Gerard Butler GALS

Signature Magazine Cover!

Swansong

I was at the Glasgow premiere and can say that he is very slimly built at this moment in time. I think that these photographs are most likely fairly recent. ones.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this photog just has a better way of capturing Gerry's true appearance. Not adding pounds or bulk to his frame. Because his face and hair look like now. Everyone says he looks much slimmer in person.

Swannie

Maybe this photog just has a better way of capturing Gerry's true appearance. Not adding pounds or bulk to his frame. Because his face and hair look like now. Everyone says he looks much slimmer in person.

Swannie

He does. When I saw him in July and in October both; he is much slimmer than in photos. It's true that's possible, but his face doens't look that thin. I guess we'll find out eventually. Doesn't matter, and either way wouldn't matter.

But he has been thin lately, look how thin he is in the Glasgow premier photos, looks to me he’s at his “POTO” weight. Plus his hair is styled and colored the way he’s been wearing his hair lately. Also I would guess he has been taking care of his skin, microdermabsions or dermabrasion (non invasive skin treatments). Which would smooth out and reduce the lines in his face, this would all contribute to him looking a bit younger. If those photos are from the pre-300 days I would think they would of been seen before this.

But he has been thin lately, look how thin he is in the Glasgow premier photos, looks to me he's at his "POTO" weight. Plus his hair is styled and colored the way he's been wearing his hair lately. Also I would guess he has been taking care of his skin, microdermabsions or dermabrasion (non invasive skin treatments). Which would smooth out and reduce the lines in his face, this would all contribute to him looking a bit younger. If those photos are from the pre-300 days I would think they would of been seen before this.

Totally can see that. :) Actually, he was this thin when he got back from India so they could have been taken then.

Who the hell knows. :lol:

Let’s not discount the photographer most likely did some retouching here and there, firmed up the jaw line a bit, slimmed down those cheeks a little. Things like that. This happens all the time in photo shoots like this. We all should get such help!

Let's not discount the photographer most likely did some retouching here and there, firmed up the jaw line a bit, slimmed down those cheeks a little. Things like that. This happens all the time in photo shoots like this. We all should get such help!

Oh for sure! You can look at Gerry's face and see the re-touching.

I agree; we should all walk around with our own personal air brush artist. :lol:

I must admit the part about him on his hands and knees took my mind other places...

This might explain the "boo boo" Lisa says he has on his knees showing beyond his kilt!

I love it that Gerry loves things like tile, enough to get down and take a closer inspection! He's got quite a domestic streak in him. I know when you're decorating and/or building a house, picking out things like this, you notice them more in other places and you compare.

Or....he might have seen someone he wanted to avoid.

Delene

Well this is a good question - my general belief and understanding was that usually photo shoots are done around the time of the actual interview or at some time thereafter. You got your subject there and these are busy celebrities though if everyone is based in LA, there is less urgency.

Now magazines are planned a fair bit in advance of their release date but not too far ahead because you still need to be fairly current and you only put someone who is hot right now on the cover as your feature and 2009 is the Year of the Butler.

However I suppose that does not preclude the use of an older photo shoot especially since this is not Vanity Fair or some such magazine who have a large photography staff. Can't imagine being too far back though.

Every photo seems to be retouched this days - I mean come on Oprah who are you trying to fool on the cover of your magazine every month when you are on TV everyday. I remember when Cindy Crawford revealed that one of her covers had been retouched in 60 different ways so she says even I don't ever look like that.

However skillful photographers and the right lighting alone can do a lot to bring out the best of someone in a photo shoot. I have a friend who has a photography studio and has just been getting into rock photography, not just concert but doing candid and editorial photos to go with interviews or to be used for PR - one of her photos made a CD cover recently and she just has this knack for making the rockers she photographs look especially sexy.

Edited by lavender1960

Retouching is a 'normal' thing in photography (doesn't mean I think it's normal btw) but he didn't have retouching at the premier and he looked damn fine there. And a lot younger. I was amazed how much younger he looked. And well rested as well.

And that makes you look younger too. He was at the end of his energy lately and that makes you look older, maybe we're not used to a well rested Gerry anymore. Doesn't matter really, he is gorgeous and that won't change :)

'Where he is on his hands and knees' picture that :doh:

Thanks, Lavender 1960, for info on photographer etc., I read only the "meat" (hmmm) of the article...!!! I've emailed him and hopefully he'll respond...... I'm still searching for the magazine......it would be a wonderful addition to my collection. I have to say when I first saw the pictures I thought briefly of the Ralph Lauren ad fiasco a few weeks ago.....the models with bodies altered to appear way smaller than humanly possible, grotesque!! I love these Signature photos and whatever they did it worked!! THANKS again to all you Gals for all you do!!