: Frannie

it was a dream come true Frannie!

absolutley amazing!

glad you enjoyed my story !

Yes I am Scottish lol :p

which was great as it gave me a chance to go to the premiere

if it had been anywhere else i wouldnt have been able to make it!

i know if only i was 10 years older ! ha

natalie

xoxo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know if only i was 10 years older ! ha

natalie

xoxo

R u kidding me? If you had the chance you wouldn't take it because of the age gap? He's not older than 20 inside so no problem!

:D

Theresa

ha i have nooo problem with the age gap:P

but gerry might have.. maybe he's looking for someone older:(:(:(

ha

natalie

xoxo

Hey I got no problem with age differences! Although I'm just a weeeee bit too old for him besides marrried for 45 years...but if I was at least 15 years younger ......OOOOLALA! :cunning:

Hey I got no problem with age differences! Although I'm just a weeeee bit too old for him besides marrried for 45 years...but if I was at least 15 years younger ......OOOOLALA! :cunning:

Frannie i think he would rather have an older woman:P than someone my age !

:yummy:

natalie

xoxo

Thank you for all the wonderful stories, they helped me to again come back to that incredible Sunday evening. Jo, your story was so detailed and intense, I almost cried, it's very emotional.

Natalie, you are also very lucky to have your picture with Gerry and the conversation.

Theresa asked about how the hug was.... Actually I just wanted to say that it was my first time ever at the premiere and I never travelled alone before to another country so I was so happy I met blueangel and we did a great trip together but she had a ticket to the premiere so we separated at one moment.

I met lots of lovely girls and the time went quickly but when I saw that Mercedes it suddently stopped and I felt my heart in my stomach. I can't explain it, it's like seeing a miracle, seeing something so amazing that it takes your breath away. I forgot the cold, the fact that I didn't eat anything since that morning almost, that I stayed there for hours, that my fingers were glued to the camera - as soon as I saw his dear face in the car window I felt a stupid smile plastered on my face.

Gerry IS gorgeous and stunning and handsome and his smile illuminates everything around you, everything else cease to exist and you just hear your heart pomping very quickly.

He moved very fast and I heard him saying that he didn't have time for pictures, then he was suddenly very close and he signed the tattoo on the back of my friend as it was really great and he loved it a lot. Then it was my turn and I had a bag of Belgian chocolates called Leonidas (I just needed to give them to him :D ) and I put a birthday card inside and then it was like in slow motion and I was on an auto pilot at the same time - I don't remember what I said, what he said, I know I was speaking quickly as I shoved the bag almost into his face :D. He was pleasantly surprised I think and he mentioned Leonidas name but then it's a blurr and I just remember I gave him my POTO DVD box for signature and asked for a hug at the same time. He already moved to another person and I thought he would go further and he was kind of hesitant as he had no time but then he moved closer and that's when I lost it I think....

I remember the woolen fabric of his jacket, I remember his hands around my shoulders, I remember his unshaven cheek against mine and I couldn't stop, I just kissed him slightly on the cheek, somewhere near his ear I think and said "Thank you". This took may be the 100th part of the second, just a moment and for him it was for sure just another of his fans but I will always remember it, till I die I think... It was one of the most beautiful moments of my life.

Then he left and I felt extremely happy and a bit ashamed that I did it and very sad and devastated that he was not there anymore...

Sorry for writing in such details, I'm almost shaking, it was such a strong emotional moment.

Then I met the girls and they started asking how it went and that's when I couldn't hold it anymore - I cried like a baby, from happiness, from euphoria even, from sadness that this magic moment was gone, from his utter kindness and caring attention towards all his fans and of course from the beauty of it all.

Gerry IS a wonderful, gorgeous, handsome, kind, caring, generous, talented, incredible, amazing person.

Again, so sorry for writing almost a novel but I needed to let it out. I know many girls out there never saw him and might feel sad and disappointed but I wanted to tell you that you all should BELIEVE in your dreams and never lose hope, never give up - you will be surprised how many wonderful things the life has in store for you... I could never think about something like that happening to me but it did so it can happen to anyone, just keep dreaming and don't abandon even your wildest and craziest fantasies.

I wish to all of you your magic Gerry moment.

Now I feel a bit empty as I so want to live it again and again... Who knows, may be one wonderful day...

Edited by Matreshka

Fantastic story, Matreska! I believe that Gerry knows how important those moments are to his fans. That's why he's so generous with his time, his hugs and sometimes kisses. It's there and it's gone for him, a thousand times over but it leaves his fans with a memory that will last a lifetime.

Delene

:thankyou: GALS for all the lovely meeting Gerry moments that you shared with us. I loved reading each individual's story and how it affected you. So happy for you to have these special moments to treasure always. :bow2: Gerry really is so generous with his affection for his fans and this is one of the reasons I am a big fan. :wuv:

:hugs:

Diane

Frannie i think he would rather have an older woman:P than someone my age !

