Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

Hiya Gals

Do you ever have a day where something feels wrong or something had upset you but you can't put you're finger on it? That's how I feel today. I have that horrible feeling you get in your stomach when something's upset you. I had some small issues today in work. The kids are getting ready for exams and i've had to put together their prelim exam papers and make sure they're all revising properly.

This morning I found out from my boss that some of the class were worried that they didn't know enough, but they'd went to speak to her. I felt really really gutted because I love this class. There's only 12 of them in it and we always have a great laugh. I know that the kids didn't mean anything bad by it...they'd been revising and stumbled accross something and didn't know how to do it.

My boss just doesn't always have the best way of putting things. She's forever saying things and not really thinking about how it might come across. Anyway..it left me feeling a bit down, but I knew that as soon as I came on here and started reading all the comments on various subjects and looking at all the gorgeous pics of Gerry that everything would fall into perspective.

I wanted to tell you all that I love the outlook Gals has on life and how simple things are seen in the most beautiful way :)

xxxxxxx

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, GALS,

Good news! My best friend came down for the weekend. We were up until 2am last night talking about, well, everything. It was wonderful. I was worried it would be kind of awkward with her and my roommates, but it wasn't. It was awesome. I'm trying to convince her to come to class with me today.

Bad news... I finally got a printer of my own, only to find out that it isn't compatible wth a Mac. That was (and will be) the only time I wished that I didn't have a Mac. But I'm okay now. It's just a hassle as an English major to not have my own printer. I have a paper due today, and one due next week, and the week after that, etc... Hopefully I'll find something soon!

Forecast says we're supposed to have a high of 45° today. I hope so! It looks pretty frosty outside right now.

And here, just to jump-start your midmorning/midday/whatever! blues, a classic sexy picture of our man...

(sorry so tiny! :( I couldn't find a bigger one and I'm rather in a hurry)

CLICK HERE

Loves, all,

Amber

Hey Heather, we can't fix everyone's problems, but we are always here to lend a shoulder or hold a hand. Cyber hugs are almost as good as the real thing, so.... :grouphug:

Suzie

Posted Image

Very cold shower after that sexy picture! Thank you Amber., that's always been a favourite of mine.

And now from a very happy Piggy,

Posted Image

We have a thaw! I have been out for lunch, yummy pasta, but ever the pessimist McCranky claims it is due to snow again next week.

Sorry Heather, have a hug Galfriend, and one for Teeny and Bonnie and their 'Mums'......and Mama Goose.....and anyone who needs one today.

Posted Image

anna X

Hello All!

Ive missed you.

I feel a little guilty. Took the day off from work.

Its nice to stay home on a week day.

Anna: I love your Piggy taking a shower. Where

do you find this stuff?

Hope all that snow melts for ya. Do you get a

lot of it there? McCranky sounds like my room mate.

He has a negative attitude about everything.

Hope you are feeling well.

Its a really nasty day here, nothing but torrents of

rain and wind.

I shouldnt complain considering all that is happening in Haiti.

Those poor people. The company I work for sent 50,000 to

help the relief work. I pray it truly helps some.

Well I have lots to do around here today. Housework, bible lessons,

baking, laundry, did I mention housework? I guess its not going

to clean itself.....

Have a wonderful day GALS

Debbie

Edited by Trekkiegoober

Morning all,

You know lately the SC has been more dead than I've ever seen it. The only other time it was very empty, that I can remember, is when most of the GALS were in the 'Over-18' section, and there were only three of us in the SC for a few days. At least I think that happened... I don't know if I imagined it or what.

Last night my friend and I drove up the canyon. It was INCREDIBLE! I wish I could articulate how much I love nature and God's creation of earth. I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of everything I saw. Even in the dead of winter, it was breathtaking.

Today I think we'll take a drive to the city south of here, where there is no snow, huzzah! And palm trees. It's funny how, even half an hour north of St. George, there's snow, but once you come off the plateau there's palm trees and warm weather. It amuses me, hahaha.

Hope all you GALS are well and staying warm this winter!!

Love,

Amber

Hi Amber....yeah, it hasn't been as full here as it has in the past. I think real life (and the piggy club) has been keeping quite a few of the GALS busy these days!

Posted Image my sistars!

hugs,

Sue

:wave: Hi Ladies, Sue, Anna, Amber...

SUZIE and ELISSA; Congratulations!! I wondered what lucky gal got SCOTTY!! I'm so happy to know he will have such a good, loving home.

Once again, I'm using the large print for ANNA. :wuv:

Hope everyone's good. What day is it? I keep asking myself that.

Amber; Did you take any pics of the canyon in Winter? Please post them if you did. I'd love to see them, I can just imagine how beautiful it was.

