Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Just zipping by real quick to say hello...I'm like inches away from finishing my eldest boys scarf that I started days ago.It's really hard to get things finished with kids fighting and screaming lol

I'm sorry some of ya'll are in pain,I hope your pain will get better.

I love the computer too,it allows me to stay in contact with people I love(alot of my family are on FB) and make new contacts. I've never tried making siggys,maybe one of these days.

Ok,need to go finish this thing.Then I have to start on a hat and scarf for the youngest boy,then eventually make one for myself.Figure the best advertisement for my work is to wear it myself :)

Posted Image Just had to decorate the place with my today's favorite picture of Gerry (they change quite frequently you know)

Mel...Posted Image It's so good to see you. It seems like forever. Are you working? What's going on in your life??

Mousie... :seeyou: down there..... :wave:

Posted Image to all my sistars!

love,

Sue

Hi

Don't mind me. Just trying to see if I got any of my stuff back

I don't know what I did {right or wrong} but it seems to have worked whew :wave:

Hi Girlies :wave: ,

Love all the Christmas siggies!! All you siggy piggy gals are so talented!! :pointy:

We have had the cutest puppies ever! in the vet office this week.

Boy and girl Mini Fox Terriers on Monday,

then a most adorable little Corgi girl, (Pembroke Corgi, no tail) yesterday...(I wanted to take her home),

And then today, some sweet little thing..a terrier mix. The owner wasn't sure, so I am looking forward to seeing her as she grows up. She was so soft and sweet, and warm. Tan carmel with white on her paws, and a white fluffy chest, and dark brown on her ears...and perfect little white teeth. She was so cute! I wanted her.

And then, we had one of our fave clients stop in , and discovered he has moved his family away to Washington state, with all six dogs. But he was down here for the Eukanuba Dog Show in Long Beach...with his newest dogs...1 yr old male and female Tibetan Mastiffs. It was so much fun to see them. They were so beautiful and friendly...well, not overly friendly. Theydidn't growl or act like they were going to bite my hand off, so that makes them friendly to me. But wow, they were amazing!! He said he was going to stop in and bring me tickets for the show! I hope so!!

Oops, it's 10 o'clock...my bedtime.

Love to all,

Nancy :kiss:

Is it this cold all over? OH my, it's freezing in sunny CA!

:wave: my sisters!!!

Well, I'm offically "crippled up"...I have to see an orthopedic surgeon next Friday for my knee. :tantrum: My Bryan told me he will come up and pick me up and bring me down to the bay area for Christmas...that he isn't taking NO for an answer. I'm hoping that this doctor can just shoot something into the knee, at least temporarily so I can get through the holidays but we shall see. Old age is NOT for sissies!!!

Nancy, I love how excited you get about your little clients....my Bonnie is growing up...and I think (please God) that she is totally house broken now. Bonnie's favorite seat (when she's not on my lap!!!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of our friends from our church owns a landscaping business and he is putting in a little memorial sitting area in memory of my Dan'l in my backyard...since he's doing this job on the side he's working on it around his other business it's slow going...But the stepping stones leading from the cool deck towards the back where there is going to be a sitting area is down now (still need to be filled in though)...he said between Christmas and New Years he'll be able to finish with all the plants and flowers and the building of the covered bench....I thought I'd show my friends what it looks like now:

Posted Image

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

:wave: To all me Girlies! {{{HUGS}}} to those that need them... :kiss: just cause!

Sue ...I can't wait for the finished product but I'm sure it's going to be Gorgeous! What a nice friend for him to do that! So sorry to hear my sister Gal is in pain...It's good you are going to spend the Holiday with your family though!

Nancy, If I worked where you do I would be in fur baby Heaven! Although I would also be a baket case when they come in sick or you know...that other thing! :lalala:

Just wanted to stop by and wish you all a happy Thursday!

{{{HUGGLES}}} Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

UGH, winter has arrived with a vengance to the Great White North! Had to dust off the old snow driving skills today and sounds like more of the same for the next day or so.