:yummy:

natalie

xoxo

As he said, it depens on the magic. He's an equal opportunitiew guy. He's had a serious relationship with a lovely girl, at least 10 years younger than him, if not more, and I have also seen photos with an older woman. In the words of Neil from Shattered, it's prsonality that counts baby! :-)

I am SOOO happy for you Natalie! I saw your picture and you are so beautiful! What a wonderful memory for you forever that no one could ever take away. Can you post the first pic? I'd love to see the "outtake".

I'm still smiling at your story, sweetie. It's awesome to get to meet your hero after loving him for so many years. :wuv: Especially someone as special as Gerry who doesn't let you down.

Lisa

I am SOOO happy for you Natalie! I saw your picture and you are so beautiful! What a wonderful memory for you forever that no one could ever take away. Can you post the first pic? I'd love to see the "outtake".

I'm still smiling at your story, sweetie. It's awesome to get to meet your hero after loving him for so many years. :wuv: Especially someone as special as Gerry who doesn't let you down.

Lisa

aww Lisa, thank you !

that was soo lovely,

i will email it to Barb, and see if she would be able to post it ! its classs but my face is disgusting lol !

it was a moment i will remember for the rest of my life !!

i havent stopped going on about it think my brother is near killing me lol !

glad you liked the story: :pointy:

i totally embarresed myself

''gerry you are amazing''

i mean who says that??? i was just so nervous!

hopefully my pic will be up soon !

love natalie

xoxo

I've uploaded my video to my album on Picasa. It was either film it or take pictures... I opted to make the movie and I think I have a pretty good movie over here.

You can see exactly what happen in our fan corner and you will see when Gerry started to chew the famous Chewing Gum tongue.gif

It's a 7 m movie but you will get the feeling of what happen smile.gif

Album

Hugs

Maria

Ps: I posted the above in another thread but its probably best in this one.

I can only say is that I had a great time.

I saw plenty of Gerry but never had the opportunity to get to talk to him. There were to many people screaming to get his attention, IT WAS JUST CRAZY!

I was just overwhelmed with the screaming and the pushing.

But what matters is that I had an amazing trip and got to meet amazing Gals and had Gerry just two feet from me.

Cheers,

Maria

glad you liked the story: :pointy:

i totally embarresed myself

''gerry you are amazing''

i mean who says that??? i was just so nervous!

hopefully my pic will be up soon !

love natalie

xoxo

A fan who has just met her hero. :) I'm sure he appreciated it. Better than hearing, "Gerry, you are a jerk!". :lol:

I've uploaded my video to my album on Picasa. It was either film it or take pictures... I opted to make the movie and I think I have a pretty good movie over here.

You can see exactly what happen in our fan corner and you will see when Gerry started to chew the famous Chewing Gum tongue.gif

Album

Hugs

Maria

I saw plenty of Gerry but never had the opportunity to get to talk to him. There were to many people screaming to get his attention, IT WAS JUST CRAZY!

But what matters is that I had an amazing trip and got to meet amazing Gals and had Gerry just two feet from me.

Cheers,

Maria

(Sorry for the second post)

Great pics, Maria! You're right, the important thing is that you had a great time, got to meet the GALS and you did see the man up close and personal. Your pictures are wonderful; thank you for sharing them with us! Everyone's first time is different, and next time you'll be old hat and know just what do to. :)

Natalie- loved your story! "Gerry, you are amazing." I think that sums up perfectly how we all feel about him! Sometimes it's hard to disarticulate why we love him so much... so suffice to say, he's amazing! :D

Matreshka- I loved your story as well! I'd seen those Leonidas chocolates before; it's so cute that you actually got to give some to him! :)

I myself am still waiting for my moment with Gerry... it'll happen when it's supposed to happen... I don't want to rush it. I only hope that when it does, it'll be as amazing as the moments that all of you got to have! :wuv:

Steph

Natalie- loved your story! "Gerry, you are amazing." I think that sums up perfectly how we all feel about him! Sometimes it's hard to disarticulate why we love him so much... so suffice to say, he's amazing! :D

Matreshka- I loved your story as well! I'd seen those Leonidas chocolates before; it's so cute that you actually got to give some to him! :)

I myself am still waiting for my moment with Gerry... it'll happen when it's supposed to happen... I don't want to rush it. I only hope that when it does, it'll be as amazing as the moments that all of you got to have! :wuv:

Steph

ha i am glad i said it, i was just soo tongue tied i was like

''gerard?''

and he was like ... ''yeah''

i just stoood looking at him then had to say something

''you are just amazing''

he looked at me smiling then laughed and said

''thank you''

then it was over *she sighs*

i wanted to press rewind and do it all again lol !

love natalie

xoxo

ha i am glad i said it, i was just soo tongue tied i was like

''gerard?''

and he was like ... ''yeah''

i just stoood looking at him then had to say something

''you are just amazing''

he looked at me smiling then laughed and said

''thank you''

then it was over *she sighs*

i wanted to press rewind and do it all again lol !

love natalie

xoxo

:wuv:Oh, I'm swooning for you!!

