Gerard Butler GALS

People Sexiest Man Alive

Catwoman

Below is a side-by-side comparison picture (thank you ZANYZOMBIE). The photo on the left was published in People on 6/29/09; the image on the right is from our gallery.

No wonder People doesn't see him as sexy. They're not looking at the REAL THING! Personally speaking, I hope Gerry never makes the cover of People as I WILL NOT purchase the magazine on principle. And I certainly don't appreciate being used as a "promotional pawn" in terms of luring me to the site for "traffic." (They can charge more for the advertising when they get more traffic to their site!)

I'm beyond done. No People for me -- in any form.

First, holy shite, those two pics are shocking. What the hell did they do to him??? He's so naturally beautiful and sexy ... how could the just airbrush all that away?

I didn't realize that about advertising, etc. I removed People from my Twitter, and now that I know all this I will never buy it again, either.

Thanks, Hol, for pointing all this out.

Lisa

:tantrum: I am so disappointed.....like...COME ON.....I love Johnny Depp, but this is rediculous. I hate People Mag....I really do, they wouldn`t know what was sexy if it jumped up and bit them in the arse. I was so sure this was Gerry`s year. DANG IT!

JD was already their SMA like 4 years ago.....wtf?!?!? Whatever! Good thing I never buy their lousy excuse for a magazine anyway.

and and Johnny Depp`s last movie was "Public Enemies" about the outlaw John Dillinger. His next film is "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", he along with Heath Ledger, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law share a role that Heath Ledger was supposed to play exclusively by himself. "Alice in Wonderland" won`t be coming out until March of next year, which yes, he is playing The Mad Hatter

Johnnie Depp. Yeah, you heard me. :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

While I think JD is a nice lookin' guy and all,

THE BUTLER IS MUCH, MUCH SEXIER! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

I completely agre. I heard this yeaterday and shook my head. Not that Johnny Depp is not sexy, but come on he doesn't compare to Gerry ;)

Amanda

I posted this on my Facebook wall and so I'll share it with you guys (stop rolling your eyes).

I think People Magazine is taking the safe route. They must think that middle America finds married (or whatever JD is) men with kids sexy. The magazine is playing it safe. Gerry, on the other hand, is dangerous; the bad boy. He hasn't settled down like the others (except Clooney who isn't perceived as a bad boy). So that's what I think their thing with Gerry is. He's not safe like "America" likes things. This is why there is no poll and they do not take the fans' opinion into consideration because most of the people who vote on those things don't go for the safe ones. Even RPatz could be seen as a bit dangerous because he portrays a romantic vampire.

Anyway, that's my thought on this. They're just playing it safe - safe and boring. It's okay; Gerry doesn't need a magazine to tell him he's sexy. That's what we're here for. :kisswink:

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I agree - very safe and boring. Somebody wrote that the editors of People vote and argue over who should be the cover boy. Maybe they just couldn't come to a consensus so they finally decided on someone that would anger no one - or excite them. LOL

Even if they didn't choose Gerry there are a lot of actor's who have had a career peak this year that would have been more interesting than JD (JD's fine - just not very interesting at the moment - nothing breaking careerwise). Maybe they just couldn't agree on one.

jane

I think this list is absolute bull :tantrum: . I mean I like Johnny Depp and I think he's sexy but not as much as Gerry. I'm very dissapointed that they didn't pick someone new because this is his second time as #1. I feel like it was a little predictable. And I'm more dissapointed that they always seem to pick someone who has kids or who's married. Besides I think guys who are single and don't have kids are sexier than guys who do. And the worst thing was he didn't even get into the top 5. I'm like WTF. People magazine is full of crap anyways after they kept printing rumors about Gerry even when he denied them repeatedly. They're just another tabloid with this bogus list that's not even accurate and now we have to wait another year for them to pick someone who isn't Gerry :tantrum:

Once again this list is bogus. People Magazine can suck it.

So much for a sexy cover boy, there was video footage of him on the news this morning leaving a club all drunk and greasy looking while somebody was help him stand...

I agree with above poster People Mag can suck it lol!

Screw safe!

If life was lived in 'safe mode' what a fecking dull place it would be! It's probably just me, but sometimes ya just need to take a risk! The rewards can be beautifully life changing.

Guys, I could'nt agree with you more about *&%^$ Magazine Posted Image I can't believe that they just blew Gerard off like thatPosted Image , especially when he is soooo much hotter than JD. JD is also a very good actor but this year belongs to our guy. Oh well, there are plenty of more awards out there waiting for him and for us to vote for.

Posted Image

I was disappointed with People Magazine. Not only did they pick the wrong man this year but they used us all to get attention. They were very misleading with their hints (Johnny Depp isn't tall). I will not vote on their website again for sure. I do like Johnny Depp and they could have selected far worse but he can't compare with Gerry. Gerry is the sexiest man alive. There is something about him that makes women swoon. Johnny D. is popular and attractive but I would not define him as sexy. I thought Robert Downey Jr. would have been a better choice(for that age group) than Johnny he at least hasn't won before ( I think).

Let's face it if you were stranded on an island who would you pick to be there with you Captain Jack or King Leonidas. The answer is obvious.

One more thing People Magazine selects the worse pictures for everyone. Their pictures do no one justice.

Connie

My two cents...

We do all know these things:

Gerry IS the sexiest man alive.

He always will be.

But he's far more than a "pretty face."

He also is the sweetest, funniest, most creative, most talented, most dedicated and enthusiastic.

He has all of us who admire his many facets.

We always will.

The articles/spreads on him in the magazines around the world show Gerry as an elegant, independent thinking man.

He is his own man.

We also know...

J. Depp is a sexy, talented, true "actor" (as is GJB).

Unbelievably, Gerry still isn't at all as well known as Mr. Depp, and People Magazine wants to make as much money as possible.

Unbelievaby, I know women who think other actors are sexier than Gerry.

They're totally confused women with poor eyesight who make errors in judgement.

That's why Gerry isn't the SMA.

Except to those of us around the world that know he is absolutely THE SEXIEST Man alive!

Leslie

Leslie

:funnyup: One should only feel compasion for the poor souls.

Gerry is far better than People. Better he stick with classier magazines who appreciate him. LOL

jane

Leslie

:funnyup: One should only feel compasion for the poor souls.

Gerry is far better than People. Better he stick with classier magazines who appreciate him. LOL

jane

Doesn't matter what the poll says WE GALS all know he's the sexiest and that's all that counts ;)

I was actually talking to a friend of mine yesterday about this poll and she agreed that Gerry is sexy and a good actor, but said that she thought he could also be a bit of an A**. I stood there dumbfounded. I really didn't know how to respond. I have never thought of Gerry that way. In all the interviews I have seen he's been funny and simply delightful (if a little crude sometimes - but that's part of his charm lol)

I completely agree with the comments that the magazine was playing it "Safe"

Amanda