Hope everyone is safe and warm :) the weekend is almost here!

Amanda

Hello to All!

Sue, sorry to hear that your knee is giving you problems--hope it will be "fixed up" real soon.

So glad you will be spending the holidays with your family. This getting "older" is for the birds

one day all is well, the next some stupid thing gets us down. It is just that we used to be able

to "get back up" faster a few years back. I will be looking forward to photos of the finished

memorial area--what a nice idea.

To eveyone else-- a fond greeting, and I am enjoying hearing of your holiday plans and do

wish you all the very best.

Hugs,

Judy

:wave: Sue, that is a lovely idea to have a memorial sitting area there. I know it will be your favorite spot when it is all done. Look forward to seeing more pics. Ahh Bonnie knows where the best relaxing spots are. She looks so cute and comfy. Thanks for sharing the adorable pics. So sorry your knee is giving you so much trouble. Hope you can get some relief soon. What a sweet son Bryan is to come and get you for Christmas. :hearts: I know you will have a wonderful Christmas with all the family and especially the little ones.

:hello: to GALS and PALS rushing about and getting ready for Christmas.

Diane

Enlarging for Anna: Despite a stooopid cold and many pressing issues in our home...I began phase 1 of Christmas decorating today. Took EVERYTHING out of my living room that doesn't belong during Christmas; thoroughly cleaned off bookshelves, tables and chairs; took down basic curtains and hung festive red curtains on all the windows; dusted and vacuumed rugs and hardwood floor. I put away all the fall decorations, and tomorrow Nathan and I will unload all the Christmas stuff from storage.

By Saturday, I should be able to start the REAL decorating. I used to do it all in a couple of days. Now it takes me at least a week. We did get our pretty new red door installed, and I hung a fresh wreath with a festive bow on the door. I'd love to do more to the front door with garland and lights, and maybe even some pretty greens in pots on the porch, but we'll see how it goes.

Sue, your garden looks lovely, even in Winter.

Hope you are all warm and cozy in your homes. It is a little warmer here tonight, in the lower 20's. I've got my long johns on under my clothes! Buuuuurrrrrrrr!

Posted Image

Swannie

Swannie, I remember your pictures of your home all decked out last year at Christmas...it's absolutely beautiful. I just can't do it anymore....especially this year....I did put up the little tree I bought last year and a few decorations but that's it for me this year. Not that I feel humbug or anything ... I think I'm just getting to old...lol.

Thank you for your lovely compliment. My plants however are taking a real beating in this extremely cold weather we are having...not sure how many I'm going to end up losing... :crybaby:

Thanks my friends for you concern and good wishes and prayers....I took a pain pill today and it has helped...

hugs,

Sue

Sue - I sympathize about your knee, my David just had his 2nd arthroscopic surgery about 3 weeks ago on his knee and now he is going to physical therapy twice a week. He's walking better but a wee dog got underfoot at a customer's house a few days ago and he tweaked the knee so now it's all swollen again. Your Bonnie looks so cute - she just blends right into that couch!

Swannie I'm sure your house will be gorgeously decorated.

As for me, I've come to accept that Christmas decor will always take a far backseat for me because December is just about my busiest month of the year at work. The past 2 or 3 years I didn't even get ornaments onto the tree until Christmas Eve and that may be the case this year as well. We don't even know what we are going to do for Christmas this year. Up until last year we always went to my mother-in-law's house but she is 88 now and says "no more!" having the holidays at her house. We did it last year but it was so stressful - my parents were there sniping at each other, my stepdaughter and her crew showed up way late after everyone else had eaten. So I'm not offering to do it this year. Maybe David and I will go to the movies - there are at least 3 movies coming out that I really want to see.

Sue, with the way I've been feeling about Bill's health, I considered NOT decorating this year. I don't feel anything even close to the Christmas spirit, but Bill would be so disappointed and so would Nathan. I'm determined to keep all my scary feelings in check around my family.

