Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard Butler Hangs Baby Outside Window À La Michael Jackson

I didn't hear this interview, yet anyway. but Gerry can make up for whatever he slighted us by posting in the "messages from Gerry" forum! I'm tired of looking at that goose egg that resides there!

Just kidding, of course!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, we're encouraged to share our feelings and then BAM!

You call it the way you see it; please allow me to do the same.

I have been a fan of Gerry's for years, and a moderator on this site for years. I am STILL a fan of Gerry's!

Perhaps I'm just in a different phase of my fandom than some others. I seldom open up to share my feelings on the forum. I will remind myself of this when I'm tempted again to actually express an opinion.

If I recall, Gerry said a long time ago that he didn't think he should go to the Vegas Convention because it looked like he was being full of himself, or words to that effect. Scottish people are humble people. They are criticized if they get a big head and I know Gerry felt it would look bad that he would show up at his own Convention. How many times does he have to explain that to get fans to understand how he felt. It had nothing to do with the gals there at the convention. He wasn't putting anyone or the Convention down. To say he didn't stick up for his fans on that horrible radio interview is being egotistical. He had more problems on that radio show to deal with than to worry about defending everything said to him on that show. He was also running low on energy. Give him a break and stop putting him under a microscope all of the time. I would hate to have everyone listening to everything I said all of the time. He must be worn out trying to satisfy everyone in his world. I know I would be.

Kathy

Kathy,

In case any of your observations were pointed in my direction, I just want to clarify that I did not say that my "disappointment" was from the recent radio interview G did.

I totally understand G's point of view about feeling weird by going to a convention in one's own honor!

Weird or not, for whatever reason, he did make an appearance in '06 in Vegas, and I'll always be grateful

for it.

Gerry is a silly boy ... nothing more, nothing less. He's a goober - I told you. Like anyone else you love and support, you take the good with the bad. Ignore what you can, love the rest ... he's just a dude.

I'm glad I missed all this ... I'm going to sit outside with my kids now and wait for the midnight show of New Moon to start. :wave:

Lisa

Kathy,

In case any of your observations were pointed in my direction, I just want to clarify that I did not say that my "disappointment" was from the recent radio interview G did.

I totally understand G's point of view about feeling weird by going to a convention in one's own honor!

Weird or not, for whatever reason, he did make an appearance in '06 in Vegas, and I'll always be grateful

for it.

My statements were not directed to any one person. It is a response from bits and pieces that were brought up. Trouble with voicing opinions is that someone will take it personally. That's why I didn't respond earlier. People always get hurt. I was responding because we have Newbies here and they don't know what Gerry said about the Convention and I didn't want them to get the wrong opinion of how he felt about it.

I agree with Jennifer that this thread should be closed. I think enough damage has been done already.

Kathy

Whoever said that Gerry needed to be below the radar for a while, I agree. Doesn’t he realize that negative attention is not a good thing in people’s eyes? Now, Gerry seems like a nice enough guy, and I would hate to think he meant harm by that plant incident, but I do wonder why he did it in the first place. What made Gerry decide to hold a plant out the window with a blanket wrapped around it?

I wish Gerry would go back to the days before 300. At least when he did stupid things, everyone didn’t know about it. I’m starting to miss the actor. All I’m seeing at times is some immature celebrity. Now, there is nothing wrong with being a big child (my father is sometimes, and he also has a morbid sense of humor at times), but Gerry honestly needs to calm down with his weird, spontaneous actions. He needs to think before he leaps, or he’s really going to get into serious trouble one day. I want the deep-thinking Gerry back, if he ever existed. Or was that just an illusion? But to crack a joke in this moment of seriousness, I hope that Gerry at least watered the plant.

I’m starting to think that Gerry is not all there, and I don’t mean that in a bad way. A little insanity always helps an artist perfect his work in my opinion. I’m just saying that Gerry needs to think more before he speaks and he acts. I don’t think that’s too much to ask out of a 40 year old man. Then again, my father is older than Gerry, and I quite despise some of the things that come outs his [my father’s] mouth.

Now, I will acknowledge that I’m not obsessed with Gerry, I’m obsessed with his voice and an idea that I have of him, an idea that does not always hold up (which makes sense, a person is rarely the same as an idea you have of him/her). I honestly need to find myself a boyfriend because I haven’t been feeling well since I heard about the plant incident, and I’ve been debating with myself whether or not I should call Gerry an idiot.

Don’t bash me for my opinions. I generally do support Gerry in his strange moments but perhaps he went too far this time. I don’t know. I just know that if it wasn’t Gerry, I wouldn’t be affected so much. I wouldn’t be getting so upset if it was someone besides Gerry. I just want to know, Gerry, why? Why?

There's no need to close it. Everyone's being respectful for the most part.

Cripes we can't win for losing. A thread gets going, we shut it down because everyone gets pissy and we don't want to see more "hurt feelings" and the MS is accused of being "heavy handed" and "oppressive" for not letting people "have their say." We try to sit back and let the thing run it's course and now we're sitting here reading "this thread should be closed..."