Debbie, I also gave myself a day off during the week. I just really need a vacation but since my boss doesn't give us any PTO (paid time off), I can't really take one like I used to in past jobs. :tantrum:

Exhausted again...still anemic. And still hurting from the work injury from late summer.

(Blah, blah, blah!!)

SUE, had to giggle, I think you could train BONNIE to use the toilet. I saw either a dog or a cat do that just the other day!!

I got to spend a day with my Grandfather and my Auntie...met for lunch then drove together to my cousin's home. She has three little girls which I have finally met for the first time, and the oldest one is six!! Very cute little girls. My cousin has just started what looks to be a very successful home business...she makes those big fancy chocolate dipped strawberries for special occassions. She let me bring three home and I was amazed that the berries were so tasty for this time of year. Usually they aren't good till June!!

What a crazy day at the Animal Hospital today, and last weekend, lots of piggies and goats! And a rabbit amongst all the dogs and a cat. Today I got home and realised I smelled like puppies and goats!! :funnyup:

There's a puppy at work that I would like to own. She is nine weeks old and for sale. The girl I work with just let her little Cavalier King Charles have her first litter and it was just one pup. I took pictures of her last week the first time I got to see her, and then lied awake all night thinking of what I'd name her and if I could really do it. Well, I know I cannot do it, so it'll be sad to let her know...she really wanted me to have her. She's Tri-color and so pretty.

My other friend at work has Shih Tzus and one is due ANY day!! She has told me for months that she will just give me one...!! She stopped in today with two of her little Shih Tzu girls, and we did an ultra sound on the little mama...this is her first litter, in fact, her "MOM" said this is when she lost her viginity and she's over two years old!! (What a good girl, she waited!!) :wuv:

It looks like 5 babies, so that will be fun!!

I don't even know what's up with Ger these days...SUZIE mentioned his arms, and I just thought, "oh, I missed it!" I never saw GAMER so I'm looking forward to renting it.

I'm looking forward to the Golden Globes and hope we'll see Gerry there.

Well, must go now...need to balance my check book. (Fun.) And hit the sheets!!

HAPPY SUNDAY everyone!!

XO Nancy

I'm watching the Golden Globes, and I just spotted our man on the red carpet. Wow, he is bloody beautiful. I nearly died of a squee-fest. So excited to see him present tonight! Hope they don't drown down there in L.A. with all that rain!

Ahhh.....the end of a very long weekend (or a not-long-enough weekend). I spent all day Saturday shopping for things my mom will need at her new place. We ended up changing where she is going for various reasons - one of them financial and another a "gut" feeling that something wasn't right at the other place. She is moving into a small "cottage" tomorow which is a board and care home that specializes in residents with varying degrees of Alzheimers. I'm hoping the closer care (2 or 3 caregivers to a maximum of 6 residents) will help her physical condition improve. Had more shopping to do today - a couple of things for mom and then my dad gave me some things he wanted.

I got home to watch the Golden Globes (though I missed the red carpet arrivals). Now I' exhausted and hoping all goes well tomorrow when I have to transfer my mom. She's been fine about it so far, but she's also having a lot of physical pain lately and that worries me. She was fine until they moved her to a different room at the skilled nursing facility and since then she's been having a lot of pain again.

Nancy - I've always thought Cavalier King Charles spaniels were the cutest dogs in the world!

Gotta go, I hope all are doing well. It's supposed to rain here, quite a lot, for the next few days.

Hello ladies. OMG I don't even know what is going on here. I've been off the board since about December 13 or something like that. Reason: A BET! Yes, I went into a bet w/someone who felt that I was spending too much time idolizing Gerry and I needed a break. Now, I wouldn't do this lightly so I had to get something out of it. So, for my 30 day fast I was not to go on any Gerry sites or watch any Gerry movies or even look at any Gerry pictures. So, my mulititude of pics were taken down here at work and held in a "safe place" and this site was monitored to see if I logged in. I was good, I stayed away hence why I have NO idea what is going on. I got Christmas cards from people and I couldn't repsond to say thank you. My apologies to all who did send them. I'm not a jerk, I just couldn't do anything. But, I WON!!!!! To be honest, it wasn't so bad. I missed you guys but a little break from Gerry wasn't that bad or as bad as I thougth it would be. So, for my hard work in all things NOT Gerry a $1500 check was given to me on Saturday and I delivered it to this No Kill dog rescue facility near my house. They were very pleased to get the donation. I was going to use a portion of the money to buy some food and get some pet beds but I figured I'll let them get what they need instead. So, all in all it was for a good cause and now I have my Gerry pics back here at my desk and I'm online. I must buy my registration for Vegas and my airline ticket. Oh dangit, I misseed the early registration deadline didn't I. Oh Fudge.

Anyhoo, I'll be back later. Ciao!