I have to say, Sue...I am amazed by how you have coped with your loss. I can't think of a lovelier way to celebrate a life than with a garden of growing beauty. It illustrates your faith that life still goes on, and that our loved ones live on too.

This year for Christmas, our family is doing something different. We always go to my sis's for Christmas eve, where we usually enjoy a relaxed and casual evening of Take out Chinese food and a holiday movie. Well this year, my sis decided she wants to go more formal, so she is preparing a 7 course gluten free gourmet meal, and we are all to wear dressy clothes. I'll be wearing the red cocktail dress I wore for Vegas 07, which I have not worn since then. Anyhow, it sounds like fun. After the dinner when my mom leaves, we'll have our popcorn and movie time.

Susan, I love decorating for Christmas and have done friends of mine's homes. Wish I could help you out, but I suppose we each have to celebrate in our own way, whether it be a little Charlie Brown tree on a table or an 8 footer in the corner. It's all good, so God bless us, every one!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Swannie

Evening and lots of love and hugs to all the GAL PALS here in the Support Center. Getting wild around here. Sue shared about the darn near icicles hanging from EVERYTHING (16 degrees when I left for work yesterday AM ---global warming???? Where????? send some NOW!!! sorry, I am kidding) Not only Christmas and shopping and sending packages to PA and cards (that have become New Year's cards unfortunately --- NOW my principal has decided we have to end the report card grading period on the same day school gets out--- so I have to do second quarter and first semester grades by next Thursday night.....talk about your basic need for a hot toddy!

Sue, the memorial area looks absolutely fantastic. Your church friend is amazing, just amazing. I can hardly wait to see it. (regarding the knee thing -- see if you doc will give you celebrex for the duration of the holidays so you can be up and about with the baby boys...then make up your mind about what to do later. I remember the euphoria of the first week when I could suddenly walk and bend....especially after about 3 days when it had time to build up in my system.)

Nancy, I love hearing about your stories from work. The "little ones" at the office are so lucky to have you.

Swannie, I remember the gorgeous pictures of all your decorating from last year. I am sure that it will be absolutely amazing as you have that certain touch...that flair that makes it all so special.

Susan, I'm with you. Movies all over that I want to see --- but it's going to have to be that week after Christmas. Still looking forward to it.

Diane, Fran, Peggy, Anna, Elissa, Kat, Judy, Amanda, and everyone that my pea-sized brain can't remember right now -- lots of love, lots of chances to stare out the window at falling flakes, soaking up glowing twinkle lights, and basking in glowing firelight. Love to you all.

Jill

Well, I've done all the decorating I'm going to do because I ran out of places to put stuff. This house is about half the size of my old one and I have bunches of decorations left over! Guess I'm having a garage sale next fall! I have lots of dolls, angels and stuffed animals that I never even took out of their boxes. Anyone want some stuff? I have some folks coming in tomorrow to do the outside lights. (I'm the only house in the cul-de-sac that isn't decorated outside and I feel like Scrooge!)

It's been chilly here too. We've had one night where the temps went down to 24 but haven't had any sub freezing temps since. We are 10 - 15 degrees below normal. It really does feel like Christmas, though.

Sue, Frannie, Peggy and Swannie and everyone else who is ailing, I'm sending you tight hugs and wishes for a fast recovery. To everyone else, I'm sending tight hugs and wishes that you STAY well!

SGD, everyone!

Suzie

:wave: Hello all, I haven't posted in here for ages. I hope everyone's staying warm and safe. With the first part of winter starting here, I am already hoping for a day with no wind chill factor. Today is our office Christmas party. After the last 4 months there the last thing I feel like doing is celebrating anything with these people, let alone Christmas. I usaully love this time of year but for some reason I don't know, I just don't have much in the way of Christmas spirit right now. Some of us are going out after. The first thing we are doing is ice skating outdoors at the BOK Center. Do I ice skate? :confused: No idea, haven't done it since I was like 14. Hopefully my day won't include an ER visit. Take care ladies, happy Friday, TGIF!! Wish me luck. :kisswink: ~Bex

Becca,I used to ice skate every weekend in the winter when I was a kid. We had a nice rink in our area, and I loved going there at Christmastime when it was all decorated. I sucked at it, but it was fun! You couldn't PAY me to strap on a pair of skates now! I hope you enjoy yourself and get into the spirit of things!

