Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry on BBC Radio Scotland on MacAulay and Co

becozy

Listen now (85 minutes)

Dayna's 'on' about 9 minutes in, right after LAC advert

keep in mind it was 3AM for Dayna...

think she did quite well!

Listen for the interview with Gerry and hosts, Julia Sutherland and Annie McGuire

We'll have it soon for Multimedia...It's a bit over 19 minutes, including commentary and chat with Julia and Annie and their in-studio guest (sorry, spaced on her name)

and we'll try for the entire interview with Gerry (21 minutes), too

Thanks Dayna! I'm happy you got to do this, I wish you had been able to talk to Gerry directly!

Thanks also to Stuart and Barb for never missing anything!

What do you Gals make of this interview? I have mixed feelings. Gerry didn't sound much at ease. I think he must be under a lot of stress trying to be liked at home.ut as

What really infuriated me was that other woman on the show, not sure what her name was. It's one thing not finding him attractive, that's just personal taste. But to make such an open attack about his accent and to say that he is "up in himself"! Gerry, Gerry of all people? Come on! What did the poor guy say in the interview? I can't find one thing against him other than maybe his humour didn't come out as much, but still... Her reaction totally lacked grounds and it was mean. It's like she had her own preconceived idea about a Scottish guy making big in the US and took it from there. If this is what he has to face back home, no wonder he's been so stressed with these interviews. They even made him mess up the Scott Mills one!

And I'm not sure about their reaction to Dayna. What was it with the remark in the end, I hope you find a real guy or something to that effect? A lot of people, men and women, don't always have a partner in their life. Well, we sure know of a 40-year-old male. It's better to be alone than in bad company as the French say. This has nothing to do with Gerry. The implication was very tactless.

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

Had a good time, though it was very late...or should I say EARLY in the morning for me. I had a little difficult time hearing the ladies, but could hear the producer (David) when he came on line with me just fine.

Wanted to chime in when Viv started dissing on G, but felt it would be perceived as rude so I just shut up, plus I couldn't really tell whether I was still on with them or not.

I thought the interview they did with G was AWESOME and I loved when he said

something about he gets off and it makes him horny!

You couldn't hear me, but I was cracking up when I heard him say that.

Anyway, T'was a fun thing to do for a change of pace.

Thanks to Barb for getting the update up and for Stu for finding the link!

~ D

Dayna you were, as ever, a lady and you did us proud. Lovely interview with you and with Gerry. Stuart, you are our hero for getting it all together.

I think Dayna and Gerry both handled their interviews with grace. However, those women in the studio afterwards did a hatchet job on Gerry's accent and personality. I hope he tells them to take a hike if they call again! I have NEVER heard anyone else accuse Gerry of being "full of himself". Quite the contrary! Grrrr! Oh well, I guess not everyone has GALS!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Had a good time, though it was very late...or should I say EARLY in the morning for me. I had a little difficult time hearing the ladies, but could hear the producer (David) when he came on line with me just fine.

Wanted to chime in when Viv started dissing on G, but felt it would be perceived as rude so I just shut up, plus I couldn't really tell whether I was still on with them or not.

I thought the interview they did with G was AWESOME and I loved when he said

something about he gets off and it makes him horny!

You couldn't hear me, but I was cracking up when I heard him say that.

Anyway, T'was a fun thing to do for a change of pace.

Thanks to Barb for getting the update up and for Stu for finding the link!

~ D

Dayna, you were a lady, no need to stoop to anyone's level. That woman wouldn't get it anyway. Her mind was already made up. But what I say is why not have the guts and go and do the interview herself and give him a piece of her mind? It's easy slandering in one's absence.

Theresa

I'm beginning to realize that this is often the nature of the beast. These radio shows don't want a "nice" interview. They want controversy and they stir things up to create some sort of action.

I thought it was rude for them to invite Dayna to participate on her own time schedule (3:00 AM), and then basically ignore her after a couple questions.

But again, I guess that's how radio talk shows roll.

You always come across beautifully, Dayna. What a neat opportunity.

Swannie

I just listened and was not at all offended by his comments regarding the convention. He's just in the spirit of the show, and doesn't want to make a big deal about people having conventions in his name. It's all in silly fun, but to be honest, this type of radio show is annoying to me. I just don't care for the whole format. Gerry seems to be playing along, but some of his laughter sounds forced. I get the feeling this interview is just part of his job.

Swannie

The 21 minute interview with Gerard is now available on the BBC Radio Scotland site. It seems to have been edited as I couldn't hear any comments relating to Conventions, unless this observation actually refers to the Scott Mills BBC Radio 1 show where Conventions were mentioned.

I'm looking forward to hearing whatever multimedia have.

edited to add: To hear the 21 minute interview with Gerard it is necessary to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Edited by patsyb

I just listened and was not at all offended by his comments regarding the convention. He's just in the spirit of the show, and doesn't want to make a big deal about people having conventions in his name. It's all in silly fun, but to be honest, this type of radio show is annoying to me. I just don't care for the whole format. Gerry seems to be playing along, but some of his laughter sounds forced. I get the feeling this interview is just part of his job.

Swannie

I don't post much anymore. I have mostly gotten over my GB fever, but still have a soft spot in my heart

for my Phantom. But I do want to comment on what Swannie said regarding this interview and his remarks

about the convention.

I am not offended either, cause I know what he is talking about. If you weren't there and are perhaps a newcomer

to Gerry, you could take his remarks out of context.

I was sitting at the table Friday nite with Jereme and I heard at least one side of many conversations he had with Gerry

that nite. Gerry was conflicted, very much so, about whether to come by or not. He felt strange just that anybody was

even having a convention in his honor. I think he really wanted to come just out of curiosity , for one thing, but he

was afraid he would appear narcisistic coming to his own convention. I also met him the next day in the airport and

I got the same impression from him then, that he was just bowled over by all the attention. These are just my opinions

and the way I saw it that weekend. In spite of what others are saying, I don't think he has let fame go to his head.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one..Dayna you handled yourself well,with poise,aplomb and dignity.I thought at times the ladies(I use the term loosely)were a bit condescending and rude.Poor Gerard, I don't envy him if he has to put up with this nonstop.The insinuations were uncalled for as if you are delusional and need a "real man or relationship"We all have our priorities....

I don't like what I am reading here so I think I will pass on this interview. Sounds like a put down interview to me and Gerry never knows how to handle them. He tries to be cordial and go along but that sometimes gets him into trouble because people misinterpret what he says.

Kathy

I don't like what I am reading here so I think I will pass on this interview. Sounds like a put down interview to me and Gerry never knows how to handle them. He tries to be cordial and go along but that sometimes gets him into trouble because people misinterpret what he says.

Kathy

I'm in the same camp. But I'm glad Dayna did us proud. :)

Kathy

I'm in the same camp. But I'm glad Dayna did us proud. :)

I agree, Dayna always does us proud!!

Kathy