Cassie

Posted Image home Cassie! And congratulations on the win....lol...that was a big bet and it went to a very worthy cause!

You my friend have a ton to catch up on!!! I've missed you and I hope you'll be posting some new pictures from Christmas of Cullen and Isabelle. Look how big B2 and Fynnigan are getting:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

Cassie that was a really awesome thing you did!

I've been really..stressed out and busy these last few weeks.My sister had a wreck on my birthday.My ex is loosing the house,so we've got to get my piano out of there tomorrow(it was still there because of space constrictions here). So I am about to face some financial/credit issues because my name is on the house.I look forward to the day when the only thing tying me to my ex are our kids and nothing else. And my car is acting up...and...and.. etc..etc...ugh So I've got to get rid of my car in the very near future,buy a different car,that doesn't cost so much to fix in parts and labor(I have a VW )...and my goal this year was to move out on my own and go to school and get a job once my boys are in school.But not sure if that'll happen now. So...yeah kind of stressed out. Trying to spend alot of time praying about it and meditating and just waiting for the solution to come to me....maybe that sounds pathetic or lazy to just wait for an answer to come but it seems the more I try to find the answer myself,the more I'm spinning my wheels. The answer is not within myself. So.. :whiteflag:

In response to a request from pictures of my drive the other day, I'm going to link you over to the facebook album where you can view said pictures: Sunday Drive

Seeing Gerry on the Globes last night was AWESOME!! But it seems as though he's losing his lovely Scottish brogue. :crybaby: They showed a shot of him during Martin Scorsese's speech, and he looked so cute!! I just wanted to reach through the screen and hug him.

Also, on a little 'cheating on Gerry' side-note, I freaking love Robert Downey Jr. I saw Sherlock Holmes on Saturday and absolutely fell in love with him. His acceptance speech, 'not-thanking' people, was a great way to liven up the ceremony, too (because, truthfully, it dragged on a bit).

Hope everyone is well! It's supposed to snow here ALL WEEK. :( I am NOT excited.

Love,

Amber

Cassie that was a really awesome thing you did!

I've been really..stressed out and busy these last few weeks.My sister had a wreck on my birthday.My ex is loosing the house,so we've got to get my piano out of there tomorrow(it was still there because of space constrictions here). So I am about to face some financial/credit issues because my name is on the house.I look forward to the day when the only thing tying me to my ex are our kids and nothing else. And my car is acting up...and...and.. etc..etc...ugh So I've got to get rid of my car in the very near future,buy a different car,that doesn't cost so much to fix in parts and labor(I have a VW )...and my goal this year was to move out on my own and go to school and get a job once my boys are in school.But not sure if that'll happen now. So...yeah kind of stressed out. Trying to spend alot of time praying about it and meditating and just waiting for the solution to come to me....maybe that sounds pathetic or lazy to just wait for an answer to come but it seems the more I try to find the answer myself,the more I'm spinning my wheels. The answer is not within myself. So.. :whiteflag:

Is your name on the deed or the note? If he's the one responsible for paying for it (note) then it should not affect your credit negatively but you will definately loose any equity that you might have had in the house if it's foreclosed. If you are jointly on the note then why the heck didn't your attorney get you off of it? I'm no lawyer but I would have thought that in the divorce the two of your would have settled joint accounts, etc., and remove your names from stuff like that.

There are all kinds of programs for single Moms, Andrea. There are even some that will allow a single mother to go to school full time and have part of her housing subsidised and you can even work part time. I'm not sure of all the details but I'm sure if you go to the internet and do a search, you'll find some information.

Sometimes when I can't find the answer I'm looking for, I just pray that God gives me the strength and energy and the will and the courage to FIND it on my own. That's all we can hope for sometimes. Not so much putting things out in front of me so I don't have to look so hard, but at least point my stupid arse in the right direction and I'll take it from there. Then sometimes, the answers we're looking for are right in front of us and we just let all the negative crap distract us away from seeing it. Praying is good, but just doing is better. Good luck to you.

Hugs,

Delene

Try this for starters...

http://www.ed.gov/programs/fpg/

Is your name on the deed or the note? If he's the one responsible for paying for it (note) then it should not affect your credit negatively but you will definately loose any equity that you might have had in the house if it's foreclosed. If you are jointly on the note then why the heck didn't your attorney get you off of it? I'm no lawyer but I would have thought that in the divorce the two of your would have settled joint accounts, etc., and remove your names from stuff like that.

There are all kinds of programs for single Moms, Andrea. There are even some that will allow a single mother to go to school full time and have part of her housing subsidised and you can even work part time. I'm not sure of all the details but I'm sure if you go to the internet and do a search, you'll find some information.

