Gerard Butler GALS

12/1 - Butler Becomes Glasgow's Film Ambassador

raynbow

Gerard Butler to be made ambassador of Glasgow Film Office

The Hollywood star will hope his new role will mean it is easier to film in the city.

01 December 2009 06:15 AM

Hollywood star Gerard Butler will be made an ambassador for the Glasgow Film Office on Tuesday.

It is hoped that Mr Butler’s endorsement of the office will help the Glasgow Film Partnership, which has been created to make the process of filming on location in Glasgow as simple as possible.

Ahead of the launch, which will take place on Tuesday morning, Mr Butler said: "I'm very honoured to be asked to be Glasgow Film Office's ambassador. Anything I can do to support the local film and television industry is worthwhile.

"I wish Glasgow Film Office every success in the launch of the Glasgow Film Partnership and hope the benefits of this new initiative will lead to increased production in the city very soon."

Gerard Butler became famous to audiences worldwide for his performance in 300. His new film Law Abiding Citizen is just out in cinemas across the country.

Councillor George Ryan, executive member for business and the economy at Glasgow City Council, added: "I am delighted that an actor of such global renown as Gerard Butler has lent his support to Glasgow Film Office, and this can only help our efforts to attract even more film and broadcast activity to Glasgow in the future through the Glasgow Film Partnership launched today."

Jennifer Reynolds, film commissioner for Glasgow Film Office commented: "I am absolutely thrilled that Gerard Butler has agreed to become our ambassador. His profile helps lend credibility to Glasgow and combined with his support for our office, he will help to publicise Glasgow within the film industry.

"He shares with Glasgow Film Office a strong passion for raising the profile of the city and we look forward to future collaborations and opportunities to promote Glasgow together."

Glasgow is the centre of the film and television production industry in Scotland, contributing nearly �18million directly to the city economy in 2008.

Glasgow Film Office works with council departments, Strathclyde Police and productions to ensure that all filming activity occurs with the minimum impact on the everyday life of citizens and businesses of the city while delivering the maximum economic impact.

Last updated: 30 November 2009, 17:40

You can read the story here:

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/1...ow-film-office/

Edited by becozy

Thank you for posting the article. How wonderful to know that Gerard is receiving some long overdue recognition in his home country.

This is such a coup for Gerry! How wonderful for him...I'm hoping this might mean more of his premieres in Glasgow? I'm sure if he has his say they will. Maybe this will also be the impetus to get Burns filmed!

:yay::wuv:

Well considering they could have asked the likes of James McAvoy or Ewan McGregor I think this is a wonderful honour for Gerry and as some of you have already said I hope he considers more film premieres in Glasgow. I think with Burns since he spent a good part of his life in Edinburgh it would be lovely to see it premiered at the Edinburgh Film Festival.

Moira

Found this on the STV site.

raynbow

The Hollywood star will hope his new role will mean it is easier to film in the city.

01 December 2009 06:15 AM

Hollywood star Gerard Butler will be made an ambassador for the Glasgow Film Office on Tuesday.

It is hoped that Mr Butler’s endorsement of the office will help the Glasgow Film Partnership, which has been created to make the process of filming on location in Glasgow as simple as possible.

Ahead of the launch, which will take place on Tuesday morning, Mr Butler said: "I'm very honoured to be asked to be Glasgow Film Office's ambassador. Anything I can do to support the local film and television industry is worthwhile.

"I wish Glasgow Film Office every success in the launch of the Glasgow Film Partnership and hope the benefits of this new initiative will lead to increased production in the city very soon."

Gerard Butler became famous to audiences worldwide for his performance in 300. His new film Law Abiding Citizen is just out in cinemas across the country.

Councillor George Ryan, executive member for business and the economy at Glasgow City Council, added: "I am delighted that an actor of such global renown as Gerard Butler has lent his support to Glasgow Film Office, and this can only help our efforts to attract even more film and broadcast activity to Glasgow in the future through the Glasgow Film Partnership launched today."

Jennifer Reynolds, film commissioner for Glasgow Film Office commented: "I am absolutely thrilled that Gerard Butler has agreed to become our ambassador. His profile helps lend credibility to Glasgow and combined with his support for our office, he will help to publicise Glasgow within the film industry.

"He shares with Glasgow Film Office a strong passion for raising the profile of the city and we look forward to future collaborations and opportunities to promote Glasgow together."

Glasgow is the centre of the film and television production industry in Scotland, contributing nearly £18million directly to the city economy in 2008.

Glasgow Film Office works with council departments, Strathclyde Police and productions to ensure that all filming activity occurs with the minimum impact on the everyday life of citizens and businesses of the city while delivering the maximum economic impact.

Last updated: 30 November 2009, 17:40

You can read the story here:

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/1...ow-film-office/

Looks like Gerry got a new ring and a new bracelet for his birthday. Very nice.

His eye also looks much better in this video. I do hope it is all well now.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

What an honor for Gerry! He really has come so far from taking that giant leap of faith that he could become an actor. I can't imagine just packing up with no money or prospects. I admire his determination. I'm sure he counts his blessings everyday for the great life he leads!

• 2 months later...

Here's a a video for it:

http://www.glasgowfilm.com/blog/?p=172

I'm so moved and I'm not even from Glasgow.

Theresa

Scotland.....the only place in the entirety of the world that I would give up my Canadian citizenship for, and believe me when I say, I am a proud Canadian and love my country with all my heart and soul but I would give it all up for my sister country.