Gerard Butler GALS

When did you realise you had GALS...

terezoulini

Jo, isn't it funny how we can look at Gerry in one role and think "wow, he's good looking" and then see him in another role and get completely blown away? I've had many many people say that they didn't realize he was Phantom or the guy from 300, etc. He's such a fabulous actor that he can change his look/personality and someone doesn't even realize it.

He's simply amazing.

Lisa, I couldn't agree with you more. I couldn't believe it myself when I realised I had seen all these film with him and I didn't even know it was the same actor.

BTW, love the photo in your siggy, the "breathless" one; where is it from?

Theresa

It's a picture from the Los Angeles LAC premiere. :wuv: I love it, too. Thank you!

Theresa

It's a picture from the Los Angeles LAC premiere. :wuv: I love it, too. Thank you!

You guys are so good at this "fandom" thing. You see the most amazing things I don't until you point them out. It's like we're looking at different photos. You understand the rules, I get moderated all the time. You understand Gerry, I seem to criticize a lot. Right now I feel like a rotten fan. Maybe it's the time of day (almost midnight where I am), maybe stuck inside my home for more than a month it's taking its toll, maybe I'm overworked, who knows. I'm super emotional right not. Better keep a low profile for a while before I mess things up even more... :-(

Theresa

You guys are so good at this "fandom" thing. You see the most amazing things I don't until you point them out. It's like we're looking at different photos. You understand the rules, I get moderated all the time. You understand Gerry, I seem to criticize a lot. Right now I feel like a rotten fan. Maybe it's the time of day (almost midnight where I am), maybe stuck inside my home for more than a month it's taking its toll, maybe I'm overworked, who knows. I'm super emotional right not. Better keep a low profile for a while before I mess things up even more... :-(

Theresa

Fandom is one thing (all about Gerry); learning about the culture, etc. of a fan board is another (learning how to get along with other fans). Honey, you'll get it, and then even after that you'll still make mistakes. Trust me, I get moderated, spanked, etc. all the time. I don't do "rules" very well, and sometimes forget the etiquette needed on a public board.

Everyone is different, but I believe 100% that part of what you're going through is being stuck with a broken leg for so long. Mine was broken for 2 months and I was off work for an extra month and I'm pretty sure I was a raging bitch by the end (this was 12 years ago).

Everything takes time ... give yourself a break. :hug1:

Lisa

Theresa

Theresa

Theresa!!!!!!!!!!!

dont be sooo sillly! you start amazing threads and have fantastic links to great Gerry interviews!

your just having a bad day!!

when that leg is better you get yourself over here!!!!!!!!!!

the scottish air will do you great!

and so what if you crtisise things the world is not perfect

if we didnt have critisisms we would have noo improvements in making the world a better place

your not a rotten fan just because you disagree, it shows you are a strong,opinionated gorgeousssssss woman who knows what she admires and doesnt!

i envy you sooo much!!

you are

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

natalie

xoxo

Natalie a £2000 ring the fookin cheapskate - he's Scottish all right :rotflmao:

I think the problem with us UK fans being late on the uptake is he pretty much left our shores and even when he was over here attending the odd premiere he never appeared on chat shows so apart from his looks we had very little else to go on. Like so many when i properly discovered him i realised i had Reign of Fire, Timeline, Tomb Raider 2 and POTO in my DVD collection not having paid much attention. I always thought he was very boyish looking and found him attractive but that was as far as it went untl I saw 300 then my #1 Robbie Williams seemed to get edged out - it was a monumental day that was :lmao:

I found myself wanting to know more and like alot of you fell hook line and sinker after watching the old Lenos and Fergusons. Through all that I found GBNet and ultimately GBGals and know while Gerry is the glue that keeps us together it has become so much more than him. A common occurance is seeing so many people whose friends and family dont get them and they are so glad to have found Gals etc to actually feel like they are normal and not losing it. It isn't just single women looking to fill the void Gerry seems to have affected so many people in different ways and I always say when you "get" Gerry there is no getting away from him no matter how hard you try. It was so nice to hear some newbies in Glasgow say they understand now why the longtimers keep attending stuff. Its hard to describe that first time seeing him in the flesh realising he is actually not a figment of your imagination afterall. Some are happy to just have him on the computer screen/big screen and that does not make them any less of a fan than those who can attend PAs. I love seeing new fans meet Gerry and tell them like what was told to me not to feel stupid if afterwards you get emotional or feel a bit down - its natural the "comedown" don't fight it ladies :lmao:.

I have never quite come across a fandom like Gerry's and what I like about Gals is we are not all the same, we do not all have the same opinions but we are very respectful of each other and more importantly Gerry. He knows a big part of his success is down to his fanbase hence why he is so fan friendly.

Moira