Gerard Butler GALS
jojo23

Pug Picture in TUT

OK everyone, stick with me on this one. I think I might be going a bit loopy, must be all the excitement from Glasgow!!

I just received my copy of TUT in post today :yay: and am sitting watching it now. I noticed the security/ID pass that Gerry (as Mike) is wearing in a few of the scenes. Don't ask me why I noticed that of all things. Looking at it closely, there is a picture on it, which is probably supposed to be a picture of the person wearing it... I think on the one that Gerry is wearing is a picture of a Pug... :pug:

Could this be a little nod to Lolita? I don't know.

Just thought I would post to see if anyone else had noticed :D

OK everyone, stick with me on this one. I think I might be going a bit loopy, must be all the excitement from Glasgow!!

I just received my copy of TUT in post today :yay: and am sitting watching it now. I noticed the security/ID pass that Gerry (as Mike) is wearing in a few of the scenes. Don't ask me why I noticed that of all things. Looking at it closely, there is a picture on it, which is probably supposed to be a picture of the person wearing it... I think on the one that Gerry is wearing is a picture of a Pug... :pug:

Could this be a little nod to Lolita? I don't know.

Just thought I would post to see if anyone else had noticed :D

Yes, that is the Lovely Lolita, doggie daughter of our Mr. G. That piece on movie memorabilia will NEVER be sold on Ebay. lol lol I'm confident Mr. G will be keeping that momento.

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Edited by Miss S

I'm not sure, but I think we've got a picture of it somewhere. LOL (You're not going nuts)

:thankyou: ladies for clearing that up. I was beginning to think I was losing it.

Oh and how cute... I do like to think Gerry has kept that as a little memento.

OMG, how could I have missed this? I love when they put little personal things liek that into movies :)

Amanda

I personally feel having Lolita's pic on the ID badge was his idea. Why be like everyone else!?? He's not your average kinda guy. He's sooo"afflicted" with Peter Pan Syndrome. Who said we have to grow up....well at least all the way! lol lol

The Divine Miss S :rose:

You know, I didn't even notice. I think I was distracted by Gerry. :lol:

I didn't notice it either! :doh: Guess I'll have to watch it again cause I only watched it 13 times so far!!

:wave: Frannie

I think I am going to have to watch it again.

Ho, Hum. Oh what a chore. :rotflmao:

I know I noticed it in the theatres, on the big screen. :) It's a little harder to see on the small screen, but you notice it when you're looking for it. I remember also seeing people comment on it contemporaneously. Wow... couldn't I have just said "at the time?" :doh:

Steph

oh, goodie Posted Image another excuse to rewatch this film (like I need onePosted Image ) .. Now, you do realize that I'm going to have to go and watch the scenes you guys are talking about !!

Here's something else I noticed in TUT movie. When Gerry gets up from the desk across from Katherine he puts his hand over the ID tag because he knew he would be exposing the ID tag to a close up camera. I think he wanted the ID tag to be subtle and not on the large screen. I think he also knew that only his fans would spot Lolita on that tag. Forever the jokester!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

DANG! Now I have to go and watch it yet again to see that part!! :doh: A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! :p

:wave: Frannie

Me, too! How could I have missed that? Certainly have seen the movie enough

times! Guess I must have been looking at his...face? Just dvr'd the movie last

night so I can have it a one push of a button! Love Mike C. Love Gerry B.

Judy

Me, too! How could I have missed that? Certainly have seen the movie enough

times! Guess I must have been looking at his...face?

And we all know how difficult it is to look at that face! Yep, I've lost count of how many times I've watched THE UGLY TRUTH before I noticed the pic of Lolita. I'm "stuck" either staring at his face or his legs in those jeans... such torture.