Sometimes when I can't find the answer I'm looking for, I just pray that God gives me the strength and energy and the will and the courage to FIND it on my own. That's all we can hope for sometimes. Not so much putting things out in front of me so I don't have to look so hard, but at least point my stupid arse in the right direction and I'll take it from there. Then sometimes, the answers we're looking for are right in front of us and we just let all the negative crap distract us away from seeing it. Praying is good, but just doing is better. Good luck to you.

Hugs,

Delene

Try this for starters...

http://www.ed.gov/programs/fpg/

Unfortunately,my name is on the deed to the house.We couldn't get it off as part of the divorce settlement because SUPRISE! his credit was crap.His debt to income ration was so bad the bank wouldn't give him financing without me.To make a long story short on that subject,my ex is an accountant with a real estate investment firm,he did the finances,because he was an accountant.I reviewed them but he hid about $40,000 of debt from me,and tweaked things so that when we went to build the house it appeared we could afford it,when in actuality...we couldn't.I didn't find any of that out till he had us leave and cut me off from everything and I started making some phone calls and doing some digging. So,unfortunately,I'm stuck when it comes to the house.My only hope is with my being a single mom,living with my parents with absolutely no concrete assetts the bank will absorb some of it.I don't see a logical reason why they would but as my Grandma said it "They can't take anything if you don't have anything to take,you can't get blood from a turnip". He on the other hand has a rental house in addition to the one he is now loosing.My name is on the mortgage for the house he is loosing but he is responsible for paying it.He says he can no longer pay it.And wanted my sympathy and I'm sorry but I have none,he should've been honest about the finances and we wouldn't be in this situation.

As to the other stuff,I am aware of a good part of it and it was part of my plans for the Fall. I now I can get help with school from being a single Mom and I qualify for first descendant scholarships through my Dad's tribe.And I have heard of apartment that accept gov't help with paying for the rent. And I have actually started buying stuff for my new place,sort of like building my "hope chest" all over again lol The whole thing really hinges on what happens with the house and I won't know that for a few months.

I agree with you about "doing" instead of sitting and praying and that's it.And that's usually how I operate but when I feel like I'm spinning my wheels,I sometimes feel like I should just be still and listen a bit before I get up and try again and meditate to get all that negative crap out of my way. What I am wondering about now is...wait and do nothing till the house is decided,or keep working towards my goal anyway.

Thankyou for the link.

Oh Andrea. Good grief. lots of positive vibes heading your way as you work your way through that. Goodness.

Cassie that was an amazing thing you did. I wondered where you might be, but goodness, what a wonderful thing you did. YEAH.

SUE! The boys! B2 on that horse is just precious -- but that serious study - goodness, oh to know what they think about so deeply at that age! BUT FYNN's EYES! He is absolutely adorable --- what a little dyanmo.

Yeah, it has been quiet around the SC for awhile, but then everyone comes back and it's a lot like a family reunion! YEAH for that.

Have a good week, one and all.

Jill

Welcome back, Cassie - that was a wonderful thing you did and I'm sure the shelter really appreciated the help. Just about all places that rely on donations have been sorely hurt during these tough times. If I had to remove all the Gerry pictures from my office the place would be awfully bare. As for Vegas, if I'm not mistaken you have until the end of this month to take advantage of the early registartion discount.

Andrea - I'm sorry you are stuck in such a bad situation financially and hope it all is resolved in a good way soon.

Sue - B2 and Fynn are just too beautiful! Thanks for sharing their pictures with us.

I just popped in to say hello and wish everyone a nice day. It's pouring rain here in Southern California for the 2nd day in a row and it's supposed to keep it up all week. We certainly need the rain but it seems it's either none or a ton and when it comes down too fast all the areas that burned in the past year or two are subject to mudslides. And of course Californians have no clue how to drive in anything worse than "partly cloudy" it seems!

I miss my computer and all of you like crazy. I am afraid you will forget me. It is just hard being agoraphobic. I meet more online friends than real life and I do not want to

lose all of you who have become so dear to me. I am going to try and do the birthdays and welcoming the new members while I am at a computer. God bless you everyone.

:hugs:

Tracy

:hug:

I love you all!!! :kiss::hug1:

I miss my computer and all of you like crazy. I am afraid you will forget me. It is just hard being agoraphobic. I meet more online friends than real life and I do not want to

lose all of you who have become so dear to me. I am going to try and do the birthdays and welcoming the new members while I am at a computer. God bless you everyone.

:hugs:

Tracy

:hug:

I love you all!!! :kiss::hug1:

We wouldn't forget about you! :love:

Hi Tracie I'm Neofyght--was around for a while than lost contact till just recently so am trying to catch up looking forward to seeing Gerry in his new movies this year. Also been voting on Hello Mags site as often as I can.

:donjuan::hearts::butterfly::hugs: