Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

Hello everyone and happy New Year!

YEAH Jobella!!!

And Anna! Keep in and out of that snow sweet one. Was looking at some webcams...and dang. What is it with this snow drifts in Devon stuff?

Irish, Elissa, Nancy, Fran, everyone that I'm forgetting (and I know I am...sorry, age)...keep happy and healthy. Much love.

Jill

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you guys.....Gerry needs your votes in the Hello Mag. poll! There are just a few of us trying to catch him up to some great tennis player to which I am sorry but I don't follow tennis...I mean he's okay but he's no Gerry! So please go vote and help us out will ya??? PWEASE.... :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

I hear ya about taking down decorations! We usually don't take ours down until after The Epiphany, which is Jan.6, but no matter when you take the stuff down it's never fun! This year our kittens forced us to take our tree down on Dec. 30. They climbed it and crashed it to the floor. They weren't hurt, but the tree is bent beyond repair and the tree stand is broken. One of my favorite ornaments was broken and when the tree fell, it took the lighted garland off the mantle with it and broke Erin's stocking holder. The stocking holder had a snow globe on it, so there was broken glass and water all over the carpet. What a mess!

Oh your poor tree. My kids have nearly crashed mine my 2 yr old likes making the whole thing shake...I was sitting at the computer next to the tree and I saw it all in slow motion and I leaped to grab it...the cat...my cat ever since he was tiny,could climb the tree and come back down again without knocking anything off at all.Amazing.

Hey you guys.....Gerry needs your votes in the Hello Mag. poll! There are just a few of us trying to catch him up to some great tennis player to which I am sorry but I don't follow tennis...I mean he's okay but he's no Gerry! So please go vote and help us out will ya??? PWEASE.... :cunning:

I've went over there to vote,and man Federer has a big lead...totally stinks.

I'm doing good,I had a medical procedure done yesterday,and I'm doing ok after it. A bit tired but otherwise ok.But the awesome thing is,I had a very nice suprise waiting for me in my email that I am super excited about it!Perfect timing.Needed that boost:)

My kids are at their Dad's till late today. And we got snow over night only a few inches. I haven't been out in it yet,although I'm dyin to.

Having a fun time in South Texas too - At 5:30 this morning, it was 58*....at 8:30 this morning it was 28*!! Whoopee! I have another mama goose (or maybe the same one from last year) who has a nest

under the shrubs under my kitchen window. I was out there this morning covering the shrub with a blanket and insulating it with cardboard. Hey - it's going down into the teens over the next few days and she has a bunch of eggs under there! I know, she is a CANADA goose but she's been living in Texas for a long time! I'm not bothered by the cold because I brought in a huge pile of firewood and I'm not venturing out except to check the mail - wearing boots and a ski jacket!!!

I don't drink much, but a night like this is gonna be calls for a wee nip! Maybe a Peppermint Patty - hot chocolate and Peppermint Schnapps! YUM!! I wonder if mama goose wants some? hmmmmm.....

Suzie

If she doesn't Sweetie....I'll be right there to join ya! Sounds yummy to me! :p How cute Mother Suzie is taking care of Mother Goose!!

:kiss: Frannie

BTW....here's a little something I posted in the SP thread for EM's B-day...this should warm you Gals up!

Click me!

Posted Image

Edited by ladyfran

Hi Neofyght here --Lost site after vacation but I'm back now and will be around--snow--snow --snow everywhere. Good to see all the new siggies and pics. Hope everyone had a great Holiday season and looking forward to more of Gerry

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I GALS, It's been a few days since I've been on and there is a lotto catch up on. Juts dropping in to say hello and to wish evertone well. it's been a busy week with going back to work after the holidays.

Got good news on he job front this week. My teaching contract has been extended until the end of June - thank God!

Hope everyone is well.

Amanda

YEAH AMANDA!!!! WHOOOT WHOOOOT....and it couldn't happen to a nicer lady nor a better teacher.

Jill (aka Partner in Career Crime)

Aww, Thanks Jill! Now, the question is.. how am I going to work Gerry into my lessons THIS term?? hehe.

Amanda

Oh Amanda -- we'll figure something out -- even if it is to write a literary response to Dear Frankie!!!!! That'd be sort of high school. Me? I'm headed straight into teaching ancient Greece -- AND we are the mighty mighty (ok, well, middle school) Spartans!

this is SPARTA!!!!!!

Ok. I'm done. Just so happy for everyone.

Love to all. Jill

Good morning, Gals............everyone nice and warm? Ooooeeeee it's been cold. Supposed to warm up here (Colorado) to 20 degrees. Plumb flat-out heat wave. I'm ready for some Gerry news - anxious to see him on the GG. I'm really, really ready for a new Gerry movie.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi!