Maria, thanks a lot for lovely pictures and Steph, I'm sure you will have your moment!!!

I think I said "You are the best" at one point but I don't remember it very well. I think when the moment comes you just feel so overwhelmed that you can't put 2 words together. He has also such amazing eyes that simply make you breathless and all words disappear but he probably knows about it :wuv:

Natalie, I find it a very sweet and natural thing to say and I'm sure he appreciated it. Just his smile can say everything so don't worry, I think we all looked a bit shocked and in awe with big eyes and happy smiles but I think such genuine reaction just adds sweetness to the moment.

Gerry loves his fans, it's so obvious as even if he didn't have time for pictures and hugs and conversations, he still did it and I think he signed every single poster and picture and nobody was left out.

Does he have any weak points??? I just can't find any... :wuv:

Album

Hugs

Maria

Cheers,

Maria

Thank you Maria, really appreciated it!

Theresa

Album

Hugs

Maria

Cheers,

Maria

Oh Maria thank you for uploading the video you took. Watching it, for me, it was just like I was back there again.

I didn't realise that he said 'sweet' when he signed my book. Bless him... :wuv:

You are correct, it was just CRAZY but a brilliant atmosphere.

Matreshka,

You and Jo and Natalie and Dane and Moira and anyone else sharing stories and videos have sent shivers down my spine. Not just because of your description of Gerry, but mainly because of the intensity of this experience that you so eloquently shared with us. Sunday was one of the saddest days of my life, today you made all the difference, you lifted my spirits and I am eternally grateful.

I am so excited for all the great Gerry things that happened to you, you are so worth it!

Theresa

P.S. All these positive posts about how great Gerry is with fans made me realise how silly I was, overreacting about the Scott Mills interview. I take it all back and will humbly accept any punishment this forum sees fit.

Edited by terezoulini

Maria, thanks a lot for lovely pictures and Steph, I'm sure you will have your moment!!!

I think I said "You are the best" at one point but I don't remember it very well. I think when the moment comes you just feel so overwhelmed that you can't put 2 words together. He has also such amazing eyes that simply make you breathless and all words disappear but he probably knows about it :wuv:

Natalie, I find it a very sweet and natural thing to say and I'm sure he appreciated it. Just his smile can say everything so don't worry, I think we all looked a bit shocked and in awe with big eyes and happy smiles but I think such genuine reaction just adds sweetness to the moment.

Gerry loves his fans, it's so obvious as even if he didn't have time for pictures and hugs and conversations, he still did it and I think he signed every single poster and picture and nobody was left out.

Oh yeah, he does...cuz he's just a man. The more you watch and listen, and the more you get to know him through interviews, you'll begin to see the cracks in his seeming perfection. But like most of us, his imperfections and human frailties will only make you love him more.

Swannie

Oh yeah, he does...cuz he's just a man. The more you watch and listen, and the more you get to know him through interviews, you'll begin to see the cracks in his seeming perfection. But like most of us, his imperfections and human frailties will only make you love him more.

Swannie

Amen, my friend. More and more ... you realize he's just a goober wrapped in a delicious package. But the inside is pretty much like everyone else, with fears, issues, annoyances, idiosyncrasies, etc. And who wants him to be perfect? When you put someone on that high of a pedestal, they can only fall down. Remembering that he's human makes him more loveable.

I think when the moment comes you just feel so overwhelmed that you can't put 2 words together. He has also such amazing eyes that simply make you breathless and all words disappear but he probably knows about it :wuv:

I can't wait to see what ridiculous thing I blurt out at him when I get my moment. Knowing me it could be something that comes across as incredibly deep, or witty, or just makes absolutely no sense! "Gerry, I love your eyebrows!" "Ehmm..... thanks?" :lol:

Steph

I can't wait to see what ridiculous thing I blurt out at him when I get my moment. Knowing me it could be something that comes across as incredibly deep, or witty, or just makes absolutely no sense! "Gerry, I love your eyebrows!" "Ehmm..... thanks?" :lol:

Steph

Steph, when I saw him I suddenly wanted to ask him if he spoke French as I couldn't find English words I needed :D If he said he doesn't I would probably make a love declaration in French so that he doesn't get a word and I would not embarass myself. :bonk: I think nobody can think straight when he looks at you and smiles. :yummy::wuv: