Gerard Butler GALS

IS TERRY THE STRANGER????

Guest Aislinn

Guest Aislinn

I think I am losing it big time. Not only do I watch Gerry's movies over and over and over again, but now I am dreaming up alternate endings and sequels. Here's the latest. I was watching Dear Frankie and could not help but notice the similiarities between the Stranger and Terry Sheridan.

1. They are both Scottish.

2. They both have similar hairstyles.

3. They both like to wear leather coats. (Okay, that's stretching it I know)

But wouldn't it be a cool sequel (or alternate ending) if Terry was not killed by that witch Lara Croft and somehow survived as a merchant sailor because everyone is looking for him. So, when his ship pulls into home port, the only one he has contact with is his sister.

It could explain why he is so secretive...doesn't want to give his name....hmmmn.

Just look at these pics.....Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

What do you think??? Okay, I'm pulling at straws but I am still mad that Terry was killed by Croft. For someone so skilled, she could have found another way to make him leave the Pandora device. Makes me sooo mad!

~ Aislinn/Ashley

Ashley ~

BRILLIANT! I like that concept. I believe that after Terry SURVIVES the bullet wound from Lara, he decides to sign on as a merchant sailor and change his life for the better. This, however, takes time and when his transformation is complete, he returns home as the Stranger and the rest, as they say, is history! I likie!

:hugs:

Dr. Em

Guest Aislinn

Dr. Em ---

Thanks! Great minds think alike! :headspin: Got have a happy ending!!!! It really bugs me when characters I love in books or movies are either killed off or you don't know what happens to them.

And I love the part in Dear Frankie when she asks him his name and he says, "What was Frankie's Da's name?" He is obviously hiding something -- and it would tie in nicely with those MI6 people trying to hunt him down. They weren't keen on Terry Sheridan being let out of prison...remember.

Plus, Terry was redeemable -- I think.

Posted ImagePosted Image

They almost look like they are from the same movie.

((Hugs))

~ Aislinn/Ashley

Dr. Em ---

Thanks! Great minds think alike! :headspin: Got have a happy ending!!!! It really bugs me when characters I love in books or movies are either killed off or you don't know what happens to them.

And I love the part in Dear Frankie when she asks him his name and he says, "What was Frankie's Da's name?" He is obviously hiding something -- and it would tie in nicely with those MI6 people trying to hunt him down. They weren't keen on Terry Sheridan being let out of prison...remember.

Plus, Terry was redeemable -- I think.

Posted ImagePosted Image

They almost look like they are from the same movie.

((Hugs))

~ Aislinn/Ashley

This is great! After thinking about it, it all makes perfect sense. Besides, how can anyone die in the "Cradle of Life" -- he obviously was "reborn" into a caring, sensitive guy while still retaining all the hotness of his former self....oh, I'm liking this ending sooooo much more... :inlove:

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen Dear Frankie so I can't comment on that other than the few clips I've seen. But much as I loved TR2, I was pissed off when Lara killed Terry. I didn't get why she did that at all.

That said, I totally agree with your idea. In an alternate universe, I don't see why it couldn't work like that. What better way to make a new life for yourself after everything Terry went through than to go under an alias. And you don't get much more incognito than "Stranger" without physical alterations that I can't see either of them doing.

Well, the only way I could entertain that idea...

Somehow Terry was 'reborn' because of the COL and in his new life had integrity, empathy, selflessness (not selfishness!)

Traits lacking in Terry but not The Stranger :cool:

Terry was an egotist, a liar and untrustworthy...oh, yeah...and misunderstood~in his own mind.

Hey, if we can buy that The Phantom was simply misunderstood and mistreated and not a possessive control freak and murderer then we should easily be able to buy Terry Sheridan reborn as The Stranger. Terry was definitely redeemable and once redeemed (after the gunshot) he decided to remake his life and realized that Lara Croft may have been hot but she was just wrong for him. He couldn't stay with Lizzie and Frankie just yet because he still has "business to take care of" like clearing himself with MI6. By now both he and Lara have moved on (isn't she pregnant by some guy who looks like Brad Pitt?) and Terry is almost ready to think about a different lifestyle, that of husband and daddy.