BlueJean

Hey everyone! It's balmy 12 degrees here in North West TN :lol:. Supposed to be 0 tomorrow. I would complain about the cold but ya know what...it's bug killin' weather.We need this kind of cold to kill off some of the germs that have been going around and besides that,I remember it being like this in the Winter when I was a kid.It's been way too warm these last few years.I actually like cold weather as long as I'm dressed for it.My sister swears there is something wrong with me.:)

Schools are closed here,I drove my eldest son all the way to school(preschool) and got there and no one was there.Had no clue the schools would be out,there is no ice or snow,I guess they are scared of the cold.He was not happy,today was supposed to be "wear your pjs to school" day,so I had a 3.5 yr old in the backseat in his tractor and trucks pjs,hat,coat etc...pouting because school was closed.

I'm thinking about trying to start teaching piano again,if my Mom will let me do that here on her piano.Or if I can find a church somewhere that would let me borrow their piano for a few hours.I kinda miss doing that. And I miss playing for myself as well,my Mom's piano is majorly out of tune,so I rarely play it,I plan on getting it tuned so I can play again.I tried to play the other day and I noticed how tired my hands got and it got on my nerves lol I was thinking "This isn't right,I've got to practice,I can't have my hands feeling like this" So that is what is going on with me.

Congrats for all the good news that ya'll have mentioned.

Having a fun time in South Texas too - At 5:30 this morning, it was 58*....at 8:30 this morning it was 28*!! Whoopee! I have another mama goose (or maybe the same one from last year) who has a nest

under the shrubs under my kitchen window. I was out there this morning covering the shrub with a blanket and insulating it with cardboard. Hey - it's going down into the teens over the next few days and she has a bunch of eggs under there! I know, she is a CANADA goose but she's been living in Texas for a long time! I'm not bothered by the cold because I brought in a huge pile of firewood and I'm not venturing out except to check the mail - wearing boots and a ski jacket!!!

I don't drink much, but a night like this is gonna be calls for a wee nip! Maybe a Peppermint Patty - hot chocolate and Peppermint Schnapps! YUM!! I wonder if mama goose wants some? hmmmmm.....

Suzie

So sweet that you're taking care of the goose! Can you run an outdoor extension cord out there with a light bulb or heat light and hang it in the bush? One of those mechanic's lights are great for that sort of thing. You might call the conservation people and ask them if they have any special advice.

.He was not happy,today was supposed to be "wear your pjs to school" day,so I had a 3.5 yr old in the backseat in his tractor and trucks pjs,hat,coat etc...pouting because school was closed.

Aw, this is so cute, Andrea! I can just picture him! Maybe you could promise him a "wear you pjs" to McDonalds instead. I do it all the time!

Hello my lovelies! I have been reading about how cold it is in your neck of the woods. Well, it was -3 below here last night and I had to bring all dogs in to the "human" part of the house. We stacked several one ton hay bales along the north wall of the barns for extra insulation as the winds are bringing the temp down to -30. It's like living in Fargo, ND! It was warmer in Juneau yesterday!

There is also a couple of feet of snow to add to the mix and we keep having power surges which could mean the power could go down. Thank God we have a huge tractor with a plow blade on the front. We had to cut a swath for the propane truck to get to the tank to fill it! The house is all electric but the fireplace is gas and a wood burning stove downstairs are our only backup sources of heat!

I've been looking at houses for sale in Antigua! :funnyup:

Delene

.He was not happy,today was supposed to be "wear your pjs to school" day,so I had a 3.5 yr old in the backseat in his tractor and trucks pjs,hat,coat etc...pouting because school was closed.

Aw, this is so cute, Andrea! I can just picture him! Maybe you could promise him a "wear you pjs" to McDonalds instead. I do it all the time!

Hello my lovelies! I have been reading about how cold it is in your neck of the woods. Well, it was -3 below here last night and I had to bring all dogs in to the "human" part of the house. We stacked several one ton hay bales along the north wall of the barns for extra insulation as the winds are bringing the temp down to -30. It's like living in Fargo, ND! It was warmer in Juneau yesterday!

There is also a couple of feet of snow to add to the mix and we keep having power surges which could mean the power could go down. Thank God we have a huge tractor with a plow blade on the front. We had to cut a swath for the propane truck to get to the tank to fill it! The house is all electric but the fireplace is gas and a wood burning stove downstairs are our only backup sources of heat!

I've been looking at houses for sale in Antigua! :funnyup:

Delene

Ya know I didn't think about that(should have)...it was cold and I'm tired so I just wanted to go home where it was warm and I didn't have to wear 3 layers(long sleeved t,jacket and down filled coat) and have my seat warmer on.

I went outside earlier and built a little shelter for the outside cats to stay warm(they won't come inside) and we covered all the sunporch windows with plastic and I put a thermal curtain over my window etc...Our house is all electric,we have a hook up for propane but we haven't used it.Thank God the power hasn't gone out yet,we had an ice storm last year and had to go stay in a hotel cause the power went out for all the backroad areas.

Wow, some of you are having really EXTREME weather. Here in Oregon, it is just "rain" as usual.

I suppose we will have our share of "arctic" air and cold as the winter progresses. We already

had a week of extremely cold temps in early December. D.--glad you thought of those outdoor

cats. I feel so sad for all the animals and PEOPLE who are out in the weather. My fat old cat goes

outside, does her business and then stratches at the door to come right back in! I tell her how

lucky she is to have a nice warm home!

Wishing you all a nice weekend.

Judy

We're in the deep freeze down here in NC too.....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... they say we are going to warm up to at least 55 by Tues! I hope so....my heat bills are gonna kill me! :unsure:

warm and fuzzy{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to all my frozen Galfriends ....been a rough winter so far for most of the country!

I heard it's supposed to get in the 50's the first of the week.Although I welcome not being frozen,it's gonna screw with everyone's health that drastic of a change.That'd be a 40-50 degree difference from now!

Hello Everyone!

The weather here in the UK is extreme, today it's at 27f or -3C, some places still snowed in, but although the main roads are clear supplies have been hit as the lorries/trucks aren't able to travel, everywhere is so icy. And we have more snow to come over the next few days!

We have had power cuts, water main bursts, and the gas supplies are supposedly running low. What Joy!

It looks like many here are feeling the brunt of the Artic weather too, you have my every sympathy.

McCranky was to have a lesion removed from his back but had his operation cancelled at the last moment, so we shall have to wait for that to be relisted, an Oncology appointment was cancelled due to snow so I have another one but not until March....long wait.

The children have enjoyed the snow but my little man has suffered from various coughs etc during the Holidays. at the moment he has a cold and can use a large box of tissues in a morning.

I shall leave you with this photo of one my flower bowls, I am so pleased with all my Hyacinths this year, I must be doing something right!

Bigs Hugs, keep warm, keep safe,

Anna X

Posted Image

Hello Everyone!

The weather here in the UK is extreme, today it's at 27f or -3C, some places still snowed in, but although the main roads are clear supplies have been hit as the lorries/trucks aren't able to travel, everywhere is so icy. And we have more snow to come over the next few days!

We have had power cuts, water main bursts, and the gas supplies are supposedly running low. What Joy!

It looks like many here are feeling the brunt of the Artic weather too, you have my every sympathy.

McCranky was to have a lesion removed from his back but had his operation cancelled at the last moment, so we shall have to wait for that to be relisted, an Oncology appointment was cancelled due to snow so I have another one but not until March....long wait.

The children have enjoyed the snow but my little man has suffered from various coughs etc during the Holidays. at the moment he has a cold and can use a large box of tissues in a morning.

I shall leave you with this photo of one my flower bowls, I am so pleased with all my Hyacinths this year, I must be doing something right!

Bigs Hugs, keep warm, keep safe,

Anna X

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/map...ewfolder011.jpg

Yep,sounds like ya'll are getting the same Artic thing we are(obviously not the same system but similiar weather conditions).Thankfully snow wise we've just been getting a dusting instead of getting buried. But with it being so cold,our electric bill is going to be outrageous.

My boys battled coughs during the holidays as well,I was at the dr's office at 7PM a few days after Christmas with my youngest(and his brother...that was fun),who ended up having to have breathing treatments every day almost.And the eldest had double ear infections.Unfortunately my boys haven't mastered the tissue thing,which would be great so they would quit wiping it on me! :lol:

Your hyacinths are beautiful.Looks wise those are some of my favorite flowers.(can't handle the scent) I have African violets but none of them are blooming right now :)

and btw...for those who wanted to see what my boys look like from the front...here ya go

my boys

Edited by discoveringme
Quoted picture changed to link as per guidelines

Anna, those are beautiful...but I've seen pics of your house in spring and YOU my dear have a green thumb!

I'm afraid my plants (which are mostly out on the back patio) are not doing well at my place. It was my Dan'l who had the green thumb...not me and this cold weather isn't helping... :tissues: .... I'm praying that spring will bring some of them back to life.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

I'm afraid my plants are DOA too. It was down into the teens last night and those that were still struggling bit it. Hopefully SOMETHING will come back in the spring! At least mama goose is doing OK with all the extra blankets! (Why do I feel guilty wearing a down jacket now? What if it's one of her chicks from last year???)

Anna, your plants are lovely, you do have a green thumb. Tell Michael I am saying prayers for all of you!

Sue, sorry your plants are doing as poorly as mine! Sounds like we are all suffering from "global warming".

Hugs to all my GALfriends. Have a great weekend!!!

Suzie

OMG--I never thought about them killing the animals to get the down!! I guess I thought

it just fell off, or they brushed it out--oh, my, I will probably never think of my down

pillow the same!! You learn something every day! LOL. Do hope the cold weather lets up

and Andrea, your boys are so cute! Love the hyacinth's. Think I am going to see if I can

find one in a indoor pot for my sister! I definitely have never had a green thumb! I think

we will all be glad to see Spring roll around this year!!

Hugs,

Judy