Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixgirl

The Proposal

The Proposal

By Lisa Duncan

The afterglow was the second best part.

It felt safe and warm in his arms, in our bed, watching the moonlight pour into the room and shine on his bare chest, glistening still with sweat. He lay next to me breathing hard, a smile on his face and his arm around my naked shoulder. I leaned into his body, curling into the crook of his arm. The silver light gave him an angelic look, and he was anything but that night. The passion with which he took me was almost overwhelming. It was as if he couldn't get enough of me; like he wanted to swallow me up whole.

I ran my fingers down the path between his chest muscles and over the trail of hair that led south. He breathed in hard through his nose at my touch, his body obviously still sensitive. He ran his fingers gently over my shoulder causing the goosebumps to rise to attention. We didn't say a word; simply held each other in the moonlight.

After a few moments he began to stir. I was surprised he didn't fall asleep. He leaned to the right to get something from the nightstand. So soon, I thought. I closed my eyes in grateful anticipation of his fingers grabbing my hair again, his mouth trying to devour my body, his strong thighs holding me down. How I loved him.

He leaned back over and pulled my left hand out from beside him. He held it, gently fingering the fleshiest part of my hand. He brought my fingers to his mouth and kissed them. I looked up into his green eyes, made almost grey by the full moon. He held my hand, kissed my mouth and I felt something slip onto my finger. I pulled away and looked at the man beside me. He smiled cheekily, knowing what my answer would be. Once the ring was securely on my finger, he held it up so we could see the diamond sparkle. He put his large hand around mine completely, brought it to his chest, over his heart and asked.

And of course I said yes.

Edited by phoenixgirl

Oh my gosh! SOOOOO beautiful Lisa! I love your description of the moonlight, especially referring to it as "silvery." Great imagery! And it's romantic, but I definitely would not call it sappy.

You have an innate talent for describing things in a way that we as readers can climb right in and experience it as if we were there.

Brava, Brava, Bravissima!

Stephanie

Lisa,

I just had to come back tonight and read this again. It's so beautiful, and I really needed that image in my head right now. Thanks so much for writing this. You don't know what it means to me to have something like this to turn to when I'm in need. Please write more soon and share it with us.

Steph

LISA! HOLEY MOLEY! damn woman...Hot and soooo romantic.. But I hate to say this ...I know a lot of us are putting ourselves next to him and throwing you off the bed!! :p hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Just kidding!...No I'm not!

All kidding aside my friend ...you have a way with words...so whens your novel coming out? :unsure:

:wave: Frannie

Every girl's fantasy.... :hubba:

That was awesome!!! Where's the line start? I'll buy your book!!! :wuv:

Wow, ladies. Thanks for your generous compliments. I have no patience to write a novel, as I have two started. I am thinking, however, of only writing short romantic stories and seeing if I can get those published.

I'll let you know the next time I'm inspired ... and Frannie, how do you know who the guy is? :confused: Maybe it's someone you wouldn't want to be next to in bed? I mean, my hero has GREEN eyes ... :p

:lmao:

Edited by phoenixgirl

YEAH...OKAY LISA! :p:dingdong:

What the hell does this emoticon mean anyway??? Seems to work here though!!

:funnyup:

:kiss: Frannie

Like this very much. You definitely have a talent for words. I can absolutely picture myself there.. right in the story and it's a very nice picture to have especially considering who my hero would be. I'm going to have to read this a few more time ;)

Amanda

Where the H have I been???? Wow Lisa! I just read this and just... :wow2: I love short stories and look forward to reading more! Well done!

Hugs,

Diane

I just saw this...Nicely done....why do I feel like a voyeur?

Yeah, Lisa, when's the next installment?

Delene

That was it for this. You have to read my chapter story if you want more. :)

Catch A Falling Star ... HERE

Wow Lisa! Very descriptive! Could easily picture the scene in my head.

~Ray

Tsk tsk! You're too young to be picturing a scene like that! :lol:

Steph

Edited by AbandonThought

~Ray

Steph

I know. I was a bit unconfortable reading it. :p But, since I've been hearing so many great feedback for Lisa's writing I just wanted to read one of her masterpieces.

~Ray

~Ray

Steph

I know. I was a bit unconfortable reading it. :p But, since I've been hearing so many great feedback for Lisa's writing I just wanted to read one of her masterpieces.

~Ray

I'll find something benign I wrote that you can read, Ray.

Edited by phoenixgirl

~Ray

Steph

~Ray

Yes, Lisa's writing is amazing! I'm her biggest fan, I think.

Care to take a look at one of mine? Nothing to make one uncomfortable. ;)The Moment

Steph

~Ray

Steph

~Ray

I'll find something benign I wrote that you can read, Ray.

Lisa - I kinda saw the first part of your post. It's ok, really.

~Ray