When I read the title of the thread I thought "what the heck?" but I really like the idea and how you presented it Aislinn. :clap:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I am losing it big time. Not only do I watch Gerry's movies over and over and over again, but now I am dreaming up alternate endings and sequels. Here's the latest. I was watching Dear Frankie and could not help but notice the similiarities between the Stranger and Terry Sheridan.

1. They are both Scottish.

2. They both have similar hairstyles.

3. They both like to wear leather coats. (Okay, that's stretching it I know)

But wouldn't it be a cool sequel (or alternate ending) if Terry was not killed by that witch Lara Croft and somehow survived as a merchant sailor because everyone is looking for him. So, when his ship pulls into home port, the only one he has contact with is his sister.

It could explain why he is so secretive...doesn't want to give his name....hmmmn.

Just look at these pics.....Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

What do you think??? Okay, I'm pulling at straws but I am still mad that Terry was killed by Croft. For someone so skilled, she could have found another way to make him leave the Pandora device. Makes me sooo mad!

~ Aislinn/Ashley

This is my first post on GB.Gals and I couldn't have started off on a better foot. I love your concept. Terry Sheridan turns into the Stranger, oh I love it. They happen to be by far two of his sexiest performances for a contempory man. Oh does Lizzie know what she is in for??? Their three AMs will never be the same..........New York Gal

Okay, gotta play Devil's Advocate here for a moment. Y'all are messin' with my mind here...The Stranger is one of my favorite tender, kind-hearted, soft spoken, and completely genuine characters of all time. Terry Sheridan is a charming but totally selfish and mercenary ne'er do well. (Just ask him if he's ever done well, and he'd be the first to say "Ne'er!" ::D: )

Yes, they may look alike...how can they not, with Gerry playing them both...BUT...the differences in their character is enormous. Terry was willing to put the ENTIRE WORLD in jeopardy to get monetary gain. The Stranger is willing to put his entire world ON HOLD just to help a little deaf boy and his sad, lonely mom.

Now, don't get me wrong. I actually think Terry is sexier than The Stranger...we ALL love a bad boy, don't we?...BUT I refuse to think my sweet Stranger has a past wherein he is selfish and evil. I'm convinced he is a victim of some heartless woman (probably his wife) who jilted him by running off with his best friend, and THAT is why he's so stern looking and self-contained. He's guarding his heart against another terrible hurt. And it's love for Frankie that opens him up again, and heals him.

As for why Lara (and believe me, I don't like her at all) shot Terry...have we forgotten that he was drawing HIS gun to kill HER? If you missed THAT, take another look. He is determined to take Pandora's Box for himself and he reaches around to his waistband for his gun. She's just faster than he. So sadly, he's left lying alone in the cave, and we don't get to enjoy his charming demeanor any longer. But he asked for it.

Just my two cents' worth, once again...hope no one minds if I share my point of view. (No one around my house pays any attention to it, but I feel compelled to express it from time to time, anyway.)

Marcia

PS...I didn't mean for my post above to sound "preachy," at all. I was just blown away by the idea that the gentle and kind and totally unselfish Stranger had ever been a self-centered, money-hungry mercenary, willing to betray his men, his country and his girl, and then willing to KILL said girl over his "right" to take a box full of Death and release it into the world.

I know you were being "tongue in cheek" with the idea, but hey, SOMEBODY'S got to defend The Stranger, doncha know? I mean, MARIE'S BROTHER??? A charming, but cold-hearted killer? Try as I might, I don't buy that. Nope. Terry is dead in the Cradle of Life cave, where (SADLY) he earned that bullet by trying to kill Lara and make a fortune, at the expense of others, once again. As Lara told him when he was handcuffed to the ship's bed, he couldn't be trusted to make the right decision, and sure enough, he didn't. *sigh*

Have any of you watched the alternate ending of TR, btw? It is much sweeter...but far less believable and dramatic. I heard neither Gerard nor Angelina liked it, either.

Marcia

I don't think you were being preachy in your first post. I think you brought up some valid points. The two characters are just so different from each other, I have a hard time reconciling that Terry could become The Stranger.

