Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Movie Discussion

Cleobethra

Sure we talked about this until we were blue in the face

over at GB.Net, but we can talk about it here too.

I have so many that I consider my favorites.

I love Timeline, because Marek is the perfect man.

His gentleness in the fim touched me.

I loved One More Kiss because it spoke to me personally.

I spent $94 to get his on DVD on eBay.

A woman returns to see Sam (Gerry) to tell him

that she is dying of Cancer. She jus wants to spend

the time she has left..with him.

My Mom has Cancer and this film just moves me.

Gerry is very special in this role.

The Jury just had me.. :o

He was beyond brilliant!

I could go on and on and on about this man's movies!

He's so powerful!

This is a tough one to answer. lol.

I enjoyed Timeline. because it's one of my favorite books, and even though it didn't do the book justice, it's a fun movie, and they don't get much hotter than Andre Marek. Sweet, romantic, etc.

Poto is a favorite, just because I love to hear Gerry sing, and he does so much acting with his eyes. You could watch it with no sound and still know what feeling he's trying to get across. It's a wonderful story.

I also loved The Jury. His perfomance in this movie had me in tears. Partly because of his own personal struggle, and partly because it's a topic that hits very close to home in my own family and marriage. Johnny is a great character, and if I may say so, my favorite mop up boy.

I'm a bit predictable - I love Dear Frankie.

I relate to it as a mother with a young child. I just want to kill that bastard for what he did to Frankie. It makes me so angry when his sister trys to make Lizzie feel guilty about bringing Frankie to see him.

I also love the romance of the movie. A good tear jerker always gets me!

Probably POTO...because it was just really powerful and moving and it'll always be special to me.

But DF, D2K, and Timeline are my other favs.

And the rest...well....sorry to have to say it, but sometimes there are a couple that I can just barely watch except for the fact that our Ger is in them!

Do tell how ya got One More Kiss Bethy! Only in America can we get everything else BUT Gerry's movies!

For me its POTO first. I have always loved the story, identified with the Phantom, saw the stage play, but with Gerry I rediscovered it and it blew me away.

Dear Frankie is just so beautiful, that kiss in the end always makes me cry.

The Jury had me in tears during most of Gerry's on screen time. What a fantastic actor he is.

Attila is just :gg1: And I really liked the film.

Timeline is okay, Gerry is fantastic, Andre Marek, will you marry me???

One More Kiss I have to watch again. I think it was the first DVD I got with Gerry in it. Though the story is touching and very good, I just had some difficulties with the main female character.

Dracula (despite the fact that I hate horror movies) I quite liked. You can bite me anytime, Gerracula.

TR2, without Gerry in it I wouldn't have bought it, but he makes it enjoyable.

Reign of Fire, still have to watch that one.

Gotta tell ya, I can't choose between "Phantom" and "Dear Frankie." They both were starkly different in both style and content and yet I loved both of them.

While POTO was aesthetically a beautiful film, with the brilliant cinematography, and of course, sensual and wonderful music, “Dear Frankie,” was beautiful in it’s own right as well, but more for the story than for the ambiance.

I have to tell you, while I’m a total sap and cry at movies all the time, I rarely cry in public. With what has happened to me in recent years, I believed I always had to appear strong...can’t let anyone ever think me weak. I’d go home and cry my eyes out, but rarely allowed people to see how badly I was hurting inside. I laugh to mask my pain.

Well, guess what? I cried IN PUBLIC watching “Dear Frankie.” When Frankie hugs the Stranger, I broke down and had tears running down my cheeks. It moved me more than I can tell you. I was able (somehow) to keep from crying at POTO in public, but bawled like a baby at home.

I think to ask someone to pick their favorite film would be like asking a mom to pick her favorite child – it just can’t be done.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

Do tell how ya got One More Kiss Bethy! Only in America can we get everything else BUT Gerry's movies!

Damn, I spent $94 to get the DVD on eBay. :blink:

You can get it for like $20 on eBay on VHS,

but the DVD is expensive!

Iwill have to say that mine is POTO...i ADORE this movie soo much, and it wiil always have a tremendous impact on me...i have seen this movie about 50 times, and yet i still cry EVERYTIME! :cry: thats the sort of impact that gerry had on me in this film. :clap:

I LOVED Poto! It was such A great movie! But I love so many of them like Timeline, it isn't as good as the book but Gerry was great in it! And D2k :blink: That was nice!

I also really like the Jury. Gerry did a fab job in it!! ;)

-Lanie

I haven't seen everything of Gerry's yet but I am working on it. I think it is going to be very hard to top POTO. But I pre-ordered Dear Frankie and am waiting on pins and needles until it comes!

I liked Timeline especially Gerry but the book was better - Michael Crichton is a fabulous writer.

I loved D2k - Gerry was mesmerizing

Reign of Fire - He should have had Christian Bales part.

Mrs. Brown was sweet. I enjoyed it too.

I LOVED Tomb Raider2 - Wished Gerry's part had been bigger. But still drool everytime I see it. I bought the DVD tonight

I'm watching Shooters tonight and I'm dying to find the Rockstar film.

The Jury is arriving from Netflix next week.

I'd love to see One More Kiss and Rockstar but have no idea where to get them.

Did I miss any others?

Carrie > Evil Gal :Devil:

I ordered Rock Star on eBay.

$85.00 (And that's for VHS! :blink: )

I tell ya, I have a bank account with funds that are

to be used for GERRY items ONLY!

There is no hope for me. :gg1: :gg2:

-Bethy

Ahhh - Bethy - I have the funds - its just that I have been burned on Ebay. Long story, cheap ending. To embrassing to share.

Tonight I watched Shooters. I have to say I liked it. It was sad, tragic, violent but interesting. Jackie Junior was hot in a really disturbing way. It wasn't like I was watching Gerry at all. I'm not sure I could watch it again.

I'm looking forward to seeing The Jury next week.

Hugs to everyone!

Carrie

I will have to say "The Phantom of the Opera" because that is when I "discovered"

Gerry. The day after I saw POTO, I rented "Timeline" and I was in big time lust.

Then I saw the yellow towel scene in Shooters and suffered an estrogen

meltdown and was diagnosised with GALS. Watching Atilla didn't help my

condition much either....hubba, hubba.... I am still waiting, till I get my strength

back to watch "The Jury" !

L.

:gg1: :gg2:

hmmm....

Timeline would have to be one of my faves, I mean, it's where I discovered Gerry! and think, how boring would my life be without him?? :wub: that, and Andre Marek, is such an awesome character. So romantic and sweet.

Phantom of the Opera is a close second, just because we get to hear Gerry sing :gg2: and he did a breathtaking job in it. at some points I forgot it was Gerry...you really believe that he is Erik. and I just love the story.

Dear Frankie would have to be tied with POTO. I love the stranger. is there really anything to say about this one? *sigh*

oh and then Tomb Raider. he was just so unbelievably sexy! :gg2: the movie itself suced...nothing good happend until the Bala Kala prison scene. ;)

and the ending was awful *tear*

Dear Frankie is my all-time favorite.

Phantom is close behind.

Then...probably The Jury.

Poto is my favorite so far and it will always have its own special place because it's where I discovered Gerry. I haven't gotten to see Dear Frankie yet but from what everyone is saying I expect to be wonderful. I can't wait for July 5 to come along. I didn't really like Timeline, but I love love looovvvveeeeee Marek.

:clap: I got confirmation today from Amazon.com - Dear Frankie DVD and the soundtrack is on its way!!! I can't wait to get it. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

LOL

Carrie

Poto is my favorite so far and it will always have its own special place because it's where I discovered Gerry.

Yes, Phantom will be special for me because of that reason. I dont think I have ever been as touched by an actors preformance before.

I love the Vanilla of Timeline! Its so sweet :D .

Then there is the Kinks in Attila and that scene in Mrs Brown ;):drool1:

And at the moment I have neither Attila or Timeline because my brother has borrowed them :angry:

So many good moments and characters....sigh :conf:

Do tell how ya got One More Kiss Bethy!  Only in America can we get everything else BUT Gerry's movies!

Damn, I spent $94 to get the DVD on eBay. :blink:

You can get it for like $20 on eBay on VHS,

but the DVD is expensive!

I purchased the One More Kiss DVD through the GNet marketplace on Amazon uk. It is a Region 2 DVD. (I plan to purchase a multi region DVD player.) But, until I do, I have been able to watch it on my pc. To view it in the US, I just had to adjust the setting from Region 1 to Region 2 (you can change it back to region 1 when you're done watching this movie). I have a 19" monitor which makes viewing ok. I really liked the movie.

The purchase had to be converted from pounds to dollars on my credit card. I believe the total cost was $15.96 USD.

I actually have a small complaint about all of GB's movies. I absolutely love his acting - his characterizations are awesome, but I'm always wishing he was in more scenes, or that his part was beefed up a little more to take advantage of his amazing talent and make him the unequivocal central character. Even though he commands the screen when he is on - he is usually forced to enhance someone else's role - like Angelina Jolie in TRII. (I know it takes a strong character to carry this off well.)

Anybody else agree?

I have to add my me too to gummyronney's complaint!!

I want more of GERRY!!!

Personally I would't mind if we sent the rest of Hollywood home hand just had Gerry for all main male roles for the next fifty years. :clap:

Oh well, can't tell I have GALS can you?

wait wait--I have to say this--

I GOT THE DEAR FRANKIE DVD!!!!!!! :drool1::drool1::drool1::lol:

yay!

ok...calm...dwon...breathe...in...out....in....X_X

mohaha...I'm REALY hyper-and happy. seen it like three times already-my family already hates it. or rather, they hate the music and such, they've never actaully SEEN it-just listened to it as I've got it blaring through the house! ^_^

I actually have a small complaint about all of GB's movies. I absolutely love his acting - his characterizations are awesome, but I'm always wishing he was in more scenes, or that his part was beefed up a little more to take advantage of his amazing talent and make him the unequivocal central character. Even though he commands the screen when he is on - he is usually forced to enhance someone else's role - like Angelina Jolie in TRII. (I know it takes a strong character to carry this off well.)

Anybody else agree?

Hear, hear. Or, if he's the "main" character....he's still not central, really. Like Phantom and Game of their Lives.