Yuck..I feel like my head is in a fishbowl and I can't sleep. Stoopid sinuses. I'm doing everything I can to battle this infection, but so far, nothing has worked. I'm too groggy headed to work on revisions for Chanson, so just sitting here staring the computer screen. Guess I'll take some Alka Seltzer Plus. Maybe that will help me sleep. Hope you are all nestled snugly in your beds and sleeping well.

Swannie

I'm sort of posting this everywhere - pardon the interruption:

If you have a Facebook account, please follow this link to vote for GALS Charitable Foundation to win 25k from Chase Community Giving. I have not seen this advertised anywhere else on GALS and unfortunately, today is the last day to vote.

You can also post this on your FB wall to get your friends to vote and post this on Twitter to make everyone aware.

I supported Gals Charitable Foundation by voting for them to win $25k with #chasegiving. Please vote, and RT! http://bit.ly/57aVuQ

P.S. When the page loads, click on the blue handprint to vote for GALS.

Hi Gals!

It's Friday!! I hope everyone is feeling a little better and is able to enjoy the weekend. The snow this week really helps me get into the holiday mood... but I hate the winter driving. Ah well, that's what I get for living in Canada ;)

Lots of love to everyone!

Amanda

:wave: everyone! Just using my husband's computer for a few minutes. My laptop is in the shop for major repairs. It seems that it's picked up some very nasty viruses that my antivirus software never detected and to make a long story short, one of them managed to charge over $4000 worth of Mafia

Wars rewards points on my credit card yesterday. I took my laptop to the Geek Squad today and it will probably be in the shop for 3-4 days. I've called my bank and they're taking the charges off and issuing a new card. This is the second time in 3 months that I've had unauthorized charges, but the first incident was minor stuff, more of a nuisance, really. The Geek Squad guy said now the "big boys" are involved but he thinks it can be cleaned and fixed. They're also installing much better antivirus software. It's a good thing all my stuff is backed up on disks.

Dang, Elissa, I'm so sorry. Elissa told me the Geek Squad suspected the whole virus mess was from Facebook. If you have a Facebook account, you may want to watch your system for viruses that Norton won't pick up. I have both SUPERAntiSpyware and Symantic Antivirus on my system and run them both weekly, and have had good luck cleaning everything up so far. However, just to be safe, I also have A MOZY system that backs up my whole file system every few minutes and stores it off site. My son worked for Microsoft and taught me to be paranoid.

Is everyone doing Christmas cards this year? I have sent very few and just can't get in the mood. Postage is getting so expensive I doubt that in a few years anyone will send bunches of cards out anymore. However, I do love receiving them, don't you?

Well, off to go find some trouble to get into. It will probably involve chocolate. Target has been selling TimTams and I've just discovered them. I'm in chocolate heaven! Oh, and I had to make my annual stop at the See's Candy shop in the mall. Thank God they are only sold here at Christmas - otherwise you'd have to roll me off the plane in Vegas next June! I'd look like that little kid in Willy Wonka!

Hugs to all by sisters and any Pals who are tuning in!

Suzie

:wave: Hi girls!! Looks like everyone's here, how fun!!

Sue, how sweet of your friend to do such a wonderful thing for you...a Memory spot for Dan in your garden...that is the sweetest thing. :wuv:

Love the pix of miss "Bonnie"...How old is she now? She looks like a good little size.