But, since I don't like that Terry ended up dead in TR2, this at least makes you think that maybe he could have moved onto another life. Personally, I just hate thinking that gorgeous Terry's life ended so tragically.

It's fun, though, to try to merge the two characters. It would explain the Stranger's reticence to talk about his past. But I think the "woman leaving him" makes more sense from a reality standpoint. Of course, what woman in her right mind would leave him either. :thud: (Oops, there go my hormones again!)

I don't think you were being preachy in your first post. I think you brought up some valid points. The two characters are just so different from each other, I have a hard time reconciling that Terry could become The Stranger.

But, since I don't like that Terry ended up dead in TR2, this at least makes you think that maybe he could have moved onto another life. Personally, I just hate thinking that gorgeous Terry's life ended so tragically.

It's fun, though, to try to merge the two characters. It would explain the Stranger's reticence to talk about his past. But I think the "woman leaving him" makes more sense from a reality standpoint. Of course, what woman in her right mind would leave him either. :thud: (Oops, there go my hormones again!)

I agree that it is awful to see poor Terry lying there in that dark cave (why does Gerry always end up in the daaaahkness, daaaahkness?) alone and crumpled on the ground. But dang it, anyway...why did he HAVE to go and make another BAD CHOICE??? I don't blame her for shooting him at all...it was him or her at that point. His gun was coming around pretty darn fast, and he had already knocked the crap out of her, too. They would have made SUCH a good team, but nooooooo...he has to go and be a moron again. Grrrrrrr.

Now The Stranger...well, I'M convinced that he has a past that has hurt him deeply. I think it is why Marie wants so desperately for he and Lizzie to hit it off. She loves them both and wants to see them happy. And I really think the ONLY explanation for The Stranger's demeanor (especially in the beginning when he was so hard and "locked up") is that he has been terribly hurt in his past. He has his guard up and is determined to carry through with the business deal he has agreed upon. But Frankie gets through to him...oh, you see it so beautifully and clearly in the aquarium scene, don't you? You just know the moment he realizes what a special little boy Frankie is, and everything changes for him at that point.

And I believe that the only kind of pain that can lock a man up in that particular way is the pain of loving someone and being not just HURT but BETRAYED by them. That's why I think it was probably a wife. It seems deeper than losing a girlfriend. It seems like the kind of hurt you suffer when the person you love and TRUST most in the world betrays you. I picture him away on his ship and his wife taking up with his best friend...something really dreadful like that. Something he is determined not to set himself up for again. But Marie knows he needs to love again, and she surely knows Lizzie does, as well...hence, her plan to put them together.

Hmmm...this is digressing into a discussion about Dear Frankie, I guess...truly one of my favorite movies!

Good to chat with you, though!

Hugs,

Marcia

One of my favorite movies too. :inlove:

Definitely an interesting topic to explore.

Hmmm, exploring Gerry. Nice thought. (Well, maybe NICE isn't the right word.) :cunning:

Tell ya what...I'll hold him down while YOU explore him, and then you can do the same for ME!

:whome2:

Hehehehe,

Marcia

Works for me! :kisswink:

It's all about teamwork, eh?

And I'm honored that you would let me go first. I'm not sure how he'll hold up after I'm done though. :cunning:

Oh, don't you worry about meeeeee...if there's a breath of life left IN him, I'll REVIVE him! A little mouth to mouth, and he'll be good as new! *nodding happily, here* And THEN, I'll show ya why some men actually PREFER Older Women! *still nodding*

:drool1::drool1::drool1:

Hehe,

Marcia

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'm older than Gerry too so the poor man doesn't stand a chance!! :licky: :cunning:

Yeah, but I'M older 'n' DIRT! MY SON is almost as old as Gerry!!! (He'll be 35 next month!) ACK!!!! But do I care? NOPE....because I know that Gerry is just a Fantasy Man, and in my FANTASIES, I can be ANY AGE I want!!! (And I look just like Christine...and SOUND like her, too. Well, sometimes, I look a lot like Lizzie Morrison and have a Scottish accent. )

But whatever...between us, we'll EXPLORE Gerry until he begs for MERCY!! :muahaha:

:snog:

Marcia