If you don't want to beat a dead horse and/or "hurt any feelers" stop freaking posting and let the thread die. It's not a big deal. It's the way of the forum world. We've got 1000s of dead threads in this place. Ultimately, this one will be no different.

In all fairness, though, I don’t think people would care so much if MJ was still alive. I honestly say that death doesn’t change someone, but some people consider it taboo to mock someone who is dead. I’m not sure whether or not Gerry was mocking MJ. I really don’t know why I’m getting so upset over some stupid plant. It must be a woman thing.

I agree this thread should be closed. I am sure Gerry never meant to hurt anyone's feelings. He is just himself. I have been a member of other actors fansites before and believe me no actor cares about what their fans do or think as much as Gerry. Most actors don't sign items for their fans or go extra steps to see their fans. Gerry is doing the best he can do. He truly doesn't owe his time to his fans. But he does give a lot of time to all of us. Maybe he does say or do the wrong thing sometimes but he does have a good heart even though sometimes he acts like everyone's baby brother.

Gerry constantly amazes me, shocks me, he is never boring. There is no one quite like him. If your thing is a Mr. Darcy type he is not the one for you. He is much more like the Phantom sometimes a gentleman sometimes a bit crazy. He is a highlander for sure.

I do respect all of your opinions and hope that my comments do not hurt any feelings.

Cheers to you all!

Connie

I've already showed this to one of the MJ fanbases and guess what? They're offended and some of them were also fans of GB. Personally I think it was really ignorant of him and real stupid of him to do so and plus he probably did not have the Jackson family in mind and how they would think about it. Especially Michael's children. This isn't going to stop me from enjoying the actors that I admire but if I were to ever run into Gerry, I hope I'm wearing my MJ shirt that my dear Grandmother bought me from the local Hot Topic. Don't know what it would achieve though but it would atleast let him know that there are or maybe now were fans in both bases. Anyways this is just my 2 cents. Everyone can go back to their lives!

Paige :wave:

Honestly, I don't think these Gerry's pics means anything to me. It just something that happen on that day in his (and some people's) life on that day.

What make me feel really sad is that human are affected by the media so easily...

It is so easy to affect people's feelings / mood / sense just by the words / the pictures /or even some videos that only cited some part of the interview.

and... ...

That's what the media / press want. Their report affect your impressions about something in some way.

Isn't that the same media/press that make MJ like a weirdo?

Isn't that the same media / press make you hate or like a person / a country / a culture?

Isn't that the same media / press that politician use to play their game / try to affect election..etc...?

sigh

Edited by Jeanwhale

I guess I was the only one to not find this funny.....call me a buzz kill...but I think taking jabs at MJ post mortum is kind of cruel. just my two cents. :2cents::hide:

Well I agree with you I actually don't find this funny either. Michael was constantly hounded by the media printing lies and garbage about him something I would think Gerry would understand as he is in the spotlight as well. I thought he would have been a little more understanding it is so easy to make a mistake and to become a joke to everyone this can be so hurtful. Michael never lived this mistake down and was constantly reminded of it.

I have been a fan of Gerrys for over 10 years i adore him and yes I have been a fan of Michaels for 30 years so I am sorry if this offends you but I don't find it funny. I guess I am a little disappointed in Gerry I thought he was better than that.

If you joked about MJ before he died, I don't see the difference joking about him after he has died.

Well I am now and always will be a huge Michael Jackson fan and have never said anything negative about him b/c jabbing fun at him like everyone else just feeds into the media frenzy, and I for one refuse to be a part of that. I refuse to fuel such cynicism.

A death to which he was partly responsible for, IMO. Murray may have been incompetent but I suspect Michael was having problems finding good doctors willing to do his bidding. Sometimes money doesn't buy you everything.

as for this statement.....I am not even going to get into this.....because quite frankly I know a great deal about medicine and physician etiquette and it would taken me forever to fully comprehend my feelings.

Michael Jackon is no longer alive and I am appalled that he still continues to be ridiculed and mocked....let the King of Pop rest in peace already.

Thank you so much AngelofMusic I agree with you 100% on all counts and I thank you for speaking up. I wonder now what would happen if our Gerry made a mistake like that in the public eye and spent the rest of his days reminded of it constantly by the press and other artists it wouldn't be funny at all would it? Well you can shoot me down if you want this is simply how I feel.

Edited by JuliasAngel

I really wish Gerry had not done the MJ thing. I am pretty sure he wasn't thinking about the impact by looking at the smile on his face. I do not think this will mean anything hurtful to MJ's family. They have been in media too long to really care what other people especially other entertainers think. They have went on with their lives. I wish MJ had had a better life. I wish his family would have been more aware of his problems with drugs. I know sometimes that is impossible to know everything about family members but I do think he needed some true friends. He took care of everyone at least financially. He was on another level as a entertainer. That being said I believe that MJ fans should forgive and forget about Gerry's MJ blunder. As I am sure that many of GB's fans choose to remember the good things about MJ's life not the tabloid stuff. Unfortunately, I hear others in the media on the news shows etc about MJ all the time. And some of the news people report things for the "gossip" I really don't think that Gerry had any intentions of reminding others of that point in MJ's life I think he was trying to be funny. I wish Gerry would comment why he did the balcony scene. I will never believe he did so with malice...it doesn't seem to be his style. I have never heard of him ever saying a negative thing about anyone...maybe a joke but not in malice. And remember there would have been no scene if MJ himself had not actually created the scene with his child. If MJ can be forgiven for the balcony scene because he was on drugs then Gerry should be forgiven because he was obviously too tired to think.

Again, I did not post to hurt anyone's feelings. Hope we can go on and forget this topic .

Connie

I think the world has become so darn politically correct that you can't say or do anything funny anymore. SOMEONE is going to get their panties in a wad over something. I actually respect someone MORE for saying 'too bad so sad' than for someone to have a laugh then turn around and apologize for it.

Was it crazy? Yes. Maybe not a great idea? Sure...but it was hella funny.

Gerry, darlin, don't apologize for having a laugh and poking fun at someone. People need to lighten up and stop being so darn sensitive. You can't please everyone and if you try you will lose yourself. It's ok to tell people to f_off. If any fans stop liking you for having a warped sense of humor, then they weren't your fans in the first place.

I remember when humor was actually funny and people LIKED it. Now you can't say anything. Well, others can't. I do as I choose. And don't care who likes it.

Edited by LadyScot

Made A mistake? Gawd, Jackson made so many they can't be counted.

I think it's time to end this madness.

I'm getting so PO'd my blood pressure is about to go through the roof. Guess what? I'm not now nor never have been a Jackson fan. IMO, he was a creepy crawly dispicable creature and always has been. So shoot me. Sanity seems to have returned even on the IMDb board where strangely 99 percent seem to support Gerry in this.

What does that say? Most posters on the previously hated IMDb support him but Gals lets this madness continue in some sort of cleansing bs?

Big mistake. I'll go on supporting him personally. But, I'm really disappointed in Gals leaders' reasoning to let this junk go on. Sad I'm more in tune with IMDb than gals. With friends like these, who needs enemies? Anyway, he's gone way beyond needing a few hundred people on fan sites.

I love you Gerry. Bottom line. I just love you. There have been a couple of times I've been fed up here in the past, but I stayed around. But not now. Goodbye Gals. I'm sure I won't be missed.

Cripes we can't win for losing. A thread gets going, we shut it down because everyone gets pissy and we don't want to see more "hurt feelings" and the MS is accused of being "heavy handed" and "oppressive" for not letting people "have their say." We try to sit back and let the thing run it's course and now we're sitting here reading "this thread should be closed..."

If you don't want to beat a dead horse and/or "hurt any feelers" stop freaking posting and let the thread die. It's not a big deal. It's the way of the forum world. We've got 1000s of dead threads in this place. Ultimately, this one will be no different.

Did ANYONE even read Holly's post?!? :tantrum:

I'm sorry that some have been offended - on both sides - but we were trying, as Holly mentioned, to afford discussion and not be "heavy handed" or "oppressive." Seriously...we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

I think the vast majority of the membership thinks ENOUGH ALREADY! But why should we close it because we're sick of it? Do you REALLY think we Mods/Admins ENJOY having to police this thread?

I think it's time for me to go to bed because right now, I'M the one getting pissy and it ain't got nothin' to do with GB or MJ.

~ D

Did ANYONE even read Holly's post?!? :tantrum:

I'm sorry that some have been offended - on both sides - but we were trying, as Holly mentioned, to afford discussion and not be "heavy handed" or "oppressive." Seriously...we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

I think the vast majority of the membership thinks ENOUGH ALREADY! But why should we close it because we're sick of it? Do you REALLY think we Mods/Admins ENJOY having to police this thread?

I think it's time for me to go to bed because right now, I'M the one getting pissy and it ain't got nothin' to do with GB or MJ.

~ D

D, don't sweat it. Someone will always get pissy. As long as they don't get ME wet I could care less. :)

OK Here comes the comedy relief!!!

"Hi! I'm Deb and I have a case of GALS and am a proud member of Heavy PeTN. "

Damn those pesky radical PeTN's! Can we have more where those came from?

What I find alarming and very sad is that having Gerry come out number one in a Best British Actor Poll gets basically no play on one of his most popular fan sites, but yet this ridiculous or 'controversial' act in hanging a potted plant out a window has over 3,000 views going on 4,000!!!!

Now that is sad!!!!!

Girls, the media is over this and to be honest, was never really making a big deal about it. On two televised shows I caught; TMZ and E! they both laughed it off as Gerry having a laugh. No one was hurt.

It seems so many of you have waited so long for Gerry to make it so big and now that he is a bonafide Alister and seemingly through it all, has NOT changed in being the fun, cheeky, off the cuff guy he's always been - shouldn't we embrace him for what he is??? Even people we marry and vow to spend our lives with, anger us from time to time. He is Gerry, will hopefully always be Gerry for better or worse.