Gerard Butler GALS

11/19 - eau de Butler?

becozy

AXE, isn't that the Hai Karate of my generation? Better AXE though than sweaty teenage boy perhaps?

You would think ... :lol:

The right cologne on the right man is intoxicating. Overapplication of even a good perfume is never a good thing. Force the woman to come closer, bwah.

My ex-husband wears/wore Calvin Klein's Obsession for Men. :yummy: I used to smell his shirts all the time (when I loved him). He loved when I wore Calvin Klein's Eternity. Now I will never wear it again. Poor CK - lost all my business. LOL

Smells can also conjure up memories like nothing else can. Good and bad.

But yes, there are few things sexier than a man who smells amazing ... musky, like a man. :thud: Oy! That and a wicked smile will melt me every time!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about most scents is that once they mingle with your own body chemistry, it can alter the smell and something that smells divine in the bottle can smell awful once it's on you for a while!

I remember how sick I got of something called, Jade East, especially during pregnancy!

I always liked Drakkar Noir for men but most scents now make me sneeze and my eyes water.

I was walking through Dillards one day and stopped at the counter and asked if they carried Jo Malone and the woman said, "No, but I wish we did! You can find it at Nordstroms". I think it's one of those colognes you can custom mix to your own body chemistry if you want and make your own personal scent.

I've not smelled Burberry Brit but I do have the watch! Funny story....I walked in to a jewelers in Skagway, Alaska and the lady behind the counter was most probably from India or Pakistan and I asked her if she carried the Burberry watches to see if they had some other bands and she pointed me down the street to the T-Mobile store and I was totally confused until her daughter came out of the back and said, "Mom, she didn't say "blackberry, she said "Burberry"!

Delene

I've not smelled Burberry Brit but I do have the watch!

Delene

Girl, you have got to smell it. :thud: It's such a masculine smell. My son loves it, and I had to buy him his own bottle because he kept using mine (the one I ... well, never mind what I do with it). :D

I don't know if anyone has thought of "Phantom" for the name of the fragrance or Revenge (for Clyde's Revenge? But I'm sure he'll pick the right name. We''ll buy it! LOL

I once smelled several Burberry perfumes for men and they all are really good, probably Brit was one of them, I need to go back, smell it and imagine Gerry :lol:. I hate going to the perfume shops, I always leave with a headache as many people try the scents and it smells horrible as all perfumes mix in the air and it's suffocating.

I agree that perfumes need to be used very carefully, eau de cologne is milder than the concentrated perfume but some men just use it as cologne and it kills everything. I just can't stand it when our old neighbour gives me a kiss on the cheek and afterwards I carry the smell of his cologne all over me, brrrrrrrrr.

It's also true that the perfume mixes with the body scent, the sweat (well, better in small doses :D ) and it gives a whole new smell.

I remember I loved Aqua Di Gio before, it seemed so fresh and nice and light but when I was pregnant, that perfume made me nauseated and I had to abandon it.

And it's so true that perfumes are definitely an integral part of our memories, they just remind us of certain people and events...

Now Gery has no choice, he needs to create his own eau de cologne, it's all over internet :lol:

Everyone's body chemistry is just a little different. Three people could all wear the same perfume or cologne and it would smell slightly different on all three. And it's wierd, I have to wear scents that are warm or spicy. Flowery stuff turns bitter on me. I love the smell of Ralph Lauren Romance, but on me it smells like donkey butt. :lol:

Jo Malone, huh? I think I need to check that out. ;)

ETA: Just checked out Jo Malone. A wee bit expensive! Here's the link to the collection if anyone's interested.

http://www.jomalone.com/templates/fragranc...ID=CATEGORY7581

Edited by mrs_one_two

I was just wondering how we know Gerry likes/wears Burberry Brit and Jo Malone? Did he say so?

Come on, Lisa! You've sparked my interest! Do tell, what you do with your Burberry Brit???

Did anyone already mention "P.S. I Love You"? That could be for both men and women.

By the way, Mrs. One, Two, have you ever smelled a donkey's butt? :funnyup:

Delene

I was just wondering how we know Gerry likes/wears Burberry Brit and Jo Malone? Did he say so?

Come on, Lisa! You've sparked my interest! Do tell, what you do with your Burberry Brit???

Did anyone already mention "P.S. I Love You"? That could be for both men and women.

Delene

Wow - so many questions ... and yes, Kira, have you spelled a donkey's butt?

Yes, he has said so - on many occasions about Jo Malone, once about BB. I think the first time he mentions it is located in the GALS primer.

PSILY is already a scent at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Delene, I thought you had a better imagination that that! You shouldn't have to ask what I spray with it. :cunning:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Delene, I thought you had a better imagination that that! You shouldn't have to ask what I spray with it.

I have some pretty good ideas but my "imagination" may not be as sick, twisted and perved as yours. Just wanted to hear it from you. :funnyup:

Delene

Delene, I thought you had a better imagination that that! You shouldn't have to ask what I spray with it.

I have some pretty good ideas but my "imagination" may not be as sick, twisted and perved as yours. Just wanted to hear it from you. :funnyup:

Delene

I am NOT sick and twisted. :lmao: I have sprayed it on my bedding ... once ... okay twice ... :eek:

Delene

I am NOT sick and twisted. :lmao: I have sprayed it on my bedding ... once ... okay twice ... :eek:

OK, if that's the truth, that is pretty benign. I guess I am more sick and twisted than you. :embarassed:

Delene

Delene

OK, if that's the truth, that is pretty benign. I guess I am more sick and twisted than you. :embarassed:

Delene

Yes, that's the truth. What the HELL else would YOU do with it?

Delene

Delene

Yes, that's the truth. What the HELL else would YOU do with it?

Oh....nevermind.

Delene

That's a beautiful graphic, Frannie!!

I still love Jo Malone Nutmeg & Ginger, and for my olfactory senses, it will always translate as GERRY!

My daughter bought me some PSILY lotion from Bath & Body Works. It's a wee bit strong for me (I prefer Cherry Blossom) and occasionally, I'll spritz a wee bit of N&G on to mix with the floral fragrance of CB.

Thanks Katie....the seahorse just threw me into a graphic making frenzy! :p

I am going to have to find Jo Malone...I've heard so much about it ...well Christmas is coming right?

:wave: Frannie

Frannie, I'm like you - I need to finally find that Jo Malone perfume and smell it once and for all ! :lol:

I saw a girl from Japan just almost next to me who brought Jo Malone bag with perfume as a present for Gerry to Glasgow premiere so I guess he will use it for some time. It intrigues me a lot now that everyone is mentioning it.

Is it a UK brand?

and yes, Kira, have you spelled a donkey's butt?

Not lately. :lmao:

I can't believe I had to go back and read all the pages to see where smelling a Donkey's Butt subject came from!! Okay ...I'm good now! :doh:

:wave: Frannie

I just got a catalog that happens to have Brit by Burberry in it for him and her ...It's 59 bucks for hers...Is this about right??