Oh, about your knee pain...I got my first Cortizone shot about 2-3 weeks ago and it was fine...everyone said it was gonna hurt, but it didn't. (My dr's name is Dr Sunshine, do you believe it? So maybe that has something to do with it, but he made sure it wouldn't hurt). It does kind of ache for a bit later that night and maybe the next day...like a cramped muscle ache, but it's been great to be pain free, (at least in that area!). Makes me wish I could get a shot all over!!

Be careful driving in the snow Amanda!! That would be too stressful for me. Just the heavy downpour of rain this morning made the back end of my car abruptly swere to the right twice!!

Swannie...I just don't see you as a Long-John's sort of gal!!

Suzie...When's the garage sale??? I LOVE stuffed animals. :wuv:

Oh no, I forgot "You've Got Mail" was gonna be on and now I missed it...It's the end part where he comes to her apartment and she has a cold and then he meets her in the park, oh no, where are my tissues!!

Hi Jill, Hi Judy, Hi to CAT and MEl, & Diane, Cheryl, Peggy, Frannie, Amiee, Bex...etc, etc, etc!!

And Lots of LoVE to ANNA over the sea.

Must get downstairs and eat something...Yes, it's very late for dinner, but I had to catch up with my sis on the phone and I think it was TWO hours!! Our Grandmother is 86 and has something like Alzheimer's for 18 months. She does not even know me, but last weekend she fell and broke the top edge of her femur. They did surgery, put a steel pin in, but she's really not doing good. With all the calls I got today, I will be amazed if she's still with us tomorrow. It's hard, but I know it's her time to go, I'm just feeling very sad for my Grandfather.

Well, would love to get to bed now, but I really am hungry.

I think I could use some of Suzie's chocolates!!

Goodnite all,

Happy SUNDAY!!

Love, Nancy

Edited by Attila Girl

Hello to all of you Rl life has been so hectic lately but all of you are in my thoughts and well wishes,as we salvage our beloved laptops,adore our families,love our new kitties(Scotland you bad boy!) and wind our way through these trying times...Just remember the reason for the season and let the good cheer envelope you and pay it forward...If all else fails you ,pop in your fav Gerry movie and a smile from deep down is sure to spirng forth! Make merry and spread the cheer Big Hugs to all of you from the bottom of my heart .... :wuv: Be careful driving around,get out your fav Pj's(Old Navy is having a sale btw) Nancy my heartfelt condolences go out to your grandmom(They are to special for words)Ms Suzie I know the postage is getting ridiculous but nothing warms my heart like a Christmas card!(and good cocoa with lots of marsmallows) Becca just saw the cutest commercial of a couple Ice skating,he kept falling on purpose so she could help him and he presented her with a diamond studded necklace! So go for it! Bex maybe we should all strap on some skates and just go for it It might just be what we need to feel Holly(no pun intended) and Jolly! BTW Ms Suzie I saw a lady on the news from Texas who decorates inside and outside for Christmas her entire house! every room and it made me think of you for some reason :wave: She actually starts in July.Talk about Christmas in July literally.Swannie do it for Nathan and Bill it will do you good too,He will give you the strength,remember that The Lord did not give us a spirit of fear so rebuke it and get to decorating something tells me you can put it down(LOL)Ms Sue you are in my prayers :metoyou: and lastly can someone tell me what the heck is a TimTam.I love Target and I'm willing to give it a go if it involves chocolate.Shout out to all the Pals too....Whatever your domination or ideologies or beliefs just know that you are Loved ...Tanya :hugs:

Well I got most of my decorating done, but I swear, it was soooooo much harder this year! I still have my snow village to set up on top of the bookcase, and the tree isn't up yet, but I should have the rest done in a few days. It takes me an entire day just to decorate the tree! I'll take some pics when I've got everything all cleaned up.

Susie, with everything going on, I won't be sending out Christmas cards this year. I really wanted to, but it just got to be too much. Thanks goodness I got all my gift buying done last week before I came down with this cold.

Hubby and I had a nice evening together, just drinking our hot tea and listening to Christmas music with a few candles lit. He seems in better spirits.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Swannie